The Unnecessary Alliance

By authorkayyyy

BOOK 1 IN THE UNNECESSARY SERIES Aadish Arya never needed her, nor wanted her. But his father made this pact... More

COPYRIGHT
PREFACE
DEDICATION
CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS
THE PACT
THE DINNER
THE DILEMMA
THE DATE
THE ROSES
THE CHARITY EVENT
THE NIGHT
THE JEALOUSY
THE BARBIE
THE CYCLING
THE MARK
THE REALISATION
THE HUG
THE TARGETS
THE ARGUMENT
THE ETERNAL
THE ROSARIUM
THE BLAME GAME
THE PAST
THE CONFRONTATION
THE PROBATION
THE PROPOSAL
THE ENGAGEMENT
THE MOVING IN
THE YOU ARE MY FIRST
THE UNNECESSARY WIFE
THE FIASCO
THE HEARTBREAK
THE LEAVING
THE HURT
THE HALF NEWS
THE RECONCILIATION
THE BOARD
THE NOT SO FAST
THE PLAN
THE SURRENDER
THE TRUTH
THE REUNION
THE PREPARATIONS
THE TEASE
THE SANGEET
THE WEDDING
WEDDING ALBUM (pictures)
EPILOGUE ♡
BONUS CHAPTERS AND MORE
AUTHOR's NOTE

THE NEWS

77.9K 4.1K 635
By authorkayyyy

कहते है अगर किसी चीज को दिल से चाहो
तो पूरी कायनात उसे तुमसे मिलाने की कोशिश में लग जाती है|

VANIE's POV

It's been a long day for me. We had a debate competition in school today and I was the coordinator of today's event. I love to see kids being all professional while arguing against the motion or for the motion.

There's nothing more thrilling than teenagers actually putting in efforts and finding information and facts.

But what's not thrilling is when they get too involved into it and make each other cry. I had to console two kids today, both of them debating for the motion. Riya and Taran are two shining stars of my class, but sometimes you just lose. It's a part of life, something that is very hard for two 13 year olds to understand.

I step out of my Honda City, after parking it right next to my brother's car. As I stand on the pavement of our garage, I can't help but look at the contrast between my brother's and my car. His is a Bugatti Veyron. He is the spoilt child of my parents. He is 21, freshly out of college, unemployed but yet he owns a car more expensive than mine's.

I bought my own car at instalments after I started earning. And I am so proud of myself.

Can't say the same for my parents. Even if I climbed the Mt. Everest, they would still find a way to make me feel small, inferior and unwanted.

I shake my head and move towards the entrance of the house. My family sits in the garden in front of the house. I head towards them, in order to join them. I sit next to my grandmother, my only supporter, and she pats my shoulder.

I look up at everyone, only to find all of them staring at me. Okay, what did I do now?

My mother breaks the silence first. "You are 25, Vanie. It's time to get settled and your father and I found the perfect match for you." She looks towards my father, who clears his throat and says,"I made a deal and the marriage will be beneficial to both the families. We are announcing the engagement in 30 minutes-"

"You what?" I shout and don't let him finish.

Did he just say a deal? Like, my marriage is not something sacred to him, but business

"Don't you dare raise your voice at your father, Vanie? Such a spoilt brat. Act your age."

The rage runs through my body, my ears heat and the only thing I can think of is how easily they traded me in a deal. Didn't even bother asking me? My eyes start to water. I take deep breaths trying to push the tears away.

"How can you do this?" I murmur slowly.

"Stop being dramatic, be ready at 8:00. The Aryas will be over for a family dinner." My father pushes his chair back and heads toward the house.
"The who?" I repeat refusing to believe what I just heard.
"The Aryas. Aadish Arya, he is the one you are marrying. So get your shit together and please stop acting like a child." My mother heads toward the house too.

My eyes follow her as the guards hold the door for her. My body's reaction to the news is completely out of my understanding. Am I happy? Nervous? Scared? Mad? Angry?

Because, there is no way that a forced arranged marriage can make me feel all excited. I must be hysterical.

It can't be true, right. Aadish, The Aadish Arya, there's no way this is true. I am definitely dreaming.

I pinch myself and damn it hurts.

I look towards my grandmother who is smiling at me. She places her hand over my head. "This is the Universe working in your favour, darling."

I try to hide my excitement, happiness and nervousness after hearing her words, while, trying to form a proper sentence in my head. But my grandmother continues before I can speak.

"You think I don't know." She laughs. "I know you,since, you were in your diapers. I know how you look at him."

I blush. I bite the inside of my cheeks to stop smiling. I can't smile.

You idiot stop smiling, I hiss at myself.

My grandmother laughs out loud and I run towards my room.

I throw myself on the bed and cover my face with a pillow. And scream.
God, how can I marry the man, on whom I have had a crush,since, my sorry ass discovered hormones.

I pick my phone up and call, Sidya. She might not answer, since, she must be working.
But she picks up in first ring.

"Oh tu zinda hai." She answers in her mocking voice.

(Oh! You are alive.)

"Haha! Very funny. Now shut your mouth and listen. I am marrying THE AADISH ARYA." I shout into the phone.

"Huh!"

"Kya, kuch bol." I reply.

(What, say something)

"Vanie, if this is some new manifestation technique or prank, I am gonna kill you." She whispers in shock.
"Bro, my parents arranged this marriage. Some sort of a deal. They are announcing it in 30 minutes. You can catch it online on any news channel."

"OMG! OMG!! Kismat ho toh tere jaisi. Bhai, mdm ji crush se shaadi kr rhi hai." She shouts.

(One needs to have a luck like you, marrying your crush.)

I laugh.

"Acha, chl tu kl ghrpe aana. Ab phn rkh mujhe tyaar hona hai."

(Come over at my place tomorrow. I am hanging up need to get dressed.)

I cut the phone. My phone rings with a notification from Sidya.

"You bitch, you hung up on me. But it's okay. Damn, I need a few business days to digest the news."

I laugh.

"Told you manifestation works." I reply back.

I start looking for what I am going to wear today.

After 2 hours, 6:00PM

Is it too late to go shopping?
I have nothing to wear.

All my clothes, are either way too fancy or too blehhh.

God! Why did I even buy these things? Never even wore half of these.

I look up to find two unfamiliar faces staring at me. I raise a brow.

"Your parents hired us to dress you for today. We have a few dresses here. And we will also help you with hair and makeup."

I get up, run and hug them. MY SAVIOURS.

"You have no idea, how much you just helped me. Please come in."

They stare at each other. Probably wondering how unmannered I am for someone so rich. But then they smile and step in.

They show me a series of outfit. Each prettier than the other. All of these scream luxury, definitely the goal my parents are going for.

I choose a white suit.

I sit in the chair, while the two of them run to and fro, trying to find the right jewellery, footwear, makeup.

At 7:30

I look at myself in the mirror. I really love the flower in my hair.

God, the makeup is so good. I could never do it this good.

I am so grateful the girls were here to help me.
I turn back to thank them for today. But they are already gone.

I click a few pictures. Then, send them to Sidya.

She replies instantaneously.

"Ditch, Aadish. Marry me😭."
"Nah, you ain't the one." I reply.
"Dost- dost na rha." She replies

(Friend changed)

I laugh hard. And my laughing fit comes to an end when I find my father staring at me.

He stares at me with clenched jaws. "If, I hear you laughing this hard at the table, I will make you regret it."

My laughter vanishes. I try to calm myself. My parents have always had issue with me being too loud.
I use to argue back as a kid. But, now, I have just given up. I have realised that me talking back makes them even more angry at me. Which is also why, I avoid their company most of the times.

I simply nod.

"Come, they are here. We have to receive them."

My heartbeat increases. It feels like, if, my heart were to beat any harder, it might just pop out. My hands get clammy.

Shit, I am nervous.

I take a few deep breaths. My legs tremble as I walk down the stairs.

Don't fall, don't fall, don't fall. I chant.

My cheeks heat up and he is not even here yet. God! How am I going to sit through an entire dinner with him?

I stand in front of the closed door with my family as the bell rings.

Suddenly, my hearing stops working. My legs can't move. My face is all red.

God! Why am I so nervous?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How was the chapter guys? Now, I have finally introduced both the main characters. I can't wait for their story. I am so damn excited. Tell me your views.

Please Vote and Comment. It would mean so much to me.

Find me on instagram :- @authoravnie

Till next time bye-bye!
Xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 9.1K 51
BOOK 1 - YOUR SERIES . The one who was rude, arrogant, cold hearted used to melt when he was around the love of his life, vachi. Everyone knew about...
153K 6.2K 24
HIS OBSESSION series - BOOK 1 ' To all the book girlies , who are not so innocent ~ here is your man , opps fictional man who is ready to make your...
15.6K 1.9K 12
PRERNA MATHUR is a beautiful and successful businesswoman, but the shallow world has reduced her existence to just looks and richness. Being the only...
200K 9.7K 35
Vivaan Rajput: A 28 year old billionaire of few words, holding an aura which can bring anyone to their knees, he is president of Rajput industries. T...