Crimson Vendetta

De anonymoususer323

Vivian Hale, a 22-year-old college student lives her life peacefully with her brother Ethan and a stable job... Mai multe

CHARACTERS
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37

CHAPTER 9

24 3 0
De anonymoususer323

VIVIAN'S POV

I took a step back. What am I doing so wrong? It's not turning out the way I want. Ahh... FUCK! I dipped my paintbrush in colour and tried to start again. But that didn't work out.

To take some fresh air I went out on the balcony. It was snowing. I guess It just started cause there was no snow on the road. Suddenly a bike swoosh past my building. My eyes followed the bike. The road was too slippery for someone to ride a two-wheeler on it.

The person riding the bike slipped and their bike hit the tree. I should help them that was my first thought. I put on my boots and ran outside. I spotted that person and carefully rushed towards them.

Upon closer look, I realised that he was a guy. I helped him remove his helmet and he groaned. "Ace?!" I exclaimed. "Viv.." He drawled looking at me.

I helped him stand up. He had a long scratch on his arm. He had a small cut on his forehead. "You are extremely stupid," I said guiding him towards my house with his arm around my shoulder.

"It just started snowing. I was about to stop but I lost control." He defended himself. I opened the front gate.

"Don't bleed on my floor," I said and turned on the lights. I told him to sit on the sofa while I brought the first aid kit from my bedroom.

I examined his wounds. "Yeah, that's not good."

"Viv. I don't need your help. It's not that bad. I will just stitch up when I get home." He said with a slightly angry voice. He suddenly stood up and as expected fell back on the sofa again.

"No. No continue. Just a few more steps. You got this." I said sarcastically. "You know maybe if you were nice people would like hanging out with you." He huffed.

"Oh, darling. I'm nice. But to only a few selected people. And fortunately, you are not one of them." I said with a smile.

"You are unbearable. Other people were right." He said.

"By other people, you mean Maddy." I clarified. He didn't respond. "So what are you doing awake at 2 in the morning?"

"I can ask you the same thing," I said glancing at him. "I was painting. I couldn't sleep." I added after a few seconds.

"Same. Could not sleep." He mumbled. "Why are you doing that? Helping me?"

"Helping you doesn't mean I like you. It's just that it will be a minor inconvenience if you die..... I mean who would kill my father again." I said raising my eyebrows.

"I wasn't dying." He pointed out. "Well, not today." I sighed hinting at disappointment. "You are scary sometimes." He said flinching as I touched his wound.

"I better be. How else am I supposed to survive." I said proudly. "No go have a shower." I insisted. "I will dress up your wound after that."

"You have fresh clothes? for me." He clarified so I don't make any snarky comments.

"I might have old clothes from my dad. " I replied. He just tilted his head to the side and went for a shower. I went through the old stuff of my dad. And found a shirt and a pair of Jeans. This might fit him.

I folded the clothes and placed it on my bed. I tidied up my room by picking up my canvas and paintbrush. After a few seconds, Ace came out with a towel hanging very low on his waist.

I couldn't help but stare. I hate this guy with all my heart but I can't deny the fact that I'm attracted to him.

"Like what you see." He commented. "You wish," I said and rolled my eyes. "You made this?" He asked coming behind me and pointing out to a portrait I made in my third year.

"Yeah. It was a live painting so It didn't turn out so great." I mumbled packing my paintbrush. "Are you kidding me? This is so amazing. I mean if you sell this you can earn a lot of money." He implied.

"Who would buy this? It's so dull."

"I would." He said and went into the bathroom to change his clothes. I examined my painting. Who would want a random girl hanging in their house? I just shook off that thought in my mind.

"So now is a good time to talk?" Ace asked coming out of the bathroom fully dressed.

I just sighed and said, "Sure let's go out and talk." He made his way to my living room and I followed him. "Coffee, Beer?" I asked. "Coffee." He answered and I went into the kitchen.

"You need help?" He asked coming behind me. He sat on one of the kitchen stools as I started making his coffee and my hot chocolate. "You know your father is after you. That's why he came to this town." He said watching me.

"I know. When I was small, He always told me how he would build an empire and I would be beside him, help him, kill for him. I didn't take it seriously until he showed up here alive." I said unfazed.

"I also saw him today when I was leaving the cafe. He also sent his men to my college. See that's why I want you to kill him." I mumbled.

"He sent his men to your college. Maybe you should consider keeping some bodyguards." He said as I handed him his coffee.

"Nah I'm fine. I have a gun." I said sipping on my hot chocolate. "How are you not arrested yet?" He exclaimed and I let out a small laugh. "I have my way," I said.

"So tell me something about your father no one knows. Something I can use against him." He said and I thought for a second.

"There was this time. Approx one year after my mom died. He returned to town. He told me about his affair in...ahh... Oregon. I think. He said he had a family there. Son around your age and a wife. He wanted me to meet them. I said no then after that the last I heard about him was in a letter stating he died in a car accident. Before leaving he told me that we both would rule Syrena together. Once again I didn't believe him but now I'm not so sure."

"What about Ethan? Does he want him?" He asked.

"I don't know. I haven't interacted with him yet. I know he is going to give me an ultimatum. He won't let me off that easy." I mumbled as we both went to the living room.

I covered my legs with a huge blanket and so did he as we were sitting side by side. I glanced at him. "Are you scared?" He asked meeting my eyes.

"A little." I closed my eyes for a second. I was feeling sleepy now. "Did he threaten you and your family? That's why you are inquiring about him right?" I continued.

"Yeah. In a way. The new Mafia in town is bad for business." He said. We talked about my father a bit then I told him I was tired. I went inside my bedroom and offered him to stay at night. Which he accepted much to my dismay.

As soon as I hit the bed sleep took over me. Tomorrow will be the day I will quit my job and focus on my art.
.
.
.
.
.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

2.3K 49 23
Tears pricked my eyes as I tasted bile on my tongue. I could feel my wetness seeping through my panties but would not give him the satisfaction of kn...
42.6K 1K 25
She has returned, changed.. She was an innocent 15-year-old girl who had been through too much to list. Silently, she fights her own battles and trie...
688K 23.7K 26
BOOK 1 IN THE 'I MARRIED..' series Kai Jacobson, the youngest son of CIA agent Landon Jacobson and former model Monica Martin. He ran from home at th...
Estella [ On Hold ] De AVI

Ficțiune generală

71.8K 1.8K 29
15 year old Estella never expected her to flip upside down in a span of few weeks . The unexpected death of her foster parents Getting a positive p...