7 - my own person

this is what she is wearing

It's a saturday morning and I'm up already unfortunately and working at the local convenience store. I mean it's not all that bad, the guy who gave me the job is nice though he's not here today, so I'm in control of the store. It just gets a bit boring sometimes but then also not because there are always those annoying kids stealing so much shit. I'm sure one of those kids used to be Cook but yeah, it's annoying and a bore and I never know if I should actually bother to shout at them and get the stuff back or just do nothing.

I need the job anyways for the money for clothes and drugs and stuff. I still don't get how everyone else has the money for all the drugs. I guess Cook just steals. I don't know about everyone else though.

A guy probably about my age with dark skin who was wearing a colourful crocheted hat came up to the counter. He didn't seem like he lived locally or maybe even in the country and he was wearing a lot of clothes and coats and I must have seemed crazy to him with my bare shoulders.

''I bought this card for one hundred and twenty minutes. I speak for two minutes. Nothing left.'' He said.

''Oh I'm sorry, it happens sometimes, let me just get you a new one.'' I told him and he smiled politely as  I starting rummaging through a drawer to get one. I then noticed two young boys, probably the ages of seven and five, filling their pockets up with chocolate bars and anything they could grab really.

''Not you two again you little bastards.'' I muttered as they turned around to look at me. ''I'll call your mum if you don't empty your pockets out now, I'll fucking do it alright.''

''We don't give a fuck. Our mum doesn't either.'' The younger one said as they carried on filling up their pockets.

''Alright.'' I said coming out from behind the counter and grabbing both their ears. ''Empty your pockets now.''

They then started getting out from my grasp and one of them called me a bitch. The guy who was asking for another card now grabbed that boy by the collar and slammed him against the wall and the other one just stood by the side, seeming absolutely petrified.

''Bitch is a bad word, a very bad word. Even in England I think, yes?'' He asked the boy as he sort of nodded, clearly terrified. ''Disrespectful. Say sorry to the nice lady.''

''I'm very sorry.'' He said to me.

''You as well.'' He asked the other boy.

''I'm very sorry.'' He also said.

''Empty out your pockets then.'' I told them and they did.

''Now go, go.'' The guy ushered them out of the shop as both the boys ran away.

''Thank you so much.'' I told him.

''No problem.'' He smiled.

''Here's your card.'' I gave it to him.