21 - it's hard to open up

''Have a seat you two.'' JJ pointed at Effy and I, I exchanged a look. I sat down on a stool and Effy found a box.

''JJ, mate.'' Cook said. 

JJ shook his head. ''Now let's get down to it.'' He put his hands together. ''No more envasion, no more...'Ooh I'm so fit and mysterious.'' He looked down at Effy. Even though I was beginning to sympathise with Effy a bit more, well said JJ. ''Now Effy, Freddie, he's in love with you, aren't you Freddie?'' He looked over at him, Freddie nodded a little. ''And Cook, well he loves Liv, right?'' I looked up, looking over to Cook and was somewhat surprised when he slowly nodded but I didn't show my shock. ''Okay, well just for the record, I've loved you both too. Plus, I won the race...So once this is all sorted we can finally get back to our lives.''

I didn't move a muscle, but my mind was racing at the thoughts of what I should say to Cook. He spoke before I had a chance though. ''Fuck all of yous.'' Cook said. 

''Cook!'' JJ called after him as he walked to the door. ''No!''

''Your prince charming met a bet on you.'' He said to Effy. ''Whoever wins the race gets to keep you, classy, eh?''

''Cook, stay.'' JJ pleaded. 

''No, I'm not living on my fucking knees anymore!'' Cook shouted before storming out and JJ followed after him and I decided to as well. I wasn't gonna let him just fuck everything up for himself again, we needed to talk for once. He needed to explain to me. And I wouldn't just let him say he loved me and then throw it all away. 

''Cook!'' JJ shouted as we walked across the pavement. 

''You all-You all think that I'm scum, that you're better than me, that you're better than my dad!'' Cook shouted at JJ as we all came to a stop. 

''I'm not better than your dad.'' I said. ''You are, you're better than that fucked who ran away from you, left you, abandoned you. He ran away from people that loved him and who needed him and I know you're better than that, alright?!''

''Oh piss off.'' Cook said walking off. 

''Where are you going?'' I asked. 

''I am going to drink myself to death, then I'm going to say sorry to me dad, then life finally begins!'' Cook said as I followed after him. 

''Cook, I know it's not nice to hear and maybe I'm being harsh right now but you can't stay here, your dad's just using you, I mean, can't you see that?'' I said. 

''Oh fuck off Liv!'' He shouted. 

''Just fucking talk to me properly, for once!'' I shouted after him and he turned around. 

''Fine. Talk then.'' He said. 

I was suddenly so lost for words and my mind was racing with different things to say but nothing came out. 

''Yeah, okay, thanks for that princess.'' He said taking a swig from his bottle and walking off again, except, I didn't try to stop him this time. 

I watched as he walked away from me, I stood there, feeling defeated. I tried my best to keep it together though, JJ looked over at me. ''Why does he do this shit, J?'' I questioned him as if he'd have an answer for the way Cook acts. Why he fucks up his life so much. 

''I wish I had an answer for you Liv, I really do.'' Is all JJ said. 

I went to find Cook and Freddie early the next morning, or someone, Effy even. But I couldn't find them for a good half an hour. Then I remembered the boat Cook's dad wanted and wondered if Cook might be there so I headed over to the harbour. I just didn't expect to see Cook's dad unconscious on the floor, and I heard Cook and Freddie talking from inside the boat. It was nice that they were talking again for once. 

Why him? | Skins CookOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara