The Unnecessary Alliance

By authorkayyyy

BOOK 1 IN THE UNNECESSARY SERIES Aadish Arya never needed her, nor wanted her. But his father made this pact... More

COPYRIGHT
PREFACE
DEDICATION
CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS
THE PACT
THE NEWS
THE DINNER
THE DILEMMA
THE DATE
THE ROSES
THE CHARITY EVENT
THE NIGHT
THE JEALOUSY
THE CYCLING
THE MARK
THE REALISATION
THE HUG
THE TARGETS
THE ARGUMENT
THE ETERNAL
THE ROSARIUM
THE BLAME GAME
THE PAST
THE CONFRONTATION
THE PROBATION
THE PROPOSAL
THE ENGAGEMENT
THE MOVING IN
THE YOU ARE MY FIRST
THE UNNECESSARY WIFE
THE FIASCO
THE HEARTBREAK
THE LEAVING
THE HURT
THE HALF NEWS
THE RECONCILIATION
THE BOARD
THE NOT SO FAST
THE PLAN
THE SURRENDER
THE TRUTH
THE REUNION
THE PREPARATIONS
THE TEASE
THE SANGEET
THE WEDDING
WEDDING ALBUM (pictures)
EPILOGUE β™‘
BONUS CHAPTERS AND MORE
AUTHOR's NOTE

THE BARBIE

69.4K 4.7K 687
By authorkayyyy

VANIE's POV

I sit in the backseat, sandwiched between Nitya, Ryesha and Anika.

Should have taken the cab.

"Anika! I swear to God, if, you don't stop elbowing me. I am going to tickle you." Nitya says  in frustration.

I can't help but laugh. Ryesha giggles too.

"Girls! Please maintain the discipline. It's no way of treating each other." Rajveer says while driving the car.

All of us start laughing harder.

You know you are a teacher when you use words like maintain and discipline even with your friends.

"Yes, Sir!" Ryesha replies.

I catch Raajveer turning all pink.

God! When are these fools going to accept their feelings for each other?

I take a deep breath as I relax myself, half my ass sits on Anika's lap while the other hangs down on the seat.

Just 5 more minutes. I remind myself.

I am glad we chose the theatre closer to School, else, it would have been a hell of a ride.

As we reach the theatre, all of us start getting off the car one by one. I look around at everyone dressed in pink.

It's such a good feeling, to have good friends and somewhere to be. I side hug Nitya as she stands closer to me. I place my head on her shoulder.

"Woman, what are you doing?" She asks.
"Shut-up." I tell her.

Rajveer and Anuj shake their head.

Rajveer and Anika teach maths, Ryesha and Nitya are computer science teachers, whereas, Anuj teaches Social Sciences.

We all come from different departments, yet, our bond is very strong. We all support each other. Nitya even helps me in grading the papers, by counting the total.

As we head towards the theatre, my arms linked with Nitya's, we giggle, we talk.

My eyes fall on a man walking in front of us.

He is tall, mysterious and dressed in black suit. A very familiar black suit. My eyes move towards the back of his head.

I can recognise this head even in my sleep. Aadi.

What is he doing here?

"Aadi!" I call out in surprise.

He turns back and doesn't look amazed at all.
More like, he knew I will be here, unlike, me. I am caught totally off guard by his presence.

"Roses!" He says in his deep, dark and sexy voice.

His eyes fall, where, mine and Nitya's arms are linked.

She immediately takes her arm away from mine and goes and stands next to Anika.

Traitor.

I bring my eyes back to Aadi.

"What are you doing here?"

"Watching a movie." He raises his two tickets in air.

Who is he here with?

"Oh! With whom?" I ask.

"Avinash."

He is lying.

I just met Avinash. He came to take his sister home, there was some issue at their place.

For some reason, Aadi has been acting weird since morning. When I caught him and Avinash talking, he turned all white. God knows what they were talking about. Avinash turned mute as soon as I entered the living room. I didn't even get the chance to register what they were arguing about.

And then at the School, when I introduced him to Raajveer.

"I don't see him. Did he become Mr. India all of a sudden?"

He checks his watch. "Must be running late."

"And what are you watching?" I ask.

He stares at me. Then, he looks around and glares at my friends.

The audacity this man has.

"Barbie." He says in a very low voice. Almost like a whisper.

Laughter builds up in my chest. I can't keep it in.

He is lying, he is not here with Avinash. He is here to watch Barbie, because I told him I was watching it. God! He is so cute.

I laugh hard, tears fill my eyes.

"I never pegged you for someone who would watch Barbie." I manage to say in between my fit of laughter.

"What did you peg me for then?"

"Oppenheimer." I say.

"Yes, you are right." He extends his hand forward and holds my arm. He drags me towards the ticket counter.

"What are you doing? You can't drag me like this" I say.

He lets go of my arm.

"Buying us a ticket for Oppenheimer." He says.

"I am not watching that movie. I am watching Barbie. You go and watch it with Avinash."

"He is not coming."

"Oh! Really. I didn't see you talking to him. Do you two have some sort of telepathic connection?" I mock.

"You didn't invite me."

There is a warm, fussy feeling in my chest. He might suck at using his words but his actions, God! His actions are always so expressive. He came to watch Barbie because I didn't invite him.

"Come and watch Barbie with us, Aadi." I say in a soft voice.

He nods.

My eyes fall on his black suit.

Nope, not happening.

I am not letting him destroy the aesthetic of my group.

"You can't wear that." I say.
"What is wrong with it? It's designed by the top—." I interrupt him before he can finish his sentence. "It's not pink."

"I am not wearing pink." He says.
"Then, don't sit with us. Watch the movie alone."

He clenches his jaw. I pull him from his elbow.
"Come let's buy you something. There is still some time for the movie to start."

I turn towards my friends as I mouth 'Be right back'. All of them nod in unison.

"So, you can drag me and I can't drag you?" He asks.
"Yes!" I say.

We walk into one of the stores. I start looking around.

Every shirt or t-shirt I pick, this guy shakes his head in a No.

I pick a salmon-pink shirt, with white jeans. I hold it up for him.
He shakes his head in disapproval.

"Yeah! I don't care. You are wearing this."

"No!" He says in a firm voice.

"You want to watch the movie or not?" I ask.

He takes the clothes from my hands and heads towards the changing room. I follow him.

I have a huge grin on my face.

(10 minutes later)

It's been 10 minutes, since, he went inside. I have no idea what he is doing in there.

"Aadi!" I call.

"Roses, I am not wearing this ridiculous looking outfit." He cries from inside.

"I am going to count till 3 if you don't come outside, I will come in." I say.

"1........2.......2.5.......2.75.......3..." Still no response.

I push the door and step inside. As I turn around, I bump into something strong, firm, muscular. His chest. My eyes widen.

He isn't wearing a shirt.

I try to push him away with my hands but he holds my wrists.

I freeze.

My eyes fall on his perfectly toned arms, his six pack abs. My cheeks heat up. I can feel him breathe.

We are way too close.

"Roses!" He calls.

I nod.

"My eyes are up here."

I feel embarrassed. I can't look at him, not now.

Not when, he just caught me ogling him.

I try to pull away but he doesn't let me go.

He raises my chin with the tip of his finger.

"You look cute when you blush." He says

My eyes widen a little more. This man has lost his mind.

"Shirt, Aadi. Put on the shirt." I say hesitantly.

He smirks.

"Why don't you wait outside till the time I dress?" He says while holding the door.

I nod and rush outside. My ears burn and I can hear my heartbeat in my ears.

What the hell just happened?

(5 minutes later)

We walk towards my friends, as they stand in the food court waiting for us.

"You are all red." Anika says.

Is it that obvious?

"Her skin in acting up." Aadi replies.

I glare at him. He is taunting me.

I slowly move closer to him. He looks down at me. I give him puppy eyes and a very cute smile and then slowly pinch his stomach.

You can't just mess with me and get away with it.

His eyes widen. "You should smile more." I tell him.

And he smiles. God! He smiles.

The pinch must have hurt and now I feel bad because he gave me a smile despite the pain.

I slowly rub the side of his stomach that I just pinched and murmur Sorry.

He shakes his head.

"Get a room guys." Nitya says.

I swear to God Nitya can say the most unexpected things at the most unexpected moments.

We weren't doing anything.

I glare at her and she starts laughing.

"We should get going, else, we will miss the movie." Anuj says.

(After Movie)

I am driving back with Aadish. Those traitors, didn't think twice before throwing me out of the car. We don't have enough space, they had said.

I sat next to Aadi during the movie and throughout the movie our arms kept brushing. I could barely focus on the movie because I was too hyper fixated on the way our arms brushed or when both of us reached for the popcorn at the same time.

"Are you hungry?" He asks me.
"Yes."
"Let's get something to eat then." He says.
I nod.

"Aadi!"
"Yes, Roses."
"You can't always show up when I hangout with my friends." I loved that he was there but it's a sign of being possessive, which, is a big red flag.

"Then, do things with me."
"Huh!" I ask in surprise.

"You never take me to the movies. But you were going with that asshole."

"Language." I warn.

"We don't go out." He says.

"Because your secretary made a detail schedule with one date every week. I can't pester you to spend time with me when you are clearly busy." It hurts when I say this. I can't believe he actually had his secretary send me date details like it was a task for him.

"Let's not follow it." He says.

A sliver hope rises in my heart. God! I want to hug him. But, I don't want to freak him out.

So, I slowly pat his arm.

He stops the car abruptly.

"What happened?" I ask.

The cars behind us honk.

"Aadi, drive." I say.

"Do that again." He says.

"What?"

"The pat."

I stare at him. But then I slowly lift my hand and pat his arm.

His lips curve into a smile and then he slowly starts to drive, again.

I can't believe he is acting like a kid desperate for attention.

"Aadi, join me for cycling this Sunday." I say.

"Let cycling be something that you only do with me."

And I nod.

"But you are not allowed to race me."

"I promise. I will even pick flowers for you." He says

I can't help but smile. He can be cute when he wants to be.

We drive in silence for the rest of ride. I love sitting next to him and watching him drive. He looks so sexy when he drives. I never thought watching someone drive could be such a turn on, but, with Aadi, everything is.

(After Dinner)

The two of us ended up spending the entire day together. I am not complaining. I loved every bit of it.

I walk towards my Dadi's room. I slowly crack it open. Her lights are on. But she is lying down.

She is waiting for me.

"Daadi!" I slowly whisper.

She slowly open her eyes and raises her head.

"Here you are." She says in a affectionate voice.

I go ahead and sit by the side of her bed and give her a hug. "I had the best day."

"I can see it in your smile." She says.

"Daadi!"

(Grandmother)

"Yes!"

"Remember how Daadu and I use to fight for your time?" I ask.

(Grandfather)

She laughs. "Vividly."

"He did the same with my friends today."

She kisses my forehead. "I am so happy for you darling. Everyone deserves this type of love."

"Can I sleep with you tonight?"

"Sure! But go change your clothes. God knows where these clothes have been." She mocks.

"Daaadiiiiiii!"

She laughs. And pats my back. "Go change."

"Be back in five." I tell her as I push myself away from her bed and walk towards my room.

I can't believe this is my reality now. This happy bliss. I love my life and I love Aadish. My Aadi.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you guys like the chapter.

And just a little announcement. You don't have to apologise for posting on my message board. Be it your book promotions too. It's open for all.

Feel free to text me without apologising.

Please Vote and Comment.

(1.5k votes?)

For regular updates on Aadish and Vanie, find me on Instagram :- @authoravnie

Till next time bye~bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

411K 46.4K 28
"π’šπ’π’– 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 π’ƒπ’“π’†π’‚π’Œ π’Žπ’š 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 π’Šπ’ π’•π’˜π’ 𝒃𝒖𝒕 π’˜π’‰π’†π’ π’Šπ’• 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒔, π’Šπ’• 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 π’šπ’π’–" ...
779K 45.4K 37
|ROSES AND CIGARETTES Book-I| She was someone who likes to be in her shell and He was someone who likes to break all the shells. "Junoon ban chuki ho...
2M 101K 57
Rehan's mother is a typical Indian mother, who wants to get her son married before he turns 28. And also she doesn't want him to marry his cunning au...
150K 8.9K 42
✧THE UNEXPECTED SERIES BOOK ONE✧ Arrogant and cold CEO of the 'RIVERRUN GROUPS' Royal Riansh Raichand who declined the throne has only one person wor...