The Joys of life

Honeybee_mazwide által

Life is unpredictable and not very fair to everyone. Things don't always go as planned but they sometimes hap... Több

00
01
02
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
A/N

03

1K 65 0
Honeybee_mazwide által

FEW WEEKS LATER

[chapter 3]

Lethokuhle's pov

I had finally got my acceptance letter from Wits, I did everything needed and was now waiting for the registration period. My grandparents let me drive back to Joburg with Nqo and her family and stay with them. I was to stay with them until I am registered and have found residence on campus. I really got bored at times here since Nqobile had already left for Harvard. We talk every night by text and sometimes through WhatsApp video calls.

I was currently lying in bed when a knock came through, I sat up and allowed the person entrance. Uncle Nsizwa peeps his head in and smiles at me, this man is very scary

Me: "Uncle.."

Uncle Nsizwa: "We going to the mall baby girl, don't you want to catch some air and come with us?!"

Me: "Nope! Thank you."

Uncle Nsizwa: "You sure?" I nod smiling.

Me: "Yes uncle."

Uncle Nsizwa: "Okay, what do you want us to get for you?"

Me: "Just some snacks and airtime." I grin, and he chuckles nodding.

Uncle Nsizwa: "Okay then see you later." He closes the door behind him. After a few minutes, another knock erupts,

Me: "Come in!" Lwande walks in smiling

Lwande: "Hey you!"

Me: "Hey you!" I blush, he chuckles and enters the room

Lwande: "Can I?" he asks pointing at my bed

Me: "Sure, sure." he sits and just stares at me.

Lwande: "You ready for tertiary?!"

Me: "I don't know hey."

Lwande: "Well you can't not know now, you literally have just a week before you can start your new journey." he side smiles

Me: "Yeahhhh!! I'm a bit scared and not so sure. Plus it'll be a bit lonely too, my best friend is miles away and my grandparents are also miles away.." I shrug.

Lwande: "Argh! You have mom and dad on this side." he says

Me: "Yeah.."

Lwande: "I also usually come this side most weekends so you also have me." I blush again.

Me: "I guess I'm being a baby huh?!"

Lwande: "No, it's how you feel and it's understandable."

Me: "Yeah." He hits my legs softly

Lwande: "Get up, we taking a walk. You can't keep hiding yourself in here!" I get up and wear my sleeper shoes. He grabs my hand, opens the door, and lets me walk out first before he follows me.

Lwande: "What do you want to have for lunch?" he asks as he leads me out to the car.

Me: "I don't know.."

Lwande: "We stealing mom's car by the way." he says so coolly as he drives out the yard and takes off.

Me: "Won't she freak out?"

Lwande: "Nah. How about some burgers and chicken wings?"

Me: "That sounds good too." He nods.

_________

We were now sitting in the car while feeding ducks in the park while they swam around the dam. We were both leaning against the car

Me: "How is Cape Town?"

Lwande: "It's cool, I have gotten used to it now. I also have friends that side too, it's cool."

Me: "That's nice. Your course?"

Lwande: "Biological science is sh*t bruh!!! That thing is so damn hard."

Me: "It does sound hectic." he chuckles.

Lwande: "I failed three modules and my parents don't know as yet. They will kill me once they get the email."

Me: "That's bad. Why didn't you at least get a tutor or something."

Lwande: "I don't know really, I don't." We continue making conversation until the sun starts to set and he drives us back to his home. We get there luckily before his parents.

Me: "Let's cook!" he looks at me with a raised eyebrow

Lwande: "Girl! Mom will cook when she gets back."

Me: "Come on, just this once!" he groans

Lwande: "Fine! What are we making?!"

Me: "Something very simple! Uphuthu, cabbage, and fried chicken."

Lwande: "Okay fine!! Luckily there's cabbage in the fridge!" He takes it out.

Me: "I will chop that, you chop all the other veggies." he huffs and gets on with it.

****
His parents walk in when the food is almost ready. Uncle Nsizwa is carrying Londi and the other two follow behind him with shopping bags.

Lwande: "Where's momma?"

Uncle Nsizwa: "She's outside. It smells great in here." he says putting Londi down.

Lwande: "Yeah we cooked!" he says excitedly.

Aunt Thando: "Something smells so great in here!" she says walking in.

Londi: "Bhuti says they cooked." she says laughing.

Aunt T: "What did you make Letho? I know this one can't even peel a potato!" everyone laughs at that.

Me: "Uphuthu, cabbage and fried chicken."

Uncle Nsizwa: "Ouh, I haven't had that in so long!"

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

77.5K 5.9K 56
What do you do when your past comes knocking at your door and turns your life up side down. Meet Nompumelelo and Mmelokuhle as they go through hell a...
2K 138 5
Who's more dangerous? A man in love or a woman with nothing to lose? Is love ever enough? If it is, at what cost
9.5K 844 23
Continuation of Her Wings Unfolded
1.1M 49.1K 46
Ajax needed a change for a while being a billionaire is not easy with everyone throwing themselves at him . He decides he needs a vication so he take...