⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ ⋇ 🎤ᴊᴀɪʟᴇʏ ᴏɴᴇꜱʜᴏᴛꜱ🎸...

By Tiya_TealTea

Ayo, I'm a huge Jailey obsessionist, so why not write some oneshots for these two cuties? Characters belong t... More

✨Stargazing✨
💘The Things I Love About You💘
🎄Mistletoe🎄
💛The Taste Of Your Lips💛
🐽Giggles & Snorts🐽
💓Your Warm Embrace💓
💤Sleep With Me💤
🌌Cuddles At Night🌌
💗Love Solves Everything💗
💕Passionate Love💕
💙Wearing His Hoodie💙
💄Lip-Balm💄
❄Winter Warmth❄
💌Love Letters💌
🧹Exertion🧹
♂️ Genderbends ♀️
💋Goodnight Kisses💋
💜You're Too Cute💜
🍷Drunk In Love🍷
❣A Vampire's Blood Bites❣
🌃Quality Time In Bed🌃
💊Your Love Is My Drug💊
❤Bites Of Love❤
🏖Beach Date🏖
🌹She's My Lady Love🌹
🖤Your Soft Cheeks🖤
🌙Night Hugs🌙
💖Morning Affection💖
☀️Someday☀️
💔Don't Ever Leave Me💔
💚Holding Hands💚
🌧Kiss In The Rain🌧
👑She's The Motherfucking Princess👑 (Pt. 1)
👑She's The Motherfucking Princess👑 (Pt. 2)
🌸Romance Movies🌸 (Smut!)
🌺You're Beautiful🌺
🌠Come Home Soon🌠
🔥In Love With A Criminal🔥
💟Sparks Between Us💟 (Smut!)
🍡Chewing Gum🍡
🌥Talk To Me🌥
💞Kiss Marks💞
🦋Time Alone🦋
🥂The Nightclub🥂 (Pt. 1)
🥀Judas🥀
🔴Hot 'N Cold🔵 (Smut!)
🌡Under The Weather🌡
🥂The Nightclub🥂 (Pt. 2)
🌈I Dream Of You In Colours That Don't Exist🌈
🤍His Cozy, Navy Jacket🤍
❤️‍🩹I Need You More Than Air❤️‍🩹
🫧Complicated Feelings🫧 (Pt. 1)
🫧Complicated Feelings🫧 (Pt. 2)
🧁Cupcakes🧁
💫A Day With The Brothers💫
💉The Lab Experiments💉
🏳️‍🌈Coming Out To Him🏳️‍🌈
🪻Double Date🪻
🦇You're Perfect For Me🦇
💸Nice Guys Finish Last💸 (Pt. 1)
💸Nice Guys Finish Last💸 (Pt. 2)
🧸Warm Cuddles🧸
🪷A Heartfelt Reunion🪷 (Smut!)
🔗Broken Roads🔗
🍋Lemon Boy🍋
🩷If You Love Me For Me🩷 (Pt. 1)
🩷If You Love Me For Me🩷 (Pt. 2)
⏳️Five Minutes⏳️
🫶More Than Anything🫶

🌻The Hanahaki Disease🌻

1.3K 21 194
By Tiya_TealTea

Dark splotches of a crimson substance were spattered out into a sink along with some yellow flower petals that had once belonged to a sunflower. They graciously landed themselves as they fell onto the sink's surface. The washbowl was becoming covered in the contents falling in as a teenage girl stood over it, holding onto the basin for dear life.

Tears of hurt stung her grey coloured eyes while she continued to cough out the flower petals that grew from inside her lungs. This was happening consistently now, and she hated it. It just wouldn't stop. Recently, throughout her days, Hailey Austin was having to see herself in a bathroom, right in front of a mirror, standing over a sink, and coughing up petals, particularly those of a sunflower.

The pain was absolutely unbearable for Hailey to handle. She didn't know how much more she could take. It was killing her inside. Out of everyone, it had to be her who developed the 'Hanahaki disease'. A condition in which the victim coughs or throws up flower petals when they suffer from one-sided love. Unfortunately, this was exactly what Hailey was going through right now. She deemed herself as one of the most unluckiest individuals on the planet earth.

How could this happen to her, she thought.

Why did this have to happen to her, she wondered.

Why did she have to fall in love with him?

School was over for the day, and most of the students had already gone separate paths to get back to their own homes. Hailey had originally planned to head home after a long, tiring day with her brother Zander and childhood best friend Luke. However, here she was in the school bathrooms, coughing up so much petals to the point where it was excruciatingly painful. Hailey felt weak and powerless, like there was nothing she could do except suffer. She had sensed that she was definitely going to be having more petals and blood come out from inside her body as the school day ended.

Hailey had made up an excuse to Zander and Luke of having to stay back in the school building to work on technical issues with Sean before finding herself in the situation she is currently in. The last thing she wanted was for them to find out she had the Hanahaki disease. How could she tell them this? It was just too much. Hailey knows that they are bound to find out eventually but she figured that was something for her future self to worry about.

Hailey had been dealing with this disease for a while now. Her lifestyle had changed since then, and her health was slowly deteriorating more and more with each passing day. She had no idea how much time she had left. It is only a matter of time before Hailey's lungs get filled with the flowers and the roots grow in her respiratory system. Since she has done nothing about the disease so far and has been merely dealing with it, it was only getting worse and worse, and more uncomfortable as it was gradually entering the last few stages.

Hailey took a deep breath to herself, coughing up the last few petals for now into the sink, along with some blood. Once that was finally done, Hailey closed her eyes and sighed. A single tear fell down onto her cheek, sliding down her pale skin. Then, another seeped out from her eyelid, making it two. Then it was three. Then four. Then five.

Oh.

She was crying.

Who wouldn't be?

Hailey wiped away all her tears as best as she could. She gazed up at her reflection in the mirror, taking a look at the awful state she was in. Hailey was an emotional train wreck. She was mentally and physically drained. This disease was really taking a lot out of her and was using up all her energy. It hurt for the girl to just move a muscle. She didn't know how to function properly anymore.

Hailey glanced down at the handbasin and started to examine all the flower petals she had coughed up. She could feel her hand reach out into the sink and pick up one of the bloodstained petals. She held it up to her face between her index finger and thumb. She took a slow breath and her eyes closed for a second, then opened again as she drifted into thought.

"Sunflowers.."

Hailey heard her own voice in her conscience.

"Jake's favourite type of flower.."

She stared at the petal for a few more seconds before her grip on it began to loosen. It wasn't long before the floral leaf fell softy from her fingertips and back onto the sink's surface. Hailey assumed she was finished another coughing fit and she could leave the school bathrooms now, which is what she had been wanting since she came in there. It was a relief no other students were in the bathrooms with her to witness this horrific sight that was in no way pleasant to see or experience.

Before leaving the facility, Hailey turned on the tap and watched the delicate water wash away all her misery. Of course, she didn't want to leave a mess in the sink. It would have been like her own little message to the school that she was suffering with the Hanahaki disease. The truth would soon enough step into the light and be revealed to those she loved, but Hailey didn't want anyone to know as of now. She hoped she could keep this secret even for a little while longer.

Once all the sunflower petals and blood had been cleansed, Hailey turned off the faucet and stopped the water. With an apathetic sigh, Hailey began to walk away from the washbasin and was heading towards the direction of the bathroom's front doors that would lead her out. Hailey reached her hand out onto the handle, and pulled it open. Her eyes were remaining fixed onto the ground.

"I hate my life.." She thought to herself.

Hailey finally stepped out of the bathrooms after all this time, hearing the door shut behind her. She was just about to trudge her exhausted self through the school hallways and leave the building until suddenly, she felt a hand pull her back from the shoulder.

"Hailey...?!"

Hailey could feel her heart sink to her stomach once she heard that voice. She knew exactly who that voice belonged to, and it was the last person she wanted to see, hear, or be near right now. She had been staying away and maintaining her distance from said person, but it looks like they were going to bump into eachother eventually, and that was happening right at this moment.

Though she really didn't want to, Hailey steadily turned her head around to meet the eyes of the one who had abruptly grabbed onto her collarbone like that. She was holding onto her breath unknowingly, praying to herself that maybe, just maybe, it wasn't who she thought it was. That maybe she had imagined that specific voice to call her name out in such a manner a few seconds ago.

But of course, the cards were not playing in her favour. They never were.

Sure enough, she locked eyes with the person she expected to see behind her.

And that person was everything to her.

The love of her life. Her best friend and soulmate.

Someone she has been yearning for.

Someone she had desired for so long, and still does to this day.

That person was none other than Jake Sterling.

"Hailey! Thank God! Are you okay?!" Jake exclaimed, showing signs of worry and concern. He didn't even wait for the teal-haired girl to give a response before he pulled her into a massive hug. He held onto her tightly, and was leaving Hailey stunned at his actions.

"J-Jake..?" Hailey could only mumble out as she was feeling confused. Jake had popped out of nowhere and was now here hugging here like there was no tomorrow. She didn't know what to do. Should she hug him back regardless of how puzzled she was feeling? She wasn't sure, so all she did was stand there instead.

"Hails, I was so worried about you!" Jake replied before breaking the embrace apart. "I-I heard you..in the bathroom..coughing so..so vigorously! I got so scared! What happened?! Are you alright?! I wasn't able to go into the bathroom to check up on you so I had to wait out here. You sounded like you were in pain!"

"Jake..what are you even doing here..? Why didn't you go home?" Hailey gathered her thoughts together and looked at him seriously.

"I..I had to stay back with Ms. Jones for something school related. I was about to leave the building until I heard you. I couldn't help myself, Hails! Can you please tell me what happened?! Are you in pain?! Are you sick?! You know you're my best friend right? You can tell me anything..!"

Jake held onto her shoulders, desperately wanting answers to explain this entire situation. Hailey had no idea what to tell him. Should she make up a lie and say she has a sore throat and it's just a dry cough? But then, why else would she be in the school bathroom coughing, as Jake described it, 'vigorously'.

"Uhm.." Hailey rubbed her arm, refusing to meet his eyes. "It's nothing, Jake. Don't worry about it. I'm fine.."

She was lying. Jake knew she was lying. He saw right through Hailey.

"Hailey, you're not fine!" Jake hooked her chin so that her eyes could lock with his. "You don't look fine. You don't sound fine. It sounded like you were practically throwing up in there! Hails, I know you well enough to know when you are lying to me, and this is one of those times. What is going on..?! Please princess, tell me.."

Jake suddenly grabbed onto both her palms and gave them a gentle squeeze. The gesture made Hailey blush to herself. "Hailey...I heard you in there. There is something wrong with you. You can trust me, okay? Tell me. Let me help you. You can't keep this to yourself and expect everything to be alright then. Please..?"

Hailey felt like she was close to tears. She had no clue on whether there was even a point in lying to Jake anymore. What was the use? He basically caught her red-handed. Hailey stroked his fingers benevolently, secretly adoring how smooth his skin felt. She grasped onto his hands in return and then let out a shaky breath.

"C-Can we go to the rooftop..? I..I want some fresh air.." Hailey told the blonde-haired singer. Jake heard her sniffle quietly and it made his heart sting. There was definitely something wrong with Hailey and he was determined to find out. She meant more to him than anything.

"Yeah, of course.." Jake spoke to her in a calm voice. He tried to make eye-contact with her, but Hailey kept looking away from him. He decided to leave it be, and just take her to the rooftop. Maybe there, she would reveal to him on what's going on.

----

The door leading inside the rooftop was pulled open as two teenagers walked in, closing the door behind them to ensure themselves a little bit of privacy. Hailey sighed uncomfortably, but also felt a bit of relief as the fresh air hit against her skin. The school was way too warm inside for her liking. She was happy to be outside, however she remembered why she was out here in the first place. She was here with Jake, who wanted answers to his questions.

Jake turned around to look at her. "Hailey...what's going on? Now tell me.." He crossed his arms and held a perplexed expression on his face mixed with concern as well. Hailey rubbed the back of her neck, not knowing where to start or even go about this. How was she supposed to tell him in the lightest way possible without him freaking out?

"Uh..." Hailey was lost for words. Out of everyone on the planet Earth, Jake was the last person she wanted to ever find out about this. She would rather tell anybody else but him.

"Hailey, please..? Are you sick with something? If you are, just tell me.." Jake gently grabbed onto her shoulders, seeming even more determined now. Hailey already wasn't feeling good beforehand but now, she felt like dying. This is one of the worst situations she could have ever been put in, she thought.

"Okay...I'll tell you. Just..don't freak out..too much.." Hailey finally spoke up after all this time. Jake was surprised at this statement she had just made, but he decided to go along with it and not question it any further.

"I..I can't make promises to that but..I'll try. I'll really try for you.." He nodded his head and bit his lip nervously.

A silence fell upon the two for a few seconds as the cool breeze made their locks of hair flow and dance with the wind. Hailey cleared her throat slightly to break the awkward quietness and a sad sigh left her lips.

"Jake...have you heard of the Hanahaki disease..?"

Jake stared at the girl in disbelief. He couldn't believe that those two words had come out of Hailey's mouth. He hoped his hearing was off. He scanned her facial expressions to see if maybe she wasn't being serious and was possibly exaggerating. Unfortunately, Hailey appeared to be telling the truth.

"Hailey...no.." Jake began to shake his head. "No, no, no...don't tell me.."

She wasn't able to hold it in any longer. Tears were starting to flood in her eyes, thus making her vision blurry. One single bead dropped out of her eyelid along with a sniffle.

"Y-Yes, Jake...that disease? I..I have it.."

.
.
.

"NO..!"

Jake unexpectedly yelled out in despair which startled Hailey and made her jump. He cupped both of her cheeks and gazed solemnly into her dark eyes that looked as if though all of its colour had been lost. Hailey could sense her countenance heating up at Jake's touch, but she knew he was paying little to no attention to that anyways.

"Hailey, are you being serious?! You...have the Hanahaki disease?!" Jake sounded like he was about to cry at any moment now. His heart broke into more little pieces when he heard Hailey hum in reply, telling him 'yes' without the usage of words.

"So..you're in love with someone that doesn't love you back?! Who is it?! We-We need to talk to them now!" Hailey could hear all the fear and panic in Jake's voice. She appreciated him looking out for her, and she did truly find it admirable but it just wasn't enough for what she was going through.

It doesn't help that Jake is the one she is pining over as well.

"Jake, I...I can't say who it is. I just can't.." She murmured very quietly, blinking back the tears as best as she could.

"No, Hails. I wanna know. I need to know. Atleast give me a clue. Please, I'm so worried.." Jake wrapped an arm around her collarbone and stroked it, hoping it will soothe her in some way. "Any clue at all on who you love.."

Hailey went quiet for a few seconds, which soon turned into a full minute. Jake didn't rush her or question why she was being so silent. The poor girl was already going through a lot right now. He knew he should let her take her time, no matter how long it took. It was best to be patient when handling something like this, Jake figured. Though he was incredibly concerned, he tried to calm himself down and not show Hailey that because he didn't want her to become more worried or stressed.

"Sunflowers.."

Jake heard Hailey say that single word, almost in a whisper. He raised an eyebrow in perplexity and scratched his head a bit. "Sunflowers..?"

"I'm coughing up sunflower petals, Jake. That's..the hint I'm giving you.." Hailey told him right off the bat and glanced over at the rooftop's fence. She hoped Jake would get the hint soon, feel awkward, walk away, and leave her so that she can suffer alone like always.

Jake drifted deep into thought, and was thinking hard about the hint Hailey provided for him. Sunflowers. What does that mean? Okay, Hailey is coughing up flower petals that belong to a sunflower, and usually when someone has the disease, they may cough up flower petals significant to the one they love. The petals sometimes may represent the affections and personality of their loved one.

"Wait.." Jake could feel reality sinking in, his hazel eyes widening in shock. He slowly laid his irises upon Hailey, who was still keeping her eyes fixed on the fence. "Hailey...now I might be jumping to conclusions here but..sunflowers..are my favourite type of flower.."

"There. You got it.." Hailey gave a defeated response.

"Wh-What?!" Jake exclaimed in pure astonishment. He then walked himself right in front of her so that he could see her face. "Hailey, you love me!? I'm the one you love?!"

Hailey didn't reply this time. She merely nodded her head, rubbing both her arms at the same time. A line of blush began to spread across her cheeks. She stared down at her brown boots and kicked them against the hard ground.

"I..I don't believe this..! Hailey, I seriously can't believe you love me! You know I love Dai-"

"DON'T SAY IT! PLEASE..DON'T FUCKING SAY IT..!"

Jake took a step back in fright when he heard Hailey practically scream at the top of her lungs in agony. He then watched her drop down to her knees while covering her ears. Now, the tears were showing themselves as Hailey cried helplessly below him.

"P-Please.." She sniffled and breathed heavily. "D-Don't say it, Jake.."

"Hailey...Hailey, no..." Jake bent down to her level and cupped her cheeks again. He pulled Hailey into a hug and rubbed her back. "Hails, I...I'm so sorry. This is all my fault. You're going through this pain..because of me.."

Hailey hugged him, crying into his shoulder. "D-Don't blame yourself for my suffering.." She then broke their hug apart and stood up. Jake looked up at her as Hailey towered above him. "There's no hope left for me.."

"Princess..don't say that.." Jake said, his voice shaking. He watched as Hailey began to take a few steps towards the fence. She then leaned against it and sat down with her knees up. Her countenance had the appearance of all hope and ambition lost. Hailey was clearly on her last strand here.

Jake stood up and made his way over to the fence as well. He took a seat next to her and gently held her hand. The action made Hailey blush immensely. She immediately glanced away from him, not daring to meet his eyes in any way shape or form.

"Hails..look at me.." Jake spoke to her. He stroked her knuckles and fingers, which made Hailey turn red even more. Knowing that Jake wouldn't stop until she did what he asked, she slowly turned her head around to look at him.

"Hailey...you know you can get the surgery right? It'll cure you of the disease.." The boy suggested the idea to her. He prayed mentally that Hailey would atleast take the idea into consideration.

It didn't take long for Hailey to immediately shake her head to that idea. "Jake..no. If I get the surgery, do you understand what happens as a result? I will lose all my feelings and memories of you. I won't remember anything of you.."

"But, Hailey...your life is more important!"

"I don't care! I don't wanna forget you! We have shared way too many memories together. There's so much I wanna remember.."

"Hails...I understand you. But, if you don't..you'll die! I can't lose you! Do you know how much people it'll impact?! I can't lose you! I won't lose you!"

"But can you love me..?"

"...Hailey, please...don't.."

"Then I'm not getting the surgery. I'm not forgetting you! I can't forget everything we shared.."

"Hailey.."

"No."

"Hails-"

"I said no..!"

Jake was about to give up on arguing against her. He rubbed his eyes and a tired sigh was heard from him. "Hailey..your life is on the line here. Don't you get that?! Please, listen to me!"

Jake could hear Hailey sniffling under her breath, and it wasn't long before she started to cry into her knees. Jake froze at this, and his heart throbbed in pain looking at the state of her.

"Hailey, no no, don't cry.." He wrapped an arm around her and held her close. "Hey..shh..I'm here with you. I didn't mean to make you upset. I'm sorry, okay? I know you're suffering right now. Shh, calm down.."

Hailey hugged him with a firm grip, sobbing into his chest. She was snuggling her face into him and she found this to be extremely comforting and warm. Being in Jake's arms was all she ever wanted. He was the only one for her and that is never gonna change.

"H-Hold me..please.." She mumbled with a little hiccup.

"Okay, okay...I will.." He reassured her soothingly. He ran his fingers through her hair and rubbed her back up and down. At this point, they were basically cuddling but Jake didn't care. Hailey needed him right now, and she was his top priority at the moment.

Hailey shivered as Jake's touch made her get goosebumps all over her skin. She took a few deep breaths to calm herself down and closed her eyes while leaning her head on his chest. She could hear his heartbeat, which was beating at a pretty fast pace.

"Hailey..?" He called out her name softly.

"Hm..?" She could only hum at this point.

"You will not die, you hear me?" Jake glanced down at her, still stroking her blue, luscious locks.

"Jake...there's no point.." Hailey sighed in defeat.

"No, Hailey. You will not die. I will not let that happen. Not on my watch. You mean so much to me and many others. No matter what you say.."

He cupped her cheeks and gazed into her eyes. He then kissed the top of her forehead for a few seconds and moved his lips away.

"You. Will. Not. Die."

~A few days later~

Jake was situated in his stuffy, cozy bedroom. He was on his phone and was scrolling through some old pictures in his gallery. His pet dog, Oreo, was resting near him, giving the latter all the company he needed. He was able to sense that his owner's mood was off. That there was something that was eating away inside of him.

The blonde-haired teenager was laying on his side as his eyes went through the many photos stashed in his album. He didn't skip a single one that had her in it. Whether she was in the background, the main star of the photo, or was the one taking the selfie, Jake didn't care. He just wanted to see her.

A single teardrop unknowingly slipped out his eyelid. Jake didn't even know he was crying until now. He felt Oreo huddle up to him and lick away the tear from his face. Jake smiled at his pet and good friend, ruffling his fur.

"God, bud...I'm really gonna miss her." Jake told Oreo, massaging his ears. "But..it's for the best.."

Oreo whined a bit at Jake's sadness, now too feeling upset for his owner. Jake sniffled to himself and gazed back at his phone, wanting to look at the pictures again. He missed her so much. He wouldn't stop thinking about her. He was just hopeful that she was doing okay.

For Hailey was in the hospital, going through the surgery as we speak.

-End-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 25 9
Taking place 8 years later and never met Max after the performance. Jake has long since moved out, cutting contacts from everyone. But after 8 years...
60.2K 1.4K 33
A new game has come out, and everyone at school is trying it. It's called "The Love Letter Game". You must give your crush a series of anonymous lett...
31.6K 439 18
So ya I'm going to make some DrewxJake one-shots because they are my ships and most of them will be smuts. So read at your own risk ^^ I make fluff...
3K 62 9
A week has passed since the music competition and school has finally become a much more welcoming environment for the music club. Although Hailey Aus...