The Unnecessary Alliance

By authorkayyyy

BOOK 1 IN THE UNNECESSARY SERIES Aadish Arya never needed her, nor wanted her. But his father made this pact... More

COPYRIGHT
PREFACE
DEDICATION
CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS
THE NEWS
THE DINNER
THE DILEMMA
THE DATE
THE ROSES
THE CHARITY EVENT
THE NIGHT
THE JEALOUSY
THE BARBIE
THE CYCLING
THE MARK
THE REALISATION
THE HUG
THE TARGETS
THE ARGUMENT
THE ETERNAL
THE ROSARIUM
THE BLAME GAME
THE PAST
THE CONFRONTATION
THE PROBATION
THE PROPOSAL
THE ENGAGEMENT
THE MOVING IN
THE YOU ARE MY FIRST
THE UNNECESSARY WIFE
THE FIASCO
THE HEARTBREAK
THE LEAVING
THE HURT
THE HALF NEWS
THE RECONCILIATION
THE BOARD
THE NOT SO FAST
THE PLAN
THE SURRENDER
THE TRUTH
THE REUNION
THE PREPARATIONS
THE TEASE
THE SANGEET
THE WEDDING
WEDDING ALBUM (pictures)
EPILOGUE β™‘
BONUS CHAPTERS AND MORE
AUTHOR's NOTE

THE PACT

94.5K 4.4K 1K
By authorkayyyy

कहते हैं ख़ुदा ने इस जहाँ में सभी के लिए
किसी ना किसी को है बनाया हर किसी के लिए

AADISH's POV

I sit back in the backseat of my Rolls Royce, while,  I hear my father go on and on about the benefits of this one damn deal with the Mehtas.

For some reason my father thinks that me marrying their daughter will strengthen our ties with the underground and also remove the last hiccup we have been facing, since, last year.

The Mehtas have been proposing offers that have been contradicting ours. If, I, marry their daughter, they will definitely stop undermining our work and will definitely work in our favour. We will become a family and will have to show united.

Everyone will fear us.

People will think twice before going against us.

As tempting as the deal is, I am not ready to marry their daughter, Vanie Mehta. From what I have seen at work events, she is childish, talkative and way too annoying.

She is always fucking smiling but never at me or with me.

Our families run in the same circle. So, I have been around her more than I like.

"Aadi, tu sun bhi rha hai, kya?" My father's angry voice brings me back to the reality.

"I won't marry her. I made it pretty clear in the beginning itself." I reply while turning my face towards the window.

(Aadi, are you even listening?)

"You are marrying her, whether, you like it or not. I already made the deal."

"What? Kiski mrzi se aapne ye deal final ki?"

(With whose permission did you finalise the deal?)

My father turns his face towards me, his face red with anger. "Meri baat dhyaan se sun, mai is company ka President hu. Mujhe teri permission ki zrurat nhi. Aur tu ye shaadi krega. Yhi humare aur humari company ke liye acha hai."

(Listen to me carefully, I am the President of this company and I don't need to ask you for your permission. And you will be marrying her. This is what is good for us and our company.)

"Aap ne hi to mujhe sikhaya tha ki pyaar vyaar kuch ni hota. Eating you own words it seems." I smirk.

"And now I am the one telling you to marry for money. This marriage will be a deal. I don't fucking care what you guys do in private, as long as you have smiling faces in public."

(You are the one who taught me that there is no such thing as love.)

My father's reply shuns me into silence, because he is right. It will be a deal with a complementary wife. I don't have to entertain her. It's not like she is fond of me either. I think a little before I say.

"What if I end up like you and mom,huh?"

My father's eyes soften. He still fucking loves her. His eyes always betray him.

"We married for love. I went against all the odds for your mother. But as I say LOVE IS NEVER ENOUGH."

I swallow uncomfortably, my father is still madly in love with the woman, who doesn't even think of him.

Why the hell would they have kids out of love when it was never fucking enough?

"I will marry her. But don't expect anything else."

Because no matter how much I try to avoid the reality, my father is right. We need this deal. And if I have to marry for it, so be it.

My father smiles and pats my shoulder. "I knew you would do the right thing. Aakhir, beta to mera hi hai na."

(Afterall, you are my son.)

"When are we meeting them?" I ask.
"Soon." He says while dialling a number. And I don't even need to ask who he is calling.

Definitely the Mehtas.

"Aadi maan gya, mehta sahib. Aap kb milva rhe ho apni beti se." My father speaks into the phone with a huge grin on his face.

(Aadi, agreed to the deal, Mr. Mehta. When can we meet your daughter?")

There is a silence for a whole 5 seconds before my father speaks into the phone again. "Toh kl shaam 8 bje milte hai, aapke ghar."

(Let's meet at 8:00 PM, at your place.)

I look at my father as he turns his face towards me. He has the same annoying grin on his face.
"You are getting a bride, dear son of mine. And a huge fucking deal. You have no idea what this deal will bring for us on table."

"I know what it will bring. An annoyance for lifetime. An unnecessary wife."

"Don't be bitter, Aadi. You will be meeting the girl tomorrow. So play nice with her. I don't want you upsetting her."

I am mad at my father. I hate Vanie Mehta. How can someone be so happy all the time.

She is weird and from what I know she is a teacher.

How patient does one can be to choose this profession for lifetime?

Kids annoy the shit out of me. Thank fuck, I don't need to have one.

I run my hand in my hair. As I take out phone from my pocket. I have 4 missed calls from Roohani. I shoot her a text.

Everything alright?

She replies me immediately.

It's been a week since we talked. And I can call you without an emergency too. So, please pick up your damn phone.

My sister is the best thing that came out of my parents marriage. She is not like me but she is the only person I can tolerate without thinking about 10 ways to murder them.

Will call you once I reach home.

I text back. And put my phone back in the pocket. I take a deep breath. I have royally fucked my life. A wife, seriously, a fucking unnecessary wife.

As our car comes to halt. The guards come running to open the door. As one of them open the door and murmurs the greeting I head towards the entrance without sparing them a glance. I head towards my bedroom. I take off my suit jacket while climbing up the stairs. I throw the jacket at the chair as soon as I enter the room.

I run a hand up and down my face thinking of the shit I have ended myself in. I try to calm myself and get my shit together.

I head towards the shower to get today off me.

My shoulders relax the moment the cold water hits them. I take a deep breath and try gathering my thoughts. Why does this marriage has me so riled up? It's just a fucking deal.

After 30 minutes

As I come out of the shower, I slump down on the bed and pick my phone up. I call Rooh, my little sister.

"Hy." She says in her happy voice.

I smile instantly.

"What do you want Rooh?"

She huffs and says,"A nice greeting from you. You know it wouldn't hurt being nice. Try sometime."

"And it wouldn't hurt for you to stop bothering me."

And she laughs. So do I. Because let's face it who am I even kidding. I would give anything to have her living in the same home as me. But she lives far away in London with our mother.

"So tell me what's new? Give me all the gossip."

I want to tell her about the alliance I have gotten myself into. But I bite my tongue, she doesn't need this in her life.

"Nothing new." I lie.

"Oh! C'mon you have to have something good to share."

"I don't." I lie again.

"Well! I have something to tell you then. Mom's paintings have been selected for the Art museum of London." She shrieks in excitement.

My blood boils at the mention of our mother.
"You know I don't care about her and please keep her out of conversations."

"You need to stop resenting her, Aadi. She had her reasons."

And now I am back to being mad, angry.

"Let's talk tomorrow, okay. I'm tired and have an early morning tomorrow."
I cut the phone before she can answer.

I scroll through my phone and open instagram and type vaniemehta. And open her profile. Her account is private.

Her bio says,"I read and explain stories for living."

I click on her profile, it's a picture of her in white kurta with silver bangles in her hand. She isn't hard on the eyes.

My heartbeat increases.

Fuck, I am so fucked up. It's just a deal, I remind myself. It wouldn't even make a difference. I would just have someone living in the same damn house as mine.

I swipe back and turn my phone off. This is how riled up she has me by mere mention of her name. How the hell will I stay married to her without losing my mind?

God! She is going to annoy the fuck out of me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's the first chapter guys. I hope you liked it.

Please vote, like, comment. It would mean so much to me.

For regular updates of Vanie and Aadish follow me on instagram @authoravnie

In next chapter we will have Vanie's POV. God, I am so excited.

Till next time, bye-bye!🫶🏻

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 8.9K 42
✧THE UNEXPECTED SERIES BOOK ONE✧ Arrogant and cold CEO of the 'RIVERRUN GROUPS' Royal Riansh Raichand who declined the throne has only one person wor...
412K 46.5K 28
"π’šπ’π’– 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 π’ƒπ’“π’†π’‚π’Œ π’Žπ’š 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 π’Šπ’ π’•π’˜π’ 𝒃𝒖𝒕 π’˜π’‰π’†π’ π’Šπ’• 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒔, π’Šπ’• 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 π’šπ’π’–" ...
780K 45.4K 37
|ROSES AND CIGARETTES Book-I| She was someone who likes to be in her shell and He was someone who likes to break all the shells. "Junoon ban chuki ho...
201K 9.7K 35
Vivaan Rajput: A 28 year old billionaire of few words, holding an aura which can bring anyone to their knees, he is president of Rajput industries. T...