20 - delusional??

The following morning I woke up to birds chirping, I let out a breath and sat up, my tent was already empty, I crawled out. ''Phew.'' I heard JJ say. ''Bit cramped in there, me, two girls and one tent! Nightmare.'' He stood up watching Emily and Naomi crawl out after him. I stifled my laugh since Emily and Naomi were not interested in JJ in the slightest, or any guy, only each other. ''You ladies like to wriggle, don't you?'' He said as I laughed quietly and Emily and Naomi exchanged glances. ''Anyway, I need a wee and a tic tac.''

''Morning.'' I said as Freddie and Effy walked to join us all, I wasn't sure when Effy returned last night but the two of them looked glowing. 

''Good morning.'' Freddie said in return. 

JJ scanned the group. ''Has anyone seen Pandora or Thomas?'' He questioned and I shrugged my shoulders. 

''And where's Katie? Thought she'd be with you, Fred.'' Emily questioned him. 

Freddie seemed to not really care where Katie was, he just shrugged it off. ''Probably still asleep.'' He said as if she didn't walk into the middle of the woods alone last night. 

Pandora approached us, tears in her eyes. ''Thomas has gone home, I got to go now, please...''

Once we noticed Katie wasn't anywhere in sight, we all broke off into groups to search for her. We all searched for a good while before we all met up back at the car. ''She might have just went home.'' I suggested. ''After everything last night, I wouldn't blame her.''

We ended up driving home after that. Hours later after being home for a while, Freddie got a call, Katie was found in the woods last night. She was there all night alone. I went with him to the hospital, as soon as Katie woke up, she told us Effy lost it and attacked her with a rock. As we left her room to allow her to rest, Effy came running to us. ''Freddie, wait!'' She called after him, but nobody said anything to her, not even Pandora. ''She woke up, then?''

I rolled my eyes at her. ''Yeah, she woke up.'' Freddie replied, not even giving her a second look. 

''Freds, listen, she-she pulled my hair!'' She started. 

I let out a forced laugh. ''What? She pulled your hair so you decided to smash her head open?''

Effy didn't even look at me, she only cared what Freddie thought, she only wanted Freddie to forgive her. ''It was an accident...I was tripping! She choked me, I couldn't breathe!''

Freddie looked her up and down. ''I can't see any bruises.'' He said to her. ''I can't see nine fucking stitches!'' He shouted at her. ''But, when did it happen?''

''Just before-'' Effy whispered, then her voice went quiet and Freddie gave her a disgusted look, shaking his head before walking off. 

Effy now looked at Emily. ''Em, it was an accident, I promise!''

Emily shook her head slowly. ''You hit her with a rock, and then you just left her there, she could've died.'' Emily walked off. 

''Panda wait!'' Effy begged but Pandora just followed behind Emily until it was only me left. 

''You probably don't deserve this and you probably couldn't give two fucks about what I think of you but remember, I'm still Freddie's sister so I'm giving you a chance to tell your side of the story, properly. Even if it feels fucking ridiculous right now.'' I said sitting down on one of the hospital chairs in the corridor gesturing for her to sit next to me and she did. 

I let her explain and apparently according to her, she ran into Katie in the woods and Katie started to trick her into thinking things because Effy was so fucked at the time. Then Katie strangled her holding her down and Effy reached her hand out on the floor and hit Katie in the head with a rock as self defence but she did more damage then she meant to apparently.