Ambivalent

By Galen_Yana

"You seriously think that you can run away from me?" He sniggered darkly. His obsession, his madness over me... More

Chapter 1: Winter
Chapter 2- Theodore
Chapter 3: Winter
Chapter 4: Winter
Chapter 5: Theodore
Chapter 6: Winter
Chapter 7: Winter
Chapter 8: Winter
Chapter 9: Theodore
Chapter 10: Theodore
Chapter 11: Winter
Chapter 12: Theodore
Chapter 13: Winter
Chapter 14: Winter
Chapter 15: Theodore
Chapter 17: Theodore
Chapter 18: Winter
Chapter 19: Winter
Chapter 20: Winter
Chapter 21: Theodore
Chapter 22: Winter
Chapter 23: Winter
Chapter 24: Winter
Chapter 25: Theodore
Chapter 26: Theodore
Chapter 27: Winter
Chapter 28: Winter
Chapter 29: Winter
Chapter 30: Theodore
Chapter 31: Theodore
Chapter 32: Theodore
Chapter 33: Theodore
Chapter 34: Theodore
Chapter 35: Theodore
Chapter 36: Winter
Chapter 37: Winter
Chapter 38: Theodore
Chapter 39: Winter
Chapter 40: Theodore
Chapter 41: Winter

Chapter 16: Winter

1K 23 0
By Galen_Yana

I stared at my phone screen as if some phantom is emerging out of it. It displayed a call. A call from Richard. I don't know what I have done to receive such attention from Lord Richard.

Clearing my throat, I received his call.

"Yes."

I answered professionally, as I always did.

"Momma and Dad will be visiting me tonight for dinner. I need your presence."

Even he spoke the fact that only mattered, skipping all the formalities and wishes.

"But I will get off by seven in the evening."

"No problem. I will tell them you are off to meet some friends."

"Oh! Okay thank you."

I was about to hang up when he spoke again.

"I will come to pick you up."

"No it's alright. I will come on...."

"What do you think my parents will thinks if you return home by yourself riding bus, while I enjoy cozy time at home."

He cut me off in between. And I was dumbfounded. He is actually correct.

"I don't want them to doubt."

Well Richard, believe me neither do I.

"And if they have any doubt, even if its for a little bit, you know what will happen? They will directly contact your parents. Do you.."

"I know, I know."

I shouted. Something have got on my nerve recently, for me to be acting all riled up. Whereas in general, I don't loose my composure.

"Fine. When you arrive, do give me a call."

He hung up from the other end. Only if I can beat shit out of this spoiled bastard.

I got back in my work, recently days in office have turned easier for me. Theodore have been acting normal, he didn't approached me, neither misbehaved with me. I don't know, what have got in him, but what ever pixie dust is sprinkled on him, I wish it's influence acts on him for the time being I am here. After some time, I noticed Theodore's cabin's door open and he came in picture. I stood up abruptly from my seat. He was heading towards board room for meeting. Halting on his track, and turning back he came back to me.

"Mmm. Actually tonight I am free. If you don't have any plans.."

I kept looking at him. Theodore, this is a really- really wrong move. We...

"..Would you like to dine with me?"

I stood up from my seat, slowly. Hesitatingly I tucked my hairs behind my ear and twiddling my fingers, I pursed my lips. I don't know, how to refuse his offer? How can I refuse him?

"Actually, Sir.."

He flinched a little on my way to address him

"..I have some plans for the night."

"Oh!"

Just a simple reply and he walked back to his cabin. While I, slumped back on my seat and pulled my hairs. Sighing I got back in my work. At times I did glanced back at his close door, but he didn't re appeared after that.

Good, he need to understand. I am about to marry another man. And it will be better as soon as possible this piece of information seep in his head.

But the question is, would I had still declined his offer if I didn't had any prior commitments? Or would I had accepted it, for sake of my lingering feelings for him.

But what I did, was best for both of us. I just have to cross a year and resign quietly from here.

He didn't came out of his cabin for rest of the day. Even when I went on his door to get his schedule sorted, he didn't answered my knocks.

When time arrived, I rearranged my belongings and put all the files in order. Amidst of all this, I received a call from Richard, who was already standing out of the building.

Sitting in his car, I drove off to his mansion, where we had dinner with his parents. They were very precise to know about who is my friend, where she lives and all minor details that have got nothing to do with their life. But anyways, humans curiosity.

When they were playing rapid fire game with me, Richard came forward to save me. And somehow we came out of the situation and we bid our goodbyes to them.

"Stay for the night."

He advised me, when I was packing up my belongings.

"No thanks, I would like to return."

I again got back with my item collection mission.

"It's late at night."

He spoke again, suggesting me the same.

"This area is far from my workplace. It will be inconvenient for me to go from here."

I again denied his offer.

"I will drop you early in the morning. You know where your room was."

Saying so, he walked up stairs to his room and to preserve myself with all the hustle, I too walked in my old room.

When morning arrived, Richard dropped me near my office after we shared breakfast in silence. Doing my regular morning work in office, I entered the break room, to prepare myself a cup of concentrated coffee. That's when door of the room banged open. And I found myself facing Theodore in dishevelled condition. His eyes were red that seemed as if he was not able to get a wink of sleep for the night, his tie was hanging loosely around his unbuttoned collar exposing his perfect chest, his shirt from last day sleeves folded through which veins popped out and his dark black hairs hovering over his forehead and intoxicated eyes. His looks caused my heart to skip a beat. His this conditions were screaming to me that its not good for me.

I took steps back, afraid that he might do something again with me. Looking at me, he smirked cunningly.

"Don't worry, I am here just to have a cup of coffee."

Providing him with space, I left the counter.

"You are wearing last day's blouse and skirt. Were you out for the whole night?"

He spoke stirring his coffee, without looking at me. I straightened myself before answering him.

"Same goes with you."

He smirked. Listening to me.

"Don't tell me you are jealous?"

"Well, you are the one who pointed it out."

Leaving the spoon, he looked at me, with fire volcanoes erupting in his black marbles. Walking near me, he kept both his hands on either side of me, bending himself to my level in the process.

"I thought you moved out of that bustard's place."

Surprise passed through my eyes. How does he knows that? Don't tell me he have been stalking me even before I joined here?

"Don't be surprised darling."

He removed the strand of lone hair on my face.

"I know a lot more about your current life."

"I.."

I was lost for words. My brain went numb. What is this man?

"I know last night you were with him, in his mansion."

Again the same game. Blaming, doubting, calling me a gold digger. Mist found its way from my lacrimal gland to my eyes. Sniffing I spoke.

"He is my fiancé, I can go and stay for night whenever I wish to."

Nodding his head, he removed his hands from my sides. I let out a sigh of relief when he let some space in between us.

"You are his fiancée or slut, I seriously don't give a fuck."

Tears I have been holding, streamed down my face. Does he have to insult me this badly. I know I did wrong, but whatever I did was for his own good. I wiped them and was about to walk out of the room when he held my hand from behind and tugged me close to himself.

"Remember one thing Winter."

His hot breath fell on my face and I closed me eyes.

"The day you see hell is near. Brace yourself."

Leaving me with a jerk, he left the room, withdrawing away from the steaming cup of coffee to turn cold like his heart.

I don't know, what will be even worse than this.

Hey my lovely readers,

I wish you all to be fine and healthy.

I hope you all liked the update. Please do show your support, do like the book, leave your comments, share with your friends. I am sorry if I made any mistake, that's not intentional.

Thank you,

Your author,,

~Galen_Yana...♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 68.1K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : ••••••••• she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...
204K 14.1K 83
"Get out," I said in a firm voice, but it shook a bit at the end. The muscles in his jaw tensed when I said that. Instead of getting out, he closed t...
216K 5K 68
I could hear the heavy pounds of my heart in my ear as I glared at the self absorbed asshole of the century. Luca Viteillo. "Why. did. you. kill. him...
593K 17.9K 59
It's the story of two people trapped in a relationship which they can't survive and they can't escape either. Life has played a game with them The r...