Consequences of Falling in Lo...

By PrettyRandom

She has had her heart broken so many times, she can barely keep count…. He has broken so many girls hearts t... More

New Roommate
Catching Up
House Rules
Class Field Trip
Welcome Back Party !
The Aftermath
Avoidance is Never the Key
Always Expect the Unexpected
Do you Remember Summer of 09'?
I Think you Need to Calm Down
Frat boys in Knickers? (Bonus Edition)
Adjusting
Don't Worry About Where We're Going, It's a Surprise
Welcome To Heaven (Or is it Hell?) Long Version
The Confession
I'm Not Jealous I Swear
Aren't You Being A Hypocrite?
I'm Doing The Right Thing Aren't I?
It's My Birthday! (Time To Get Arrested) Long
The Set Up
Before Anyone Else In The World Knew (Long)
Gym, Tan, Find Out What Niall Is Hiding
The Din
The Din (Niall's POV) Long
Just A Little Detective Work
We Need To Talk
20 Questions
The Break-In
Modern Day Taker's
What Do You Mean My Father Was Murdered?
The Reason Why He Thinks This Is Bad/Forbidden
Bring In The Payne !
Back To School! Yay? (Long)
Yesterday Is History, Tomorrow's a Mystery (Long)
Two Can Play That Game
Heart Killer (Long Version)
Do You Remember When ?
Blondes Have The Most Fun (CPW Part 1)
I Can't Find Niall (CPW Part 2)
Cold Coffee (CPW Part 3 Long)
That Girl (Long)
Date Night
A Not So Winter Wonderland (Long)
Where Am I?
A Shocking Surprise
Tracking and Questioning
So What If I'm Selfish? (Long)
I'll Be Dreaming Of You Tonight
Let's Make A Deal (Long)
The Meet (Long)
Operation Breakout!
"You Are So Beautiful" (Long)
Home Is Where The Heart Is (Long)
You're Joking Right? (Long)
Time To Meet 'The Unwanted' Bodyguards
Yeah, This Isn't Going To Work
The Boys Are Back and Here's Trouble (LONG)
Return of The Dead Exes
"I Just Need To Think"
'Get Your Shit Together'
"It Was Just A Movie, Nothing More."
What Is It Going To Be?
A Promise Is A Promise
Need You Now
Styles Is In Town!
Welcome To California ! (Long)
"She Isn't Ready For This"
Bad Girl (Long)
Mixed Signal's (Part 1)
2 of You (Part 2 of Mixed Signal's)(Long)
Family Time (Looks Like A Bonfire Night)
Our First Meet (Long)
Club Lure (Long)
All Over Again
And The Guest Star Is..........
Memory Lane
The Letter's
To Ireland I Go
You're Back! (Long)
Simon's Threat
Something Unexpected
Silence (Long)
Unwanted Visitors
I'm Not Doing This Again
Suspicious (Part 1 Of 2)
With Dark, Comes Drama (Part 2 of 2)
Storm Front
Sparklers!
Meet Tyler Oakley (Long)
"Fighting Won't Solve Anything!"
BathTime (Dark)
Back To England (Long)
"Why!"
What If.......
Two days Later
Trying To Hold It Together
It Was Planned (Long)
Krista Talk's (LONG)
No New Friends...

Lunch with the Horan's

4K 81 8
By PrettyRandom

{Side note watch the video on the side! it's not related to this story but i thought it was funny :D}

Chapter 13

“Melissa!” yells Mrs. Horan as she jumps off the couch and runs throwing her arms around me hugging me. Hugging her back I pulled away slightly as a look of confusion covered my face, “Did Niall forget you were coming?”

Mrs. Horan shakes her head as she says, “The boys ran to the store.” Grabbing my hands she raises my arm as she spins me and says, “My god Melissa you just keep getting so gorgeous every time I see you. What is your secret?”

I shrugged, “Pizza and coffee?”

She laughs as she pulls me to the couch, “Come on love, sit, sit, I want to know what is knew with you? How’s school? How are the lads?” I smiled plopping down next to Niall’s mother.

I had met her for the first time 3 years ago when she came out here to go Christmas shopping for her family back in Ireland. I use to think that Niall mother was as arrogant as he was, but after meeting her for the first time I notice that she was the total opposite from Niall, personality wise, but food wise, let’s just say they both could eat.

“Niall told me that you weren’t going to be here today.” Says Mrs. Horan as I handed her a cup of tea.

“I wasn’t, but my plans were canceled so I came back.” I said as I sat next to her.

“Aw love.”

I shrugged, “It’s fine, it’ll give me a chance to catch up on some writing that I’ve been postponing.”

“That’s right Niall did say that you have some writing blog, or reading blog, of some sort.”

What?! “Wait Niall knows about my blog?”

Mrs. Horan nods her head, “Yes he told me like a year or two ago, he says that you’re actually very passionate about it.”

My mouth dropped and as soon as it did I hurried and closed it, How in the hell did Niall know about my blog? I went and grabbed my bottle of water as I said, “Now that’s crazy.”

Mrs. Horan nodded her head as she looks at me, sitting her tea on the table she asks, “So any boyfriends?”

I shook my head, “Nope.” “You don’t fancy any of the lads here?”

I shook my head again, “No.”

She looked at me and asked, “Are you and Niall snogging?” I choked on my water and started coughing. “Sweetheart are you okay?” asked Mrs. Horan as she pats me on the back.

I waved my hand to insure her that I was fine when the door opened. Walking in I noticed that it was Niall, his older brother Greg and his Step-Dad Chris. They were all laughing when Niall turned around to see me sitting on the couch, “Your back?” I looked at Niall as his mother stood walking over to the boys as she says, “What took you so long?”

“Little bro showed us around campus, nice little UNI this school has. I wish I would’ve came here.” Said Greg as Niall bumped him and said, “You still can you’ll just walk around feeling like an old fart every day.” Greg looked at Niall and grabbed him tackling him to the floor as they both laughed, I smiled.

“I’m sorry we’re being rude. Hello Melissa.” Said Chris as he held a hand up waving. 

“Hi Mr. Chis.” I never knew Chris’s last name so that was why I called him, Mr. Chris and Maura, Mrs. Horan, because Niall last name was Horan. They both, numerous of times, told me that it was fine to call them by their first names but it always felt rude and disrespectful so I continued with the Mr. and Mrs.

“Hey Mel!” yelled Greg as he rolled over pinning Niall to the floor. “Hey Greg.” I said smiling as Mrs. Horan kicked the bottom of Greg’s shoes, “Alright enough horsing around.”

Niall and Greg stood up fixing their clothes as Mr. Chris says, “Okay we made reservations at 3, its2:00 maybe we should get going.” I walked to the kitchen as Mrs. Horan yelled my name. Stepping around the corner I smiled and said, “Yes?”

“Honey would you like to join us today?” I looked up at her shocked as I looked at Niall who seem to go a little pale. “I um...”

Niall cleared his throat and said, “She can’t she has lunch plans with her friend.”

Mrs. Horan looked at Niall and said, “Her friend canceled so she’s free,” She turns and looks at me and says, “I’m not letting you spend a Sunday in this flat alone. Go grab a jumper, we leave in 10 minutes.” I looked at Mrs. Horan and turned walking to my room as I changed my sweats to skinny jeans, black boots, as I grabbed an oversized green jumper. Just as I pulled it over my head a knock bounced off my door as I said, “It’s open.” Turning around as the door open I was a little shocked to see Niall standing there now wearing a white crew neck t-shirt, dark jeans, and a leather jacket.

“If this is going to be beyond weird just say the word and I’ll call Max and make up some bs story.” Placing his hands in his pocket he leaned against my doorframe and said, “Why would it be weird?”

I shrugged as I grabbed my little necklace that had a tiny silver heart on it, “This is supposed to be a visit between you and your family. I don’t want me being there to mess up anything, or make anything awkward.” I tried clasping the chain around my neck. When it refused to clip I started to throw it back in my jewelry box when Niall walked up behind me and said, “May I?” I turned looking up at him as I said, “Sure.”

I lifted my hair pulling it to the side. Niall reached his arms in front of me, as he went to clasp the chains together his fingers brushed against my neck, sending heat waves all over my body, as my skin began to tingle. Niall had lock the chain as he looked into the mirror meeting my eyes as he says, “Your attendance will not become weird or feel awkward. It’ll be fine.” his hand brushed against my exposed shoulder blade as he sighed and said, “And even it did, there nothing that I can say or do. When Mum makes up her mind about something she means it. There’s no if, ands, or buts, about it.” Niall turned to walk out the room as I let my hair fall loosely down my back.

Stopping as he reached the door Niall turned and said, “By the way you’re riding with me, Greg is riding with my Mum and Chris.”

I grabbed my phone as I said, “Why?”

“Their rental is to small and won’t fit 5.” He turned around again running a hand through his hair as he says, “I’ll be in the car, we leave in 2 minutes.” not waiting on a response he turned and walked out the room.

------------------------------

“Mum can we not!” yelled Niall as Mrs. Horan handed me a little clip from her purse that contained a bunch of photos of Niall when he was little. There was a bunch of ‘OMG!’, ‘Niall what in the hell!’, and ‘Please can I have a copy of this!’ Niall face turned cherry red as he sat next to me in the diner booth. “Aw honey it’s okay, Melissa is practically family.” Said Mrs. Horan.

“Yeah I’m practically family.” I laughed as I playfully bumped Niall’s arm, as I handed back the mini stack of photos to Mrs. Horan.

“Just be glad that she didn’t bring the bath tub photos.” Said Greg as Mrs. Horan claps her hands together and says, “I almost forgot I had them!” Niall turned slapping Greg in the shoulder, “Great, thank you Greg.” Greg smiled as Mrs. Horan handed me a picture of Niall sitting in a bathtub.

Just as I went to turn to the next photo Niall yelled, “Okay enough of show in tell!” as he snatched the photos.

“Hey I wasn’t finish!” I yelled laughing.

“Yes you were.” Said Niall as he lifted his hips shoving the pictures into his back pocket. I rolled my eyes at Niall as I said, “Buzz kill.” He smiled as Greg said, “Okay, so what’s the plan for today?”

“I was thinking we go site seeing or down to the pier.” Said Chris as he took a drink of his water.

“It does seem like a nice enough weather for us to walk the pier.” Said Mrs. Horan.

Everyone sat there and talked about things that Niall missed since the two months that he has been at the UNI. After paying the check we all got up and headed to the cars. “Follow me, I know the perfect pier.”  Said Niall as he unlocked his car, Chris nodded as they all loaded into their car.

-----------------------------------------

“Mulberry Pier?” I asked as we pulled out of the parking lot.

Niall nodded his head and smiled, “Best damn pier in town.” He looked down at my feet and said, “Maybe you should have worn different shoes.”

Looking at my boots I said, “I wasn’t expecting to go to the damn pier.”

Niall smiled as he picked up his phone. “I have to make a stop before the pier, so just continue taking this street down to Mulberry and make a left on Parrot Ave; it will be on the right side. I’ll meet you there. Alright thank you Greg.” Niall stuck his phone in the cup holder as we turned right going into a shopping center parking lot. “Where are we going?” I asked.

“You need to buy those horizontal shoes.”

I looked at him, “Horizontal shoes?”

Pulling into a stale a few rows over from the shoe store Niall kills the engine and says, “Horizontal shoes, you know the one that have that strap or zipper in the back. Some chicks wear little chains on them?”

I laughed, “You mean sandals?”

Niall looked at me and says with all seriousness, “What the hell is a ‘sandal’?” the way he said ‘Sandal’ was like it was something foreign to him, which made me laugh harder as I said, “It’s the thing that you just described.”

Niall looked at me and shook his head as he says, “That’s just stupid.” Opening up the door he gets out the car and I follow.

--------------------------

My shoe shopping trip took all of ten minutes, and the whole time we were in their Niall acted like I took him at science lab and he had no idea what the equations (shoes) were and it made his head hurt. We met up with his family at the pier and went on every ride. Niall acted very civil the whole day, for once we didn’t argue and I didn’t have the urge to kick him in the jewels down below. After we left we drove his family to the airport and said our goodbyes as we headed back to our condo.

Walking in I threw my shoes into the hall closet as I grabbed a blanket off the couch and curled up in it. “Your family is awesome.” I said as Niall walked back out of his room.

“Really? I thought they were a bit insane.” Smiled Niall. He walked over to the cabinet as he grabbed a bag of chips and sat next to me on the couch grabbing the remote, “You know they really like you. Especially Mum, she thinks of you like that daughter she never had.”

I looked at him and smiled. I haven't been with a family like Niall's for a while, you know like a Mother, Father, and siblings. Max was raised an only child, his mother was a single parent because his father ran off with his assistant at the law firm he worked at. I didn’t have siblings, dad died when I was young, and my mother… a tear struck my eye as I looked down at my hands and said, “It’s been awhile since I’ve actually been with a family, I never knew how much I missed it until now.”

I felt Niall’s eyes on me as he said, “Max told me about your dad, what happen to your mum?”

I closed my eyes trying to stop the tears that were beginning to form, which was no such luck since one still manager to slide down my cheek. I cleared my throat as I looked up at the TV and said, “She… sh-she died when I was 10.” Niall looked at me as he sat his bag of chips down. I had forced my head into the blanket as tears fell Niall moved closer to me as he turned his body towards me, pulling me sideways in between his legs, I laid my head on his chest as he rubbed my arm and says, “It’s alright, just tell me what happen?”

{I'm in a good mood today! over 3000 reads and like 100 and something votes! Just WOW. Sooo heres the deal, comment if you want me to post chapter 14 today. and dont forget to vote! thank you :D}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

673K 33.4K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
4.7K 183 6
Crowley finds Aziraphale in trouble but the Angel won't reveal why. When Crowley tries to help, he finds he only makes things worse. But when the dem...
256K 6.4K 62
What happens when 21 year old Kylie Hayes goes to Vegas on a trip with her best friend? One morning she ends up in bed and not alone.. But with Harry...
1.1M 48.9K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC