Unlawfully His

By LouTaekoo

{Completed} Breaking the law has never been one of Jeongguk's life goals as a well respected Marine. However... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 - Collision
Chapter 2 - Blood
Chapter 3 - Refill
Chapter 4 - Debt
Chapter 5 - A New Low
Chapter 6 - The Solution
Chapter 7 - Support
Chapter 8 - The Plan
Chapter 9 - Togetherness
Chapter 10 - Official
Chapter 11 - Matrimony
Chapter 12 - Reconciliation
Chapter 13 - Scared
Chapter 14 - Boiling Point (m)
Chapter 15 - Blue Mist (m)
Chapter 16 - Goodbye
Chapter 17 - Letters to my love
Chapter 18 - Heartbreak
Chapter 19 - In Sickness And In Health
Chapter 20 - Grievance
Chapter 21 - Broken Promises
Chapter 22 - Home
Chapter 23 - Faรงade
Chapter 24 - Recovery
Chapter 25 - A Cry Of Help
Chapter 26 - Unbreakable
Chapter 27 - Can't Stand The Heat
Chapter 28 - Iguana
Chapter 29 - Faded
Chapter 30 - Comfort
Chapter 31 - Silk Sheets (m)
Chapter 32 - Could this be love? (m)
Chapter 33 - Exertion
Chapter 34 - Preparation
Chapter 35 - Gathering
Chapter 36 - Tangled With You (m)
Chapter 37 - Memories
Chapter 38 - Golden Blue
Chapter 39 - You know what they say about paradise?
Chapter 40 - There's Trouble
Chapter 41 - Was it inevitable?
Chapter 42 - Good things
Chapter 43 - Come to an end
Chapter 44 - The Heartbreak Of Mistakes
Chapter 45 - Oh How Far The Mighty Can Fall
Chapter 47 - Forevermore
Thank You ๐Ÿ’œ

Chapter 46 - Showtime

324 26 5
By LouTaekoo

No one's POV:

The large mahogany doors of the judge's entrance swung open and a tall man with wool like black hair strode through with surefooted steps. His dark skin made for a stark contrast to the white and khaki uniform that he donned.

His whole aura screamed authority and demanded respect. From the crisp, wrinkle free uniform to his neutral yet somewhat threatening expression.

Footsteps echoed in the large room as the military judge's black shoes pressed against the marble floor.

"May the court rise."

On the command, everyone inside stood up and waited until the man made his way up to the judge's bench.

He motioned for everyone but those being tried to sit down yet again and clearing his throat, the judge began to speak, "Good morning. Be seated."

The deep baritone voice of the judge echoed in the room as he announced the case. "We're here today for a hearing in the case of Lance corporal Jeon Jeongguk. Jeon Jeongguk stands accused of entering into a fraudulent marriage in order to collect BAH and FSA pay in violation of article 132 of the UCMJ."

Adjusting his glasses slightly, the judge looked down at some papers that had been passed to him by the clerk. "We have a signed affidavit from Min Jaesung's testimony of the fraudulent marriage."

The large document had a statement claiming that the marriage was formed on criminal motives.

In other words, Jaesung had screwed them over.

Jeongguk's face morphed into a scowl when that traitor's name was mentioned. Jaesung was once so reputable and now he is anything but.

This was his final stab to cause damage but it didn't surprise either of the husbands.

"Lance corporal Jeon Jeongguk's husband, Kim Taehyung, is a civilian so his case will be referred to state authorities and they may pursue criminal charges. They will have access to the transcripts of these proceedings." Jeongguk's expression grew lighter at the mention of his husband. He threw a look over his shoulder into Taehyung's direction, only to find the male giving him a reaffirming nod.

Taehyung didn't look right though.

The joy had been sucked out of him. His eyes were subtly red and swollen with an empty look echoing through his pupils.

Taehyung wasn't just tired. He was utterly exhausted.

Drained.

And yet there he was, putting up a brave front just so Jeongguk wouldn't feel so desperate and alone.

That was when Jeongguk knew what he had to do.

He had thought about it for a while now but didn't know whether he would ever be able to go through with the plans.

But seeing Taehyung- his Tae- like that.

Well, he had never been so sure of anything.

So, leaning over to his lawyer, Jeongguk whispered, "I wish to make a statement."

The judge continued to speak about the case and today's proceedings but all of it seemed like a blur. Jeongguk had set his sights on what needed to be done and anything else in the peripheral quickly became irrelevant.

The lawyer looked shocked, his mouth parting slightly as he replied, "Lance corporal, I cannot advise that. If you don't say anything then we have a good chance of winning. Just-"

"Tell the judge I'd like to make a statement." Jeongguk asserted, cutting off his defense.

The lawyer gave up his protests and the room fell to near silence yet again aside from the judge's announcements and the click clack of the stereographer's keyboard.

"Lance corporal Morrow how do you plead?" The judge finally stated, soon after Jeongguk and his lawyer had stopped talking.

"Your honour my client wishes to speak." The lawyer announced instead as the judge motioned for Jeongguk to stand.

Taehyung looked on in total confusion and was in a further perplexed state when Jeongguk turned around to look at him. The Marine's Adam's apple bobbed as he swallowed thickly. Taehyung was barely able to make out what Jeongguk mouthed as he squinted his eyes and furrowed his eyebrows.

From what Taehyung could tell, the words that Jeongguk mouthed were "You're going to be okay now."

But that didn't make any sense at all. Why would he be okay now? Was he not okay before?

"You may proceed." The judge spoke as he motioned for the Marine to stand.

Then Jeongguk began his statement, "Sir. I coerced Mr Jeon into marrying me he didn't know that it violated military law I assured him it didn't. I bear the full of responsibility and I'm prepared to face the consequences of my actions."

After those words echoed through the court room, Taehyung felt his whole world crumble into a pile of dust.

"Very well, then I find you guilty."

Taehyung couldn't stop shaking his head. He didn't want to believe what he just heard.

"Lance corporal, as you are aware, the average sentence for this crime is six months prison time." The judge declared, adjusting his glasses.

He shook his head again. Six months?

The consequences for future employment would be devastating.

Jeongguk would be gone for six whole months. The mere thought made Taehyung feel jittery as he shuffled uncomfortably in his seat.
With each word, Taehyung's face began to pale. This was exactly what he was afraid of. This was exactly what he wanted to prevent.

And yet, here it all was, playing out in front of his very eyes. Taehyung was drawn like a moth to a flame and yet he couldn't bear to look.

He truly didn't know how Jeongguk managed to sit there with a neutral face. No worry or fear was present.

He was cool, calm and collected.

Pretty much everything that Taehyung wasn't right now.

Even as the claims were laid out in front of Jeongguk, he gave no reaction. He just- sat there.

Maybe it is because he is used to dealing with pressured situations. Perhaps it is because really beneath the surface Jeongguk felt like curling into a ball and hiding from the world.

Although Taehyung hoped it was the former, it was probably a combination of the two.

Even as the attention of the court room turned to the young Marine, there were no evident emotions engrained into his face.

"However, due to the exceptional circumstances of blackmailing and receiving evidence of a threatening phone call to your spouse, the court will not press that sentence. Instead you will be discharged for bad conduct and be given the minimum sentence of repaying all money collected from BAH and FSA pay as well as an additional fine of $15,000." The judge declared.

Jeongguk just stood there.

Of all the outcomes, he had not predicted this.

And yet, he would not be court martialed.

"Given the outcome of this trial this court will not refer Mr Jeon Taehyung's case to the local authorities." The judge finally concluded with a bang of his gavel.

Once that sound echoed through the court and people began to empty out, a mop of brown hair pushed through to get to the front.

After emerging from the sea of people, Taehyung collided into Jeongguk, pressing his face into his husband's neck and breathing him in.

Jeongguk had put everything on the line for Taehyung.

He was honourable and it just wasn't in his nature to lie. There was no way Taehyung could be mad after such a noble action.

That was when Taehyung knew he couldn't be prouder to call this man his husband.

Jeongguk had felt a huge force slam into him from the side. A huge relief consumed him when he realised it was his Taehyung.

An even greater weight was lifted when he knew that meant Taehyung wasn't angry with him.

That was the greatest pressure of them all.

The outcome was bittersweet in some ways.

Jeongguk would never be a Marine ever again.

His family was still disappointed in him.

But that was the least of his worries.

What mattered is that there wouldn't be months of incarceration for either him or Taehyung.

Jeongguk's biggest concern was that Taehyung would be taken away from him. But now that just wasn't the case because his love was here, in a safe, secure embrace.

Right where Taehyung belonged.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

526K 22.1K 35
Marriage is the biggest commitment a person commits to. Divorce is an option but you will always have the 'divorced' stamp on you from the eyes of th...
30.6K 1K 51
(Complete) I trust your choice appa, I will marry him~ Jungkook Jimin you are right, he's the one for me~ Taehyung ____________________________ Hubb...
355K 12.8K 40
Jungkook:WHAT?! WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU SAYING MOM?! I'LL NEVER MARRY HIM!! Taehyung:w..what?! HUH WHAT?! WHEN DID I SAY THAT? Kids?!!! With that rabbi...
268K 13.9K 25
By Marrying a Complete Stranger, what Jungkook is expecting.. A beautiful life with all Giggles and Happiness?? A sweet Gentlemanly husband who treat...