The Bodyguard | LGBT x CEO (E...

By CameoLover93

Playboy billionaire Aiden Grayson is being blackmailed and when he meets his handsome new bodyguard, Julian... More

01. Watch Your Back, Grayson
02. Father Knows Best
03. Semi-Attractive
05. An Idea
06. Hug
07. Different Tastes
08. Who Are You?
09. Gay and Happy
10. What You Really Really Want
11. Dark Places
12. In The Bathroom
13. Thank You
14. Have Patience
15. Dirty Little Secret
16. Rain Check
17. Alternatives; Part 1
17. Alternatives; Part 2 (Mature)
18. Petty
19. Same Page
20. Cut You Off (Mature)
21. Surprise
22. Mama's Boy
23. Disgruntled Employee
24. Out In Public
25. Talk Of The Town
26. Hotline Bling
27. Let Me Go
28. Man Down
29. Snapped
30. Undeserving
31. Beg For It
32. Check In
33. Mr. Nice Guy
34. Mind, Body, and Soul (Mature)

04. Defiant

226K 8.9K 1.5K
By CameoLover93

04. DEFIANT

It had taken Aiden a few minutes to get his shit together after that incredibly awkward first encounter with his new bodyguard, Julian McAndrew.

After he got dressed, Aiden decided to take a shot of whiskey from his bar to hopefully help calm the nerves that Julian had unintentionally rattled, and then he offered to take the man on a tour of his mansion.

"You must get very lonely living in this enormous house all by yourself. I know I would," Julian said as he and Aiden went into the backyard. It was equipped with tons of space and a barely used pool. "I must admit that I do like this neighborhood, though. The only downside is how quiet it is around here. I grew up in the city; I'm used to there always being noise around me."

Aiden couldn't tell, probably because he wasn't paying enough attention and was a little buzzed, but Julian had been watching him like a hawk ever since he arrived.

Julian was an incredibly observant man, and he had come to learn many things about his new boss.

1.) Aiden might be an alcoholic. Julian has yet to see Aiden drink anything other than hard liquor. He can't imagine how fucked up Aiden's poor liver is.

2.) Aiden was extremely sensitive, making him easy to rile up. Whenever Julian compliments something about the house, stares at Aiden longer than what he should, or even when he flashes the drunkard a smile, Aiden flushes. Julian finds it to be annoyingly cute.

3.) Aiden isn't much of a talker. Of all the rich people that Julian has had the pleasure of working for, they all had one thing in common – they loved to talk about themselves. They loved to brag about their riches, their ten mansions, fifty cars, etc. It'd always been a pain for Julian to listen to. Lucky for him, Aiden isn't like that, surprisingly.

"What about you?" Julian asked. "Have you always lived around here?"

"No. I also grew up in the city." Aiden shook his head. "But I moved out here specifically to get away from all that noise. I like my solitude, the quiet... well, I used to like it all until you got here and invaded my personal space, no offense."

"None taken." Julian chuckled.

"Listen, I don't mean to be such a dick, okay? I know it's not your fault that you have to move in with me and practically babysit me like I'm some helpless child," Aiden started. "Please don't feel like you have to actually treat me as such. I'd rather you not."

Julian nodded. "Of course. Whatever you want."

"Honestly, Thomas is the one to blame for all of this." Aiden sighed, mentally cursing his father. "If ever you feel like I'm being a smartass or whatever, know that my anger isn't directed towards you but him."

Oh boy. Somebody has daddy issues. "Okay," Julian replied. "Noted."

"Okay then." Aiden turned to go back inside the house. "Let's head upstairs so that you can pick out which bedroom you want to stay in."

Julian took one last look around the bottom floor before following behind Aiden up the stairs.

"So... this might be a weird question, but I just have to ask. Do you have a housekeeper?"

Julian was thoroughly impressed at how neat the mansion was. It hadn't been what he had expected to see when he found out that he'd be staying here with Aiden – playboy and party boy extraordinaire. Julian thought he'd walk into a hot funky mess. He pictured that the place would be littered with trash, empty liquor bottles, pizza boxes, and half-naked women that had stayed long past their welcome.

Julian assumed that Aiden must have a handful of housemaids that help tidy up after him. He just couldn't imagine the young CEO walking around with a feather duster in his hand let alone imagine Aiden down on his knees scrubbing the floors.

"No, I don't have a housekeeper. Why do you ask?" Aiden replied, his tone a curious one.

"Ah. No reason."

"You wouldn't have asked if there weren't a reason," Aiden said. "If you've got something to say or to ask me, just do it. I'm an open book. I have nothing to hide."

I highly doubt that. Julian wanted to roll his eyes but didn't.

"Well, I guess... with you being who you are, I just wasn't expecting for your home to be so pristine. I mean, I know that you're a man who likes to have his fun and things like that, so..."

"What? You thought you'd be walking into a filthy pigsty?" Aiden couldn't help but laugh. "I'm a lot of things, Julian. A lot of things. But dirty isn't one of them."

Julian was relieved that Aiden didn't take offense. "Good to know."

"Tell me something. How did Thomas come about hiring you?" Aiden asked. "I know you know of my reputation. Damn near everyone does. Not many would have taken on the job of being my personal bodyguard. I bet he's paying you a pretty penny for doing all of this, isn't he?"

"He is, yes." They reach the top of the stairs and then turn to go down a long corridor. "I've never worked for your father before, so I don't know how he found me or why he chose me for this job," Julian said. "I'm afraid you'll have to ask him for those answers."

After Kyle filled Thomas in on Aiden's blackmailer problem, through the old man's powerful connections is how Thomas managed to get Julian's contact information.

When Thomas first called Julian and asked for his help in dealing with his troubled son, Julian almost turned the man down. He knew exactly who Aiden Grayson was – a spoiled and irritable little troublemaker that he wanted absolutely nothing to do with.

There were just some people that Julian couldn't imagine himself being in the same proximity with and Aiden Grayson had been one of those people.

When Thomas further expressed how he wanted Julian to not only watch over Aiden twenty-four-seven but also move in with him for extra protection while he's at home, Julian was seconds away from hanging up on the man. But then, Thomas started throwing out numbers regarding payment. Big numbers. And because money talks, in this particular situation, Julian McAndrew was happy to talk back.

"Down there is the bar." Aiden pointed to the room with no door that was at the end of the long hallway. "If ever you can't find me around here, I'm most likely in there."

As depressing as that statement had sounded, Aiden didn't let it affect him in front of his company. He knew that he had a problem with drinking, and he knew that his constant intake of alcohol was starting to get out of control as of late. Part of him wanted to change, sure. But, at the same time, drinking was how Aiden coped with things that he simply couldn't handle. He wasn't the type to talk out his issues; he was the type that tried to drink them away.

Aiden would rather feel numb than feel pain; whether it be physical, mental, or emotional pain, it didn't matter. He'd rather not be bothered with any of it. So, he drinks. He drinks until he can't remember why he needed to drink in the first place.

"The rest of the rooms up here are bedrooms, minus that last room on the left. That's where all my workout equipment is that I never use." Aiden pauses for a moment to look over at Julian, his green eyes immediately zeroing in on the other man's large biceps. "Seems like you, uh... like to work out a lot. If you want to try putting any of that shit together to use it one day, be my guest."

Julian feels Aiden staring but he keeps his eyes forward, smirking a little. "Sounds good. Thanks."

"So, which room do you want?" Aiden asked, needing to get back on track. "They're all basically the same inside, all king-sized beds."

Julian moved to stand beside the door of the room that was directly opposite of Aiden's bedroom. "I want this one."

He had no particular reason for picking that room. Well, maybe he wanted to ruffle Aiden's feathers a little bit just for fun. Aiden was just so easy to tease; Julian couldn't help himself.

"It won't be a problem for you, will it?" Julian asked.

"Not at all." Aiden lied, his smile a forced one.

He felt like Julian was taking this 'stay by his side at all times' thing a little too damn far. Aiden was trying to keep himself in check with the frustratingly kind man, but if Julian kept pushing his buttons like this, he'd have to show Julian his ugly side. And he really, really didn't want to go there with him. Not on their first day of living together.

"I didn't see you bring that many bags inside." Aiden quickly changed the subject. "Where are the rest of your things?"

"Still at my house. I'll need to retrieve them later if that's fine with you, Mr. Grayson. Your father wanted me to come over here asap, so I didn't have much time to gather up everything that I needed."

"I don't plan on going anywhere right now. You can go out and do whatever you want," Aiden said. "And can you cut out the Mr. Grayson shit? I'm not Thomas. Just call me Aiden. You're probably going to be here for a while, so it's only right that we get comfortable with one another."

"I'm sorry if it's an annoyance for you, but I'm not okay with doing the whole first name basis thing with someone that I'm working for. It's not appropriate," Julian replied, respectively. "Sorry."

Aiden glared at him, not at all content with that response.

"Then what the hell are you okay with, Julian? Or shall I start calling you McAndrew from now on?"

The fact that Aiden even had to ask that question had displeased him. He wanted compliance – and space – from Julian, not much else. But instead of that, Aiden got defiance. And it irks him, immensely. He's always been used to getting his way with people, used to them not talking back after he's dished out a request. The fact that Julian is pushing back instead of sitting down and doing what he's told leaves Aiden feeling perplexed, and... almost like he's losing control.  

"You may call me whatever you want. I have no preference." Julian stood his ground and looked completely unbothered by the penetrating scowl on Aiden's face. "Am I free to get situated in my room now? Will that be all, Mr. Grayson?"

"Oh, for fuck's sake. At least drop the Mister and just call me Grayson," Aiden muttered before turning around. "And yes, that'll be all." He then went into his bedroom and slammed the door.

Such a baby. Julian chuckled.

. . . .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.8M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...
152K 4.8K 15
IM DEEPLY SORRY BUT I JUST REALLY WANT THE TBOAH TIMELINE TO SEE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THEIRS AND TCF AND I WANT THEM JEALOUS AND HURT AND ENVIOUS...
Queen's Play By uncouthwriter

Historical Fiction

26.5K 1.9K 36
It's not child's play It's Queen's play Started: Sep 12, 2021
13.6K 704 7
[SEQUEL TO BAARISHEIN] Years have passed since Meerab and Murtasim's fateful encounter in the rain, with both harboring repressed emotions for each o...