Give us a chance? (Natasha Ro...

Od Justine_Romanoff

You're Y/N Anderson, a cop, with powers but nobody knows that. You don't want any of this 'super-hero life'... Více

The meeting
Friend's Advices
Police and Stark
Dangerous night
Girls evening
Strange behaviors
Central park
A date?
The Avengers Initiative
Beginning of a team?
Investigating
Loki
Chaos
Assemble
Battle
After fight
The new trio
Discussion
Morning
Work
Wild Night
Plans
An Official Date
Hostage
Doing Great
Challenge
Training
Car Ride
Via Ferata
Changing Roles?
Saturday
Trio's Back
Relax
Missing
Boyfriend
Fight?
Fight.
Saved
Party
Speeches
Full Attention
Coming Back
Break
Pain Killers
Missions
Lemurian Star
New Job
Hospital
Meeting, Again.
Feelings
Jim Spencer
Mall
HYDRA
Confessions
New Plan
Zola's Algorithm
The Winter Soldier
Bucky
Stress Before the Storm
S.H.I.E.L.D. Versus HYDRA
Crossbone Versus Anderson
Give Us a Chance?
Captain
Three Little Words
Standing Up For What Is Right
Shut Up
Quinjet
Russia
Fake Hope
Family Reunion
Old Room
Ice Skating
Anger Management
Questions
Cloud Gazing
Truth Hurts
Forgive And Move On
Kids
Waking Up And Finding Strategies
Old Friend
After Party
Humor and Work
Seperated Floors
Brutal
Casino
Private Room
Worry
Strucker
Blanket, Korean and Jarvis
Jealousy
Love Of My Life
Worthy?
Good Old Way
Illusions
Reality Versus Fantasy
Evolution
Priorities
Captive
Protect
Reconstruction
Skills
Uno
Leads
Brussels
Attempt To a Calm Date

The Barton Family

761 28 1
Od Justine_Romanoff

Nat's POV:

After a few minutes of packing, a short goodbye to Y/N's parents and a much longer one to George, we drove back to the Quinjet and flew to Clint's house.

But once we finally land, I'm the only one getting down the vehicle. "What are you waiting for?" I ask confused and walking back to where she awkwardly stands still.

"What if Clint Doesn't want me 'round his kids?" She says stressfully.

"Nonsense." I instantly answer. I wouldn't have brought her here if I didn't know Clint fully trusts her.

"Well I'd still rather you ask him first...and if he says no, then give the kids that." She counters, putting 2 small objects in my hand.

I take a look at them and see a watch and a ring, beautiful and expensive ones. I look at her in disbelief.

"I know you always buy them gifts and I also knew we wouldn't have time to stop and get some on our way here, so I brought them stuff from when I was young." She says happily, but still unsure of herself. "I don't know if they like jewelry, or maybe they're still a bit young, but I figured it was better than nothing." She adds shrugging.

I can only smile at her sweetness, she's the cutest. "And you still think Clint won't accept you seeing his kids?"

"Well he isn't the only one to make the decision, he has a wife." She argues and it's almost laughable at this point.

I open my mouth to argue too, but ultimately drop it. She's too stubborn to accept, it'll be easier to ask the couple to come and get her.

I walk to the house without her and don't even have time to step on the porch that a little Barton comes out the door running to hug me.

"Auntie Nat!!!" She screams jumping in my arms.

"Hey Lila! How're you doing sweetie? You've grown so much since I last saw you!" She really did. How old is she now? 5?

"Nat?" Barton senior steps out, clearly confused by my presence, but I don't pay any mind to him, I'm more focused on his son, hidden behind his leg.

"Cooper! Buddy! You've gotten so much taller too, I'm happy to see you!" 7 years old? Almost 8, I guess.

It means I've known Clint for that long, these small ones make me feel old, but I love them both so much I can hardly complain.

I extend my hand to the boy and he hesitates a second before taking it, letting me grab him and put him in my free arm.

At the same time, Laura enters my sight and I smile her way as a greeting.

"I thought super cop would be with you." She instantly comments, clearly worried about my feelings and what could've happened.

"Yeah. Are you 2 okay? Last time I checked in, things were going smoothly." Clint adds, even more confused.

I smile. "She's in the Quinjet. Something about, and I quote: 'What if they don't want me 'round their kids?'"

Laura almost starts laughing right away. "That's absurd! The woman who managed to reach Natasha's heart is already part of the family."

"That's what I said! But my voice didn't weight as much as one of yours in that case." I explain.

"I'll go talk to her then." Laura announces, getting back in to put a small coat and boots on before walking to the jet.

"A-Are we talking about your girlfriend Aunt Nat?" Cooper asks, shyly per usual, but he still asks and it never fails to impress me.

"You heard about her?" I ask rhetorically, while putting them down.

"Yes! Daddy said that you like women even if you're a woman. He also said that boys and girls can like whoever they want and it doesn't matter." Lila adds on.

I look at Clint and give him an appreciative smile he answers with a small nod. "Well daddy is very right. I wouldn't have said any better."

"Does this mean Y/N is our auntie too?" The little girl asks curiously.

I look at Clint again, unsure of what he wants me to answer, but he quickly shows me that I'm on my own and the kids never said anything about it to him.

I crouch down to their level. "Well, it all depends on what the 2 of you want and what she wants. Being an auntie is a relation with someone more than a title." I say, hoping this isn't a discussion too elaborate for the little ones.

"She will become our aunt if we think she is nice?" Cooper repeats unsure.

"That's exactly it!" I praise, raising both my hands so the kids high give me which they both do. "Ow!" I exaggerate faking a little pain at the impact, making them laugh.

Y/N's POV:

I wait awkwardly, yet patiently in the jet. What else could I do? Clint's kids is what he values most in this world, and Laura too. I wouldn't hold it against them if they didn't want someone with powers around them. So I wait patiently for Nat's come back.

Shortly after though, someone arrives. I thought it'd be Nat, but quickly see it's Clint's wife. "Hello!" She greets joyfully. "You must be Y/N! It's nice to finally meet you." She says extending her hand, which I gladly shake.

"And you must be Laura! I heard a lot about you!" I reply with a huge smile.

"Nothing bad I hope." She comments with slight nervousness.

I purposefully remain silent until her small smile disappears. "I'm joking! I'm joking! Barton is crazy about you he can't stop all the compliments about you and your kids coming out of his mouth." I explain happily, making the smile return on her face.

"Glad to hear that. About my kids, you mentioned the exact subject where I wanted this conversation to go." My smile fades a bit with the stress. "Nat said she wasn't able to convince you to come. What do I need to do to succeed?" She asks crossing her arms and instantly lifting part of the weight off my shoulders.

"I-I have powers and skills that are quite scary, nobody would hold it against you or Clint to think your kids' safety is compromised." I reveal my train of thought.

"Y/N, let's make this clear." Laura starts with a more serious tone. "I don't care about your powers or skills, what matters to me is what you do with them. Protect my family and you'll have me on your side for eternity." She states.

It reminds me of something I keep forgetting. I control my powers, not the opposite, and even though they're a part of me, they aren't who I am. There's more to me.

"Thank you Laura." I say to which she only smiles. I really like her, she's sweet.

"C'mon, I know a little by and a little girl who can't wait to meet you." She changes the subject and exits the Quinjet.

Once we arrive close to the others, I see Nat sat in front of a table on the porch, looking gorgeous per usual. The 2 kids are sat across from her. Clint on his side is waiting for us on the stairs of his white porch.

The house is much bigger than I imagined and the terrain is huge too. The green-ish window frames blend in pretty well with the rest. It really looks like a classical farmer's house. With the ugly garage, the old cars and the chopped wood. It's nice, feels like a place apart from humanity.

"It's so pretty, I love it!"  I hear Lila scream, but my attention is quickly brought back to Clint.

"I' happy my wife convinced you, would've been pretty boring with only these 2. They keep ignoring me." The man complains, earning a small tap on his shoulder from his wife.

"Happy to see you too, Robin Hood." I say, smirking.

Before the conversation can get any further Nat and the kids arrive. The girl, Lila in the front, followed by Nat and finally Cooper who decides to switch from behind Nat's legs to behind Clint's.

"Did you really have the ideas for the gifts like Auntie Nat said?" The little girl bluntly asks, cutting me off guard.

"I- Yeah. I did help."

"You're so nice! I understand why Auntie Nat loves you! The ring is so pretty." She says, happily showing off the ring to her mother, before turning back towards me."Auntie Nat already told you, but I'm Lila and that's my big brother, Cooper." She presents, pointing to her brother.

"Uh, T-Thank you for the watch t-too. It's- It's very nice." The boy mumbles shyly.

"Nice to meet you, I'm also super happy you both like it." I reply. Their joy is contagious, it's incredible.

Nat only smirks. Silently showing off that she was right. This whole family accepts me and they loved the gift.

Soon enough, the kids run to play inside and Laura  decides she's going to make dinner for all of us, insisting on the fact that she doesn't want or need any help. It's only the 3 of us now.

"I'm happy you 2 came here, but I suppose it wasn't only to see me and my family." Clint says, sitting a bit straighter and breaking the illusion of us simply being here for a great time.

Nat sighs, as sorry as I am to take the man away from his wife and kids. "Tony wants to reform the Avengers because HYDRA took Loki's scepter."

It's now his turn to sigh. "That's why you're out of hiding." He mumbles to himself. "Do we still have time to eat here this evening?" He suddenly asks, stressed to leave so abruptly.

"Of course!" Nat instantly answers as I nod making our friend smile.

"Then let's not talk about it until we leave." He decides, wanting to fully appreciate the few hours he has left here until we leave. "Did you guys have fun on your hiding trip, or should I say vacation trip?" He says, grinning.

"To be fun, it was fun." Nat confirms with the widest smirk as we make eye contact. I can't help but do the same as memories resurface. Meanwhile, Clint is practically puking.

"No! Not that kind of fun, I don't wanna know a single detail about it!" He complains in horror. "I wanna know  if you did any fun activities and if you're readjusting to one another pretty well." The man clarifies.

"We're getting along even better than before, and my powers bring a new dynamic in our relation. It's like I'm discovering a new part of myself by letting it free, which is fun, but it changes from the conventional stuff we're used to." I describe, Nat smiling proudly as Clint listens intently.

"Like?"

"Well for starters, we stopped lying to each other." Nat mumbles making me laugh as Clint tilts his head like saying 'Fair point'.

"I think the lying was unconventional more than the fact you 2 stopped doing it." The man points out, Nat and I both glaring his way, so he doesn't mention it anymore and he raises his hands in surrender.

"Then, my powers force us to talk about our feelings, which is quite hard for both of us. I can explain why some of my feelings look incoherent while Nat can tell me why there's a difference between what she feels inside and what she shows everyone. It's really helpful." I exemplify.

"That's really cool, actually." The man with the light brown hair agrees.

"As for the activities, we made a lot of fun ones at Y/N's parents' house." Nat goes on with the story telling.

She talks about the ice skating, the horse ride, but mostly the archery station, even showing pictures on that magic phone of hers. I can see how much she loves to see Clint's jealousy radiating out of him when he sees all the equipment.

"How big is your parents' property to fit all of these!? In fact, how rich can they be!? They- They'd have to be the richest family in the whole Canada to afford this, Anderson!" Clint says in disbelief.

I remain silent for a second. "I wouldn't say my father's the wealthiest Canadian, but-"

"Wait. Anderson. As in Vince-. Don't tell me you're Vincent Anderson's daughter!?" The man suddenly clicks.

"How did you know?" Nat asks confused.

"Several years ago, his company was declared so bad for the environment that someone attacked it in court. Actually, I think the gouvernement itself did. He won, but still had very bad publicity from it." Clint describes something I, myself, had no idea of. "It happened in 2002 or 2003." He adds.

That explains it all. I was under HYDRA's control at that time and May was under the Red Room's one.

"Oh." I mumble as Nat frowns.

"I hadn't made the connection because I simply couldn't imagine such opposite personalities in such a relation. And that's a compliment." He defends, getting a small laugh out of me. I knew my father wasn't a saint, but still, damn, my father's a complete asshole.

Before anything can be added to the conversation, Lila gets out of the house and jumps in her fathers arms.

"What's happening sweetheart?" The man says sweetly, his eyes filled with adoration and love for his daughter.

"Mommy wanted Cooper to come and tell you that diner's ready, but Cooper didn't want to. So I came." She explains.

"Diner's ready. Alright, we're coming." Clint says, grabbing his child in his arms and standing up, making her giggle.

"Daddy?" He looks in her eyes as we enter house. "Why is Cooper always scared to talk to people?"

The father probably starts explaining to his youngest child that her brother is probably worried about what other people might think of him, but I'm not listening anymore.

I'm looking around the fantastic house.

Everything is made out of a rustic, vintage kind of wood, but it's all varnished so it doesn't break in any way. There is a wall to our right, but a huge and welcoming living room to the left. It could contain at least 8 people, if not 10. In front of us, there are stairs, just behind them, a bit to the left is the dining room and even farther, there's the kitchen. It's wholesomely wonderful.

Since I don't want to come off as impolite, I don't explore the house any more than that and grab Nat's hand as we walk to the kitchen.

"Are you still sure you don't want any help Laura?" I suggest once again, feeling the woman a bit tense.

"It would be a pleasure." Nat insists.

"I'm fine, girls. Take a seat and allow me to make sure everything's perfect." The woman confirms, Nat instantly dragging me to the dining table and sits on a chair, inviting me to do the same, just next to her.

"What the hell was that?" I question her sudden change in behavior.

"Laura lesson 1-o-1. The woman is very patient darling, but she has her limits. She probably dealt with the kids while cooking and now she wants some peace. If the roles were opposed, I would probably have just used the words 'shut up and sit.' instead. I'm surprised you haven't noticed." I'll keep that in mind for next time.

A/N: I feel like this is a messy chapter, but I still hope it was enjoyable! On another note! I'm thinking about changing the book's cover, again. So that might happen next week, don't be too surprised! Anygays, hope you guys spend a great remaining of your day, see yaaaaaaaaa :)

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

54.8K 2.1K 38
Y/N is just about to finish her second year of college when something happens that throws her off track completely. Over the summer, she tries to fi...
157K 4.2K 55
Have fun reading:) S.O = Supervising Officer Smut (but not really anymore since it got deleted from Wattpad) TW = I'll write it in the beginning of...
5.5K 103 10
Experiencing summer love with a former assassin isn't what you expected.
167K 3.8K 15
Y/n was 24 when she joined the Avengers. She got friends with everyone except for Natasha. The hot red-haired woman who hated Y/N as such as Y/n hate...