King of Death

By Kernia_

Adrik When I claimed her, that was it. I made her mine and betrayed her. She longed for a story that wasn't m... More

Author's Note
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Epilogue
Venomous Mistake

Forty-Three

209 11 1
By Kernia_

"I'm going to Mexico." I hear Marco speak to Adrik on the balcony. His tone sounds like he knew he shouldn't have said that line. It wasn't even a question either.

"What the fuck do you mean?" Adrik growls and goosebumps erupt on my skin. He didn't like that.

"I'm going to Mexico," Marco repeated, and I could hear him shrugging. He's been in and out of the house for a month, and I've grown used to his behaviour.

"You let her go, and now this." My husband releases a frustrated breath.

Were they talking about Clara? I haven't seen her since the wedding and never asked about her. I should feel bad, but I don't. I knew she was alive, and the last thing I wanted to do was add my two cents to something that didn't concern me. It would be fruitless, plus my concern is keeping away from stress with these twins.

"She needs me, Adrik. She's in fucking jail." There's a moment of silence. "And Mexican prisons are not fucking friendly." My mouth is open in shock, and my heart is skipping beats.

"If you go over there, I must come down to save your ass, brother. Listen. I have no fucking problem coming to rescue you, Marco, but my wife is six months pregnant, and I cannot leave her alone."

I feel bad for eavesdropping, but my feet are rooted to the floor. Adrik groans. "You know she is wanted. Hell, even she knew it, too. What the fuck will you do when you get there? Bail her out? For fuck's sake, the court won't grant her any bail. They're Mexicans, Bortsov," Yup. My husband was angry beyond belief.

"You throw Enrique Sanchez in the equation, and you have dead fucking bodies all around you." My brows furrowed, knowing I'd heard that name before in Edoardo's house. Isn't he a policeman?

"You would do anything for Giulia. You love her, and I'm going for mine." Marco hisses. There's a tense silence, and Adrik knows he lost this battle. "I'll be careful and not involve you in this. I've got it."

"Fuck!" A loud crash startles me, but I'm too far away to give myself away. "I know this is all kinds fucked up. If you die, I'll bring you back alive and kill you again."

Is it alright for my heart to be beating this hard? Marco was going to save Clara. Fuck! Only love can force you to walk through hell and back for a woman or man. He loves her, and Adrik couldn't argue about that. I'd walk through hell for him, and so would he. Would Clara do it for Marco? Did she want him to save her?

"I'm not easy to kill." Marco justifies, and Adrik grunts. "You don't need me—not now, at least. I'm doing this and returning no matter how long it takes."

"This is war." Adrik sounds almost defeated. My heart bleeds for him.

"I'll do it to save her."

"I knew you'd fucking fall in love with her." Adrik sighs. "Your death won't stop me from killing her. You'd better hope the both of you make it alive." Marco chuckles. It wasn't a joke!

"That's the plan." I continue walking to the balcony, and Adrik's eyes fall on me. They warm my body, and my skin pricks with heat.

"You look heaven-sent, Malyshka." He meets me halfway and kisses my lips.

"Thank you, baby, but stop ruining my lipgloss." I try to smile and pretend like I didn't hear anything. "Marco," I greet him, and the smile he gives me surprisingly reaches his eyes.

"Happy birthday, Butterfly." I'd given up on correcting him. Whatever I say or do won't stop him.

"Thank you." He hugs me and kisses my head. I could feel Adrik's angry eyes on him.

"I got you something." He retrieves a case from his suit and hands it to me. I smile, taking it. "Christian Dior. Your first sunglasses."

I laugh. "I'm not sure about that." I take out the black luxury and place it on. "How do I look?"

"Beautiful as always." Marco voiced. "Look, I'll leave you two to enjoy today. I have a flight to catch." He pats Adrik's shoulder. "Take care of my nieces," He pats my belly because Marco has become more family now. "I'll see you soon." I nod, not asking anything because I've already heard everything, and Adrik would just tell me anyway.

"How much did you hear?" Adrik grabbed me flush against him. "So exquisite." His thumb caresses my cheeks as he whispers the compliment, and I'm burning with need. Ignore the sunset and the heat it brings. He makes me hot with his dark eyes. They hold so much love.

"Hear what?" His eyes flashed with a warning, and my breath hitched. "Everything." He nods because he didn't have to repeat Marco's words. "Do you think he left here with a plan?"

"Marco always has a plan, Malyshka." He pecks my lips. "God, I love you."

I smile, bringing my hand to his beard. "And I do you. Are you alright?"

"Marco's never left me before, so it feels strange. I can't force him to stay when he is in love. I wouldn't waste a heartbeat if it were you." I'm frowning, and not because I'm confused, but feeling his hurt. He is worried about Marco.

"Love makes you do things that you never thought you could. It changes you, Malyshka. I never thought I'd love again, and it's nothing like I have ever experienced. It's more promising, scarier, pleasurable, and worth it with you." I'm breathing heavily, on the verge of exploding. This man is a romantic by heart and has claimed mine for himself.

"I'm standing here on my birthday with the man of my dreams, and he is filling my heart with his words. You've given me more than enough love."

"My love for you is everlasting. You feel me, and I do you in my bones, Malyshka. My love will never be enough because it's how badly I can't leave without you. When you're hurt, I feel it. When you smile, I feel it. Even when you cry, Malyshka, I feel it. Love is too little a word. It's adoration. It's a passion to hold you forever and never let go." My lips wobbled. I feel the same about this man, and I'm not ashamed about it. It's only him.

"Oh, Adrik. I love you. I love you. I love you." He pecks my lips and brings my ear to his heart. He finds solace in sniffing my hair, and we stand in each other's comfort.

"I have something to show you." He finally pulls away and takes my hand.

"It feels like deja vu when you brought me to see the reading room."

"It's even better." He escorts me up the stairs, and I frown. We pass our bedroom door and head to the nursery. We have only chosen the colours and bought the furniture together. "Happy birthday, my love." He opens the door and steps aside.

I gasp when I see a furnished room ready to welcome two angels into the world.

"Adrik." His name is silent on my lips. He has the room exactly how I wanted it. The beige curtains match the cradles and the large sofa in the left corner.

There's a hanging chair in the centre with a rug beneath it. A changing section for the babies and drawers that I pull out to find stuffed with clothes. He got everything.

"Do you like it?"

"I love it, Adrik. It's perfect." I turn to him and fling myself in his arms. "So perfect." I'm referring to the man he became and not the room.

He picks up on that and kisses me. I part my lips for him and moan when his tongue slides into my mouth. He had me this morning in bed and the shower, but I can't ever get enough of him. My hands touch the bulge in his pants, and he groans, pulling away from me. "I want you."

"I promise you will have me tonight." He wipes the smudged lip gloss around my mouth before he does his. "I made you wear this beautiful dress because I've made reservations at your favourite restaurant."

"You've already given me a laptop, a Kindle, a new phone and more diamonds. That's enough."

"It's never enough for my wife." He kisses below my ear. I throw my head back and laugh.

"And you can't threaten the owners of the diamonds," I warn.

"I threatened no one for the blue diamond, Malyshka." He smirks.

"Do I want to know the price? No."

"A few hundred dollars." He kisses my hand and leads me out of the room.

"More like millions." He laughs and shrugs.

"Who knows." I roll my eyes.

"Thank you again."

"You deserve happiness." I grin. I'd choose him ten times if it meant having his love this pure.

It's been an incredible month with this man by my side. He spent most days with me, and we took sea baths every evening.

How could I ever think he couldn't love me? He is giving me more than I hoped for, and my heart beats for only him—the first man I have ever loved. I wouldn't change my story if it meant having him.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

The power of love.❤️

Vote, comment and share.💛🖤💛

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7M 138K 43
Warning: THIS BOOK IS FOR MATURE READERS ONLY (18+). CONTAINS MATURE SCENES, VIOLENCE, AND LOTS OF CURSING. (A sequel to The Infamous Rafael Vali...
5.6M 158K 57
❝𝒉𝒆 π’Šπ’” π‘²π’Šπ’π’ˆ, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• π’Šπ’” 𝒂 π‘²π’Šπ’π’ˆ π’˜π’Šπ’•π’‰π’π’–π’• π’‰π’Šπ’” π‘Έπ’–π’†π’†π’βž UNDER EDITING - PARTS OF THE STORY WILL BE CHANGED. He is ki...
203K 4.2K 75
ANGEL He infuriated me ever since our first encounter. I admired his looks and patience he had while holding me hostage. But as the months followed...
1.3M 23.1K 91
"Fuck." She cries as my finger enters her wet cunt, fully. "More." Giana demands. "Yeah?" I mock. "Beg. You know how this works Giana, you don't make...