Anime One Shots (Character X...

By fem_satan

Animes I'll write for: Hetalia, Death Note, Pandora Hearts, Black Butler, Tokyo Ghoul, Ouran High School Host... More

Author's Note
Yukio Okumura x Reader
Finny x Reader
Makoto Tachibana x Reader
Russia x Reader
Haruka Nanase x Reader
Ja'far x Reader
L x Reader
Spirit Albarn x Reader
Gilbert Nightray x Reader
Hide Nagachika x Reader
Masaomi Asahina x Reader
Lelouch vi Britannia x Reader
Yato x Reader
Xerxes Break x Reader
Kotarou Fuuma x Reader
Sora (No Game No Life) x Reader
Aru Akise x Reader
Finland x Reader *Christmas Special*
Ryuuji Takasu x Reader
Italy x Reader
Laito Sakamaki x Reader
Shouta Aizawa x Reader
Nezumi x Reader
Questions

Kaneki Ken x Reader

893 24 4
By fem_satan

Friends Forever...?

Kaneki Ken x Shy! Reader

Tokyo Ghoul

/Thank you again to @jademichaelis for requesting it/
_________
This whole mess first started when I met Kaneki a long time ago through my friend Hide. The first moment I met him my heart started beating so fast you couldn't even count it. Well, it's been a long time now and I can't help but have the same insane beating of my heart every time I see him. I really am not as close to him as most people would think. My only real friend is honesty probably Hide. Even after knowing Kaneki for so long I still am to afraid to say something wrong and make him hate me to strike up a conversation. Sure, we talk but not much. I'm not very good with people... they make me nervous.

Anyway, Hide told me that he was going with Kaneki to the coffee shop and asked me if I would like to go. I don't know why they are going but if I get to see Kaneki why not.

I got to the shop and saw Hide and Kaneki at a table having their orders taken by a girl about our age. I can't quite hear what they are saying but she just ran away and Kaneki doesn't look happy from what he said.

"Oh hey (y/n), over here!" Hide shouts over at me causing all eyes to go on me. I look down embarrassed from the attention and played with the hem of my shirt as I shuffled to the table.

"Hi, (y/n)," Kaneki says.

*thump thump*

'You never fail me heart, do you...?'

"We were just talking about how Kaneki-" Kaneki looked like he was about to blush to death from what Hide was about to say then the bell on the door ring silencing him.

"She's... the one," they both stood up and looked over. I turned to look at who he was talking about. She was beautiful. She had glasses, long purple hair, she was tall, and had eyes to match her hair. Kaneki stared at her starry-eyed with a very distinct blush in his face. Hide then sat down.

"Don't even go there. It'd be like beauty and the whatever with you guys."

'Oh no, that's what he meant by she the one. He wants to date her. I can't compete with her! Say something to not have him ask her out! Why do I feel so sad... I know I like Kaneki but why does this hurt so much?"

"(Y/n), are you ok? You're crying..." Hide asked me. 

"Oh I'm fine I just have something in my eye... Well I better be off...haha" I looked down and rushed out of the shop. It started to rain. There was a tree nearby so I stopped and sat under it letting all my tears fall. It was hard to tell though through all the rain.

"Oi, (y/n)!! What's goin' on with you!?" I could hear Hide's loud voice ask as he ran to me.

"Nothing... shouldn't you be at the shop...?"

"I left," Hide sat next to me,"What's goin' on with you?" I just looked at him and quietly cried. Hide comforted me until I was done.

"Are ya gonna tell me so I can fix it?"

"I don't think you can fix this..." I whispered out in my usual quiet tone.

"Hey, I can try!" He laughed and I sighed.

"Ok... ever since I've met Kaneki I've had a huge crush on him..." He looked surprised but then smiled wide.

"Well that's easy just tell him and then you will live happily ever after!"

"I can't do that..."

"Why not?"

"What if he rejects me? You know full well I can't handle that. I barely have any friends as is. I can't lose one over this."

"Well I wish you the best of luck in your love life. And I would act up fast because he'll probably ask her out." Hide stood up,"Don't catch a cold in this rain (y/n)."

"I won't"

After Hide left I just decided to walk home in the rain. It was late so I just got ready for bed but I couldn't sleep, only think.

'Unrequited love...

The thing is Kaneki only wants me to be his friend. My one sided romance will end like this because I honesty am to scared to see what would happen if I were to confess...

Well, there's always tomorrow. Oh who am I kidding...'

--time skip Kaneki's pov--

I was finally released from the hospital after the accident with Rize and I can't help but feel weird. Something isn't right.

On the handle to my house I found a bag filled with foods congratulating me on getting released from the hospital. There was a paper inside with a note.

'From Hide and ... (y/n)?'

I'm surprised she knew I was in the hospital. Unless Hide told her we really don't talk much. Maybe because she doesn't talk much in general.

I was so tired though that I flopped onto my bed and fell asleep.

When I woke up, my TV was on so I decided to watch. It was about a ghoul's tastebuds.

'Why do all of these symptoms make me think of the hospital's food!'

I sprinted as fast as I could to the bag of food. I hesitantly take a bite of one of the foods. I had to run to throw it up. It was disgusting...

I tried everything and anything I had but no luck. It all tasted slimy and uneatable. I looked to the counter by me. I had a text.

'(Y/n)'

'She never usually texts me.'

I opened the text and read it.

'Look I know I don't talk to you that often and I don't know if we are considered 'friends' or not but I do know I'm really worried about you. I don't talk much and the last time I saw you I kinda stormed out but I hope you don't hate me. You've been in the hospital for a while and the people won't let me visit. I know you got out today so I could tell you this in person but I don't think I can. I'm to afraid to tell you in person so I wanted to tell you I-'

'Turning off'

The battery in my phone died. I can't believe (y/n) cares for me so much.

(Y/n)...(y/n)

*thump thump*

I bring my hand up to my chest. Why does my heart hurt so much. I never felt like this for Rize. Actually I have always felt like this with (y/n). I thought maybe it was because I felt weird that she never really talked much. Maybe it's friendship. No, I never felt like this with Hide. It's just her. Her quiet, shy personality. The way she plays with the hem of her shirt when she is nervous around a person. Her beautiful (h/l) (h/c) hair. Her sparkling (e/c) eyes. Her- wait I think I know what this is... I love (y/n). All this time a I was thinking about Rize and completely ignoring the fact that I have loved (y/n) for all these years.

Wait but I'm a ghoul now. I don't want to hurt her. Maybe it's better if I just tell her to stay away from me. It's probably best. If I want to protect the one thing I love I should stay away.

---time skip---

I told (y/n) to meet me. When I got there she was looking at the ground playing with her shirt.

'I have to do this!'

"Hi, (y/n) look I-" she cut me off by doing something completely out of character... she kissed me...

1st person pov~~

I know he called me here so he can reject me. I have to get over my fear and do something to stop him like Hide said to. I need to stop being so passive and shy about everything. I finally took all of the courage I could find that I didn't know I had and gave him a quick peck on the lips. And I immediately felt embarrassed.

"I-I'm s-sorry that was inappropriate... I'm so-" I was cut off by Kaneki's lips meeting mine. I could just feel my cheeks burn up in embarrassment.

"But what about the-the girl at the coffee shop... I thought you loved her... what about your date?" I said in my usual soft voice.

"She wasn't exactly the person I thought she was..." Kaneki replied looking at the ground. Something doesn't feel right.

"Are..." I couldn't finish the sentence of course that's him. But why does he seem different? Man, I'm so pathetic.

"What, (y/n)?" He asked me staring into my eyes.

'Come on you effing kissed him! Why don't you just ask?"

"Are you Kaneki...?" He looked at me confused. I can see him tense up at the question.

"Haha... I mean of course I am..."

I just can't help but think the Kaneki before me is not the one I met all those years ago. Something happened in the time he was gone. I don't know what it is but I do know that no matter what it is I can't help but love him anyway. Even if he doesn't anymore and even if it's hard for me to show it I will and always have loved Kaneki Ken.

Kaneki grabbed my hand and we just started walking around.

'What if people look at us. I'm not good with people...'

I fiddled with the hem of my shirt and look down embarrassed.

"(Y/n) look at me." I gazed up at him.

"Look I know you don't like attention but I want everyone to know that you are mine and I- well I... I love you"

I don't know where that came from but, if this change made him like me more I guess I can live with it...

Kaneki's pov~~

Maybe leaving her is impossible. I really do love her.

'I won't let anything hurt you, I promise'

________a/n_________
I hope that my one shot was satisfactory jademichaelis!!!
I'm not exactly a shy person so I hope I was able to make your character act shy...
Remember to request any one shot you want me to write from the animes listed in the description!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.6K 2.6K 87
Aleksi muuttaa Ouluun sijaisperheeseen. Miten se tulee vaikuttamaan hänen elämäänsä? Meneekö kaikki kuitenkaan ihan nappiin? Oleksi, jossa mukana myö...
27.2K 897 46
Nuori 24v tyttö Helsingistä on menettänyt elämänhalunsa kun erosi poikaystävästään Eetusta. Y/n ei enää kestä ja kävelee sillalle... Y/n törmää nuore...
40.7K 5.2K 32
Kim Taehyung, um rapaz transexual está vivendo uma nova vida tentando excluir seu passado e criar uma nova realidade para sua existência começa a tra...
1.1M 44.3K 74
Requests are closed. I write about Marvel character, meaning ones from movies and Tv shows. •Slow Updates• Created: February 16, 2016 Finished: Jun...