Tracking The Bounty{HunterxOC}

By xoautumnbratxo

Aurora Ealis is a Bounty Hunter who thinks that it's best to be alone in life. With no one to care for, loss... More

Author's Note #1
Rescued By The Batch
Taken
Gone Again
Rampage
Decommissioned
Just A Bounty Hunter
Battle Scars
Reunion
The Bounty Hunters
Feelings On Felucia
Common Ground
Devil's Deal
I Don't Trust You
Blind Betrayal
The Poison Chosen Especially For Aurora
The Tension is Strong With These Two
It's Not A Date
War-Mantle
Return To Kamino
Kamino Lost
Death Of A Princess
Spoils Of War
Ruins Of War
A Risqué Mission
Shooting Stars
A Bounty On The Bounty Hunter
Kidnapping A Queen
Faster
Entombed
Haunted By The Past
Tribe
Boyfriends and interrogations
Truth and Consequences
Just A Dance
The Crossing
Retrieval
Red Bandana's
Metamorphosis
Making Amends
We Shouldn't Feel This Way
Gone With The Wind
A Thing Of The Past
What Happens Now?
Pabu
First Day To The Rest Of Our Lives
Tipping Point
A Day To Remember
The Summit
Plan 99
The Aftermath
Rotation 96
Paths Unknown Pt. 1
Paths Unknown Pt. 2
A Different Approach
The Return
The Calm
Infiltration
Extraction
Bad Territory
The Harbinger

Infested

273 8 2
By xoautumnbratxo

Aurora was walking through Ord Mantell back to Cid's Parlor. She dropped off some more grenades to Fennec and Aurora tossed the sachet of credits in her hand. She hoped to beat the boys and Omega back from their mission so that way no one asked questions. Well more like Hunter asking questions. She thought with a chuckle. She turned a corner and who does she bump right into?

The Bad Batch.

"Aurora?" Omega questioned.

"What are you doing outside the parlor?" Echo asked.

"I went for a walk." Aurora quickly said. Hunter was the only one to notice she quickly pocketed something and that her response was a little too quick. But no one else thought it was weird. "So how was the mission?"

"Horrible. There were Gundarks everywhere." Echo commented and the group continued on walking.

"Aww, I'm sad I missed all the fun." Aurora said. The group made their way closer to the parlor and they noticed all the helmeted men that loitered around the place. Aurora slowed her pace down until she was right next to Hunter. "You noticed too?" She whispered.

Hunter only nodded his head but the group made their way inside the parlor.

"When did this place get so popular without Aurora?" Echo asked. Aurora hid a smile.

"And who are they?" Tech pointed.

"Not our problem." Hunter said. "Let's find Cid." They started walking to Cid's office when two Pyke's walked out. Aurora's eyes grew wide and she kept her focus straight ahead.

Don't recognize me. Don't recognize me. She thought, but the Pykes eyed all of them but continued on their way. Aurora let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. She was so focused on the Pyke's that she didn't see Hunter stop and she bumped right behind him.

"Where do you think you're going?" The masked guard asked. Aurora noticed the man had a hand on Hunter's shoulder.

"Oh no." She whispered.

Hunter grabbed the man's arm and punched him in the face twice and the man went flying into the wall and slumped into the ground. The group stepped over him and moved into Cid's office. Once inside two more masked men pulled their blasters out and the boys and Aurora pulled out their blasters. Aurora shoved Omega behind her.

"It's rude to barge into one's office unannounced." A man said from behind the masked men.

"Oh no." Aurora rolled her eyes.

"This isn't your office." Hunter responded. Wrecker and Echo turned around to hold their at the other guards in the door.

The Devaronian scoffed. "Guess again." He picked his feet off the desk and made eye contact with Aurora. "My my. The Space Princess lives."

Hunter looked at Aurora and he could see flames in her eyes. Clearly the nickname upset her. "Don't." She said through gritted teeth.

The Devaronian smiled. "Wait, you know him?" Hunter asked.

"Not him but I knew his mother. Worked with her before." Aurora didn't take her eyes off him. "Never got to meet the spoiled brat she raised."

He laughed. "Me? The spoiled brat, my dear if I recall correctly he was that-"

Aurora cocked her blaster and took a couple steps forward. His men pointed their blaster at Aurora's head. "Finish that sentence I dare you."

It's been a while since Hunter had seen an anger like this in Aurora, clearly this man knows something about her past and he was playing with fire. "Aurora back up." Hunter said. Aurora stood still for another moment before taking a couple steps back. Omega peaked around from Hunter.

"Ruby?" She asked.

"She's my prized pet." He said, he pulled some food out of a box

"What are you doing with her?" Omega questioned.

He fed some food to Ruby. "I paid. Cid delivered."

"So much for the soup." Aurora grumbled.

"And where is Cid?" Hunter asked.

"Cid's out." The Devaronian said. "This parlor and Ord Mantell are now my territory." He walked out from behind the desk. "But if you're looking for work, I might have a use for you." He turned back to Aurora. "My understanding with you is that you worked at her bar? I definitely have uses for you."

"As if." Aurora scoffed.

Hunter holstered his blaster and the others but Aurora followed. "We'll think about it."

The Devaronian winked. "You do that."

Hunter and the group turned to walk out the parlor. He turned back when he saw Aurora still standing there with her blaster pointed at the man. He walked up to her and grabbed her arm. "Come on." And he dragged her out of the parlor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aurora and Hunter were walking behind the group, he looked over to her and saw she was keeping her focus on the ground.

"Are you okay?" Hunter asked. Aurora didn't say anything. "That was intense back there." He kept his eyes on Aurora trying to gauge her reaction but she still kept the same neutral expression. "So how'd you get Space Princess-"

Aurora shoved him back. "Don't you dare!" She screamed, causing the others to stop and look at them. "Don't you ever dare Hunter!"

"Woah calm Aurora." Hunter held his hand out to her and she smacked it away.

"By your maker Hunter, if you ever bring it up again I will not hesitate to kill you." She threatened and walked away from him and past everyone. Hunter caught up to the group. Wow... that is the first time she's actually threatened to kill me. Must've been some person calling her that. He thought.

"Nice one." Echo commented. "What did you say to her now?"

"I was only inquiring about the nickname." Hunter said.

"Well from Cid's Office I think it was clear that she hates the nickname." Omega said.

"Doesn't matter." Hunter said. "We're getting off Ord Mantell. Tech prep the ship. The rest of us will gather supplies and get Aurora."

"But what about Cid?" Omega asked. "What did he mean when he said she was out?"

"Given his tone, it is a plausible assumption that Cid was either forced out or taken out." Tech stated.

Omega moved in front of the boys and stopped them. "Well, we have to find her and help her."

The group heard someone clear their throat and they looked up at their ship. Aurora sat on the step, messing with her blaster and Cid leaned in the doorway with her arms crossed. "Nice to see one of you cares." She stood up. "Inside. Now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cid had Ketch and Bolo inside the already cramped Marauder. Aurora was sitting next to ketch while they gambled with each other but Ketch was too distracted with Aurora sitting next to him. Aurora had her knife out and was digging at her fingernails. Hunter also picked up on this and tried his best to ignore them.

"So you boys met Roland." Cid said. "He's a former client and the son of crime boss Isa Durand." She turned to Aurora. "Which you are already acquainted with."

Hunter raised an eyebrow. Even Cid knows some of her past? He thought.

"Just as much of a pain in the ass as his mother." Aurora added.

"Roland's trying to make a name for himself by joining up with the Pykes." Cid finished.

"Rookie mistake." Aurora rolled her eyes.

"What's he doing on Ord Mantell?" Hunter asked.

"This port's connected to multiple hyperspace routes, ideal for smuggling." Cid said. "My parlor's right in the middle of the action. Roland saw the value in it and took it." Omega looked back at Hunter. "But we are taking it back."

Hunter raised an eyebrow. "We?"

Cid nodded. "If I lose, you lose. Don't forget how good I've been at keeping secrets. Right Rainbow?"

Aurora rolled her eyes again. "I hate nicknames." She grumbled.

"I believe she's threatening us." Tech stated.

"No bantha shit, Tech." Aurora said, the whole group noticing her sour attitude.

"You're quick." Cid said.

Omega moved next to Cid. "When we needed help, we came to Cid, remember?"

"I didn't." Aurora added in but they ignored her.

"Now she needs help." Omega continued. "We can't just walk away."

"You tell 'em Tiny." Cid praised.

Hunter sighed. "So what's your plan?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The group was walking out of the Marauder with Cid leading them. "My sources tell me that a buyer is meeting Roland tonight to acquire a shipment of spice he's storing in my back office."

"Wait, spice?" Aurora questioned.

"You want to disrupt his supply chain by stealing the shipment and thereby sabotaging the deal." Tech questioned.

"Very good goggles." Cid remarked sarcastically.

"When the Pykes come to collect, Roland won't be able to pay, and he'll be their problem." Cid said, Aurora had a gut sinking feeling that she knew she couldn't ignore.

Aurora pulled Hunter aside while the group wandered ahead. "Hunter, this is a bad idea."

Hunter nodded. "I know-"

"No you don't know." Aurora cut him off. "Messing with the Pykes never ends well for anyone who even thinks about working with them."

"They won't know it was us."

"You don't know that!"

"Why is it so bad then? I need an actual reason from you, not some bluff."

"Don't you trust me?"

"Aurora-"

"Fine," Aurora rolled her eyes. "I worked briefly with the Pykes and my dumbass thought it would be a good idea to steal that spice from them and try to sell it as my own. They found out and I almost died, and the Pykes aren't a group to forgive and forget."

"Well we don't plan on selling the spice-"

Aurora grabbed his arm. "But they'll know! They always know." Hunter looked at Aurora, it seemed as if she was almost begging him to not get involved. "We should leave Ord Mantell."

"Hey are you two coming or what!" They turned and saw Cid was the only one there. A sewer cap was opened in front of her. Aurora let go of Hunter's arm and he looked at her, he gave her a soft smile before following Cid.

Why am I doing this? She asked herself before following them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The group climbed down and they saw a railcare system.

"Where are we?" Hunter asked.

"Ord Mantell's old mining tunnels." Cid responded. "These rails run underneath the city. It's how we're sneaking into my parlor to steal the spice."

"Well, why don't we just walk in there and take it?" Wrecker asked. "We can handle those guards."

Aurora folded her arms. "No one can know we're involved." Cid shined the light right in his face. "Roland is one thing, but the Pykes aren't and enemy you want to make." Aurora and Hunter looked at each other and she gave him an 'I told you so' look. "We'll use these carts to transport the crates of spice."

"They're not in the best shape, but I can get the motors operational." Tech said.

"No." Cid said. "Motors are too loud. This is a stealth mission. You boys are good at that, right?"

"Eh..." Aurora started.

"Tiny, Rainbow, Goggles, you're with me." Cid said.

Aurora gave Hunter one last look before boarding the cart with Cid and the others. Cid started cranking on the yank and got them moving forward. Wrecker got to work on the other cart and they weren't too far behind.

The group made it to the first door but it was closed.

"Now listen up." Cid turned to them. "When we pass through those doors, not a peep out of anyone. We don't want to wake the hive."

"The hive?!" Aurora questioned. "Oh no, I don't do insects, I'm out."

"Aurora, just relax." Hunter said to her.

"Grow up Rainbow." Cid smacked her arm. "The caverns just have a slight infestation problem."

Wrecker smacked Hunter's shoulder. "We're not afraid of a few bugs."

"Why did I come with you boys, I should've stayed on the ship." Aurora said.

Echo turned to Wrecker and Hunter. "It seems that some of us have a problem with bugs." He nodded to Aurora, Hunter felt bad, not being able to do anything to help her.

"Well it won't be a problem if everyone keeps their traps shut." Cid said. "Big guy, get the door."

Wrecker jumped off his cart and ran to the door and pulled the level, he carefully opened the door and Cid started pushing them through. Aurora looked around at all the webs and her breathing picked up. Screeching could be heard in the distance and Aurora couldn't help but grab the hand next to her.

Tech looked at Aurora with a confused look when she grabbed his hand, but he saw her scanning everything with a wide-eyed expression on her face. Hmm, she is in fact scared. He thought.

The group heard more screeching and Wrecker stopped.

"What was that?" The heard Wrecker whisper. "Oh." The group watched the flashlight Wrecker had dropped into the hole below them. Aurora held her breath.

"What did I say?" Cid whispered to them.

Wrecker scoffed and whispered. "It was an accident."

They heard all sorts of screeching down below and Aurora tightened her grip on Tech. He looked at her again as she anxiously peered over the edge.

The screeching stopped.

"Keep moving." Hunter whispered.

The group continued forward and Aurora kept holding Tech's hand for the rest of the way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cid came to a stop with the others behind her. "We're here." She said.

"Um Aurora." Tech said and Aurora looked at him. He nodded to the two of them holding hands and she quickly pulled hers away.

"Oh Tech. I'm so sorry." Aurora said.

"It's alright." He stated.

Everyone got off and Wrecker was retching. Cid shook her head and moved past him. "This ladder leads into my back office." She said. "Up you go."

"Without eyes on the office, how do we know Roland is not inside?" Tech asked.

"I've got that covered." Cid pressed a button on her comm-link.

After a few moments, Bolo came over her comm-link. "All clear."

Hunter, Tech, and Echo all climbed into the office.

"Ugh and I thought Wrecker was a slob." They heard Echo complain.

"Can the commentary. Roland won't be gone for long." Cid said.

Wrecker was next to climb up the ladder but he didn't fully climb up. Aurora looked on from the sewer, hoping the boys wouldn't do anything stupid. Wrecker came down with the first crate and Aurora and Omega grabbed it and loaded it onto the carts.

Cid's comm-link lit out. "Out of time, boys." Cid said. "Get the last two crates."

"I'll seal the door." Echo said.

The group quickly made it back to the carts. "That's secure enough. Let's go." Cid said and the two groups started working on getting out of there.

Aurora turned her head as she thought she heard the sound of an engine.

Wrecker pulled out his blaster. "We've got incoming!" He yelled.

"I said no blaster fire." Cid whispered yelled.

"Tell that to them!" Wrecker fired back.

Aurora watched as Hunter hit the brakes causing the other cart to hit theirs. Two of the men went flying and Hunter jumped into the other cart and took out the third. Another cart started coming towards them but Hunter reversed the cart and he jumped back into his.

Cid continued forward. "If those laser brains woke the hive, we're all dead."

The cart started heading to where the hive was and they all heard screaming.

"What's that sound?" Omega asked. Aurora and Omega looked below with their flashlights. "Cid I don't like this." Cid looked over the edge and on cue. Thousands of insects came flying out of the nest.

"Power up the engines!" Cid yelled to the others.

The two carts quickly fired up and took off.

"We've got more coming!" Wrecker yelled.

Hunter, Wrecker, and Echo all started blasting the bugs and the bugs started coming for Cid, Aurora, Omega, and Tech.

"Omega!" Aurora pulled the girl under her and Aurora covered her head.

Tech was getting ready to shoot the bugs when he noticed they flew away from his light. "They're avoiding the light. Use your torches!" He yelled.

Cid noticed one of the bugs took a crate of spice. "Not the spice!" She yelled. The bugs swarmed Hunter's cart and the boys quickly jumped off it and the cart went tumbling down into the nest.

The boys ran to them on the track. "Forget the spice. Let's go!" Echo yelled.

"Wrecker seal them in!" Hunter ordered.

Wrecker got to work on closing the doors and Cid and Tech pushed the cart through. Once the door was sealed Wrecker sighed.

Aurora and Omega looked up, Aurora was trying her hardest to hide her shaking hands, but of course Hunter noticed.

"Well, at least we got rid of the spice, right?" Omega asked.

"This will not end well." Aurora mumbled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The group made it back to the topside of Ord Mantell and Aurora was lagging behind the group. Hunter slowed his pace to walk next to her.

"Are you alright?" He asked her. Aurora kept her sights straight ahead and ignored him. "Aurora-"

She pushed him away. "Don't Hunter!" He saw the defeated look in her eyes. "Just don't." She pushed past him and she caught up with Cid and Omega who were in the front.

"That puts you at 0-2 for Aurora today." Tech stated. "I have a feeling that she might hate you."

"Thank you Tech." Hunter rubbed the bridge of his nose.

"Are you sure your parlor's safe?" Omega asked.

"Bolo and Ketch said the Pykes already came for Roland." Cid mentioned. "I told you. They don't take kindly to unpaid debts."

The group walked into the parlor and they saw all of Roland's bodyguards dead on the floor.

"See? My plan worked like a charm." Cid said. "Even better than expected."

The group watched as another group came out of Cid's office. It was Roland whose hands were tied and the Pykes who were behind him.

"That's her." Roland said. "She's the one you want."

Aurora instinctively got in front of Omega and rested her hand on her blaster.

One of the Pykes pushed forward. "It has come to my attention that you have stolen our shipment of spice." He said. "Return it to us, and we will consider this issue resolved."

"Not sure what he's been telling you, but we don't have any spice." Cid said.

The Pyke turned to his two men. "Kill them all." The two Pykes held their blasters

"Wait." Hunter held his hand out. "We don't have the spice on us, but we know where it is." He stood in front of Aurora and Omega.

"My patience is wearing very thin." The Pyke said. "If you know where the spice is, then you should have no problem retrieving it. Until you do, the child stays here." All the boys pulled out their blasters but Aurora kept her hand hovering over hers.

"Not happening." Hunter said.

"You misunderstand." The Pyke said. "This is not a negotiation."

"If I may..." Cid said before turning to the boys. "You all don't realize who you're dealing with." Cid looked at Aurora who didn't have her blaster. "Well maybe except Aurora, if you don't lower your blasters, we're all gonna wish we were dead." She put her hand on Hunter's arm. "Let me handle this."

Before Cid turned back around, Aurora pushed herself forward. "She doesn't stay with you alone."

The Pyke looked her up and down, almost as if he was seeing her for the first time. "So the Space Princess does have her voice." Aurora swallowed her fears. "Don't think we haven't forgotten what you and your boyfriend did." Hunter shot a look at Aurora, shocked that she wasn't giving attitude to these men.

"We're not anything anymore." Aurora held her hands up a little. "But she's not staying by herself."

"It does not matter to me how many hostages we have, now go get our spice." The Pyke said.

Aurora nodded and turned to Hunter and leaned in close to him. "Go get the spice."

"Aurora we are not leaving you two-" He started.

"Hunter," Aurora put her hand softly on the tattoo'd side of his face, it caught him off guard. "You will not win against the Pykes. This is a simple mission, go get the spice and come back, got it? Remember how you said you trusted me with Omega." Hunter nodded. "Trust me now, I won't let anything happen to her." She pulled away and grabbed Omega's hand. Hunter stared at her for a moment and she nodded. Hunter looked to his brothers and the group left the girls back in the parlor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aurora was sitting in between Roland and Omega. She had her eyes closed and head rested against the table they were sitting up against. She didn't realize Omega was looking for a way out until Roland spoke to her.

"Don't try it. They'll kill you." He said.

Aurora opened her eyes and shot him a look. "You don't get to speak to her." She snapped.

"If your friends don't return the spice, we're all dead." Roland said. "That is if you even count them as friends space-"

"You better stop or it won't be the Pykes killing you." Aurora threatened. "Yes, they are my friends and they will return."

"Aurora." Omega said, placing a hand on her arm.

"You should know better than to meddle in other people's business, Aurora." Roland said.

"Us?" Omega spat out. "You're the one who took Cid's parlor from her."

Aurora rolled her eyes. "Here it comes."

"You take what you want." Roland said. "That's the Durand way. It's a tactic my mother has perfected."

"Yea, well your mother is a real piece of work." Aurora said.

"So his mother is a criminal too?" Omega asked.

"Ugh." Roland sighed. "You make it sound so undignified. If that was the case then that would make Aurora a criminal too."

"Aurora's not a criminal." Omega said.

"Kid, just let it go." Aurora said.

"If she saw us now Aurora-" Roland said.

"She won't ever see me again." Aurora cut him off.

Ruby came running over and Roland held his hands out for her but she went running in Omega's lap and was purring.

Roland sighed. "Ruby doesn't take a liking to many people."

"Don't worry Ruby, we'll get out of this." She whispered to the creature.

"Hopefully soon." Aurora added.

Omega paused for a moment. "How do you think the boys are doing?"

"Better than us I hope... but for some reason I feel they are in a sticky situation." Aurora said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aurora and Omega stood with the Pykes while The Bad Batch unloaded the spice. Omega was holding Ruby and Roland was on his knees, a Pyke holding a blaster to his head. Wrecker put the last crate in front of the Pyke. They opened the case and a Pyke pulled out one of the cases of spice.

"Since the spice has been returned, the matter between us is resolved." The Pyke said and turned to Roland, he pulled out a machete. "But not with you."

The Pyke behind Roland shoved Aurora and Omega forward. The girls walked back to the boys and Hunter put a hand on each of their shoulders. The Pykes got Roland to his feet before shoving his head onto the crate.

Omega ran forward. "Dont!" The Pykes looked at the girl, Aurora moved forward and put a hand on her shoulder. "He made a mistake. That's all."

"She's right." Cid stepped forward. "Kill him and you'll be starting a war with Isa Durand."

"She's not a Devaronian you want to mess with, trust me." Aurora added.

"Do you want that heat right now?" Cid asked. "Call this a bad deal and walk away."

"We do not accept bad deals." The Pyke said and raised his machete. Aurora covered Omega's eyes as the Pyke brought it down onto one of Rolands horns. He withered back and screamed.

One of the Pykes picked up the horn and gave it to the lead Pyke. "Our business is finished. It would not be wise for our paths to cross again." The Pykes walked away, taking their spice with them.

Omega walked up to Roland and gave him Ruby. "Are you okay?"

"It's a small price to pay." He stood up and Hunter walked over to him.

"Come on boys." Cid said. "First round's on me."

Wrecker laughed. "You owe us way more than that."

"Don't push your luck." She said with a smile. The group except Hunter walked to the parlor. Hunter stayed with Roland. After they were out of sight Roland turned back to him.

"So I see the Space Princess has taken up residence with you." Roland mentioned.

"If she finds out you're calling her that she'll kill you." Hunter said.

"Perhaps. But doesn't it make you wonder what she's hiding? She knows the criminal world quite well in fact. The Pykes, my mother, varying bounty hunters, an ex." Roland gauged Hunter's reaction but he kept a neutral face. "Want to know what they all have in coming?" He asked.

"Do I have a choice?" Hunter raised an eyebrow.

"She's betrayed them all. In one way or another. She's betrayed them and guess what. She will do the same to you eventually."

"I doubt that."

"Aren't you so sure." Roland laughed. "I'll bet she's told you practically nothing about her past. That she's only told you little things to keep you off her back. Well Hunter I'll tell you she is not one to get involved with. She is a bad person."

"She hasn't proven anything like that to me yet."

"Oh she will. She's the type of girl who only looks out for herself. She's not one to make the sacrifice play. She will always save herself over the group."

"You don't know her."

"And you do?" Roland raised an eyebrow

"You've never met her before today. You don't know her." Hunter said again.

"But my mother knew her well. Worked with the two of them for a long while." He paused. "Her ex and her I mean. Even my mother was jealous of the love they had for each other. Such a shame." Roland saw Hunter shift. "She's never told you about him? I'm not surprised. Makes you wonder what else she's hiding from you?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hours have gone by and Aurora was sitting on the steps of the Marauder, eating out of a small bowl. Hunter walked by and noticed her staring up at the night sky. He saw she was wearing his jacket again. Hunter descended the steps and sat down next to her. She didn't look at him.

"So you hand on my face, pretty weird." Hunter joked.

Aurora looked at him sideways but he saw a small smile. "Don't get used to it." She took a small bite.

She's betrayed them all. In one way or another. Hunter couldn't help but think of Roland's words. He didn't want to believe him but did Hunter really know Aurora?

I didn't even know she was terrified of bugs. "Listen Aurora. About everything today and what happened. I'm sorry we didn't listen to you and got involved with the Pykes."

"I just hope you won't ever do it again." She said and turned her attention back to the night sky.

"Thank you for staying with Omega."

"I didn't want what happened to me or even Roland to happen to her."

"What happened?"

Aurora shook her head.

Doesn't it make you wonder what she's hiding. Again his words crossed his mind. "Aurora, you can tell me. Trust me."

Aurora sighed and placed her small bowl on the steps. She stood up and started to walk into the Marauder but paused. Hunter turned to look at her as she turned to face him.

"I was the one who stole the spice." She looked away from him. "But it- but it wasn't my idea. I actually thought it was a bad idea. I had heard about the Pykes from Krisptoher and knew early on to never make a deal with them."

"So why'd you do it?"

"Because I was ignored." Aurora had a soft chuckle. "I told him it was a bad idea and we shouldn't do it, but he didn't listen to me and when the Pykes found out I stole it. He didn't even take part of the blame." Hunter thought he saw a tear in her eye. "The Pykes attacked me." She pulled the edge of her pants slightly down and he saw on her left hip a thick white scar that disappeared even further down her pant leg. "They must've hit an artery or something because I lost a lot of blood. The Pykes left me to die." She took a deep breath. "He left me to die."

"Aurora..."

"I was saved by a friend, but you want to know the worst part of all that?" She asked. "It wasn't almost dying, it wasn't stealing from the Pykes. It was the fact that I went back to him."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 171 26
When chaos finds Talia, a quiet farm girl with an unknown past, who better to turn to than the bad batch? Traveling the galaxy, and fighting for the...
56.7K 1.8K 94
*SEQUEL* to my first TBB fanfiction titled "Stealth and Track" The adventures of Fern, Omega, and the boys of the Bad Batch continue after the destru...
11.6K 343 72
Aurora, an amazing Bounty Hunter, ready for anything! She's not much of an conversationalist but when she has to work with a group of clones, who wou...
73.3K 2.7K 100
Survivor. Outcast. Fugitive. Astera Lyell barely escaped Order 66 with her life. Now she's on the run, looking desperately for someplace to lay low...