11 - playing with feelings

I was back at the house now for dinner and again Karen was talking about Sexxbombs of course. 

''So, should I be called Minxy Sexxbomb or Foxy Sexxbomb?'' She asked. 

''Oh definitely Minxy!'' I faked enthusiasm and she just glared at me but then carried on talking. 

''Jordan says he likes Minxy. I want it to be Sexy Sexxbomb.'' She said. 

''Of course you do.'' I said. 

''Olivia, let your sister talk.'' My dad scolded me. 

''That's all she ever does, and it's about herself 99% of the time.'' I said. 

''Why do you have to be such a wanker?'' Karen groaned. 

''Oh I dunno.'' I shrugged. ''Why are you such an attention whore?'' 

''Bitch!'' She slapped me across the face and I slapped her back and she gasped as if she hadn't just done the same thing. 

''Olivia, apologise to your sister right now.'' My dad said. 

''She hit me first!'' I said but then realised he wasn't listening to me at all, like always so I sighed. ''Sorry Karen.''

I made sure to stick my middle finger up at her when our dad wasn't looking though. They then both started to try and get Freddie's attention but he was just staring up into the light on the ceiling. He looked pretty high to be honest

''Can't you tell?  Look at his eyes. He's completely monged.'' Karen said flicking her fingers near his eyes which caught his attention. 

''No. I'm not.'' Freddie said. ''I've...got coursework now.'' He tried to stand up. 

''You gonna tell them dad? About the thing?'' Karen asked dad. 

''Sit down!'' Dad said to Freddie who was at the doorway now. 

''I'm busy.'' Freddie said. 

''Freddie, sit down!'' Dad repeated. ''Sit down.'' Freddie then gave in and sat  back down and dad looked at both of us. ''We want you both here at 2 o'clock tomorrow.''

''What for?'' Freddie asked. 

''Filming for the interview before my final performance.'' Karen said. ''You've got to talk about how much you miss mum and how much it'll mean to you to see me win.''

''Wow.'' Freddie laughed sarcastically and so did I. ''This is like, too fucked up for words.'' He said.

''My mum's dead, vote for me!'' I said. 

''Well it's not like it's not true. I miss mum every day.'' Karen said. 

''Shit...Dad, she's doing it again.'' Freddie said. 

''This is such bullshit.'' I muttered.

''You need a story, everybody knows that.'' Karen said which caused me to scoff.  

''See!'' Freddie said. 

''She didn't mean it like that.'' Dad defended her yet again. 

''Yes, I did. At least I've got some fucking ambition!'' Karen said. 

''Ambition? Is that what you call it?'' I laughed with a scoff. 

''I don't really think that wanting Robbie Williams to jizz all over your baps counts as ambition.'' Freddie stated. 

''That's nice. That's lovely guys.'' Karen said sarcastically as she picked up her plate to take to the sink. 

''Freddie, Olivia, you both be here tomorrow at 2 o'clock in the afternoon.'' Dad said.