WE NEED EACH OTHER [DRARRY]

By seriouslymeh

This must be a mistake... I scanned the crowd until I found the silver eyes. They looked back, blank. *** Wha... More

Introduction
Aesthetics + Playlist
CHAPTER ONE : DRAMA
CHAPTER TWO : AGREEMENTS
CHAPTER THREE : RELATIONSHIPS
CHAPTER FOUR : THE ROYAL GALA
CHAPTER FIVE : THE ROYAL GALA (PART 2)
CHAPTER SIX : THE ROYAL GALA (PART 3)
CHAPTER SEVEN : TRAIN GOSSIPS
CHAPTER EIGHT : ENROLLMENT
CHAPTER NINE : BACK TO HOGWARTS
CHAPTER TEN : BACK TO HOGWARTS (PART 2)
✨ BONUS CHAPTER ✨
CHAPTER ELEVEN : MORNING MISHAPS
CHAPTER TWELVE : SWITCH PLEASE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN : UPS AND DOWNS
CHAPTER FOURTEEN : NOT-SO-ENEMIES
CHAPTER FIFTEEN : EVENING AT HOGSMEADE
CHAPTER SIXTEEN : THE ACTUAL FIRST DAY
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN : MUTUAL FRIENDS
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN : FIGHT IN FLIGHT
CHAPTER NINETEEN : STANDING UP
CHAPTER TWENTY : LETTERS CREATE MATTERS
CHAPTER TWENTY : LETTERS CREATE MATTERS (PART 2)
✨BONUS CHAPTER TWO✨
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE : WARNINGS
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO : PLOTTING THE PLANS
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: SEEKERS ASSEMBLE
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR : SECRETS ARE OUT
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE : SCARED, POTTAH?
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX : MALFOY VS. POTTER
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN : HIDE AND SEEK
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT : ACHOO!
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE : DORMMATES?
CHAPTER THIRTY : LISTENER
✨BONUS CHAPTER THREE✨
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE : STUCK WITH WORK
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO : SNOGGING
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR : SNEAKIN' IN AND OUT
CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE : BONDING
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX : APOLOGIES AND PRESENTS
CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN : THE INVITATION
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT : THE PARTY
CHAPTER THIRTY NINE : THE KISS

CHAPTER THIRTY THREE : FROWNS AND SMILES

178 19 18
By seriouslymeh

Thursday 17th September

Draco's POV

"I swear to Merlin, if Slughorn doesn't shut up, I'm going to quit potions forever," I said. I could already feel the beginning of a headache.

During Potions class, Slughorn had shoved us some more parchment, and now I was extremely reluctant to complete this stupid outline.

What is the worst he can do? Give us detention? He can't even do that!

Potions class had ended, and we were back in the room of requirement. The room somehow extended while we were gone. Now, there was a fireplace and a whole new shelf of books.

When I realised it was past six in the evening, I packed up my quill and notes, dumping them unceremoniously in my bag. But I noticed Potter wasn't packing at all, just staring into the distance with a cold expression.

After Astoria handed him the letter, I noticed how awfully quiet Potter was. Weaselbee's plan of arrival seemed to put him in some confusing state.

I wondered whether he realised it was time to leave already. After watching him for a few more moments, I decided to speak.

"Are you planning on returning to the dorm?" I asked, sliding my books into my bag and closing the clasp.

"The outline isn't complete yet," Potter replied dully, not looking at me.

"Well," I said, standing up. "Good luck with that, then. I'm leaving."

That made Potter look at me with a cold glare. "Where do you think you're going?"

"To... the dorm...?" I hesitantly replied.

I wasn't sure when Potter's mood had taken such a turn, but I was not enjoying it.

"You're not going anywhere." Potter stood, his jaw clenched and eyes hot. "The outline is both of our responsibilities, and it's not complete yet. You need to stay back and help as well."

"Potter, we have the entire week. Give it a break, will you?" I probably sounded like a whiny child, but I really couldn't help it. "I don't want to spend the rest of the day doing potions."

Potter fixed me with such an intense look of hatred that I could practically feel magic crackling off him.

"Shut up and take this," he hissed, shoving multiple pieces of paper into my hands. "You work on this."

Alright then...

"What happened to the previous papers I worked on?" I scanned over the parchments, then glanced back towards Potter.

Potter shrugged, sitting back in his place and fiddling with the parchment. "They had a few mistakes, so I got rid of them."

Why is he being so rude?

"I guess you should have been more focused while doing your work," he drifted away, expression still stormy.

I sighed. There was clearly something wrong with Potter. I couldn't make out what bothered him. Was it the letter from before? But I didn't see any reason why he would be mad at me for that.

"What's the matter?" I gave up and walked closer, placing my bag down again.

"Nothing..." Potter replied, writing on one of the sheets.

"Then why are you acting like this?"

"Acting how?" He arranged the sheets and stood to get another parchment from the shelf.

"You know what I'm talking about."

"I don't," he said without looking at me. He was still walking away, so I grabbed his hand to stop him, my fingers tugging at the soft, woollen material.

"What's the matter?" I asked again, pulling him closer.

Potter rolled his eyes, shaking his hand free from my grip. As soon as my hand dropped, he walked away to the corner of the room again.

I rubbed my temple slightly. This was not helping my headache.

I walked over again, prepared for the worst.

"Look, I don't know what I've done to make you act like this..." I carefully said. "But if you won't tell me, how will I know? So, tell me, what's the matter?"

Potter looked at me, stubborn annoyance flashing through his eyes.

"This student program means a lot to me, Malfoy," he started.

I opened my mouth to reply, but Potter cut in again.

"I came here to work, not hang around with my girlfriend like you." He crossed his arms, eyes flashing dangerously. "And if you're not serious about this program, don't ruin it for me. Don't make me pay for your carelessness."

I blinked, taken aback.

So this was what it all was about?

"Potter..." I replied slowly, "I'm not trying to ruin anything for you."

Potter sarcastically smiled. "Oh, of course not! I'm the one that's busy cozying up with my girlfriend, and you're the one actually putting effort into work, right?"

"I-"

"I come back from my class, hoping you'd have worked on at least something, but all I find is a blank parchment, with not even fifty per cent of the work completed," Potter scowled. "Because Mr Malfoy has to spend time with his girlfriend. Of course! And who cares about the work? You're here to hang out with your girlfriend."

I bit the inside of my cheek to stop myself from laughing. But it was no use. I let out a little chuckle.

"You find this funny?" Potter glared more harshly, cheeks colouring.

"Sorry," I replied, swallowing the laughter. "It's just that I didn't expect this to be the reason you were mad."

Potter huffed, reddening even more. "Are you calling me silly for wanting to get work done?"

"No," I replied, "I found it funny because it's such a trivial problem, and if it bothered you, you should've mentioned it earlier."

Potter rolled his big green eyes at me. "As if you'd listen to me when you've got your girlfriend to keep you company."

The corner of Potter's mouth hitched up. "As soon as she says—" he put on the most obnoxious high-pitched tone, "—oh Draco, my darlingest love ever— I've already lost you."

A surprised laugh escaped me. Partly for how wrong Potter's tone was and partly due to the way he phrased it. I spent a few seconds trying to compose myself, a fist over my mouth, while I tried to contain the laughter.

Potter looked offended and he glanced away.

"Astoria doesn't say that," I managed to choke out.

I took a few more moments to cease the bubbling laughter. Potter looked at me with the corner of his eyes, his lips controlling a smile.

"Can you— can you do that again, though?" I asked in between my laughs.

Potter turned and hit me a couple times on my shoulder. "Stop. Making. Fun. Of. Me."

"Alright, alright," I said, catching my breath. "What do you want me to do? I'll do as you say."

Potter was smiling too now, something that made me feel warm.

"I want you to keep your personal life separate from your professional one," Potter said, crossing his arms on his chest. "And also, you won't spend time with your girlfriend while we're working."

"Your wish is my command, your majesty." I dramatically bowed, still chuckling.

"Say it properly," Potter ordered.

I raised my hands in defeat. "I promise not to hang out with Astoria while we're working," I said as solemnly as possible, my lips twitching.

Potter seemed more calm now, almost reassured. He nodded gravely. "You better stick to your word, Malfoy."

He glared at me, arms still crossed as he huffed.

I rolled my eyes and nudged him. "Oh, cheer up!"

This made him break into a smile.

Harry's POV

It was my chance to sleep in bed. Malfoy would be sleeping on the sofa tonight. He was cleaning it behind me as I made the bed.

As I pulled the sheet, I heard Malfoy ask, "So, how are you planning to sneak in Weaselette?"

To be honest, it had slipped my mind. I hadn't given it much thought after I read it. Of course, Ginny could visit on Saturday. There were rules, but we could take care of that. But she needed a foolproof plan to sneak inside the castle, and I hadn't paid attention to it as much as I should have.

Coming from Malfoy, it sounded even more surprising, as I had also forgotten that Astoria, and he had read my letter over my shoulder.

I stared at Malfoy without replying, so he raised his brows. Then, as if he remembered, he said, "Oh, I'm sorry. I mean, Weasley— your girlfriend. I meant no offence."

"Uh- yeah," I cleared my throat as I broke from my chain of thoughts. "I- I haven't thought about it."

"Well, I suggest you should," Malfoy said. "It's Friday tomorrow. And she's visiting on Saturday. Astoria has already made plans for what we're doing together."

"What do you mean?" I raised my brows.

"She says since Weasley is visiting, which means she will be staying in our dorm, I should give you some privacy," he shrugged. "That means we can be somewhere together for the night."

"Oh," was all I could say.

"Yeah," Malfoy said as he turned back to clean the sofa. "Astoria's even offering help to sneak in Weasel."

"Do you think she can help?" I asked, grabbing the pillow.

Malfoy shrugged. "I mean, she always says how she has advantages as a prefect. Perhaps it's time those advantages are really put to use. Rather than just announcing herself in here."

I chuckled. "Alright, I'll try asking her about it."

"How about Longbottom and Lovegood, though?" Malfoy asked. "Are they willing to help?"

"Well, I haven't told them yet, so..." I kept my pillow back in its place, "...I don't know."

"Oh, alright," he said. "Try talking to them. They'll most probably cover for you."

I nodded with pressed lips.

"Don't tell too many people, though," he said. "Too many people means news can spread faster. And there are chances you will get caught by McGonagall. You don't want that."

I hummed as I nodded.

"I'm sorry that you will have to spend a night outside the dorm," I said as I plopped on the bed. I felt I should apologise since Malfoy was ready to make adjustments for me, no matter what was in for him.

Malfoy waved his hand, his back toward me. "That was going to happen sooner or later. Astoria always said how she wanted to spend a night with me at Hogwarts."

I laughed, feeling amazed by Malfoy's readiness to spend a night outside the dorm just so I could have some privacy with Ginny. Of course, he could have asked us to go outside and have the dorm to Astoria and himself.

Perhaps it didn't matter to him where he was as long as he was with Astoria. I wish that could be the case with me.

Thinking of Ginny's visit and that we would get to be alone in a room together, I couldn't help but panic over the intimate situations I would have to face. I couldn't say I was ready for it, though I missed her very much. And I didn't know how I could deny her what she rightfully deserved.

I watched Malfoy sleeping on the sofa. He looked quite comfortable with Astoria today, cuddling with her. Honestly, I envied him. I wish I could be more like him when it came to love.

//Yeah.... we're on a roll with the chapters :)
this one is short and sweet, and I CAN'T WAIT FOR GINNY TO ARRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND I NEED ANSWERS!!!

COFFEE OR TEA!??!

And thats all :)

I hope you enjoyed <33

Have a great day everyone!! 

//

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 236 86
"Please don't, for one second, ever doubt my love for you. That's the only thing I'm sure of." ** What happens when a Half-blood Hufflepuff sweethear...
51.5K 3.1K 62
The impending Second Wizarding War brings two people from opposite worlds together. She, of grace and gentleness, her life torn apart by a tragedy. H...
337K 14.7K 54
After the Second Wizarding War, Malfoy found himself alienated from the majority of the school; his old friends just irritated him, all of Hogwarts'...
215K 10.2K 29
"It's one of the commandments after all Harry, love thy enemy." "I'm pretty sure that's not one of the commandments Ginny." "Oh whatever, he knows w...