Give us a chance? (Natasha Ro...

By Justine_Romanoff

You're Y/N Anderson, a cop, with powers but nobody knows that. You don't want any of this 'super-hero life'... More

The meeting
Friend's Advices
Police and Stark
Dangerous night
Girls evening
Strange behaviors
Central park
A date?
The Avengers Initiative
Beginning of a team?
Investigating
Loki
Chaos
Assemble
Battle
After fight
The new trio
Discussion
Morning
Work
Wild Night
Plans
An Official Date
Hostage
Doing Great
Challenge
Training
Car Ride
Via Ferata
Changing Roles?
Saturday
Trio's Back
Relax
Missing
Boyfriend
Fight?
Fight.
Saved
Party
Speeches
Full Attention
Coming Back
Break
Pain Killers
Missions
Lemurian Star
New Job
Hospital
Meeting, Again.
Feelings
Jim Spencer
Mall
HYDRA
Confessions
New Plan
Zola's Algorithm
The Winter Soldier
Bucky
Stress Before the Storm
S.H.I.E.L.D. Versus HYDRA
Crossbone Versus Anderson
Give Us a Chance?
Captain
Three Little Words
Shut Up
Quinjet
Russia
Fake Hope
Family Reunion
Old Room
Ice Skating
Anger Management
Questions
Cloud Gazing
Truth Hurts
Forgive And Move On
The Barton Family
Kids
Waking Up And Finding Strategies
Old Friend
After Party
Humor and Work
Seperated Floors
Brutal
Casino
Private Room
Worry
Strucker
Blanket, Korean and Jarvis
Jealousy
Love Of My Life
Worthy?
Good Old Way
Illusions
Reality Versus Fantasy
Evolution
Priorities
Captive
Protect
Reconstruction
Skills
Uno
Leads
Brussels
Attempt To a Calm Date

Standing Up For What Is Right

1K 33 1
By Justine_Romanoff

Y/N's POV:

We arrived in Washington in the beginning of the evening and booked ourselves a room in the first motel we found, paying cash obviously, and ate pizza while having fun in our room. In that time, Fury also called us for a meeting tomorrow.

As i went to sleep my thoughts went a bit wild, though.

I have an hearing that could ruin my life in less than 24 hours, but I've never been more serene in my whole life. Because we both forgave each other and ourselves for what happened, and on top of that, I get to be with the woman I love for the rest of my life. And none of the idiots I'll meet tomorrow can take that away from me.

The next morning, Nat and I both got dressed properly for the occasion, Nat put on a stunning black blazer along with a black skirt, as I went for a black jumpsuit. I could've sworn I heard Nat mumble 'mine' after I got changed, sending shivers through my spine.

We arrived in the building earlier than needed, yet we were still met with a countless number of journalists taking pictures of us, more annoyingly, it doesn't stop when the hearing starts. What is so interesting to people in what's happening? What's the use to see us put our hand on a bible while we 'solemnly swear to the tell the truth, the whole through, and bla bla bla?'. It happens every time there are trials or earrings, move on!

"Why haven't we yet heard from Captain Rogers?" Is the first question of the committee, they aren't wasting any time, I see.

"I don't know what there is left for him to say. I think the wreck in the middle of the Potomac made his point faulty eloquently." Nat replies right back.

"Well he could explain how this country is expected to maintain its national security now that he and the 2 of you have laid waste to our intelligence apparatus." The idiotic old white man insists.

"And let's not forget the partly destructed New York Police Département." Another one adds, my jaw clenching on its own.

"HYDRA was selling you lied, not intelligence. In both agencies." My girlfriend defends.

"Many of which you seemed to have had a personal hand in telling." The committee emmener counters.

"Agents, you should know that there are some on this committee who feel, given your services records, both for this country and against it, that you belong in a penitentiary. Not mouthing off on Capitol Hill." A dumbass threatens.

That's it. He ran my patience short. I abruptly stand up, all eyes now looking at me. "I'm sorry, you're telling me I've been representing this country's police forces for almost a decade. A country that isn't mine, I shall remind. I helped to save the world 3 times in the last 4 years and it isn't enough to forgive me my record against this country? That's what you're implying?" I say incredulously, on the verge of anger.

"We didn't make you do any of those crimes." The man denies, implying that trying to make up for my crimes doesn't make me less accountable for them.

"You're right, HYDRA did. It's even written in the file you're currently using against me. But isn't HYDRA something part of all those agencies, this country owns?" I spit back.

"She's right." Nat chimes in. "You can't put her in a prison. Like you're not going to put me or any of us in a prison. You know why?" Nat takes the lead once again.

"Do enlighten us." The man says practically admitting he lost. What come back could possibly make him win?

"Because you need us. Yes, the world is a vulnerable place, and yes, we help make it that way. But we're also the ones best qualified to defend it. So if you want to arrest us, arrest us. You'll know where to find us." After the masterpiece of a mini-speech Nat just gave, she waits a few seconds, giving them a chance to reply, while giving me the opportunity to watch the members' faces decompose slowly as they realize she verbally kicked their asses.

When nothing comes out of their mouth, she stands up and I follow her towards the exit as we both walk out with a small smirk, never once looking at the cameras or answering questions thrown our way. Now that is something worth picturing.

Once we're out, we get to the car and Nat takes the wheel, driving us back to the motel. Since the hearing turned out a lot shorter than it was originally supposed to be, we decided to take the time to go back to the motel to change and pack, so we won't have to come back after meeting Fury. Thing is, by doing this, we may be a bit tight to meet Fury, actually, we're in a rush.

"So much for wasting 10 minutes of our lives." I grumble to myself and hear Nat chuckling in the bathroom.

Once Nat gets out, I realize she isn't in the same outfit anymore, but it's still very classy, leather and all. She's also gorgeous, but there's nothing new to that.

"I went for more comfortable, I didn't know we needed to wear fancy stuff to meet Fury." I say, questioning my clothing choices.

"Don't worry, darling. You're perfect." She tells me, straightening my black denim jacket a bit and then pecking my lips, leaving me with a huge smile on.

We then rush to the graveyard and arrive right on time, the thing is, we don't know where the grave we're supposed to meet at is, so we arrive slightly late... It's alright, though, it's more dramatic.

Once we finally see the 3 men, Steve and Fury are shaking hands. That's when I realize the Cap doesn't even look injured in the slightest.

"What the fuck!?" I exclaim in a whisper tone. "He got shot and stabbed 2 days ago!!! He looks like he could do it again! The Winter Soldier grabbed my wrist with his metal arm 3 days ago and it still hurts." I complain with a fake pout on my face.

"That's Super-Soldier serum for you." Natasha says lightly, right before we get close enough to hear their conversation, we'll, close enough so I can hear it, because madam next to me has the serum too.

"Anybody asks for me, tell them they can find me, right here." Fury tells the blondie, looking at his own tombstone. He then makes his exit like nothing ever happened. I guess he didn't want to see our dramatic arrival. Hypocrite.

"You should be honored. That's about has close as he gets to saying thank you." Nat teases.

As they're both about to stop face to face, I let them be in private and walk past Rogers, patting his shoulder. "Happy to see you in better shape, bud."

"Y/N" The man calls, making me spin on my heels, while on my way to Sam. "I'm glad I've met you, really." He says sincerely, making me smile and nod.

"It was an honor, Captain." I reply, before turning back towards Sam. "It was also an honor to meet Falcon, a.k.a. Cap's partner."

The man smiles before pulling me in a quick side hug. "I think people will see me more as a right hand man than a partner." Wilson says, surprising me.

"Pretty sure Steve doesn't see it like that." I counter with a frown.

"Yeah. But the guy's humble. I can't do all he does." The man argues again. Is he resigned to this position? What the hell?

"Do you see Barbie over there flying around, avoiding missiles, while shooting bad guys?" I ask rhetorically, the guy letting a small laugh escape his lips. "You're a hero. Just as much as Steve is." I add.

"You're right, I'm awesome" He gives in proudly.

"Hell yeah you are!" I answer, giving the man a little encouraging nudge. "In a better world, a near future I hope, a white man with blonde hair and blue eyes won't always be the first image of a an American hero people will see in their mind." I say on more serious tone.

"Thanks, it means a lot, really." He answers. There's a few seconds of silence as we switch subjects. "So everything ended up working out between you and Romanoff?"

I nod, about to reply in details, but Wilson gently taps my arm while starting at the other 2 people close to us. I then also turn around, just in time to see Nat pecking Roger's cheek.

"Are you cheating on me with Steve!?" I exclaim in faux-hurt, making Nat look at me behind Steve and roll her eyes at my antics. "Really!? 2 can play this game, you know Romanoff?" I challenge, turning back towards the man next to me. "Do I have your consent to make a really dangerous, yet hilarious joke?" I whisper.

"As long as you protect me from her afterwards." Is his answer.

I lean in towards his lips and the last thing I hear before pecking his cheek last second is. "Y/N Florence Anderson! Don't you dare!"... I dared.

Then, right after the joke that can totally lead to my death, I start running away. "It was really nice to see the 2 of you again! We'll see each other soon, I can feel it!" I bud my goodbyes to both men without looking back.

Though I can still hear the end of the conversation. "Be careful Steve. You might not want to pull on that thread." She warns before jogging towards me. Here comes my death.

I get to the car before Nat catches up with me, giving me a glimpse of hope that is instantly reduced to shreds when I try to open the Corvette's door, but it's locked. Shit. I should've predicted that.

I turn around to see Nat, keys in hand, smirking, but still looking furious. "Heyyyyy! Nat! Did I already tell you your coat is really-" I start innocently.

"Save it Anderson." She orders and grabs my jaw once she's in front of me. Her grip isn't harsh, but it surely is firm. "You know I love you and all," The words leaving her mouth so casually brings littéral butterflies in my stomach. "But if you try to pull that off ever again...Sam will most probably die, and none of us want that, right?" She then approaches her mouth from my ear to whisper her next words. "You're mine детка" (Babe) She's so calm all speech long that it makes it scary, in the best way.

"Got it." I mumble, gulping.

"Great." She answers, pulling me into a kiss she's in full complete control of, it's possessive and I want nothing else from this kiss.

We both pull out when we start lacking air in our lungs and Nat finally unlocks the car's doors for us to get in, Nat in the driver's seat, obviously.

"Where are we going?" I ask the woman I love.

"I had something in mind, unless you have a special request?" She suggests politely, while starting the engine.

"I'm all ears." I indicate for her to tell me where she wants to go.

"Then to Russia it is." She reveals, making my eyes widen.

A/N: Heyyyy people! This the end of today's chapter, hope you enjoyed it! I also wanted to tell you guys that I won't be posting any chapter for the next 2 weeks, I'm kinda just taking mini vacations of everything and then I'll be right back with even better ideas! Anygays, spend a great rest of your day, see yaaaaaaaa :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 340 45
This is the second part of the story, to understand what is going on you should probably watch the first part of the story that is on tiktok under th...
211K 3.2K 62
Welcome to my Marvel Women One Shots! This is my first time writing one shots so stand by while I figure out what I'm doing. I am currently acceptin...
467K 13.8K 85
Y/N has been trying to live the most possible mundane life as possible for the past 10 centuries. But she is dragged back into the superhero life. Sh...
99.8K 2.3K 42
just a little N.R. x Y/N Stark fanfiction "You just wanna stare at her for the rest of the evening or will you actually go over and talk to her?" "Y...