Fairy Tail Training Camp

By haaazel10

Completed. When the Master of Fairy Tail announces a training camp to help improve the abilities of the wizar... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: Exciting Announcment
Chapter 2: Bus Ride
Chapter 3: Destination
Chapter 4: Surprises
Chapter 5: Perfect Sunset
Chapter 6: I'm Here For You
Chapter 7: Not Pleased
Chapter 8: Confused
Chapter 9: Moonlight Walk
Chapter 11: Partners
Chapter 12: Gift
Chapter 13: Paradise Resort
Chapter 14: Erza's Wrath
Chapter 15: Ballroom Dance
Chapter 16: Love Rivals
Chapter 17: Dates & Spies
Chapter 18: Something Precious
Chapter 19: Beach Troubles
Chapter 20: Picking Teams
Chapter 21: Painful Soccer
Chapter 22: A Delicious Treat
Chapter 23: Girls Night Out
Chapter 24: Memories
Chapter 25: Natsu Gets Destroyed
Chapter 26: Preparations
Chapter 27: Kinect Sports
Chapter 28: Truth or Dare
Chapter 29: Morning Plans
Chapter 30: The Perfect Moment
Chapter 31: Jellal's Confessions
Chapter 32: Change of Plans
Chapter 33: Night Swimming
Chapter 34: Ice Skating
Chapter 35: The Fight
Chapter 36: Lighten Up
Chapter 37: Waterfall Confessions
Chapter 38: Party Planning
Chapter 39: Heartbroken
Chapter 40: Lucy's Birthday
Chapter 41: Conquering Fears
Chapter 42: Finally!
Chapter 43: Worth It
Chapter 44: Complicated
Chapter 45: The Master Plan
Chapter 46: The Interview
Chapter 47: Beautiful
Chapter 48: Make Ups & Stuffed Animals
Chapter 49: Let The Prank War Begin
Extra Chapter: Halloween Special
Chapter 50: Revenge Is Sweet
Chapter 51: We're Done
Chapter 52: Always
Chapter 53: Together
Chapter 54: The Last Day
Chapter 55: Home
Wrapping Up
Epilogue
Undying Love - FTTC Sequel

Chapter 10: A Challenge

10.9K 306 176
By haaazel10

Hey everyone!

So I'd just like to point out something before the story continues. Minna sounds like mini, which reminds me of Levy.

And now I sound like Gajeel.

Great way to start the story!

Also, WattPad had been giving me some problems, but I think I got them fixed, so it should be good now.

Now then, let's get on with this chapter!

~Haazzel10
---------------------------------------------------

~Gray's POV~

We were all sitting around the dining table, eating breakfast, when Mira walked in.

"Hello Everyone," Mira said. She had a gloomy aura around her. Creepy.

It looked like she was let down by something. Knowing her, it probably had to do with Natsu and Lucy's "outing" last night.

Erza looked at Mira and then stood up. "Where were you Mira?" She asked, sternly.

"I was at our room," Mira said, confused.

She then looked around and explained,"I got up early to check up on Natsu and Lucy. They were both in their rooms. I should seriously stick around for their next outing or they'll never get anywhere!"

Erza, who looked quite relieved, sat down and continued her breakfast.
---------------------------------------------------

Somewhere in the middle of it all, Lucy walked into our room. She looked confused, as no one had told her about movie night, so we had to explain what had happened.

A few minutes later, Flame freak joined us. He and Lucy were acting completely normal. Oddly enough, that was what seemed to annoy Mira the most.

"Soo, tell us about your date Lu-chan," Levy smirked.

"I would like to know about it too," added Erza.

"First off it wasn't a date. It was what you would call forced outing." Lucy shot Mira an annoyed look. She then paused and smiled. "But.. it was fun."

"You looooooveeeeee him!" Mira and Happy sang.

Mira had recovered quickly from her gloomy aura. They looked like they were having the time of their lives.

"I DO NOT!" Lucy yelled.

Although she said that, her face was bright red.

Everyone then looked to Natsu for his experience of last night.

Natsu scratched the back of his neck. "I had a lot of fun with Lucy."

Happy circled around Natsu's head, while Mira stood next to Lucy. The two of them pushed Natsu and Lucy closer together.

"He loooooovvveeessss you." They sang.

"I DO NOT!" Natsu was flaming red. It looked like he was about to blow up the hotel, so I punched him with ice, to cool him down a bit.

"What was that for bastard?!" Natsu screamed at me.

"You were going to blow up the place pyro," I explained.

"What did you say, Ice freak?"

"I said..."

"I know what you said!"

"Then why'd you ask, Flame Brain?"

Natsu punched me with a fist full of fire, but I wasn't going down that easily.

Unfortunately, before I could hit Natsu back, Erza came and punched us both in the head. Pain seared throughout my body. I felt dizzy.

I heard a faint voice say, "Don't fight during breakfast!" before becoming unconscious.
----------------------------------------------------

I woke up in my room. I felt something on my hand. When I looked down, I saw Juvia sitting there, here hand placed on mine. She looked worried. Had she stayed here the whole time I was unconscious?

"Are you alright, Gray-sama?" Juvia asked me.

I smiled. "I'm fine Juvia. I'm used to getting punched by Erza, but it seems she put extra power into her punch this time around. Anyways, thanks for staying with me."

Juvia smiled and then laughed. "I'm so glad you're okay!"

She wiped a tear from her eye.

I stared at her. Was she crying?

"W-What? Has Juvia done something wrong?"

"N-No. Anyways, where is everyone?" I asked.

"They're down by the beach training. If you're ready, we can go," Juvia explained.

"Yeah, let's go."

When we got to the beach, I saw that Erza was already giving instructions to our group. Everyone was there besides Juvia and I. We quickly ran up just in time to hear the instructions for today.

"So. We will be partnering up, and training. Today, you are free to do whatever training you choose to do. But be aware, that tomorrow, there may be a few surprises, so train hard and well," Erza explained.

Just then Mira ran up, gave Erza a piece of paper, whispered something in her ear, and then ran back to her group.

Erza read the paper, then looked up with hints of pink on her cheeks.

"Erm... It seems that the partners have already been chosen. Some will be groups of two, while others will be groups of three."

Erza looked around at us, and then started reading off of the paper. "Wendy, Romeo, and Carla will partners. Natsu, Lucy and Happy. Gray and Juvia. Gajeel, Levy, and PantherLily. Erza and Jellal.... WAIT WHAT!"

She seemed very surprised.

She looked at the bottom of the paper, and then continued, "Apparently, trainers will also be pairing up with either one of their group members or another trainer."

Erza looked dizzy. She twiddled her thumbs and got a sudden interest in her shoes.

When Erza finally re-grouped herself, she said, "Alright, everyone get with your partners and start training! If I see anyone slacking off, it won't be good for your health."

For some reason, she stared at the pyro and then at me. Scary.

No, more importantly, I was with Juvia? Alone? I was actually a little scared to be alone with her, because she tended to be a little.. well clingy.
----------------------------------------------------

It had been about ten minutes since we had started training, and Juvia had been focusing quite well. I was surprised and impressed.

As we were training, I heard a familiar voice behind me say, "Long time no see, Gray."

I knew that voice. I turned around to see... "Lyon! What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well you see, I wanted to get some training in as well. And what better place than the beach? I also found out that you, along with my beloved Juvia, would be here. I thought, what could be more perfect? So I came along here," Lyon explained, smirking.

When he saw Juvia, it's like he became a whole different person. "Juvia, my dear, how are you doing?"

"Juvia is doing fine. How is Lyon?" Juvia asked.

What?! She wasn't annoyed by him? She was talking normally... And she wasn't surprised to see him at all...

"Perfect," Lyon replied. He then looked at me, and then looked back at Juvia. "Sorry to interrupt your training, but mind if I join? After all, I am more powerful than Gray."

"You aren't more powerful than me!" I was pissed. First he came and interrupted our practice, and then he claimed such a lie!

"Oh, but I am. I have been training non-stop to best you Gray," Lyon explained.

"We'll see about that. Let's go! You and me. Let's see who's stronger," I challenged.

"Alright, but don't blame me when you look like a fool in front of Juvia," Lyon sneered.

Before we could begin, Juvia stepped in between us.

"Hold on! You two can't just fight here. If Erza saw you, you'd be beaten very harshly," she said. A concerned look was plastered to her face.

I could just imagine Erza finding out about our fight and how we ruined the beach... And the training... Yep, we would die.

"Juvia is right. We can't fight here. Guess we'll just have to wait," I said.

As much as I wanted to beat that jerk to a pulp, I really wanted to live through today, so I stepped down.

"If Juvia says so, then she must be correct. We'll fight some other time. See you around Gray."

Lyon turned around, and started walking away. Seriously? One minute he wants to fight and the next he's calmly leaving? I couldn't just let him walk away like that. I ran after him, and saw that Juvia also ran behind me.

"Wait!" I yelled.

"What?" He asked, turning around.

"Aren't you sticking around to train with us? We gotta plan our fight, remember?" I said.

"We'll fight some other day, Gray. When you guys are back at the guild. And as for training, well..."

He looked and Juvia and smiled. "You have a pretty good partner to train with already."

I saw Juvia blush. Did she like him? No, any girl would blush at a comment like that... Right?

He turned back to me. "When we do fight, remember that I will win. After all, I am Ur's student."

Lyon put his hand in a fist and signaled me to do a fist-bump. I raised my fist, and clashed it into his. "I'll see you around Gray. Hopefully you as well, Juvia."

With that Lyon turned once more, and walked away.

Although I really hoped I wouldn't see him for the rest of our trip, I had a feeling that we would meet again during our time here.

I turned to Juvia. "Shall we continue with training?" I asked.

She nodded, and we ran back to continue where we had left off, in preparation for the big event tomorrow.
-----------------------------------------------------

~Lucy's POV~

"C'mon Natsu, hurry up!" I said, agitated.

"I'm coming!" He rubbed the back of his head. "Erza really punched us hard this time," he muttered.

I frowned. Happy was flying at Natsu's pace, which was taking forever.

"Jeez... Why do I have to be paired up with you two for this as well?" I complained.

Natsu looked up and poured. "What, you don't like being partners with me?"

What was he six?

"I-it's not that... I just wanted a change in partners, since we go on all of our jobs together, and well it's nice to have variety once in a while," I explained.

"Oh. Then it's fine! Anyways, we better get training!" Natsu exclaimed.

Well he recovered quickly.

"Yeah!" I yelled back.

I said I wanted a change, but honestly, I was fine being partners with Natsu, because it was always fun and something new with him. That's what made him interesting to be around.
--------------------------------------------------

AND SCENE!

Lyon made an appearance! Woo!

I'm trying to get the first portion of the story done, so we can get on to the real fun. Hehehe.....

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed that chapter! It was more of the type of chapter to introduce new elements to the story, so I don't know how interesting it was, but it was an important chapter for sure.

Please comment and vote!

~Haazzel10

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.3K 2.6K 18
Lucy's breath hitched. "You saved mine, so I'll have to save yours. That's just how it works. So, naturally, I can't leave until that happens. I'm be...
40.3K 1.5K 43
Fairy Tail has been hitting a lot of bumps in the road through out the year, and things seem to be finally calming down. Until Natsu, Lucy, Gray, Juv...
3K 148 36
Gruvia, NaLu, GaLe, Miraxus, Elfgreen, Jerza, Rowen, Ships for life!!! What's happens when Fairy Tail gets modern technology? Crazy..... Warning: som...
19.8K 288 35
Random fairy tail fanfic A Nalu, Rowen, Gale, Jerza and Gruvia fic. Mira's out of hand shipping, Natsu being dense, fights commencing and classic fai...