Tracking The Bounty{HunterxOC}

By xoautumnbratxo

Aurora Ealis is a Bounty Hunter who thinks that it's best to be alone in life. With no one to care for, loss... More

Author's Note #1
Rescued By The Batch
Taken
Gone Again
Rampage
Decommissioned
Just A Bounty Hunter
Battle Scars
Reunion
The Bounty Hunters
Feelings On Felucia
Common Ground
Devil's Deal
I Don't Trust You
Blind Betrayal
Infested
The Poison Chosen Especially For Aurora
The Tension is Strong With These Two
It's Not A Date
War-Mantle
Return To Kamino
Kamino Lost
Death Of A Princess
Spoils Of War
Ruins Of War
A Risqué Mission
Shooting Stars
A Bounty On The Bounty Hunter
Kidnapping A Queen
Faster
Entombed
Haunted By The Past
Tribe
Boyfriends and interrogations
Truth and Consequences
Just A Dance
Retrieval
Red Bandana's
Metamorphosis
Making Amends
We Shouldn't Feel This Way
Gone With The Wind
A Thing Of The Past
What Happens Now?
Pabu
First Day To The Rest Of Our Lives
Tipping Point
A Day To Remember
The Summit
Plan 99
The Aftermath
Rotation 96
Paths Unknown Pt. 1
Paths Unknown Pt. 2
A Different Approach
The Return
The Calm
Infiltration
Extraction
Bad Territory
The Harbinger

The Crossing

275 8 17
By xoautumnbratxo

Hunter shifted in the bed. He heard soft laughter and slowly opened his eyes. He saw he was alone in the bed and sat up, rubbing his eyes. He heard laughter again. He got out of the bed and made his way to the door. Before he opened it though he paused and leaned against the door. Riyo and Aurora were on the other side.

"Riyo! You are currently sleeping with a commander?" He heard Aurora gasp. "You have to tell me his name!"

"Oh I don't know." Riyo said. "We are kind of keeping this a secret."

"I promise I won't say anything." Aurora begged. "Just tell me his first name at least."

Riyo was silent for a moment. "Okay, his name is Fox."

The Commander Fox? Hunter thought. She's with that stick in the mud? How?

"Ohh, Commander Fox. I like it." Hunter knew Aurora was smiling from ear to ear.

"Okay your turn." Riyo giggled. "So I came back last night and saw Hunter wasn't sleeping out here. So... You two?"

"Oh no, no, no." Aurora quickly said. "Not like that at all. We're just friends."

He heard Riyo laughed. "Aurora, friends don't look at each other the way you two do."

"I-" Aurora paused. "I couldn't sleep last night, so Hunter stayed with me last night is all."

"That's all? I'm not convinced."

"I'm serious. We talked and then we slept." Aurora paused again. "I don't know what it is about him, but when I'm with him or even just near him. I just feel safe. He makes me feel safe."

Riyo muffled a squeal. "You are so into him!"

Hunter leaned back. Aurora's into me? She's actually into me? He couldn't help but smile a little.

"SHH!" Aurora quickly said. "There was a night, long ago where he held me in his arms and it was the safest I had felt in a long time. Since then it's just been, well I don't even know."

"So why don't you go for it? It so easy to see that Hunter is into you just by the way he looks at you."

"I don't think so, I'm not ready for another relationship." Aurora sighed. "I don't know if I will ever be ready for another one."

"Because of your ex?"

"How do you know about that?"

"Bail told me a little bit about what happened and how you had faked your death, but he didn't go into too much details. I'm guessing you won't tell me his name?"

"No I won't. It's safer this way, trust me."

"I'm not scared of some man, Aurora."

"You should be. I'm scared."

Hunter thought he eaves-dropped long enough and backed up from the door. He let out a fake cough and walked back to the door. He opened it, stretching and saw Riyo leaning against the island while Aurora sat at a bar stool. The two of them had mugs in their hands.

"Hunter, good morning." Aurora smiled.

"Good morning, Hunter." Riyo said. "I made tea, have some." She poured him a cup, handing it to him.

He took the mug, taking a sip. It was hot and sweet. "Thank you." Riyo nodded.

"Tech, Wrecker, and Omega are on their way." Aurora said. "Cid has another job for us apparently."

"Lovely." Hunter mumbled into his mug.

"Riyo, thank you so much for everything. I had fun and I'm sure Hunter did as well, but we should be getting ready." Aurora said as she stood up.

"Of course. Please visit, anytime." Riyo nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aurora and Hunter stood outside of Riyo's apartment.

"Thank you again, Riyo." Aurora hugged the other girl.

"Of course! Stay in touch." Riyo smiled and the two of them walked away from Riyo's apartment.

Aurora smiled. "What is it?" Hunter raised an eyebrow.

"I think if I was ever interested in dating again, I definitely would go for Riyo." She said.

"Riyo?" Hunter tilted his head. "But she's a woman?"

"And?" Aurora laughed. "I have dated women before as well as men. She's very cute, I like that."

"What?" Hunter felt even more confused.

"I like woman as well as men, Hunter. It's not that hard to understand." Aurora shrugged before looking at him. "Don't get any ideas." She winked, walking ahead of him.

Hunter smiled again. "Huh." He quickly caught up to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tech was flying the Marauder around a desert planet. Tech got Hunter and Aurora up to speed once he picked them up. Omega was moping around since Echo had left them.

Once the ship landed. Hunter was the first to leave, Tech followed typing away on his data pad, Wrecker carrying the case that is to carry the highly explosive ipsium, Aurora stepped out next and shielded her face from the sun, and Omega had the tools to extract said ipsium. When she left she also used her hands to shield the sand blowing in her face. A storm was brewing.

Aurora turned around and saw Omega lagging behind. "Keep up Omega, don't want to get left behind." Omega walked up to her but didn't say anything. "Hey what's wrong?" She still didn't respond and moved past her. Aurora raised an eyebrow and followed her.

The group rounded the corner and they all saw a closed up mine. "According to Cid's coordinates, this is the mine she purchased." Tech stated, not looking up from his data pad as he walked up the steps.

"And we're supposed to do what?" Omega asked. Aurora folded her arms, noticing the attitude in her tone.

"Excavate the site for ipsium. It is tremendously valuable when refined." Tech added. "However in its raw state the mineral is highly combustible, like a primed thermal detonator." Tech brushed the dust off the keypad, and inserted the key card they acquired from Cid.

"Sounds dangerous." Wrecker laughed. "I like it."

"Of course you do." Aurora also laughed.

The door beeped and worked on opening. Hunter turned around to overlook the planet and in the distance thunder could be heard rolling in. He knelt on the ground and picked up some dirt. Tech walked up to him. "Problem?" Tech asked him.

Hunter stood up. "The storms moving away from us. We should be fine. Tech we'll mine the ipsium. Aurora, Wrecker, Omega you're on lookout."

"All of us?" Wrecker questioned.

"Without Echo, we are a man down." Tech said.

"Fine by me." Aurora said.

"We need Wrecker to assist with operations inside the mine." Tech added.

"You go. Aurora and I will be the lookout." Omega said.

"Not alone. Cid warned us about poachers in the area." Hunter said. "Keep your eyes peeled and comm us if you see anyone." Hunter picked up the case Wrecker was carrying and he and Tech made their way inside the mine.

Inside the mine Tech held his scanner up. "So you and Aurora?" Tech questioned.

"What about us?" Hunter asked as Tech typed on the scanner.

"Well, you two went to a dance. Most likely an intimate one where the two of you would have gotten close especially while dancing. Anything happen?"

Hunter hesitated. "Not really."

"You hesitation tells me otherwise." Tech stated. "Did you two share a kiss?"

"What? No! We did not. What makes you think that?"

"The fact that the two of you are being weird around each other. Avoiding one another, Aurora making sure she's not alone with you in the same room. We all notice it. It's clear that you both share some sort of feeling."

Hunter sighed. "It's not like that Tech, yes I overheard Aurora admiting an attraction towards me but she has made it very clear she is not interested in a relationship."

"So you know Aurora wants you but she doesn't want you?" Tech raised an eyebrow. "And you're just going to give up?" Tech questioned. "That makes no logical sense."

"Yes, Tech." Hunter said. "I have to respect her wishes if that how she feels."

The beeping of Tech's scanner saved Hunter from an ever further conversation. Tech turned to the scanner. "My scans are not indicating a sizable presence of ipsium. Looks like Cid was deceived into purchasing an already depleted mine."

"keep scanning. We'll extract whatever we can." They continued to walk down the halls. Tech holding up his scanner whenever he can.

Tech stopped. "Wait. I am getting a faint reading." Tech dropped his visor and looked around the tunnel for the ipsium deposit. He pointed. "There." The two of them looked up. "The ipsium is going to be difficult to reach."

"We'll need to carve out a bigger opening in the rock to get it."

"The mineral is far too unstable." Tech propped up his visor. "Even the slightest friction around it can cause a destructive chain reaction."

"Then what do you suggest?" Hunter asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Outside the mine, Omega sat on the ground. She was holding a chunk of clay in her hand. Wrecker stood behind her as she threw the rock. Aurora sat on the ground next to her.

"Hey, what's with you?" Wrecker asked.

"I was thinking about Echo." Omega said. "It's weird without him around."

"Yea but you'll get used to it." Wrecker said.

Aurora shook her head. "He'll be back, he's just on a different mission right now."

The comm link beeped and Omega picked up. "Omega, we require your assistance." Tech called out.

"On my way." Omega sighed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a little while Aurora stood up and stretched her shoulders. "Man, sitting here doing nothing really makes you stiff." She commented.

Wrecker chuckled. "You got that right."

Aurora went to go say something back but she paused. She had thought she heard a speeder in the direction of their ship. She hovered her hand over her blaster.

"What is it?" Wrecker whispered.

She didn't hear the noise anymore and removed her hand. "I thought I heard something. Perhaps just the storm."

Hunter, Tech, and Omega made their way back out of the mine. Wrecker turned to them. "That storm's changing course." He informed them.

"The weather patterns on this planet are most irregular." Tech said.

"We have what we came for. Let's get back to Ord Mantell." Hunter said and handed the case to Wrecker. The group started to walk back to the Marauder. Hunter suddenly jerked up and jumped off the platform.

Aurora looked up as well. "Guess it wasn't the storm." She followed Hunter.

"What is it Hunter?" Tech asked, but they all heard the sound of the Marauder powering up.

"That sounds like our ship!" Omega said. They took off running after Hunter. "Stop!" But the group watched the Marauder flying off above the storm coming towards them.

"That's not good." Aurora pointed the obvious out.

"You were supposed to be on lookout." Hunter whipped to Wrecker.

"There was no one there!" Wrecker said.

"Clearly that was not the case." Tech added.

"Boys, calm down. Bickering won't do us any good." Aurora said, looking at Omega.

Hunter took off his helmet. "There has to be a way to get it back right?" Omega asked Hunter. He didn't respond to her and Omega looked down. The boys all looked at the storm.

"I'm sure there is." Aurora tried to comfort the girl.

"Tell me Wrecker, how exactly did you miss our ship being compromised?" Tech asked.

"Now is not the time, Tech." Aurora scolded.

"Maybe if you hadn't docked it out of view, I would have seen someone approaching." Wrecker got defensive.

Omega looked at her two brothers, getting upset that they were fighting. "Well there was no other suitable landing zone, Wrecker." Tech said.

Hunter sighed. "We can't stay here. Where's the nearest town?"

Tech typed on his data pad. "During our approach I scanned a spaceport approximately 40 klicks south of here." He pointed. "Perhaps we can acquire transport there."

"You know how long that would take?" Wrecker asked.

"Since we do not have access to long-range communications without our ship, is it our only option." Tech said.

"Let's move." Hunter said and turned away from his brothers. The other two shortly followed, leaving the girls behind. Aurora patted Omega's shoulder before they followed the boys.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The group was walking through a canyon and Wrecker handed Omega a canteen. She took a quick drink from it before she handed it back to Wrecker who also took a drink. "Whoo. How much further?" Wrecker asked.

Tech pulled out his data pad. "You will not like the answer."

"It is disgustingly hot out here." Aurora fanned herself with her hand, she threw her hair into a high ponytail and pulled her shirt off, revealing a crop top that barely covered her chest. All the boys noticed this and tried their hardest to not stare.

"Havoc-4, this is Havoc-5. Do you copy?" Omega called into her comms, again. "Echo? Are you there?"

"He's too long-range. Echo won't pick up our signal." Hunter said.

"Especially since he disabled his communication device." Tech added.

"What? Why?" Omega asked.

"I assume he's on a sensitive mission." Tech said and Hunter held his hand up and the group stopped moving.

Hunter looked at the ground and felt it rumbling. At this point everyone felt the ground and they all turned. "What's that?" Wrecker asked.

"Run!" Hunter said, putting his helmet on. The group took off running and behind them was a stampeding herd of Ibisidon bucks and they quickly caught up with the group.

"Why do I feel like I've seen this in a screen-play before?" Aurora yelled.

Hunter pointed to a ledge. "There!" He grabbed his grappling hook and threw it up, the hook catching on it. Omega climbed first then Hunter then Tech. Wrecker threw his own hook up. Aurora climbing it, Wrecker went to climb up next but he was hit by one of the bucks.

"Wrecker!" Aurora called out and a second later, Wrecker climbed up, but he had dropped the ipsium case.

"You have to protect the ipsium case!" Tech called out.

"Well what about protecting me?" Wrecker asked.

"If it explodes we'll all be dead!" Tech yelled.

"I can do it Wrecker!" Aurora offered.

"No!" He yelled. "You stay there!" A couple of heavy breaths, Wrecker jumped down from his line and used his body to shield the ipsium case. The stampede running right over him. After what felt like an eternity the herd ran past the group. Everyone slid down and Wrecker patted the case, groaning.

"Are you okay?" Aurora asked, resting a hand on his back.

"My back!" Wrecker complained.

"I would advise not dropping it next time." Tech said, walking over to Wrecker, and picked up the case.

"Why don't you carry it?" Wrecker offered.

Tech hoisted the case on his shoulder. "Fine." Thunder rumbled as the storm started to gain on the batch, they looked and saw lightning striking in the canyon. "Well that would certainly explain the stampede." They started running but the storm quickly enveloped them. Debris hitting them occasionally.

"Ow!" Omega yelled and Aurora grabbed her hand, putting the girl on front of her.

"We need to find shelter!" Hunter called out.

Tech dropped his visor, scanning for potential holdouts. A mine beep on his scanner. "There is another mine! Thirty meters ahead." He yelled.

"I see it!" Omega said.

They ran for the mine, but the dust had become so cloudy they couldn't see. Tech tripped and dropped the case. Hunter and Omega kept running but Wrecker stopped and grabbed his brother, pulling him to his feet and to the mine.

"The case!" Tech yelled.

"Forgot it!" Wrecker yelled back. He pushed Tech into the mine.

Aurora paused and turned back for the case. Using her arms to shield her face from the debris. She barely had her hands around it before someone grabbed her arm and pulled her away from it. "We have to grab it!" She turned and saw Hunter had grabbed her.

"No time!" He yelled and he pulled her inside after everyone else. They all looked back at the lighting barreling towards them. Hunter made sure everyone made it in.

"Where's the ipsium?" Omega questioned.

They all turned and saw the case being dragged in the storm. It lifted in the air and they knew what followed next. "Get down!" Hunter ordered pulled Aurora in front of him, using his body as a shield. Wrecker did the same for Omega. The case hit the top of the mine, exploding. Trapping them inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hunter turned his lamp on and got up. They walked over to the entrance and saw it was covered in rubble. Aurora also tried to sit up but cried out in pain and brought her hands to her lower abdomen. She sucked in a painful breath as she saw blood on her hands.

"What's wrong?" Hunter knelt down next to her.

She let out a heavy breath and looked at her shaky hands. "Something got me."

Tech knelt down next to her and moved her hands. He and Hunter saw a deep gash. "More than likely superficial, from the rocks I assume. You'll live."

"Thanks... Captain obvious." Aurora rolled her eyes as Tech pulled out some medical supplies to patch her wound.

"So now we are trapped." Tech stated the obvious as he tended to Aurora. "And we have lost all of our ipsium."

Wrecker groaned. "Well I-I suppose that's all my fault too?"

Tech nodded. "Well technically yes. If you had not let our ship get stolen, we would be aboard it right now with the mineral."

"Can you shut up?" Aurora winced as Tech pressed on her stomach. "Before I smack you."

Hunter sighed and stood up. "None of this is helping. Let's start digging our way outta here."

Wrecker shoulder checked Tech. "Fine."

Tech helped Aurora up. "You should put your shirt back on. To help protect your wound from the dust and debris." Aurora nodded and pulled out her shirt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not much time later, Aurora and the boys removed some of the rocks, but their entryway was still blocked. Omega was typing on a data pad, but kept getting error beeps. "Something's not right." She said. "The Marauder's transponder isn't relaying a signal."

Tech adjusted his goggles. "It was probably disabled by the thief who commandeered it." Tech gave a side eye to Wrecker, who in turn grumbled. Aurora rolled her eyes.

"Well then how are we gonna track it?" She asked.

"The ships not important right now." Hunter added. "We need to get outta here first."

"Quite correct." Tech said. "Besides, it is most unlikely that the Marauder will be recovered." He tried to push a boulder.

"What? Don't say that." Omega said. "We have to get it back!"

"We can always acquire another ship." Tech stated. "It is merely a mode of transportation."

"I am shocked you are saying that about your child, Tech." Aurora commented.

"But the Marauder's our home!" Omega fought back. "We already lost Echo. We can't lose that too."

"Omega we didn't lose Echo." Hunter softened his voice and climbed down from the rocks. "He's just on a different mission."

"But he's not here!" Omega felt herself getting emotional. "He-he isn't with us! We're supposed to be a squad!"

"This squad existed before Echo was a part of it, and it will exist after." Tech said, Aurora smacked her forehead. "What is your issue?" Omega looked at Tech, anger in her eyes. She threw the data pad at him and grabbed a lantern and turned around.

"Omega-" Hunter started.

"I want to be alone." She said coldly and walked further into the mine.

"AH!" Aurora winced in pain as she tried to move a bigger rock. She grabbed her side, leaning on the rock.

Hunter was quickly by her side. "Take it easy."

She waved him away. "Yea, yea, I'm fine dad. You worry too much, and if you want to worry, worry about that one." She pointed to Tech.

"What?" Hunter and Wrecker turned to Tech. "I merely stated the truth." He said.

"She already knows the truth." Hunter said. "That's why she's upset." Wrecker just shook his head at him. Tech stood up and busied himself with the rocks again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More time passed and Aurora and the boys barely made any progress. Wrecker sat down in defeat and Aurora sat down next to him. He handed her a canteen, she graciously drank from it.

"Omega has been gone for a while. Someone should check on her now." Aurora mentioned.

"It'll take days to clear a path at this rate." Wrecker also pointed out.

"Complaining won't make it go faster." Hunter said.

"This operation could use a well-placed detonation." Tech added, he was trying to push a boulder with his legs, and was failing. "A small amount if ipsium would be more than enough."

"Enough with your petty comments, please." Aurora snapped. "You're driving me crazy."

"Well we had a small amount, but somebody dropped it." Wrecker said and grabbed the rock Tech was struggling with.

"Fine." Tech said. "Since losing the mineral was my mistake, I'll search for any potential extraction within this mine."

"That's not the only mistake you need to fix." Hunter said.

Wrecker sat on a boulder. "Yea, you go check on the kid."

"But she said she wanted to be alone." Tech said.

"Oh you're so dense." Aurora held her head with her hand and shook it.

"Look she's clearly having a hard time adjusting to Echo leaving." Hunter said. "Talk to her."

Tech nodded. "Very well." He grabbed his backpack and helmet and walked into the mine, clicking on his flashlight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hunter and Wrecker moved the big boulder together. Without Tech helping them, it was taking longer than it already was. Aurora had to take a break from helping them. She was holding her side.

"For a superficial wound this is painful." Aurora commented. She lifted her shirt and saw the bandage was all bloody, she quickly pulled her shirt back down before the others saw.

Hunter and Wrecker also sat down, exhausted. Hunter wiped the sweat from his forehead and Wrecker took a drink from the canteen. Something was off and Hunter looked down the corridor.

"What's wrong?" Aurora asked, noticing he was being weird.

"What is it Hunter?" Wrecker also asked.

Hunter grabbed his comm-link. "Tech, come in. Omega do you copy?" He didn't get a response. Aurora stood up. "Something's wrong." The two men also got up, grabbed their gear, and they all took off running down the hall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The three of them were still running and Hunter tried his comms again. "Tech, Omega, do you copy?" He said, not bothered hiding the worry in his tone

After a moment there was finally a response "Affirmative." Tech responded. "We took an unforeseen detour, but we are alive."

The group slowed. "Where are you?" Hunter asked.

"That is a good question. Stand by." Tech said.

Aurora leaned against the wall. "Good. I need a break."

After a couple minutes Tech came over the comms again. Aurora had walked down a passageway. "Hunter, we found an alternate way out, but you will need to retrieve our gear."

"Hunter!" Aurora called out and the boys followed her. They all saw Tech and Omega's gear along with a hole in the wall. Aurora peered in and saw the drop. "Don't tell me they fell down that?"

"Alright Tech we've got the gear and the ipsium." Hunter responded.

"Good." Tech said. "Next you'll need to carefully scale down the narrow crevasse and descend into the aqueduct below. You will come upon us once the rapids eject you over the waterfall. But you must not compromise the mineral vials or you will perish."

"You gotta be kidding me." Wrecker groaned.

"Easy-peasy." Aurora rolled her eyes.

"Hang tight. We're on our way." Hunter said.

Wrecker groaned some more. "I hate this planet."

Hunter held his hand out for Aurora. "Stay with me. With your wound I don't want to go fishing for you."

Aurora laughed. "Aw, scared you might loose me?" She winked at him. "See you on the other side." She did a two finger saulte before falling backwards down into the water below.

"Aurora!" Hunter quickly jumped down after her, leaving Wrecker to follow them shortly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the water Aurora didn't realize how strong the current was. She tried staying above the water but the current kept pulling her under. Part of her wished she listened to Hunter. After she breached the surface again the water quickly pulled her under. A set of hands wrapped around her waist and pulled her back up. When they broke the surface Aurora took a deep breath.

"You are going to be the death of me you know that?" Hunter yelled. She flipped around in his arms and she noticed he somehow took his helmet off.

"Hunter what are you-" He shoved his helmet over her head right as the water pull them under again. In his helmet she watched as Hunter held his breath and tried to pull them to the surface. She tried to push up as well. The descended upon the rapids which quickly shot them out into a pool of water. Wrecker could be heard screaming behind them.

When the three of them made it to the surface. Omega was waving at them. Hunter pushed Aurora towards shore and Tech grabbed his backpack from the water. Hunter climbed out behind Aurora, while Wrecker dragged himself out.

"See that wasn't so bad." Omega said and Wrecker held a thumbs up. Aurora went to wring her shirt out. "Aurora, your wound!" Omega pointed out. She quickly dropped her shirt.

Hunter turned and walked towards her. "Let me see it."

Aurora pointed but her finger hit Hunter's chest. "No, no! It's fine. Back up."

"If it's fine then let me see it." He repeated.

"Hey listen if you are asking me to undress, buy me a drink first." She retorted. Aurora pulled off Hunter's helmet and handed it to him. "I can fix it myself." Hunter gave her a look and she sighed. "Fine." She lifted her shirt up and everyone saw the blood soaked bandage.

"Aurora-" Hunter started.

"Don't give me that lecture. I knew you were going to be dramatic about it. While you all work on getting us out of here I will fix this." Aurora said and Hunter didn't move. "Well chop chop."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the hole in the mine, Hunter hoisted Omega up and she placed an ipsium tube above it. Once placed the group ran over to hide behind some rocks. Tech held up his blaster.

"How come he gets to blow it up?" Wrecker asked.

"If the shot is not precise, it will cause another cave-in." Tech said and he aimed his blaster. After a moment of carefully lining up the shot. He fired and the ipsium exploded. Once the dust cleared there was a big opening in front of them. They all walked out. Tech put his helmet on and dropped his visor. Wrecker put a hand on his shoulder. Tech pointed, "that is the spaceport, but there does not appear to be much activity."

"Could it be deserted?" Aurora asked.

"Well there better be some chow there, because I'm sick of rations." Wrecker said.

"Let's check it out." Hunter instructed them and the group started to walk towards the town.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the town, it was in fact deserted, but everyone still looked around. Wrecker jogged towards an abandoned cooking pot but leaned back in defeat. He groaned.

"Where is everyone?" Omege asked.

"It's abandoned." Hunter told her. "For a while, by the looks of it."

Wrecker sat down. "We came all this way for nothing."

"We are out of the cave." Aurora commented.

"Not nothing." Tech cut in. "I can send out a longe-range transmission with that array." He looked up to the poles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Minutes later after Tech started working on it, Cid was in front of them. "No can do, fellas. I'm tied up at the moment. You'll have to figure it out yourselves."

"Of course you are." Aurora rolled her eyes.

"Cid, you sent us on this mission." Hunter informed her.

"Well, I didn't tell you to get your ship stolen, did I?" She retorted.

"Cid," Omega said. "We need your help."

"Just like we helped you regain control of your parlor from Roland Durand, AND when we cleared your sizablel debt with Millegi-" Tech started to remind her.

"I didn't ask for a recap, Goggles." Cid cut him off. She looked at Omega and groaned. "All right. Give me a few days, and I'll see what I can do."

"A few days?!" Aurora snapped.

"We don't have enough rations to last a few-" Hunter started but Cid quickly turned off the holo-comm.

"You know why do we still even work for her anyways?" Aurora asked. "It's not like we need to anymore."

Wrecker, who was eating a said ration, looked at Hunter. "What do we do now?" He asked.

"We'll figure it out," Omega said. "Like we always do." She nodded at Tech and he smiled at her.

Hunter looked towards the incoming storm and Aurora walked over to him, placing a hand on his shoulder. "So what do we do until then?" The others walked over as the storm slowly approached them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.7K 2.1K 82
𝚌𝚘𝚍𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎. Rylann Tetra, Shaak Ti's padawan, is stationed on Kamino to her disliking. Ry, taken from her home when she...
24.5K 629 46
Ella is a mandalorian Jedi trying to find her way through this new galaxy after order 66 and she happens to bump into her favourite clones. who knows...
3.8K 171 18
Their mission...Their dreams...Their lives...are not over yet. [THIRD Book of the "Stealth and Track" Series, following "Foresight and Scope"] The ag...
2.2K 62 22
Kit was once a promising young padawan from the Jedi Order, trained to do good and use the force to protect those who were innocent. However, her mas...