Moiety (The Northwestern Wolv...

Από juanfletcher_1002

Grayson has always felt like a monster. He's never felt whole - no he's always felt split in two by his two c... Περισσότερα

Author's Notes
Chapter 1: Deja
Chapter 2: Grayson
Chapter 3: Deja
Chapter 4: Grayson
Chapter 5: Deja
Chapter 6: Grayson
Chapter 7: Deja
Chapter 8: Deja
Chapter 9: Grayson
Chapter 10: Deja
Chapter 11: Grayson
Chapter 12: Deja
Chapter 13: Deja
Chapter 14: Grayson
Chapter 15: Deja
Chapter 16: Deja
Chapter 17: Grayson
Chapter 18: Deja
Chapter 19: Deja
Chapter 20: Deja
Chapter 21: Grayson
Chapter 22: Deja
Chapter 23: Deja
Chapter 24: Grayson
Chapter 25: Deja (Part 2)
Chapter 26: Daryl
Chapter 27: Deja
Chapter 28: Grayson
Chapter 29: Daryl/Deja
Chapter 30: Grayson
Chapter 31: Deja
Chapter 32: Daryl/Deja
Chapter 33: Grayson
Chapter 34: Grayson
Chapter 35: Daryl
Chapter 36: Deja
Chapter 38: Grayson

Chapter 37: Grayson/Daryl

488 52 6
Από juanfletcher_1002

Grayson

I casually walk down the hall, taking a mental inventory of every guard I have passed, specific details of the hall, and every carved door. I'm going unnoticed as always, moving through the hall like a restless ghost. No one even knows I'm there, going about their everyday duties—some looking at their phone, some sleeping, others doing their job by standing at their post. But know one sense that I am among them walking silent.

It's storming today, causing the hall to be shrouded in darkness. This part of the hall has become familiar, so the darkness doesn't bother me. I could walk blindfolded and be fine. My ears twitch, hearing some talking behind the last door of this hall. It's strange because no one is ever on this side of the mansion. I stop, turning my head slightly to listen. The guard standing in front of me doesn't notice me, but like me, he's very interested in the conversation behind the door.

Slowly, walking closer to the guard and the door, I pick up pieces of the conversation. I can't make out much because they are whispering. I know who the woman is, but who is the man? I have never heard the voice before. I take a few more steps closer. I'm so close I can almost hear the heartbeat of the guard. When I get ready to walk through the door - I feel myself jerked back violently.

"Grayson! Grayson! Are you alright?" I look up at the worried eyes peering down on my sprawled body. I look around, catching sight of the trees surrounding the field we are sitting in. "Grayson?" She snaps her fingers in my face, bringing my attention to her.

"I'm good," I say, pulling myself to a seated position.

"Are you sure? I mean - you flew several feet?" She frowns. "And you were sitting." She stares at me like that act alone will tell her what I am not.

After still not answering, Reign sits back in front of me. "Ok." She pauses again and waits. "Since we are not getting far with that conversation, would you tell me how far you got this time?"

Running my hands down my face, I think back. "I didn't get far this time." I breathe out a heavy breath. "When I was almost at the stairs, I heard talking coming from one of the doors at the end of the hall."

"Talking? Who?" She asks.

"Aida." I shake my head. "The second voice I have never heard before." Reign tilts her head the way a wolf would do. "He was saying something about gaining his trust?"

"Well, isn't that what she is trying to do now?" Reign asks, looking more worried than I have ever seen her look.

"That's it - they were not talking about me."

"Well, if not you - who?"

"Darryl."

"Darryl?" Her confusion is written all over her face. "I'm confused. Why Daryl?"

"I'm not sure. When I stepped closer and was about to go through - I was pulled back. So I do not know what was said." I close my eyes and try to think of any other details that we could be missing. "Have you found out who threw the fire at Deja, Colby, and Beck?"

"No." She shakes her head. "I have an idea, but I don't want to say it until I'm positive. Colby has asked a few more members from your old pack to come and help with guarding and training. I haven't seen Daryl in a couple of weeks, so I'm not positive what he has been up to. I was thinking of asking Colby or Beck to track him down."

"No," I say firmly. "Let's just wait it out. I don't want anyone in danger until we can find out what Aida and this mystery man are seeking to get from Daryl. We have to be careful in everything we do. Do not let it slip that you have been coming here. Not to Daryl or Colby. Not even Deja. Each person plays a role in this puzzle, and before we can put it together - we must know how they fit."

"What are you thinking? Do you think one of them could be going against us?"

"Colby and Beck no. Daryl -" I glare over her shoulders at the still trees. "I have been reaching out to him, and he's been blocking me. Until I find out why and who did the fire attack - we have to be cautious." We both stare at each other, knowing what I am implying. "Daryl has gained great power bonding with me, and so has Colby. With power comes greed. Let's just hope that's not what we are against. I want to deal with one enemy at a time." She nods in understanding.

"Ok." She takes a deep breath. "Let's continue our exercise. Do you think you can astral project back to where you were to get further into the mansion?"

"No. My mind and body are tired. Plus, I have been sleeping for a while. My uncle may be watching me, and we don't want him to get suspicious, so I should get back."

"We should try to meet soon. We have to get you somewhere in the house so you can give us some indication of where you are at. I hate sitting in this limbo state waiting. The witches wouldn't wait any longer and had contacted all the packs they felt could be trusted." She rolls her eyes. "So now the packs are getting ready for war. The only thing keeping anyone from attacking is not knowing where your alliance sits." She smiles. "And they have the problem of not knowing where they would have said war."

I just give her a grunt before disappearing into the darkness.

🐾

Daryl

Before I can open my eyes and fully wake up, the putrid smell of old blood hits my nose like a cage fighter. The body lying next to me is still warm, so I know I haven't done anything stupid - like drain someone's blood completely. With the effort of forty men, I slowly sit up and take in my surroundings.

The cabin is small, with only one large room with a bathroom sitting to the right. The kitchenette only has two counters, a white refrigerator, and a black stove. There are no overhead cabinets, just very long shelves with two pots and a black skillet sitting on them - almost like decorative pieces.

The girl who is lying next to me is in the fetal position. Her dreads are longer than mine, and her golden brown skin has blood-dried in spots. Her dark brown nipples that poke out at me and chill bumps that pepper her skin let me know that where I am is cold.

I should get up and leave before she wakes. I'm not sure what is going on with me, but ever since Grayson bonded with me - I have been doing human things like sleeping for eight hours and getting tired. The desire for human blood has started to take over all of my senses, and my control has been slipping - hence, waking up next to a strange woman in a strange place.

I have to get myself together - I have too much on the line here. My plan has been going perfectly, but I did not think I would start having side effects like human traits. Grayson bonded with me weeks ago, and I still have these damn side effects. Nothing I have tried to rid myself of them has worked.

I sense the knock before the person on the other side of the door has even put up their hand. With the speed of light, I jump out of the bed and pull open the door quickly so as not to disturb the sleeping woman. I stand in front of Obadiah naked as the day I was born.

"What?" I hiss out with a hint of a smile on my lips.

"Prince Lemuel, your father has sent me to bring you home."

"No."

"No," he parrots.

"Yes - no. The same thing I told you to tell my father the last time he sent you to fetch me. I will not be going back home. I have things that I am working on, and they do not fall in line with the things he has planned for me." I stare at his frightened face. "Is there anything else?"

"Sir, your father told me that if I do not come back with you, he will kill me. And you know any death by a king is permanent."

"Well, I suggest you don't go back now." I shrug. "I'm not going back. So he can stop sending you or anyone else."

"But, Prince Lemuel.."

"NO!" I shout. "This is not up for debate. You can go back and tell him I am not coming back there and get killed. Or you can stay and help me with my mission. But I will not be going back there ever. Do you understand me?"

"Yes, sir."

"Now.." I stand taller, look around, and make sure no one has heard our conversation. "Let me put on some clothes and meet you at my car. I have a meeting in -" I look to the sky and then back at him. "An hour to get to. You can ride with me or stay. I don't care either way."

🐾

It takes me an hour to make it to the meeting place. The area we are meeting in reminds me of the field where I have met with Grayson a few times - with the trees surrounding us. I step out of my car wearing a jacket. I'm not cold, but it has started snowing up here in the mountains, and humans tend to worry when you do not wear the proper clothes.

I left the girl asleep in the bed and a few hundred dollars to get back to wherever she came from. I don't have time for any complications, so it's always best to be gone before they wake up. Once she clears out of the cabin, Obadiah will clean up the place and stay there until I figure out what to do with him. I'm not so cruel to watch him die. He has been my secretary, or in these times my assistant, for many, many years.

"What took you so long," Dash asks, turning around to watch me walk up.

There are thirteen men here waiting to see why I called them here. All thirteen men are here to help me take down Grayson's uncle and Aaron. There are so many other things brewing in the background, and once we take down the small threats, we will need to start working on the other threats.

"Long night," I say. That's the only answer I will give.

"Okay, so what do you have planned?" Dash asks. "You know I still have reservations about going against Arron, but I will listen and take everything that you say into consideration."

"I need you on board before I can tell you. I have to be able to trust you. And before I can do that, we must take a blood oath." They all look around at each other. "We have to be able to trust and depend on each other. This next year is going to be crucial for our survival. So are you with me or not."

Paca steps forward first, teeth elongated, and bites into his palm. If I had to rank everyone from one to thirteen, I would put him at ten - with thirteen being the highest. Born a woman two hundred and sixty-five years ago, he's a lot stronger and faster than any of the men in the group. And that's no small feat since he's the second to youngest among the group. We only get stronger the older we get.

One by one, their teeth elongate, and they all bite into their palms. Feeling a bit of pride, I form a fireball in my hand. "Let's get this meeting started."

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

50.8K 698 11
Andy Hale Choosing someone to spend the rest of your life with is an incredibly difficult decision. But for me it doesn't work like that, I don't get...
Moira Από FindingJesse

Λυκάνθρωπος

613K 16.6K 28
Moira ~ A person's destiny ************************************ I was holding the photo tightly in my grasp when I felt a presence behind me. Ace ca...
Shifting Moons Από Jordyn Marie

Λυκάνθρωπος

1.4K 2 41
"Everyone feels love differently. For some... it's currents of electricity, sending millions of tingles through one person and into the other. Others...
Obsidian Από Mila Blue

Λυκάνθρωπος

938 30 13
"Remember, Nobody can escape their fate. No matter what they do" Melody Green is your typical girl, with long brown hair light brown eyes, and a love...