5 - crashing an engagement party

Of course we were all on our way to the party in no time with a hyper Cook in the lead.

''Does he always get his way?'' Naomi asked me.

''Oh yeah.'' I nodded.

Cook started shouting in excitement before trying to run past the bouncer and act casual but he held him back.

''Not comin' in.'' The bouncer said.

''Why not?'' Cook asked.

''Private party. Plus underage. Plus don't like look of you. Not comin' in.'' He said in a monotone voice.

''Listen to me, robot.'' Cook started and I sighed knowing how this was going to go. ''Right, you may rank way above me in terms of strength and size, but at least I can love. Now, can you let me in?'' He tried pushing past him again but the bouncer pulled him back.

''Not comin' in.'' He repeated.

''Listen, fate has brought me here. Do you understand? You're not letting fate in the club. It's not like fate is wearing trainers or anything. Fate just wants a couple of drinks, a little dance. And fate is actually also desperate for the toilet. Now can we come-'' Cook started to try and enter but the bouncer pulled him back again.

''How about you fuck off?'' The bouncer told Cook as I sighed knowing Cook was going to say something stupid.

''How about you're a fucking cock? I'll fucking break your fucking face, mate!'' He said as Freddie just looked at him in disbelief on how stupid he was being at the moment.

''What?'' The bouncer asked him even though he clearly heard.

''I said I'll fucking break your fucking face-'' Cook started as Freddie pulled him away.

''You're gonna get your fucking head kicked in here.'' Freddie told Cook as the group walked a few metres away. ''Come on! Just chill out, yeah?''

''I don't think he's going to let us in.'' Naomi stated the obvious.

''Nah. He's just an obstacle. We're meant to go to this party. Fate'll sort it. Just wait. '' Cook insisted.

''What, do you believe in fate now Cook? Cause you've been banging on about it since college started.'' I told him.

''Maybe I do babes.'' He said as I just shrugged.

Then, Karen and a blonde girl in a yellow dress came out of the party.

''What the fuck are you doing here?'' Karen asked me and Freddie.

''Lovely to see you too sis.'' I gave her a sarcastic smile.

''You can't come in, it's private.'' Karen said.

''Don't be like that sis. It's Cook's birthday.'' Freddie said but with not that much effort.

''Unless you've got drugs, fuck off and take your friends with you.'' Karen said.

''As sweet as ever.'' I muttered and she glared at me.

''Aww, come on Karen.'' Cook said going up to her and wrapping his arm around her. ''I'll make it up to you, I promise.'' He wiggled his tongue as I groaned.

''Yeah. Look, it's not my decision.'' Karen pushed Cook off of her. ''It's her party.'' She gestured to the blonde girl next to her.

''I'm getting married.'' The blonde girl said who I now know is Kayleigh as she showed off her ring.

''Congratulations.'' Cook said before kissing her on the lips for a good 10 seconds.

''Jesus.'' I muttered. The girl's literally engaged. Can he not for just a bit?