Why him? | Skins Cook

By sk1nscook_xoxo

A skins Cook fanfic. (Cook x oc) Turns out Freddie has another sister besides Karen, a twin sister, Olivia M... More

intro
1 - a girl
2 - new and familiar people
3 - girls like idiots apparently
4 - cook's b day
6 - relief and slight suspicions
7 - my own person
8 - underground rave
9 - never
10 - trouble
11 - playing with feelings
12 - more than pissed off
13 - fuck him
14 - i'm jealous?
15 - naive
16 - mess of friends
17 - complications
18 - gobblers end
19 - secrets
20 - delusional??
21 - it's hard to open up
author's note
summer extra - fancy date??

5 - crashing an engagement party

468 11 0
By sk1nscook_xoxo

Of course we were all on our way to the party in no time with a hyper Cook in the lead.

''Does he always get his way?'' Naomi asked me.

''Oh yeah.'' I nodded.

Cook started shouting in excitement before trying to run past the bouncer and act casual but he held him back.

''Not comin' in.'' The bouncer said.

''Why not?'' Cook asked.

''Private party. Plus underage. Plus don't like look of you. Not comin' in.'' He said in a monotone voice.

''Listen to me, robot.'' Cook started and I sighed knowing how this was going to go. ''Right, you may rank way above me in terms of strength and size, but at least I can love. Now, can you let me in?'' He tried pushing past him again but the bouncer pulled him back.

''Not comin' in.'' He repeated.

''Listen, fate has brought me here. Do you understand? You're not letting fate in the club. It's not like fate is wearing trainers or anything. Fate just wants a couple of drinks, a little dance. And fate is actually also desperate for the toilet. Now can we come-'' Cook started to try and enter but the bouncer pulled him back again.

''How about you fuck off?'' The bouncer told Cook as I sighed knowing Cook was going to say something stupid.

''How about you're a fucking cock? I'll fucking break your fucking face, mate!'' He said as Freddie just looked at him in disbelief on how stupid he was being at the moment.

''What?'' The bouncer asked him even though he clearly heard.

''I said I'll fucking break your fucking face-'' Cook started as Freddie pulled him away.

''You're gonna get your fucking head kicked in here.'' Freddie told Cook as the group walked a few metres away. ''Come on! Just chill out, yeah?''

''I don't think he's going to let us in.'' Naomi stated the obvious.

''Nah. He's just an obstacle. We're meant to go to this party. Fate'll sort it. Just wait. '' Cook insisted.

''What, do you believe in fate now Cook? Cause you've been banging on about it since college started.'' I told him.

''Maybe I do babes.'' He said as I just shrugged.

Then, Karen and a blonde girl in a yellow dress came out of the party.

''What the fuck are you doing here?'' Karen asked me and Freddie.

''Lovely to see you too sis.'' I gave her a sarcastic smile.

''You can't come in, it's private.'' Karen said.

''Don't be like that sis. It's Cook's birthday.'' Freddie said but with not that much effort.

''Unless you've got drugs, fuck off and take your friends with you.'' Karen said.

''As sweet as ever.'' I muttered and she glared at me.

''Aww, come on Karen.'' Cook said going up to her and wrapping his arm around her. ''I'll make it up to you, I promise.'' He wiggled his tongue as I groaned.

''Yeah. Look, it's not my decision.'' Karen pushed Cook off of her. ''It's her party.'' She gestured to the blonde girl next to her.

''I'm getting married.'' The blonde girl said who I now know is Kayleigh as she showed off her ring.

''Congratulations.'' Cook said before kissing her on the lips for a good 10 seconds.

''Jesus.'' I muttered. The girl's literally engaged. Can he not for just a bit?

''Will you let us in?'' Cook asked her.

''Well, there is a pretty strict dress code.'' Kayleigh said.

''How strict, exactly?'' Cook pulled out his little baggie of drugs that Keith had given him.

Karen and Kayleigh then both smiled and they definitely seemed pleased so of course we were let in. The atmosphere was pretty different than what most of us hoped though but Cook seemed happy enough, going off with Karen and Kayleigh in front of us as he put his hand up Kayleigh's dress and starting touching her bare arse.

''When she said 'party'...'' Freddie started.

''You thought she meant an acid fuelled sex rave without the Mancunians.'' Katie said.

''This is more...'' JJ started.

''Jelly and ice cream.'' Effy finished.

I then decided to go over to Cook who was still unfortunately with my sister and Kayleigh.

''Gross. I hate champagne.'' Cook said as he finished a glass.

''Why you fucking drinking it, then?'' Karen asked him.

''It's free.'' I answered for him.

''See, Liv knows me too well.'' He said as a familiar looking man walked over.

''Dad!'' Kayleigh said to him.

''Kayleigh kins.'' He said.

''Hi! This is Cookie.'' She introduced Cook with a nickname which I found a bit unnecessary and annoying since she barely knew him but I don't know why I'm letting it bother me anyways.

I then looked at Kayleigh's dad who was now staring at Cook and finally clocked who it was and I froze. Don't say anything stupid Cook. Please.

''Finish your drink, kid. Have as much as you like. Nothing's too good for my Kayleigh, right?'' He said in a menacing manner to Cook.

''Right.'' Cook smiled and nodded but didn't seem to be taking it seriously.

''And I wouldn't want anything to ruin the evening....Drop the tone...Anything at all. Okay?'' He said and it felt like a threat to me.

''Right you are.'' Cook smiled as he carried on sipping on his drink.

''Enjoy.'' He nodded to Cook before turning to Kayleigh. ''Kayleigh. You're almost a woman.''

''Thanks, daddy.'' She smiled at him.

''Almost.'' He said before cupping her head and kissing her on the lips for a few seconds in front of everyone. Bit of a weird dad and daughter relationship but alright. ''See you around, Cookie.'' He said to Cook before leaving.

''You twat. Didn't you know?'' Karen asked Cook.

''Fuck it, man. I'm just getting started.'' Cook laughed.

''I know he might look like some small skinny geezer but you've heard the stories so you better act right or he'll fucking kill you, alright?'' I said.

''Small skinny geezer, you're funny, you know MCclair.'' Cook laughed, not taking into account what I was actually saying to him.

''What's the fuss?'' Emily asked clearly not aware.

''He's Johnny White. The gangster.'' Effy told her.

''Yeah. Legend.'' Cook said calmly.

''He murdered those 2 nuns over a pint of Guinness.''' Freddie said.

''Allegedly.'' Kayleigh defended her dad.

''I hear he once stabbed a policeman in the neck with a stuffed guillemot.'' JJ added.

''That's so not true. It was a puffin.'' Kayleigh corrected as if it made it any better.

''So, who's for narcotics?'' Cook changed the subject.

Karen, Kayleigh, Effy, me and Freddie said 'me' but when it got to Pandora we were all a bit confused, especially Effy.

''What?'' She asked her friend.

''I've decided I love drugs.'' Pandora said.

Soon enough, we were in the bathroom sharing out the powder and sniffing it.

''What is it?'' Karen asked as her and Kayleigh hadn't had any yet.

''Uncle Keith's special blend. A hallucinogenic opiate and stimulant. Four hours of THC giggles and MDMA highs with a transcendental kicker.'' Cook explained.

''Sounds good.'' Kayleigh said.

''Well, come on then. Jesus.'' Karen said.

''All in good time, babes.'' Cook said before passing the baggie to Pandora. ''Weird girl?''

''Yeah?'' She asked him.

''Hold that.'' He said as she took it from him.

''Fuck's sakes, are we getting any or what?'' Karen demanded again.

''Be patient Karen.'' I mocked.

''No, no, Panda, wait!'' I heard Effy say as I turned around to see that Pandora had just swallowed the whole bag of drugs. And yes, swallowed.

''Hang on, what you doing?'' Kayleigh asked her.

''What? Was that wrong?'' Pandora asked confused.

''Did you just swallow my drugs?'' Cook asked.

''She's fucking finished it!'' Karen complained.

''It tastes horrible.'' Pandora said and I couldn't help but giggle a little.

''You're not supposed to eat it. It goes up the nose, you twat.'' Kayleigh told her.

Me, Effy, Katie and Cook were finding quite a lot of enjoyment out of this though.

''Let's go fly a kite, girl.'' Cook said.

''Well, what about us?'' Karen seemed pissed off.

''You can drink some of the weird girl's blood, she's like a walking syringe.'' Cook joked as I laughed. I would've usually been a bit more worried for the girl but I could already feel the effects of the drugs and found the whole situation funny is all really.

''My mouth's gone all numb.'' Pandora said with a muffled voice.

''I'm not surprised!'' Cook laughed.

''We've done ours, let's go.'' Katie said to us with a laugh as we made our way out.

''Come on Panders, we're out of here.'' Effy took her along with us.

I then went with the girls onto the dance floor and it was fun. I even forgot about my dislike for Effy in my high state as we twirled each other around a bit. I then spotted Freddie from the bar as he was staring at Effy. I decided to go over to him. 

''You look like a creep.'' I told him. 

''What?'' He asked. 

''Stop staring so much.'' I said and he sighed. ''Why aren't you having any drugs anyways?''

''I dunno, I just don't have a good feeling about today. I feel like this will be one of the nights I have to drag Cook home.'' He said. 

''Isn't that every night?'' I asked him. 

''Well, yeah, but, I dunno.'' He said. 

''You know you don't have to worry about Cook all the time Freddie. It's your life, worry about yourself for once, alright?'' I told him. 

''Thanks sis.'' He said. 

''No problem, brother.'' I said. 

''I need more class A drugs, quick.'' Cook came over to us with JJ. 

''Why?'' JJ questioned. 

''Cause that Kayleigh girl just gave me the look.'' Cook explained. 

''What sort of look is that now?'' I asked him. 

''This one.'' He said looking me up and down which somehow made me freeze for a second. Just a second. 

''Right, I see what you mean. JJ said. ''Freddie, we've got to get this man some drugs.''

''Why?'' Freddie asked. 

''Do the look.'' JJ asked Cook as he demonstrated again on Freddie but he didn't seem to get it. 

''What does that mean?'' He asked. 

''It means I'm getting laid tonight, Freds.'' Cook said. 

''Please, not Kayleigh. Think of me and JJ.'' Freddie said. 

''You're not fucking her.'' Cook said. 

''I thought you liked Effy.'' Freddie said. 

''Yeah, she's a peach. But I already tapped that, top-dollar shag. She's my last resort sure thing, I reckon.'' He said. It was starting to get really hot in here. 

''You shagged Effy?'' Freddie asked. 

''Aw come on, Freds.'' Cook said.

''When?'' Freddie asked him. 

''First day I met her.'' Cook said. 

''Why didn't you tell us?'' Freddie asked him. 

''I thought it was obvious.'' I said. 

''Because apart from those times when my cock is actually up your ass, you have no reason to worry about where it is the rest of the time.'' Cook said. 

''But...JJ likes her.'' Freddie said. That's definitely the reason you're so concerned. 

''I was gonna ask her out, I mean, she seemed like she liked me.'' JJ said. Bless him. 

''You snooze, you lose, dude.'' Cook said and Freddie definitely seemed annoyed by him. 

''I'm gonna go outside for some air, isn't it really hot in here?'' I said before quickly making my way out. 

I sat on a bench outside and took out a cigarette. I don't know why but I just really wanted a smoke right now. I also felt like crying but that was probably just my period coming up. 

Only a second later, Naomi came outside with Emily following behind. 

''Wait!'' Emily called after her. 

''What?'' Naomi asked. 

''Where are you going?'' Emily asked her. 

''Home.'' Naomi bluntly replied. 

''Don't go.'' Emily pleaded. 

''Why not?'' Naomi asked her turning around now. 

''I dunno. Because...'' Emily started. 

''Why does your sister think I'm gay?'' Naomi asked her. 

''Sorry.'' Emily told her. 

''See you around, Emily.'' Naomi walked off. Emily then turned around and noticed me as I sort of half smiled at her as she came over to me. 

''You heard all of that, didn't you?'' She asked me. 

''Yep.'' I nodded. ''But you don't have to worry about me, I promise.''

''Thanks.'' She smiled at me. 

''And if you ever need to talk, well, just I don't know call or text me or whatever.'' I said. 

''Thanks. You're actually really nice. aren't you?'' She said as I just shrugged. ''Then why are you so close with someone like Cook?''

''He's...complicated. I've known him forever and I know he's a nice soul at heart, though I get if you can't tell just yet. He's not got the easiest life either.'' I told her and she nodded. 

''I think I'm gonna go home now but I'll see you at college, yeah?'' Emily said and I nodded and smiled at her as we said goodbye and she walked off. I stayed out for a few more minutes for a smoke and just to clear my head a bit before going back inside. I didn't really feel like staying any longer but I also didn't want to miss out. I need to know what will happen. I don't know why. I just do. And it's Cook's birthday after all. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.7K 954 12
What if Effy had a cousin named Sophie? How this girl's life would go in the Bristol's wild group? Disclaimer: I don't own Skins. I only own Sophie a...
167K 3.4K 34
I'm fucked, angel. so am i. we'll be fucked together, then. _________________________ A JAMES COOK FANFIC MOSSYKNEESOCKS
89.9K 1.8K 57
It started out with a kiss; how did it end up like this? It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss ( Cook x Freddie x Effy x OC ) - please remember i wr...
65.9K 1.3K 40
"I'm just a bad luck charm that's been used one too many times." Twin sister of Pandora Moon faces a love cube between herself, Effy, Cook and Freddi...