DESTINY'S FAVOURITE CHILDREN

By DilSeRe_

MS and Virat were happy in their lives, what happens when they get to know that they have another brother? Ho... More

Character Introduction
Prologue
1. Home? Is it?
2. Moments with Family
3. The New Beginnings
4. Truth or Dare
5. Cricket and Deshmukh family
6. Coaching under MSD
7. Virat's Day Out in the Academy
8. Rishabh and gang bunks school
9. Inside the Lion's Den
10. Rishabh's birthday
11. Homecoming
12. Party!
13. Family time
13. Virat Deshmukh
14. My Academy, My Rules
15. Girlfriend?
16. Gully Cricket
17. The Fanboy
18. A Deadly Beamer
19. The Audacious Virat Deshmukh
20. The Transformation of a reckless teenager into a responsible parent
21. Cool Guardian?
22. The Troublemaker
23. The Four shenanigans and the Bike
24. To a Lion's Feast
25. Album of Memories
26. Mother
27. Mahi's childhood
28. The blossoming of a Relationship and the Teasing joys
29. Trip Gone Wrong
30. Mahi Bhai's kids
31. What googling your symptoms leads to!
32. When Side-Effects Show Up!
34. The Grumpy Virat
35. Suspension!
36. Ambiguities
37. The Sequelae of Jealousy
38. Teacher's Day!
40. MSD and the Indian Cricket Team
41. Let the Wounds Heal
42. Virushka?
43. Rab ne Bana di Jodi
44. Parents to be
45. Missed you!

39. Teachers day - Virat's version

1.2K 124 20
By DilSeRe_

Virat was mad at their manager. The guy had told him that they will reach mumbai by afternoon. It was already 5 of evening and they were yet to board their flight. The last match of the three match t20i series between India and England was happening in Mumbai. Virat was hoping to reach home early. It was teachers day and he was looking forward to greet his coach, Rajkumar Sir and Mahi bhai. It had been more than a couple of years that he couldn't wish them in person, though he always made sure to reach via text or phone.

"Bunty ask one driver to get a car on mumbai airport. Abhi ek ghante mein. " Virat dialled his manager. He didn't want to get more late than he already was. "Aur sun, usko bolna Mahi bhai ko na bole ki mai aa rha hoon"

The whole family was having dinner when Virat barged in unannounced. He freed his hand from the trolley bag and jumped to get attention, spreading his both hands comically, "Guyss, guess who is backk", he shouted giving a toothy smile.

Rishabh jumped from his chair and ran to hug him, " Aapne bataya kyun nahi ki aap abhi aa rhe ho? " , he asked spreading his arms around his abdomen.

"Usme ye maza thodi aata" Virat said as a matter of fact, shrugging his shoulders.

"Aur Rishu, kamaal kar diya puttar, chha gaye. Naam roshan kar diya tune, I'm very proud of you", Virat kissed his temple, congratulating him for the recently concluded national u16 tournament.

Rishabh's eyes misted as he looked down to not let Virat see it. Till this moment he didn't know he was craving for this moment this much. Your idol saying he is proud of you, this was his moment to cherish forever. Although he had told him on phone several times, but this, him saying this while kissing his temple, hit different.

"Oye tujhe kya ho gya? " Virat asked as he saw the tears in his eyes. He hated tears, especially when he saw those in others eyes.

"He is overwhelmed Virat. Jab aap kisi ko dekh ke khelna shuru karte hain, wahi insaan aapke khel ki taareef karta hai toh kaisa lagta hai? " Meera smiled as she walked to them.

Virat looked at her startled. He hadn't really thought that way. He clearly remembered the moment Sachin Tendulkar said he saw himself in him when he played. He had come running back to his room and felt his tears flowing while smiling like an idiot. He was no Sachin Tendulkar, but he had no doubts about how much Rishabh admired him. The feeling overwhelmed him.

He put a friendly arm around Rishabh's shoulder when he spoke next, "Go finish your dinner Rish, I have something for you"

Rishabh's eyes glittered. "Kya laaye ho aap mere liye? Abhi dikho na? Kha liya maine khana"

Virat smiled, he looked like a 10 yo. He forced himself to harden his voice, "Finish your dinner Rishabh. Plate khali kar, fir milega" .

Rishabh showed him his puppy eyes, "achha thik hai, bata toh do kya hai? "

Virat shrugged, "Again, usme kya maza? "

Rishabh scrunched his nose and went back to his chair once he knew Virat won't budge. It was better to finish the business fast and come to real work.

"Tu kal aane wala tha na? " MS asked as he came to hug him.

"Kyun? Aapko khushi nahi hui aaj aa gya?" Virat replied and instantly regretted when a hard whack landed on his head. "Isliye kyunki airport aana hota hai, ya gaadi bhejni hoti hai. " MS said as he raised his hand to whack him again but Virat immediately buried his head into his chest, saving himself from the whack. He slowly looked up to see Mahi bhai's expression and relaxed when he saw him smiling.

"Bachcha thodi hu bhai mai? Airport se ghar tak toh aa hi sakta hoon na " Virat spoke against his chest.

"Aur bunty se bol diya tha maine gaadi ke liye" Virat added, "meri chinta karte karte aapki daadhi dekho bewaqt safed hote ja rhi hai"

"Shut up cheeku. Kitna bolta hai tu" MS smiled patting his back lightly, "Bata kya khayega? "

"Yaar aap apna toh khana khatam karlo pahle. Sach mein galat time pe aa gya mai" Virat shook his head.

"Kha lunga mai" MS said firmly, "Ja fresh hoke, change karke aaja. Bata kya banau?"

"Kuchh bhi halka bana dena" Virat answered.

When Virat came back downstairs, he could smell a delicious aroma coming out from kitchen. He wondered what Mahi bhai was cooking. "Bhai kya bana rahe ho? " Virat asked peeking into the pan.

"Kuchh nahi. Daal hai bas. " MS answered while doughing the floor.

Virat sniffed it again just to be sure. He was sure there was some magic in Mahi bhai's hands and the kitchen of their home. Daal never tasted this good when he ate it elsewhere.

He sat on the slab and went into details of what all happened during the tour. "Bhai Rohit baat nhi kar rha mere se" Virat told in between.

"Kyun? " MS asked.

"Meri koi galti nahi thi. I just teamed up with jaddu to prank him. Ab he bathed with blue dye aur uski wajah se wo late gya aur usko coach se daant pad gyi, isme gussa hone wali konsi baat hai batao? " Virat asked making the most oblivious face.

"Coach ne tujhe nahi daanta? " MS asked.

Virat grinned. "He doubted on me par I escaped"

MS shook his head. Virat was a total child, but he was also a menace. Poor rohit was the one who fell prey to Virat's pranks nine out of ten times.

"Bhai bookh lagi hai, kab banega? " Virat whined just for the sake of it.

"Ban gya bas. Wo plate de udhar se, aur ek katori bhi" MS commanded and Virat obliged.

Once Virat was done eating, he scurried to Rishabh's room, which was their permanent shared room since Rishabh's arrival at home.

"Kitni der laga di aapne. Jaldi dikhao na kya laaye ho aap" Rishabh threw his hands in air when he saw Virat entering the room.

"Patience kiddo, it goes very long way in cricket" Virat preached.

"Whatever, I'm not playing cricket right now. Jaldi karo naa" Rishabh whined.

Virat shook his head as he opened his bag. The kid was actually a whinier version of himself.

Virat took out a new bat from his bag and handed over to Rishabh. "Agar weight wgerah adjust karwana ho toh batana mereko", he told his little brother.

Rishabh held the bat, kissed it and got down mimicking some of Virat's trademark shots. " Everything is alright bhai. I love it. Thankyou" , he said hugging Virat.

Virat patted his back lovingly, "itte se mein khush ho gya? I had something else too, but if you.. "

"Aur bhi hai? " Rishabh asked in surprise.

"Haan ye toh waisa ho gya na ki padhne wale bachche ko books gift kar di. Now I've something real fun" Virat stated and Rishabh squealed.

"Itna suspense mat banao bhai yaar aap. Jaldi batao kya hai" Rishabh stomped his fist on Virat's thigh.

"Okay, okay. Uthne toh de mujhe" Virat chuckled.

Rishabh was over the moon when Virat took out a brand new gaming console from his bag. Their previous one had bugs sometimes, though rarely. He hugged Virat enthusiastically telling him how much he loves him.

"You liked this one more than the bat na? " Virat asked chuckling.

"That's an illegal question" Rishabh shrugged.
"Chalo inko set karte hain aur ek game khelte hain" Rishabh suggested.

"Baad mein Rish. Pahle mujhe ek kaam hai" Virat replied as he went back to look for something in his bag.

"Kya dhundh rahe ho bhai? " Rishabh asked when Virat couldn't find what he was looking for.

"Camouflage padded airpodes the, bhai ke liye" Virat replied.

"Aapne pakka isi bag mein rakhe the? Dusre bags mein check karein? " Rishabh suggested.

Virat agreed reluctantly. He was kinda sure he had kept them in the front pocket of the same bag. But now that he couldn't find them, there was no harm in checking other bags.

"Kya hua? Kya dhundh rahe ho? " Meera, who had just entered the room, asked.

"Bhai kuchh gift laaye the bhaiya ke liye, wo mil nahi rha" Rishabh told her.

"Koi baat nahi. Doodh peelo dono, fir try kar lena. Mil jaayega" Meera reassured them

"That was a teacher's day present mumma. Ek toh mai already late hoon, I haven't even wished him. Aur ab ye.. " Virat huffed. He was frustrated. It hadn't been easy for him to get those airdropes within a couple of days but he got them somehow. He didn't want to get his present ruined due to anything.

That's when it hit him. He had put them in a special box which he kept in the drawer of his hotel room. He had taken the box to put in the bag but he didn't remember putting the box in the bag. He palmed his face, how could he be so stupid! That was Rohit's department, not his.

"It's okay cheeku. Wish toh kar aa pahle, they can be retrieved, right? Baad mein de dena" Meera sat besides him.

"I had a nice plan mumma. Aise man nhi kar rha" Virat uttered.

"Tu jaake usko pyaar se bolega na, uspe bhi he will be on moon, feelings matter karti hain bachcha. Aur teri feelings Mahi se achha kon samajhta hai? " Meera told.

Virat looked up at her. She was right, but he couldn't let go the disappointment of his failed plan.

"Achha mere sath aa" Meera said as she dragged him to the small temple of their home. Rishabh too tagged behind them.

Meera picked up the 'pooja thaali', lighted the diya, prepared it and handed it to Virat, "You know what to do right? "

Virat bobbed his head in yes. He had seen videos of people celebrating guru purnima. So he had no idea of how it goes. This was a brilliant idea, he thought, but he had a doubt.
"Mumma, isko clockwise ghumana hai ya ulta? "

Meera chuckled. She took the thaali from Virat and demonstrated him, "easy?"

Virat shook his head, "I don't know. But I'll manage"

Meera pulled his cheek lovingly, "Mahi study mein hai. Go"

To say MS was surprised to see Virat coming in with the aarti ki thaali would be an understatement. He was massively shocked. What was this new prank that Virat was trying now? Rishabh tagging behind him only raised his suspicions.

Sakshi stood up as soon as she caught Mahi's eyes. She didn't know what the boys were planning, but if these two were together, then it would be total chaos.

"What happened? " Virat asked when he saw his Bhai and bhabhi's faces.

"What happened? " MS questioned back.

"Mujhe? " Virat asked, "kuchh nahi"

"Ye thaali leke kyun ghum raha hai fir? " MS asked.

Virat looked at his thaali. So that's why they were surprised?

"Hmm" Virat spoke confidently, "Aap khade ho jao"

"I'm working cheeku. I'm not up for any kind of pranks right now" MS spoke, digging his eyes into the laptop screen.

"Bhabhi aap bolo na inko. Sachchi koi prank nahi kar rha, bachche pe bharosa hi nahi hai inhe" Virat uttered dramatically.

MS rolled his eyes, but stood up. "Haan bol ab"

"Idhar aa jao please" Virat spoke, indicating at the empty space in the room.

MS came as directed. Virat came to him and did his tilak. MS was taken by surprise, he was not expecting that. It was indeed not a prank!

"Cheeku what are you doing bachcha? " MS asked to which Virat just indicated him to shush by putting a finger on his own lips. "You'll know", he signed him and started doing the aarti. Sakshi sat down on one of the chairs, recording the moment. She could see the naked adoration in Virat's eyes and overflowing love in her husband's eyes.

Once the aarti was done, Virat put the thaali on the table and bent down to touch his brother's feet, his first teacher and his mentor for life. He hazily remembered the day when MS taught him how to handle the bat. He also remembered clearly when MS taught him to handle the steering of the car. MS was the one who taught him to handle the slopes of life. MS made him stand up and hugged him.

"Happy teacher's day bhai" Virat whispered while hugging MS. MS patted his back and kissed his forehead, "Hamesha khush reh beta. May you achieve everything you want"

After what seemed eternity, Virat left MS. He was content with himself, he didn't know why he didn't think of celebrating the day like this earlier. It did give divine feelings. He had to thank Meera for the idea.

"Bhaiya mujhe bhi aise hi karna hai" Rishabh spoke.

MS looked at him bewildered, "Rishu, you've wished me already bachcha, haven't you? "

"Haan par aise nahi kiya tha na" Rishabh whined, "I like this one better"

"Mahi kya ho gya? Kya hi dikkat hai? Bachche ka man hai toh karne do na" Sakshi spoke. Virat followed it with "Haan bhai, you don't mind blessing Rishu twice, right? "

MS had to agree. Rishabh came to him with a 440 watt grin. He was very excited to perform it. Before Virat, he had only seen it on tv. Looking at him, MS could hardly suppress his chuckle. The kid looked so cute that he was dying to pull him in a bone crushing hug already.

Once Rishabh was done with MS, he turned to Virat. "Bhai, aapki baari"

"Mai? " Virat asked if he had heard right.

"Haan" Rishabh confirmed.

"Arey? Kya shauk hai ye ab? Aise thodi hota hai" Virat uttered rolling his eyes.

Rishabh pouted at him. Sakshi jumped to Rishabh's side immediately, "Virat, he is trying to show the respect kyunki usne kuchh seekha hai tujhse. Now will you stop being an idiot and take it respectfully? "

"Par bhabhi this is reserved for teachers and I'm not the one" Virat spoke, "We are friends first, haina Rish. I taught you how to sneak out and I play prank wars with you, we are partners in crime yaar"

"Virat shut up" MS spoke finally, "Listen to him first"

Rishabh took the clue and started speaking, "Aapke pahle teacher bhaiya the na, mere aap the. Maine yaha aane se pahle jitna bhi cricket seekha hai, aapko dekh dekh ke seekha hai. Your batting videos are like textbooks for me, you know right? Toh how is it fair if I don't wish you today? "

Virat just smiled. He never knew how to react when someone showed you this much respect and admiration. He could deal with pranks and aggression much better than this.

"Aap convince ho gye ya.. " Rishabh spoke and Virat did a mock bow, surrendering himself.

Rishabh came and performed the ritual. All through the aarti, Virat just smiled graciously but when Rishabh bowed down to touch his feet, he bowed himself and took Rishabh's hand in his, extending into a handshake. He was taken by surprise when Rishabh touched his feet by other hand.
"Give your blessings cheeks" Sakshi encouraged when Virat just stared at Rishabh dumbfoundedly.

Virat shook his head and hugged Rishabh. "May you get all you dream. And you'll be a better player than me"

Once they parted with the hug, Virat ruffled his hair rough and added, "Only if you stop eating aloo parathas"

Rishabh scrunched his nose and hit him on chest with his fist. Virat gave a fake wail and looked at him disapprovingly, "We don't hit teachers like that Rishu. Bad manners"

Here's the Mahirat version some of you asked for.

Many of you have asked for angst/jealousy. Honestly speaking, I suck at this plot. I might try it in the story, but really can't make promises. Hope you understand, sorry :/

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 912 17
This story revolves around brothers who can die or kill for each other. Mahi and Virat 2 brothers who are each others strength and weaknesses, Mah...
61.3K 3.7K 33
Story of two best friends who were always there for each other in their highs and lows ! Will their relation survive a tough challenge ? To know mo...
32.1K 1.2K 27
This is a story of 20y/o girl disguising as a boy to join the ict because bcci needs a player like her.
14.4K 1K 8
Just what the title says, book on one shots of ict bonds with Virat