Why him? | Skins Cook

Von sk1nscook_xoxo

A skins Cook fanfic. (Cook x oc) Turns out Freddie has another sister besides Karen, a twin sister, Olivia M... Mehr

intro
1 - a girl
2 - new and familiar people
3 - girls like idiots apparently
4 - cook's b day
5 - crashing an engagement party
6 - relief and slight suspicions
8 - underground rave
9 - never
10 - trouble
11 - playing with feelings
12 - more than pissed off
13 - fuck him
14 - i'm jealous?
15 - naive
16 - mess of friends
17 - complications
18 - gobblers end
19 - secrets
20 - delusional??
21 - it's hard to open up
author's note
summer extra - fancy date??

7 - my own person

423 9 8
Von sk1nscook_xoxo

this is what she is wearing

It's a saturday morning and I'm up already unfortunately and working at the local convenience store. I mean it's not all that bad, the guy who gave me the job is nice though he's not here today, so I'm in control of the store. It just gets a bit boring sometimes but then also not because there are always those annoying kids stealing so much shit. I'm sure one of those kids used to be Cook but yeah, it's annoying and a bore and I never know if I should actually bother to shout at them and get the stuff back or just do nothing.

I need the job anyways for the money for clothes and drugs and stuff. I still don't get how everyone else has the money for all the drugs. I guess Cook just steals. I don't know about everyone else though.

A guy probably about my age with dark skin who was wearing a colourful crocheted hat came up to the counter. He didn't seem like he lived locally or maybe even in the country and he was wearing a lot of clothes and coats and I must have seemed crazy to him with my bare shoulders.

''I bought this card for one hundred and twenty minutes. I speak for two minutes. Nothing left.'' He said.

''Oh I'm sorry, it happens sometimes, let me just get you a new one.'' I told him and he smiled politely as  I starting rummaging through a drawer to get one. I then noticed two young boys, probably the ages of seven and five, filling their pockets up with chocolate bars and anything they could grab really.

''Not you two again you little bastards.'' I muttered as they turned around to look at me. ''I'll call your mum if you don't empty your pockets out now, I'll fucking do it alright.''

''We don't give a fuck. Our mum doesn't either.'' The younger one said as they carried on filling up their pockets.

''Alright.'' I said coming out from behind the counter and grabbing both their ears. ''Empty your pockets now.''

They then started getting out from my grasp and one of them called me a bitch. The guy who was asking for another card now grabbed that boy by the collar and slammed him against the wall and the other one just stood by the side, seeming absolutely petrified.

''Bitch is a bad word, a very bad word. Even in England I think, yes?'' He asked the boy as he sort of nodded, clearly terrified. ''Disrespectful. Say sorry to the nice lady.''

''I'm very sorry.'' He said to me.

''You as well.'' He asked the other boy.

''I'm very sorry.'' He also said.

''Empty out your pockets then.'' I told them and they did.

''Now go, go.'' The guy ushered them out of the shop as both the boys ran away.

''Thank you so much.'' I told him.

''No problem.'' He smiled.

''Here's your card.'' I gave it to him.

''Thank you.'' He said before extending his hand. ''I'm Thomas. So glad to meet you.''

''I'm Olivia. It's so nice to meet you too Thomas.'' I smiled at him. ''Thank you so much for the help, let me make it up to you, choose anything from the shop for free, you deserve it.''

''I couldn't.'' He replied politely.

''Oh come on, you can, seriously. I'm sure there must be something you want and I'm pretty sure I saw you eyeing up those donuts earlier.'' I pointed at the donuts on the shelf and he couldn't hide his smile. ''Alright then.'' I smiled.

I then got the tweezers out and grabbed a handful of donuts with different coloured icing and sprinkles and put them in a paper bag before passing them to him as he gratefully received them.

''Thank you so much, I'm sure they will be very yummy.'' He smiled. ''Did you make them?''

''Sorry?'' I asked confused by his question.

''Did you make them? The donuts.'' He repeated himself. The answer seemed obvious since I was literally working in a corner shop that doesn't exactly sell homemade food and if it was anyone else I would've thought they were taking the mick or just joking but he didn't seem to be doing that.

''Oh! No I'm shit at cooking, you any good?'' I asked him.

''Well, I'm alright but the best chef I know is definitely my mother. She makes the most delicious food.'' He smiled.

''That's sweet.'' I smiled back at him. ''Do you live with your mother?''

''No. I used to but she's in Sangha with my younger brothers. They should be coming soon though to join me. England is lovely but very cold.'' He said.

''Yeah I'm used to it.'' I laughed gesturing to my sleeveless top.

''Hopefully I will get used to it too.'' He smiled. ''England is very nice apart from that though, the people are...''

''Absolutely horrible?'' I questioned with a smile.

''No.'' He smiled. ''They are actually very nice, well mostly anyways. Thank you, you have been very kind to me but I must go now and call my mother otherwise she'll be worried.''

''No problem. You do that and thank you for helping me out earlier.'' I said.

Suddenly Cook came into the shop.

''Who's this geezer?'' Cook asked me.

''Cook. This is Thomas. Thomas. This is Cook.'' I introduced them to each other.

''Hi. I'm Thomas. So glad to meet you.'' He shook Cook's hand.

''Hey fella. You've got a shit load of donuts.'' Cook said.

''Yes. Olivia is very kind.'' Thomas told him.

''Yeah, she is, she's a right peach.'' Cook agreed.

''I am being rude. Do you want one?'' Thomas asked Cook about the donuts.

''Nah mate I'm alright but thanks for the offer.'' Cook said.

''Ok. I'm going to go now. Goodbye Olivia.'' Thomas said to me.

''Bye Thomas.'' I smiled at him before he exited the shop.

''Why'd you give the guy a bag of donuts then? You fancy him or something?'' Cook spat.

''What? No!'' He helped me with some kids that were stealing from the shop so I gave him something in return you know.'' I explained. ''Those little buggers are getting on my fucking nerves always stealing from us. We're a little corner shop so you can't steal. It's the rule. It's fine if it's those big companies that are run by the man.''

I then watched Cook grab a bottle of vodka from a shelf and slip it into his pocket.

''Cook! I was literally just telling you how much this sort of thing is pissing me off.'' I said.

''Aw, come on. Don't be like that Liv.'' He said.

''Fine. But I didn't see you.'' I said. ''Why are you here anyways? Or was it just to steal vodka?''

''I came by to see you.'' He said.

''What for?''

''Does there always have to be a reason princess?'' He asked.

''Why'd you always call me that Cook?'' I asked him.

''Huh? Call you what?'' He asked me.

''Princess.'' I said.

''Why not?'' He shrugged. ''What, do you not like it or something?''

''No, it's actually quite nice. I just wondered where it came from like why you randomly started calling me it.'' I said.

''I actually do know why.'' He admitted. ''It was in nursery when we were playing a game. Freddie was the king I was the prince, JJ was the princess and you were the horse but you wanted to be the princess and were a bit pissed off that you had to be the horse and since you were all moody I started teasing you, you know, by calling you princess since you were being so demanding at the time and when I started to actually call you the princess you didn't like that either. You were quite difficult that day. Or all the time actually.'' He explained.

''Um excuse me. I'm the difficult one?'' I acted shocked and offended at his last comment before thinking about how much time has passed since then. ''I can't believe you remember all that.''

''Yeah, I don't know why I do. But I guess I just starting calling you princess since then and it became a habit, you know?'' Cook said.

''Yeah, time's just gone so quickly and we're in college now isn't that fucking terrifying.'' I said.

''Tell me about it.'' Cook agreed. ''What did you and, what was the guy's name again, the one that just left?''

''Thomas.'' I told him.

''Yeah, Thomas. What did you two talk about then?'' He asked me.

''I don't know. Stuff.'' I said.

''Stuff? Is that all you're gonna give me.'' Cook said.

''Well, he asked me if I made the donuts...'' I started.

''Not possible. You're a shit cook.'' Cook said.

''Yeah I know that, and your name's actually Cook so I'd except you to be half good but you're shit at it as well you know.'' I said.

''Yeah that's definitely not how it works.'' He said. ''Well if we ever get married princess then J's gonna have to come over and cook for the kids since we're both shit at it.''

''We'd never get married.'' I said.

''You never know.'' Cook smirked.

''God. I can't imagine it.'' I laughed. ''I can't even imagine you as a dad.''

''I can imagine you as a mum though.'' He said.

''Really? I can't.'' I admitted. ''I'm never having kids.''

''Why not? You'd be great at it.'' Cook said.

''I just-I don't know. Too much hassle, too much responsibility. You never know if what you're doing is right. And I'd have to put my kids before myself all the time. Does that not seem tiring to you? And you'll have to cast away your feelings for theirs. Also, I don't know if I'll be able to take it. I just don't know if I'll be a good mum, it's the fear of it as well. Like, what if I fuck up my kids?'' I said.

''Yeah I know what you mean.'' Cook nodded. ''I just wouldn't trust myself with it.''

''Exactly.'' I said.

''Hey Liv, this your boyfriend?'' Sandra came in to the shop and behind the counter.

''Nah, this is Cook, you know my best mate.'' I told her.

''Oh yeahh, you're quite the character aren't you?'' Sandra said to Cook as Cook laughed a bit as he realised I've  been talking about him to my colleagues.

''Cheers girl.'' He took it as a compliment.

''I dunno why you haven't gone for him yet, I would happily ride that any day.'' Sandra whispered to me as I laughed.

''Ugh! That's gross.'' I said. 

''What is?'' Cook asked. 

''Would he be up for it?'' Sandra asked me.

''I mean, it's Cook we're talking about.'' I said.

''Well it's my shift now you can go on your lunch break but check with him, yeah?'' Sandra asked me.

''Will do, thanks.'' I said leaving the shop and grabbing Cook by the arm with me.

''What does your friend want from me?'' Cook asked.

''Your cock actually. Good news for you yeah?'' I asked.

''Are you serious? You're not screwing with me Liv are you?'' Cook asked me.

''No! She surprisingly somehow thinks you're fit.'' I said.

''That's fucking mega.'' Cook grinned.

I then heard someone wolf whistle a bit ahead of us and saw a few boys around our age and they were all staring at me.

''This your boyfriend?'' One of the guys asked me gesturing to Cook.

''Nah, he's just a friend.'' I said.

''Nice arse sweetheart.'' Another one said.

"Uh, thanks?" I replied.

Cook frowned at the guy's comment though.

"How about your number then?" The other guy asked.

"Mate, can you back off?" Cook asked him.

"And why the fuck should I do that? You're not her boyfriend or anything." The guy said.

"She doesn't wanna give you her number alright so how about you fuck off." Cook said.

"And who said she doesn't? Why are you speaking for her? What, does she not have an opinion of her own." He then looked at me. "So, how about it?"

"Yeah sure." I said getting my phone out because why not. Might as well have fun. Plus Cook was pissing me off.

Cook then stopped me from passing my phone to the guy by holding back my hands.

"Cook, what are you doing?" I asked him.

"Do you really wanna give this guy your number?" He looked at me.

"Why not?" I shrugged.

"He seems a bit sleazy I don't know." Cook said under his breath.

"First of all, that's a lot coming from you and secondly, you can just mind your own fucking business." I replied and then exchanged numbers with the guy.

"Thanks love." The guy said. "I'll text you alright?"

"Yeah you should." I said walking off with Cook.

"And why did you do that?" Cook asked me.

"No. Just stop. I'm fucking sick of this. It's not your business alright? I don't tell you who to shag and who not to so you don't get to control which guys I decide to talk to. And you're taking it so seriously as well, I might not even meet him ever again but I just wanted to give him my number for fun, is that so wrong? Why do you care so much anyways? And my friend from work, Sandra, yeah, you're gonna fuck her and I'm dealing with it. You think I'm overjoyed by the fact that you're sleeping with my friend? Of course not. But I decided to let it slide since I'm not that close with her and she seemed to want it so could you give me a bit of space with all of this. Please!" I ranted.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have got involved, you're right." Cook apologised. "If you really want, I won't sleep with your friend. If you really want."

"It's fine." I laughed it off and he grinned.

"Well that's great then." Cook smiled and I smiled back at him.

An: sorry that I haven't been posting as much recently I'm on holiday right now but will still try and write some but obviously won't be able to do it as quickly. Also thank you to anyone who is reading this story I really appreciate it and if u want u can leave any comments j to like generally talk bc I love getting those and reading ppl's opinions or little rants even or anything abt this story or skins etc.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

11.3K 348 11
Well the reckless group from Bristol is back! Ana thinks her life is coming and will stay together. Boy is she wrong. If you thought last season had...
225K 3.6K 52
In which Elizabeth Stonem's Cousin, Kitty Stonem, gets sent to Bristol to sort out her behaviour... [James Cook x Female OC] [Skins Uk - Gen2] 28/03...
135K 3.3K 76
in which a boy who thought he couldn't love falls for the girl terrified of love [James Cook x Female Oc] [Skins gen 2]
53.7K 1.4K 61
You are Y/n and Y/n has Three Brother's and she is the Oldest Third sister if you guys want to know what happened please read it or not I'm not forci...