17 - complications

Suddenly I noticed a shift in the crowd of people and looked to see Cook pushing people around and swinging at them, I walked with Daniel over to Freddie and JJ as they took notice. ''What the fuck is he on?'' I asked them, JJ held up some of his meds and Freddie looked at them.

''How many, JJ?'' Freddie shouted over the music, JJ didn't say anything. ''How many?!''

''Four!'' JJ shouted. ''Then another two!''

Freddie pushed him. ''You twat! What does this stuff do?''

''Calms you down and stuff...'' JJ said.

''Right!'' Freddie let out a frustrated laugh. ''You see that, you stupid fucking idiot!'' I looked over my shoulder at Cook as he pushed people around and shouted at them. Freddie grabbed a hold of Cook and walked to the back of the club to a quieter wall, where he pushed Cook against the wall. I watched Cook slide down the wall and sit down, laughing. ''What the fuck were you doing?'' Freddie questioned JJ.

''I'm sorry-I'm sorry, he pissed me off!'' JJ argued.

''How?!'' Freddie asked.

''Doesn't matter, just say he's gonna be alright.'' JJ said.

I looked down at Cook, he was bleeding from his nose, and by the look of it, his mouth too, he leaned his head back against the wall, I watched Freddie step forward. ''He's gonna be alright. You're always fucking alright, aren't you Cook?'' He hit Cook's head. ''Aren't you?''

''Stop.'' I pulled Freddie's hand away.

''Top pills, man.'' Cook woke up now, looking over at JJ. ''I knew you'd come for me, three musketeers and the lady.'' Cook laughed in his delirious state. ''Though today, the lady has a man with her.'' He said sort of bitterly looking over at Daniel.

''Fuck off, Cook.'' Freddie glared down at him, he didn't want to hear it.

''Freddie...she loves you, you know?'' Cook said.

''What?'' Freddie asked.

''But, she can't stand it. Can't stand the love, so she fucks me instead.'' Cook said.

''What's he saying?'' Freddie looked over at JJ who sunk back a little, trying to disappear. ''What?''

''I think you're gonna get the truth.'' JJ told Freddie, I looked down at Cook again, furrowing my brow.

''Cook?'' Freddie turned around, looking down a him once more.

Cook could barely keep his eyes open, he was fucked beyond believe. ''I'm pissed off, yeah, cause she's taking the piss, and it's hurting me, cause Cook needs the love to,'' He pointed to himself, ''Cookie's got nothing.'' However much I was angry at him it hurt to see him spilling his heart out here and realising just how lonely he is. I mean, his dad did leave him then his mum went and kicked him out, leaving him pretty much alone. Me, Freddie and JJ were the only family he's ever really had, we're all he has left.

''Everything alright guys?'' Thomas came to the scene.

''Cookie's always got nothing.'' Cook continued. ''That's why I popped Panda. Panda's popped.'' He smiled. ''It's always the same great tits Panda, great tits Effy. That's all I get cause I'm shit. I'm pure shit.'' He said before he started to laugh and I could see Thomas glaring down at Cook now. I'm just relieved he didn't say anything about me to Freddie.

Thomas then lunged forward aiming for Cook but Freddie held him back. ''Woah, Thomas, back off, no, okay mate? No.''

''He does not deserve friends.'' Thomas said to which Cook agreed to with a 'yeah.''