That's The World?!『A Hetalia...

By konatalove

Memories of a past life, voices in my head, and a world of war and family awaiting me. Am I ready for this? P... More

Chapter 1~ Time Capsule
Chapter 2~ New Home
Chapter 3~ HERO!
Chapter 4~ It's Raining, It's Pouring
Chapter 5~ The Voices...
Chapter 6~ Tiny Box Tim
Chapter 7~ The Toy Soldier
Chapter 8~ The Holy Netflix
Chapter 9~ Do You Wanna Build A Snowman?
Chapter 10~ Santa Clause Is Coming To Town
Chapter 10.5~ Thank you
Chapter 11~ Oh, Canada~!
Chapter 11.5~ Fan Art
Chapter 12~ Mattie!
Chapter 13~ BIRDIE!
Chapter 14~ Wonder If I...
Chapter 15~ She came back
Chapter 16~ Warm Me
Chapter 17~ Weakness
Chapter 18~ My First Drink
Chapter 19~ Lovesick Pt. 1
Chapter 20~ Lovesick Pt. 2
Chapter 21~ Lovesick Pt. 3
Chapter 22~ Lovesick Pt. 4 『Final』
Chapter 23~ Not My Day
Chapter 24 (26)~ Cody was here!
Chapter 25~ Poof! :3
Chapter 26~ Want Some Rice Barrs?
Chapter 27~ My Dress
Chapter 28~ The Day The Earth Split
Chapter 29~ In Another Life
Chapter 30~ I Miss You
Chapter 31~ First Time
Chapter 32~ Your Soul Mate
Chapter 33~ Canadian Please!
Chapter 34~ Suprise!
Chapter 35~ Dying Of Embarrassment
Chapter 36~ Nature Child
Chapter 37~ I Can See Clearly Now
Chapter 38~ Sunshine, Sunset
Chapter 39~ Underneath The Starry Sky
Chapter 40~ Kitty
Chapter 41~ Haru Matsuri Pt. 1
Chapter 42~ Haru Matsuri Pt. 2
Chapter 43~ Haru Matsuri Pt. 3 『Final』
Chapter 44~ Grateful Love
Chapter 45~ Selfish
Chapter 46~ My Side Of The Story
Chapter 47~ I love...
Chapter 48~ Aishiteru yo
Chapter 50~ Never Fear, The HERO Is Here!
Chapter 51~ Somewhere Only We Know
Chapter 52~ Something Lost, Something Gained
Chapter 53~ Pokétalia
Chapter 54~ The Secret Pt. 1
Chapter 55~ The Secret Pt. 2
Chapter 56~ The Secret Pt. 3『Final』
Chapter 57~ Sexual Awakening
Chapter 58~ Extended Summer
Chapter 59~ Pitiful, Right?
Chapter 60~ My Brother Is Fucking Awesome
Chapter 61~ An Urgent Message
Chapter 62~ Insanity
Chapter 63~ You Are My Everything
Chapter 64~ Never Letting Go
Chapter 65~ Smile For Me
Chapter 66~ You've Changed Me
Chapter 67~ To Protect The One You Love
Chapter 68~ Where Am I? Who Am I?
Chapter 69~ My love for you is...
Chapter 70~ Around The World
Chapter 71~ Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 72~ Battle Of The Dark
Chapter 73~ Come Home, Don't Fight
Chapter 74~ Cute, Aru!/C'est Ma Fille
Chapter 74.5 ~ November 13, 2015
Chapter 75~ To Keep You Safe
Chapter 76~ I'm Fine Pt. 1
Chapter 77~ I'm Fine Pt. 2
Chapter 78~ I'm Fine Pt. 3
Chapter 79~ I'm Fine Pt. 4 『Final』
Chapter 80~ Oh, So Spoopy
Chapter 81~ ȏȗя ṅѧṃє ıṡ ᴅıṡċȏяԀ/Together At Last
Chapter 81.5~ Please Read

Chapter 49~ Kimiko And Coming Home

67 7 16
By konatalove

Long ago, in the time of B.C., a young girl wandered far from home. She lived in a house of wealth and power, but she saw how the commoners were living and felt remorse. Because she was born into royalty, she got everything that she wanted. But others suffered and worked hard to survive. She could do nothing to change this, she was just a child. So, in rebellion to her way of life, she ran away.

She had hair that was as black as night, perfect peachy skin, hand-crafted golden hairpins, and exquisite silk robes that signaled her place in society. She was a kind spirit, always wanting to help the lower class. Although, her kindness has raised suspicion: Was she fit to be princess? Was she fit to become the future empress? She was punished once for giving her silk to a poor farmer, she suffered four days and four nights without food or water. However, her spirit kept her alive, she knew that she had to stay to help those who needed it most.

Over the hills and through the wood she traveled across the land. After surviving three days on berries and other extremes, she found a poor village and stayed there as an orphan. She cut her long hair and ripped up her royal clothing, rolling in the dirt to make them soiled. She then hid her golden hairpins in her clothing to keep her identity low. No one would notice her here, no one could take her back home to parents who only cared about the next heir to the throne.

After wandering endlessly in the village for weeks on end, an elderly couple finally took her in. They always wanted to have children but the woman couldn't bare a child. This beautiful orphan was a blessing to them. After a month, the girl felt like she belonged there. She smiled so much that she felt that it was all a dream.

The couple worked on a farm in the mountains. Rare fruits and vegetables from far off lands resided in the field. The land was blessed with fertile soil and adequate rain fall. The three never ran out of food to eat. But, they were still poor in money. They wore rags to be able to buy food in the winter, it gets real snowy up in the mountains. At night, wolves would prowl and search for food, the girl was always told to never go outside at night.

Of course after all this time the palace would have gotten word of the missing princess. Word of her disappearance spread all throughout Japan, everyone was on the lookout for her. After all, there was a big reward for the person who returned her. That person would never have to be poor again. The girl confronted her caretakers about her true identity and hoped that they wouldn't turn her in. In return, she would sell her robes and golden hairpins that she hid from sight. The couple willingly agreed and kept their promise.

Although, when she still wasn't returned after a month, the emperor took more drastic measures. In every village across the land, the residents were ordered to line up their daughters in the center square. Villagers that weren't accounted for were invaded by the palace guards. The elderly couple saw the guards coming up the mountain and told the girl to hide. The child was smart and ran out the back door. She knew that they would search the house and field for the missing princess, so she hid in a ditch that was half a mile away from the residence.

She was right, they searched every nook and cranny of the house, no matter how many times the couple said that they couldn't have children. When they finally left and were safely off the mountain, the couple went looking for the girl. The girl had seen the guards go down the mountain from her hiding place, the guards actually walked right past her on their journey back to the village. When the path gathered its silence, she scaled up the mountain to her home. Although, she had already lost her way, she hadn't noticed that she ended up in the wood... where the wolves prowl.

Hours passed and the girl hadn't returned. The couple came back up the way to their house to see if she passed them. But the shack was deserted. Darkness engulfed the lonely mountain and the woman began to sob. The only child they had would be eaten alive by the merciless wolves. The girl was just a child, she could not defend herself.

But, she wouldn't have to.

In the wood where the silver moon peeked through the cracks of trees, a man of culture sensed a youth in danger. Out of the shadows, a pack of wolves found their next meal. The girl screamed in fear, she had never seen such a ferocious creature while locked up in the palace, let alone a pack of them. Her amazement soon ended when one of them made its move. Almost like slow motion, the mysterious man sprang into action to defend the child. Warding them off with a single katana, its blade glistened in the moonlight, shining in strength. Only those from proper training and of great worth could wield such a weapon.

His swordsmanship was more impressive than her father's and the captain of the royal guard. It was magnificent and graceful, ruthless and precise. The girl was left in awe. Soon the battle was over and the samurai was still standing tall. He sheathed his sword and introduced himself to the girl. He was known as Honda Kiku. The girl was grateful to him, she wanted to do something in return. Kiku told her that her safety was enough. He escorted her back to her home with the elderly couple. But before she ran inside, he asked her for her name.

She told him that her name was Kimiko.

Years passed and Kimiko was soon old enough to marry. She didn't have anyone in mind, she wasn't ready for it either. She was still getting used to the fact that her guardians had perished a few months before. They left the house and all their possessions to her. But she was even more alone than she was before.

One summer day, she decided to take a trip to the river. The quiet life that resided there was something that she treasured and held dear. However, someone was already there. Kiku had the same idea. She was amazed that he looked exactly the same as he did the night that he saved her. When she confronted him, he told her his true identity as the representation of the land that she lived in. In return, she told him her true identity as the heir to the throne as empress. They were amazed at who each other really was, but either person still savored the friendship they had.

Months passed and a bond between the two grew. Kiku lived with Kimiko since she was so lonely and they both farmed together in the first three seasons. In winter, they would stay warm and tell folklore to each other. But the turning point in their friendship was when Kimiko fell asleep in Kiku's arms on a cold winter night. They didn't know it yet, but they liked each other more than friends.

When Kimiko finally realized her love for friend, she confessed to him by the river. Kiku was aware of his feelings for her, but he knew that they couldn't be together. Marrying the Emperor's daughter without his permission would be ludicrous. Plus, marriage between country and mortal was insane. It wouldn't last. When he explained this to her, she understood completely. Although, she still refused to give up. She loved him with all of her heart and Kiku felt the same way, they truly wanted to be together.

After many nights of compressing their feelings, Kiku couldn't take it anymore. He didn't care that it was a forbidden love. He would give up everything for her, even his immortality. That night, he proposed to her and Kimiko happily accepted. That was also the night that they both lost their virginity.

For many years, they lived happily on that mountain in that little house. Soon, Kimiko became round in her abdomen area, Kiku had to add an addition to the house. When the child was born, they raised it with everything they had. Soon enough, Kimiko became round once more. Another addition to the house was made for the new child.

That was the last child that Kimiko would ever bare.

She became ill a few months after her second child was born. Her sickness was on and off, but Kiku never faltered to nurse her back to health while taking care of their two children. With each passing day, they fell in love more and more. Their children, named Kimika and Haruto, learned of their parents origins and thought they had the coolest parents in the world. They were happy in their little house up in the mountains.

Seasons changed and birds migrated, but it was time for Kimiko to pass into the afterlife. The children were well into their own families and kept the stories of their parents in their homes. On her bed side, Kimiko had one last wish to tell her lover.

"Name my last granddaughter after me, if that happens, then I would have made my ancestry proud."

Kiku promised her that he would make it happen as he gave her one last kiss. They shared a hopeful gaze before she exhaled for the last time. As she passed, Kiku felt a cold presence hang over his shoulders. Her spirit would remain with him for the awaiting day of their last granddaughter.

Centuries passed and technology advanced. To keep up with the times, Kiku would add another addition to the house. Even as he grew older and he couldn't bend like he used to, he still worked on the house by himself, just like old times. He couldn't bare to leave that house and move, too many memories were held there. This first and only wife lived and died in that house, his children grew up and found families in that house. He felt that he could never be apart from Kimiko when he lived there.

Till this very day, Kiku kept living in that little house on that lonely mountain, half a mile away from the wood. That house is a lot bigger now, but ever so often, on special nights, you can still hear the laughter of a family that lived there many many years ago.

~ Present time ~

*Olivine's POV*

Today wasn't better for Kiku-san. He was still so gloomy and standoffish. He even locked himself in his room, the news is freaking out because his borders are closed. We tried to get him to come out, but nothing is working.

I can't get a hold of my 2p, I would love to have a word with her. As to why she killed such a dear friend. Also, what's up with her? Why does she expect me to remember her when I can barely remember being with Cody all those years ago? Doesn't she have something better to do?

"Kitty..." Heracles peeked into my room.

I guess I have been isolating myself too. I took a heavy hit when I learned the news. It really is my fault, I couldn't do anything to stop her.

If only I knew how to control my powers...

"Kitty?" He tried again.

"Y-Yes?" I spoke.

He brought me a basket of kittens and various cat toys. He came over to me, set the basket down, and sat next to me. The kittens were a rainbow of colors with different sizes. Some were smaller than others while others were a little bigger.

Two orange and white cats jumped out and started played with a toy mouse. Three others tumbled out, they were black, gray, and white. A few pawed at Heracles's swishing tail, they're so curious. I crawled over to him and positioned myself in a way that I was pressed against his chest. Then I reached up to his cat cars and rubbed them in a circular motion.

"Puuuuurrrrrr~" he cooed.

I knew that he would favor this.

He then wrapped his arms around my back and laid down. Two kittens came up to us and awaited attention. We couldn't help but to rub their little heads. I started to feel better, Heracles warmth and the kittens's adorableness has really helped me a lot. I think that Heracles should do the same for Kiku-san.

I think I'll take a nap while he's doing that...

~ Kiku's room ~

*3rd Person*

Curled in his futon like a sushi roll, Kiku suffered from a great loss and a high fever. Those two combinations did not go well for his country. As the news reported, he closed his borders once again. There's no word to when he will open up again. Any imports from Japan will have to wait to be shipped until further notice.

Suddenly, he heard a swish of the wind and a familiar presence opened his eyes.

"Kimiko?" He breathed.

Crawling out and standing up, the spirit of a long passed lover started to take form. There in her royal robes and golden hairpins, Kimiko stood before her old husband. Kiku thought that she was the most beautiful thing that he has ever seen.

"Kiku..." he spoke in her soft voice.

Kiku started tearing up from the sound of her voice. It's been so long since he heard it. Every memory they shared started to come back to him.

"Arigatou..." she floated to him and placed herself in his arms.

Since she was a spirit, she was cold. Plus his hands moved right through her, she couldn't really be held like she was all those years ago.

"You kept my promise..." she smiled.

"You... you can speak Engrish?" He was surprised.

Kimiko giggled at his pronunciations, "I've had a lot of time on my hands, being dead and all. You've done so much as a country, I am so proud of you."

He was glad to hear that, its been a while since he has been praised like that.

"I came to tell you that Kimiko is alright. She always knew that she was related to you. After all, she takes after you in many ways."

It was true. They shared the same eye color, hair color, and obsession with cute things. But, she also took after her grandmother of many great's. She has her sense of humor, kindness, and soft spoken voice. You could say that she looks more like her grandparents than her actual parents.

"Kimiko... I... I miss you... I miss you so much..." he cried.

"I know... I miss you too," she placed a hand on his cheek. "But I want you to do something for me, okay? I want you to confess to the one who loves you. And promise me to love him the way that you loved me..."

She placed her head on his chest, as if to hear his heart beat. Kiku was surprised that she knew about his long time friend. Then again, he had a feeling that she has been watching over him all this time. Kimiko looked up to her past lover with a hopeful gaze.

"If it's what you want, then I'rr do it. I promise," he nuzzled her head and kissed it as if she was actually there.

They parted slowly, not wanting to let the other go once again. Kimiko was starting to fade away, signaling their final goodbye.

"W-Wait!" He stuttered, wanting to say one last thing.

"Hmm?" She reappeared.

"Was I... a good husband to you? Do you think... I was a good father?" He was eager to know. He never once asked while they were together.

Kimiko thought then smiled the way that he loved, "You were the best thing that ever happened to me. I am so glad that I ran away from home. I never would have met you if I hadn't. And... I know that you were an amazing father. You took care of us so well, I know that you never once became selfish."

Relieved, he sighed and smiled.

"I love you Kiku, I always will. Please be safe and spread your love to others," she wished.

"I wirr. I rove you more Kimiko. Arways have, arways wirr..." he whispered as their noses touched.

As she faded away, they never looked away from each other. Their love was something that couldn't be broken. Although, it was time for them to move on. Kiku collected himself and finally opened his door into the light of the hallway.

As if fate predicted it, Heracles walked into his path. Kiku remembered his past lover's words and let the tears fall once more. When they were only a few feet apart, Kiku found his place in Heracles's arms. He was still crying, but he wasn't sad anymore. He found that piece to the puzzle that he's been missing since Kimiko passed.

All he had to do was look right next to him.

~ Later ~

*Olivine's POV*

I woke up from my nap in my Daddy's arms. He was sitting on the couch, holding me close.

"I'm so glad that you came back, I missed you," he nuzzled my forehead.

"I... m-missed you t-too..." I cried.

I squeezed him tight and gathered his scent of cinnamon tea. The tears didn't stop, I was happy to be back, but I also was still sad for what happened earlier.

"What's wrong? Did something happen while you were over there?" He asked with concern.

I nodded and brought my hands to my face.

"What happened, love?" I felt him plant a kiss on my forehead.

I heard footsteps come down the stairs.

"I'll t-tell you later... o-okay?" I turned my frown upside down.

"Ma petit Olivine has returned!" Papa smiled.

"Oui papa! I'll tr-try to stay l-longer this time," I smiled as I was handed over to him.

Once in his arms, I squeezed him and took in his lavender scent. I looked at him and wiped my tears away. He kissed my cheeks and my face flushed bright red.

"Olivine, are these your things?" Daddy asked, pointing to multiple bags on the floor.

"M-My stuff! It p-poofed with me!" I shouted excitedly.

Papa placed me down on the floor as I dashed over to my awaiting bags. My souvenirs from my time in Japan were still the bags. I also found my prizes from the festival and the Kimono that Kimiko made me...

Enough crying for today, this is supposed to be a happy time.

"Hey! The party don't start till I walk in!" An American voice called from the stairway.

"Alfred!" I cheered.

I ran up to him and hugged his legs. He swiftly picked me up and gave me a tight hug. I gathered his manly scent and snuggled into his comfy bomber jacket.

"I heard that you were in Japan, that's totally cool! I wanna to go the motherland of anime!" He was jealous but excited.

"Ah! I b-bought you something wh-while we were in T-Tokyo," I remembered as he placed me back on the floor.

Venturing into my things once again, I found the bag that was inspired by western media. I took out the Rainbow Dash plush backpack and presented it to him. His face lit up as he came down to my level.

"You... thought of me?" He became teary eyed.

I nodded, "I thought o-of you when I f-found this store. I h-had to get something f-for my big brother."

"You're the best little sister that I could ever ask for!" He squeezed me once more in pure happiness.

When he released me, Daddy caught my attention.

"Did you bring anything back for me?" He asked with a soft smile.

Papa was thinking the same thing, I could tell by his expression.

Searching through my bags once more, I found the green colored paper crane that I made at the festival. When I presented it to him, he received it with grace.

"How did you know that my favourite colour was green?" He asked.

"I d-didn't, green was m-my favorite color," I explained sheepishly.

I looked in my bags once again to see if I had anything for Papa. Finding nothing that I could give up, I presented myself.

"I b-brought back myself f-for you!" I turned to him as he came down to my level.

"I zhink zhats zee best souvenir zhat I could ever have," he petted my head on my sweet spot.

I guess it's still there, even though my cat ears are gone.

"I should call Japan to let him know that you're over here," Daddy informed.

Schnitzel! I have to tell him to be cautious! Kiku-san is still sensitive...

"Wait! D-Don't call him yet" I held onto his pant leg.

"What's wrong?" He was concerned for my actions.

I motioned him to lend me his ear. I leaned in and whispered, "Greece might answer the phone because Kiku-san just lost a dear friend. He's a bit isolated right now."

He looked at me and said, "Thank you for telling me, I'm sorry to hear that."

Papa and Alfred obviously wanted to know, they had no clue as to what has happened.

"What's the sitch? Does it have something to do with Japan closing his borders?" Alfred questioned as Daddy went into another room to make the call.

"Kiku-san is a l-little sensitive right n-now, but he sh-should open back up s-soon," I answered with a sympathetic smile.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Happy Birthday Iceland! (June 17th)

I kind of cried while writing this chapter. Stories like these... I get too emotional. Now I'm crying from two chapters... great T^T

I need snuggles TT^TT

Remember to Comment & Vote my Luckies!

BAI~! ☆〜(ゝ。

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.7K 498 47
Hetalia Oneshots * aph hetalia * 2p! hetalia * nyotalia Requests always open! **Just really whatever I feel when I write...
194K 3.8K 90
Hi! I'll be doing Hetalia x Reader oneshots! I might do lemons, if they are requested of if I feel the urge. There probably won't be many though...
787 8 73
Ciao! Moi moi! Watashi wa LA1327! So this will be a Hetalia fan fic! Songs and stuff are written here so Enjoy muchachos and senioritas Aru! Ve~ I'm...
4.6K 491 200
This is gonna be crack like and random stuff. I'll probably do some role play with characters. This was when I was a new Hetalia weeb, forgive my gra...