Unlawfully His

By LouTaekoo

{Completed} Breaking the law has never been one of Jeongguk's life goals as a well respected Marine. However... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 - Collision
Chapter 2 - Blood
Chapter 3 - Refill
Chapter 4 - Debt
Chapter 5 - A New Low
Chapter 6 - The Solution
Chapter 7 - Support
Chapter 8 - The Plan
Chapter 9 - Togetherness
Chapter 10 - Official
Chapter 11 - Matrimony
Chapter 12 - Reconciliation
Chapter 13 - Scared
Chapter 14 - Boiling Point (m)
Chapter 15 - Blue Mist (m)
Chapter 16 - Goodbye
Chapter 17 - Letters to my love
Chapter 18 - Heartbreak
Chapter 19 - In Sickness And In Health
Chapter 20 - Grievance
Chapter 21 - Broken Promises
Chapter 22 - Home
Chapter 23 - Faรงade
Chapter 24 - Recovery
Chapter 25 - A Cry Of Help
Chapter 26 - Unbreakable
Chapter 27 - Can't Stand The Heat
Chapter 28 - Iguana
Chapter 29 - Faded
Chapter 30 - Comfort
Chapter 31 - Silk Sheets (m)
Chapter 32 - Could this be love? (m)
Chapter 33 - Exertion
Chapter 34 - Preparation
Chapter 35 - Gathering
Chapter 36 - Tangled With You (m)
Chapter 37 - Memories
Chapter 38 - Golden Blue
Chapter 39 - You know what they say about paradise?
Chapter 41 - Was it inevitable?
Chapter 42 - Good things
Chapter 43 - Come to an end
Chapter 44 - The Heartbreak Of Mistakes
Chapter 45 - Oh How Far The Mighty Can Fall
Chapter 46 - Showtime
Chapter 47 - Forevermore
Thank You ๐Ÿ’œ

Chapter 40 - There's Trouble

280 24 11
By LouTaekoo

No one's POV:

"Hello?" Taehyung questioned, somewhat annoyed that the caller had taken him away from Jeongguk. However, this call could be important- unfortunately

"Kim Taehyung," The person stated. It wasn't really a question, more of an assertion of authority. The voice was that of a male and it had a slight raspiness to it. There was a clear projection to the voice as if it was used to giving and receiving orders.

Some kind of regalness or imposing nature even?

Still, Taehyung didn't care enough to think about the voice any longer.

"This is he," Taehyung replied, eager to get the call over with. Just behind him, Taehyung was able to see his husband staring out at sea as the wind ruffled his hair. The brunet definitely didn't want to miss anymore of that because of a stupid call.

"I know that," The voice replied ominously as Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows at the strange reply. Something deep inside of Taehyung tightened, putting him on edge, raising his guard and building steadfast walls to protect himself. He didn't know if what the person replied with could even be classified as a response.

It was a mocking, demeaning play designed to instil fear. A fear that Taehyung would be lying if he said it didn't work.

"A little birdy told me that you have broken the law Taehyung. Is that true?" The man stated before the brunet tried to compose himself, deciding that acting oblivious was the way to go. It would be foolish to admit breaking the law to someone who merely suspected it.

"I don't know what you are talking about," Taehyung replied sternly, his foot tapping nervously on the ground. His body weight shifted uncomfortably from one foot to the other. Suddenly it felt that everything was too tight- like it was impossible to even breathe in the correct manner. Like an endless constricting feeling, wrapping around and compressing every muscle in Taehyung's body.

How could he know? How could this man know?

No one had been told.

"Well, your body language says otherwise my dear. Perhaps you should be more convincing next time," The speaker said softly and so assuredly that Taehyung could almost feel the snide smirk from the other side of the phone.

A rush of thoughts swarmed around Taehyung's head like fiendish wasps.

What did this person mean?

Well in Taehyung's mind it could only be one thing.

This guy could see him.

He was watching- like a complete fucking stalker and he wasn't even afraid of admitting it.

Taehyung began to dart his head around in order to find people on the beach. Searching for anyone that could be the culprit.

This man was. . . watching him?

So where was he?

No matter how hard Taehyung searched, his eyes probing the area like a hawk on the hunt for food, the male found no one.

Not a single soul was visible. The beach was deserted so how could this person know his movements?

"H-how can you? What?." Taehyung mumbled, his words becoming a stuttering mess. The brunet wanted to shrink and make himself impossibly small.

Scared didn't cover it.

Fuck, Taehyung was petrified.

"You won't find me Taehyung. So I'd stop looking and start paying attention to something much more important," The man uttered as he watched Taehyung start to step back from where he was standing.

"Don't move Taehyung. I haven't finished my conversation with you yet," With that the brunet halted all his movements and became as still as possible. Taehyung even stopped his breathing, somehow feeling that even that would anger this man.

"Just tell me what you want from me. You fucking creep. Stop hiding like a total coward," Taehyung replied in a spat of anger, somewhat fed up with the games this caller enjoyed so much.

"Feisty aren't we. Perhaps we should try with some more manners this time. Insults won't fly with me pretty boy," The voice spoke again, purposely teasing and taunting his victim. The male snickered as he watched Taehyung's eyebrows furrow in anger.

Every single word felt like an order. A display of power. A mock. Taehyung felt sick to his stomach as he rolled his eyes at the seemingly invisible prick who was telling him what to do.

But complying was really all Taehyung could do at this point. He didn't know what this man was capable of or what he was planning.

"Please," Taehyung said bluntly, not at all happy with being bossed around, yet he didn't feel brave enough to verbally challenge the man anymore.

"Hmm. I don't think you meant that," The man stated, enjoying the way Taehyung's face morphed into one of utter disgust. Oh, the biggest urge to just stick up his middle finger in the air and hope that no one but this man saw was prevalent.

A light red began to paint his cheeks and swept up his neck as the brunet finally gave in. Taehyung was frustrated and embarrassed, he couldn't move, he couldn't insult and he couldn't defy. This man was truly playing God, dictating what should and should not be done. Playing with fate and actions so irresponsibly and ignorantly.

And so, Taehyung did as the man said because there was no telling what he wanted out of all this- or the lengths he would go to.

"Please?" Taehyung asked again, albeit begrudgingly. Although feeding this wanker's ego was definitely not what Taehyung wanted, there seemed to be no alternative. Besides it wasn't like this guy's self-conceit could grow much bigger or it would burst but isn't that just the irony of male bravado.

It was almost definitely just a cocky act- nothing more than a display of power to control and manipulate those who have no choice.

"Since you asked so nicely I will. There is a rumour going around that your little 'marriage' is fake. Your precious husband Jeongguk told me so himself," The man spoke again, finally revealing why he had interrupted such a nice day out. Taehyung could just tell that this man reveled at the idea of ruining lives, seeming more than happy to do it.

"W-what? I don't know what you are talking about. Our marriage isn't fake. You can fuck right off!" Taehyung fired back, trying to keep up the façade rather than admitting the marriage is a fraud.

"Sure, keep pretending you are oh so in love. I warn you though Taehyung, Jeongguk seems like a nice person but once you get to know him he is nothing but a desperate man who doesn't deserve your love," The man spoke out again, his voice turning into a snarl as he insulted Jeongguk.

"You don't know anything about Jeongguk. He is a good man," Taehyung defended, trying not to let the accusation directed towards his husband affect him.

"I know Jeongguk. We used to be good friends and believe me he will let you down. Stay in denial for now but you'll see when your 'marriage' finally falls apart. You have a week to get me $5000 or you can say goodbye to your lovely little life," The voice said before it disconnected the call.

This man was demanding money that neither of the husbands had. But it wasn't like they could just sit and do nothing about it. Taehyung didn't want this marriage to end- he didn't want to say goodbye- but this mysterious, omniscient man appeared to crave for just that.

Taehyung felt jittery, a rage of blistering panic shooting up through him and he knew he needed to just relax for a few seconds. For a few short minutes, it appeared that deep breathing and rubbing his forehead was working. However, trying to console himself and steady his raging heart didn't really have the desired effect.

The more Taehyung thought, the worse it all got. The more questions surged into his aching brain.

How on Earth were they going to get that money?

How did this man know about the marriage? Was it really Jeongguk? How could they possibly be friends? Why would Jeongguk tell him?

There is no other way he would know.

Right?

Only three people know about the fake marriage and one is dead.

So who was he? Who would Jeongguk tell?

But more importantly, was what the man said about Jeongguk true?

How could Jeongguk tell him? How could Jeongguk be friends with a person like this? A stalker. A manipulative, egotistical prick who enjoyed the suffering of others.

But it wasn't just that, no, the thing that tugged at Taehyung's heart the most was the thought that Jeongguk was just pretending. That Jeongguk isn't who he said he was.

Did that mean that Jeongguk had planned to throw him under the bus?

That was the implication that Taehyung was truly pissed off with.

That all this time would have been a deceptive lie?

If they ever got exposed was Jeongguk really going to betray him so callously and with such disregard?

The Marine would sooner betray him than stick together as planned.

It felt like billions of bombshells had been catapulted towards Taehyung and he didn't know what to make of it.

After all, being blackmailed, betrayed and exposed all in one phone call is far from anything that Taehyung could have possibly predicted.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

605K 21.5K 27
Complete โ™ก(โˆฉoโˆฉ)โ™ก where jungkook get married to taehyung because of business deal made by their dads but taehyung hate jungkook because his gf leave...
11.7K 590 9
He is an abused one. Never felt any love or care. His guardians married him off to an old man, Kim Junyoung, just for money. He became a sex slave t...
361K 12.9K 40
Jungkook:WHAT?! WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU SAYING MOM?! I'LL NEVER MARRY HIM!! Taehyung:w..what?! HUH WHAT?! WHEN DID I SAY THAT? Kids?!!! With that rabbi...
45.6K 2K 51
(Complete) I trust your choice appa, I will marry him~ Jungkook Jimin you are right, he's the one for me~ Taehyung ____________________________ Hubb...