my darling violet

Por busy_reading07

violet jones grew up around people that she feared. one day she got thrown a massive curve ball, her whole li... Más

little info
characters
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Character 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Author's question
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102

Chapter 66

2K 53 4
Por busy_reading07

Violets pov

3 days later

I know that everyone would be looking for me, I know they probably haven't been sleeping or taking care of themselves but come on it's been five days total of me being in here.

Every day Mikael takes me to the torture room, asking me questions about my family's mafias and when I wouldn't say anything he would well you know torture me. And he would do this for hours, only when he got really annoyed would he get the guards to throw me back in my cell. It would take more and more time every time for me to stop myself from bleeding, and sometimes I can't stop it from bleeding so I just leave it and hope like hell none of the burns or cuts don't get infected.

Every day Miguel, the guy in the same cell with me. Would ask if he could do anything and would be overly concerned. His name isn't actually Miguel but I don't really want to know his real name, anything could happen to us in here. I mean I know he has been here for years and he has only left the cell once but again you never know.

The only thing we talk about is our life before we don't use names and we don't make descriptions about the people in our lives, basically, anything that could be able to track each other down we avoid.

It's been nice being able to talk to someone without the fear of them having to judge or see each other again. So far what I've learned about him is he is a part of a big family he has a crap load of brothers and a sister, he misses them like crazy and he pretends to talk to them when he misses them so much he can't breathe.

I think it's really sweet that he does that but I also feel bad I mean not being able to see the people you love most the people you grew up with and missing them so much that you fake scenarios in your head.

Pulling me out of my thoughts is the sound of keys jiggling down the hallway. I'm pretty sure it's early in the morning. There are only five guards which only happens when it's late at night until early in the morning.

Every minute I've been here I have been learning where the guards are, and how many there are when they change shifts. It took me a while for me to know when and how long because it's not like there is a clock in the cell. I had to count the damn seconds for like two days.

It was boring and annoying and sometimes I had to really focus so I don't lose count, Miguel even had to take over counting sometimes. I then had to do it the next day but if my plan works then it should all be worth it.

The only thing I'm kind of worried about is how we are going to take down the two guards when they come for me tomorrow. With me being really weak and Miguel being a little less weak than me it doesn't really bode well for us. I mean the guards are having full meals three times a day, they are at their full strength whether we would have trouble running. I am just praying that the guards are surprised enough to not be able to fight back a lot.

I haven't told Miguel why he was counting or what I was doing practically at the cell door 24/7 but I just didn't want to get his hopes up yet, although I'm pretty sure he has at least the idea in his head.

I'm just glad that when Carlos was training me Alessandro insisted that he teach me how to scan the room or in this case place, he also taught me how to remember an insane amount of information which was at the time a pain in my ass but I'm now glad he made me do it over and over again because it's going to help me get out of here.

Holding my breath I wait and see if the guard is coming this way for me, if he has been sent here to make my life more like hell. I keep holding my breath even when my lungs start screaming at me to inhale even a tiny bit of oxygen. But I don't, I can't.

I only inhale a tiny little bit when the guard walks straight pasted me and continues down the hall, not even batting an eye at me, I wait until I know for sure he isn't going to come back here. It takes a little bit and my lungs hate me but after I am certain that he isn't coming for me do I fully inhale oxygen.

Being held captive reminds me of my old life way too much, the way I was practically locked in my room all the time only allowed to come out to go to school or to clean the whole house. Being on edge all the time never knowing when the next beating would be.

I look over to Miguel seeing him already looking at me with a curious yet saddened expression, he has been seeing the way I stiffen any time I hear something, anything no matter how far away it is, he sees the way I'm on edge and the way that I almost know exactly what to do.

He's curious but he never asks questions about it. I'm grateful for that, he seems to know that it would make me really uncomfortable so no matter how much he sees or how many questions I'm sure are going through his head he always just gives me a look of sadness and then he either looks away or he starts talking about his life before.

How when he first got here we were sure his family were looking for him and that it would only be a matter of days before he was free and back with his family but when it was a week and nobody came he started to lose hope, hope that his family even cared if he was alive or dead, hope that his family would save him. Until one day he just decided to stop hoping for them to come and start by thinking of all the time he had with them, no matter what they were doing it was important to him to remember it.

It was sweet in a really sad way, to think that your family doesn't care enough about you to find you but you care so much about them that you want to remember every moment, even the ones where they were fighting or where they were doing nothing but sitting in the same room.

"you know if you don't want to go back to your family when we get free, you could always stay with my family. One more person isn't going to make much of a difference seeing as we are already so big" I interrupted him talking about one of his core memories when he was a kid, playing in the backyard with all of his siblings, making sure his little sister wasn't going to get hurt by everyone

"I might if my family aren't going to want me back. But who says we are going to get out of here" Miguel smiles like the ones you always see big brothers giving their siblings when they love them and they do something that is adorable

"I am, we are going to get out of here, whether it be from my family's help or from the two of us. Either way, we aren't going to spend months in here" I try and reply like it was the most obvious thing in the world but it wasn't, I didn't know for sure that my family could find me or that Miguel and I could break out of here alive

"don't be stupid, I have tried many times when I first got here to escape it only makes things worse" Miguel was stressing the word worse like he thought I was stupid but I had to try

"that's probably because you weren't paying attention to when the guards would leave so there were only two guards in the entire hallway" I spoke really softly, slowly nudging closer to him

"Olive even if there were only two guards in the hallway we still had to take them down and then find our way out of here while trying to stay alive and there is the small detail of opening the cell door" Miguel decided to call me olive something as unusual as my nickname for him

"Plus you can barely stand let alone fight your way out of here" Miguel just gave me a look, like it was a stupid idea but I knew I had to at least try

"I can so stand. Plus once we take down the guard who I going to be sent to get me we can steal their guns and just shoot our way out. The only thing moving will be our fingers" It wasn't the best idea but it was the only one I could think of and when I thought of it I started planning and now it would be stupid to have wasted all my energy to plan something that wouldn't be used

"Promise me you won't be stupid. Promise me that when and if we take down the two guards you will be level-headed and not the smart ass I know you can be" Okay so maybe she has talked too much to Miguel and he knew what she could potentially do to make things so much worse

"I promise Miguel. And if you're so worried about me not being able to stand I heard from one of the guards when I was 'passed out' that Mikael would be here today, apparently he has some meeting or something so no torture for today, yay!" I truly do like the way I say things sometimes

Instead of saying anything Miguel just chuckled softly and shook his head, clearly trying to not find what I said funny. I mean it wasn't when you thought about it but there isn't a lot to be amused by around here so you kind of change what you laugh at while you're down here.

For the rest of the day Miguel and I were sitting right next to each other talking about how they planned to escape. What exactly we had to do to get to first two guards down and then the next two. What path we should take. If we should free the rest of the people trapped down here with us.

Miguel then warned me that most of the people down here were bad people and they deserved to be down here, that setting them free would only sign hers and everyone else's death. So we decided to just leave everyone here to die, know that I will probably think about it a couple of times a week. But then forcing myself to remember what Miguel said, they are bad people and they would only kill everyone they knew once they were out. 

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

1.3M 31K 83
Briella,17, never had a stable family set up. She was left alone by the age of 7, to fend for herself. Her father hated her, abused her for her whole...
474K 8.1K 46
Serendipity: The occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way. Marabella Athena Russo was taken away from her dad, an...
58K 1K 22
Aurora Rossi no one ever carried about her growing up except her mother her father really never wanted to have a girl so he ignored her so does her b...
708K 14.1K 46
We have seen over protective brothers, there are maybe 6 , 7 or 8 brothers but what if a girl has 18 brothers, with her over protective parents and c...