Ishq In The Air

By Zivera_17

A bunch of cheesy, desi, short cute love stories and one-shots. Some maybe intense, some maybe filled with f... More

♣CONTENT♠
•|Hamraahi|• 1
•|Hamraahi|• 2
•|Hamraahi|• 3
•|Hamraahi|• 4
•|Hamraahi|• 5
•|Hamraahi|• 6 [Last]
•|Doctor in love|•[One shot] 1/2
•|Ushshaaq|• 1
•|Ushshaaq|• 2
•|Ushshaaq|• 3
•|Ushshaaq|• 4
•|Ushshaaq|•5
•|Ushshaaq|•6 [Last]
•|Ehsaas-e-Ulfat|•1
•|Ehsaas-e-Ulfat|•2
•|Ehsaas-e-Ulfat|•3
•|Ehsaas-e-Ulfat|•4
•|Ehsaas-e-Ulfat|• 5
•|Ehsaas-e-Ulfat|•6 [Last]
•|Ehsaas-e-Ulfat|• Epilogue
We Once Loved (one-shot)
•|Sayonee|•1
•|Sayonee|•2
•|Sayonee|•3
•|Sayonee|•4
•|Sayonee|•5
•|Sayonee|•6
•|Sayonee|•7 [last]
•|Sayonee|• epilogue
•|A drive to your heart|•1
•|A drive to your heart|• 2
•|AN APPEAL TO ALL-
•|A Drive To Your Heart|• 3
A New Book!
•|A Drive To Your Heart|• 4
•|A Drive To Your Heart|• 5
•|A Drive to your heart|• 6
•| A Drive to your heart|•7 [Last]
•|Ahl-e-dil|• 1
•|Ahl-e-dil|• 2
•|Ahl-e-dil|•3
•|Ahl-e-dil|• 4
•|Ahl-e-Dil|• 5
•|Ahl-e-dil|•6
•|Ahl-e-dil|•7
•|Ahl-e-dil|• 8
•|Ahl-e-dil|• 9
•|Ahl-e-dil|• 10
•|Ahl-e-dil|• 11
•|Ahl-e-dil|•[Last+epilogue]
ISHQIYA [Sania×Yahya]
Her heartbeat-1
Her heartbeat-2
Her heartbeat-3
Her heartbeat-4
Her heartbeat-5

•|Doctor In Love|•[One-shot] 2/2~Last

2.7K 173 10
By Zivera_17

~Last part of DOCTOR IN LOVE~

•••••••••••

"Mahi?"

"Mahi!"

"MAHIII!!" Her brother's loud voice pulled her out of her trance and she jerked up.

"Kiski mout ka soug mana Rahi ho? Aj kon mar gaya?" He plopped down on the couch beside her, changing the channel. It was common for him to see his sister mourning for her patients.

[Who's death are you mourning for? Who died? ]

"Mera dil" She whispered brokenly. Tears gathered in her eyes and she immediately stood up and sprinted to her room.

[My heart!]

Locking the door, she ran to the bathroom and emptied all the contents of her stomach.  Breathing heavily she came out of the room and sat against the wall.

Blank eyes,

Broken heart,

The pain of betrayal running in her veins,

She was a mess.

A beautifully broken mess.

******

It has been two months since that day when her heart was crushed. Even now her pain was as fresh as day one. She couldn't heal it like she did to his wound. No one was there to do it for her.

Gone was the bubbly girl who would cheer up everyone around her.

Now she would be so glum that it would be visible on her face.

Gone was the short-tempered girl who would yell at her friends for irritating her.

Now she would just ignore and endure all their pranks, with no words.

Gone was the composed girl who would scold her assistants when they mess up things.

Now she wouldn't even notice them.

Gone was the smart doctor who would be breathing down the dean's neck, trying to learn new things from him.

Now she is rarely seen by him.

Gone was the sweet sister who would bake for her brother who would tease her to death but would kiss her hands for the delicacy.

Now she rarely talks to him.

Gone was the annoying but proud daughter who would spend hours with her mom, commenting on how the men on her matrimonial page are.

Now her mother would stay up at night just to have a glimpse of her daughter.

With every passing second she remembered their moments together. She would play the memories in her head and would try to see where it went wrong.

They were perfect together, in every sense.

He was like a new pillar in life and now without him, she could see her life falling apart.

He was like a breath of fresh air, which she would come to, seeking solace after a long tiring day.

He would listen to her rant until she falls asleep. Then he would have to wake her up and send her home.

He was always there for her in those span of 3 weeks which was enough for him to make her fall in love with him.

He fell first, but she fell harder.

She played hard to get, he was like an Olympic champion, winning her heart.

She knew he was the one, but didn't know she was not the one for him.

He was the best thing that happened to her but now reminiscing all their moments she couldn't figure out where exactly it went wrong.

They were happy, She thought he was honest, then why?

Why couldn't she see he was betraying her the entire time?

Maybe because she was so alone that she ignored all the hints.

Why did he kill?

She didn't know. All these questions were taking a toll on her mental health. Her family and friends were worried for her. Her mother finally had enough of her depression and decided to take matters into her own hands.

"Wear red!" Her mother said, before pulling out a beautiful red top for her.

Her mind immediately went back to the day when she wore the same red dress to the hospital.

"You look gorgeous in red," He said the first thing as soon as she entered the room. Her face resembled the color of the dress at his words, as she walked in.

He kissed her cheek and pulled her to sit beside him.

"I need to hurry today! Dean is on rounds. If he catches us like this then let's say I would kiss goodbye to this job" She murmured.

"Right now, you need to kiss me" Saying that he captured her lips in his,  taking her in a passionate embrace.

"Mahi! For the last time, I'm saying you! Where are you lost? Don't be late" Her mother's furious voice pulled her out of her memory.

Nodding she wore the dress and came out in front of her mother.

" I don't want to go Mom" She whispered again for the hundredth time. She was forcibly sent on a setup date by her mother with a seemingly perfect match as her mother claims.

It was killing her from inside to go anywhere near a man, let alone on a date.

Date.

The one she promised to him after he would be completely fine. Her heart broke again at that.

"Don't start again Mahi. I don't know what has gotten into you. But know that Rajveer is a good man, he would treat you well" Her mother explained to her, adjusting her dupatta.

Her car pulled into the parking lot, before she got out of it, heading straight to the Restaurant. She sat on a corner table, not caring to check the time.

A minute later, a man came in a three-piece suit appeared in front of her. He was handsome, with his tall stature, and beautiful eyes. She immediately recognized him.

"Hello! I'm Rajveer" He smiled and extended his hand. She stared at his hand, with empty eyes before finally forwarding her shaking hand. His firm grip on her hand wasn't appreciated by her.

It was as if she was impulsively repulsive to him.

"Maahi Oberoi" She muttered under her breath.

"Yeah! You are a dancer right?" He took his seat and Mahi wanted to pull the seat right before he sat so that he would hit his head, and die and she can get over with this already.

She has never been mistaken for a dancer for heaven's sake!

"And you are a clown I guess" She smiled at him and bathed in satisfaction when he choked on the water.

"What? I'm not a clown, I'm an engineer" She rolled her eyes without a care.

A doctor and an engineer! What was her mother thinking when she said they would be a good match?

A doctor and a police officer would have been much better! Wait, no! No thinking about him.

"I thought we were telling jokes!" She replied as the waiter approached them.

"Tea?" She asked him who nodded. This man was draining her energy and she needed nothing but tea to calm her nerves.

"No, I was not. I thought you were a dancer" He explained with grimace.

"I'm a doctor Mr. Rajveer. And please order, It's not right to keep the waiter waiting"

"Oh! I thought he was supposed to wait since he was a waiter" He laughed. Mahi rolled her eyes once again at his lame joke. The waiter shot him a glare which he didn't catch.

" I hate tea. I would take Ice coffee" He instructed the waiter who nodded before storming off.

Mahi wanted to make him swallow a whole bunch of Restoril so that he would be Resting in peace and this world would be free of one more Idiot.

For her, Chai is her first love. Ayaan can wait.

"So Masha, What do you do in your free time?" He rested his elbows on the table leaning forward.

Masha. That bastard.

His gaze raked over her body and she didn't feel the comfort that she would when Ayaan would do. She felt disgusted because his gaze was lustful, unlike Ayaan's admiring one.

"I like giving free prescriptions to Stupid people who go spreading their stupidity around, Kabeer! "

Rajveer blinked." I'm not Kabeer! I'm Rajveer" He laughed, trying to not sound awkward.

" And I am Maahi, Not Masha!" She retorted with a glare. His smile fell as disappointment washed over him.

" Oh! Yes, Mahveer! " He chuckled and that was the last straw he plucked. Maahi lost her patience.

"Are you deaf? Or have Dementia? Or are you simply stupid?" She stood up and growled at him.

He leaned back on his seat, with his eyes wide in horror.

"I... I am sorry! If I hurt you! " He uttered with guilt in his eyes. She looked away, sitting back.

"So, let's talk about us!" He offered.

"There is no us. Can't you see it?" She was getting pissed with every passing moment. She came here intending to reject him, and he thinks there is something between them.

"What? Why? We have so many things in common!" He said with an agitated voice.

"Common? Don't even start on it!" She matched his agitation.

"Mehwi-"

"No! Tum suno meri baat! Hamare beech kuch common nahi hai. Mere bas mai hota toh mai Chai apni nasson mai na Chadha lu or tum ho ke tumhe chai pasand nahi hai! Ye Kahan ka common hai? Ye shaadi nahi ho sakti hai! Warna tumhare coffee mai zehar Mila kar mar da lungi mai!"  her voice was high, irritated making him stare at her in shock. He moved back a little, stroking his bread.

[You listen to me,  There is nothing common between us! If it was in my hand if would have injected tea into my veins and you say you don't like tea!  How is that common? This marriage cannot take place or I will kill you by mixing poison in your damn Coffee! ]

"You dare to reject me? I will make your life hell!" He yelled back at her.

"Dr. Saloni. Achi psychiatrist hai! Mera naam bata dena, Shayd koi discount dede. Apna ilaj karwao." Her calm tone made him irk more. He stood up and turn to leave. The waiter stood in front of him, holding his order.

[She is a good psychiatrist!  Tell her my name, maybe she will give you a discount. Go and get yourself treated ]

" Fuck you! " he pushed him a little and stormed out of the shop.

Mahi sat back on her staring in his seat. Why was her life like this?

"You did the right thing, He deserved it," The waiter said with a smile, bringing her the Tea. She grabbed the cup and started to devour the drink, waiting for it to calm her mind.

Her eyes roamed the other tables, where couples sat, who seemed to be having the time of their lives with their loved ones. She wished she was one of them.

She wished she had fallen for the right person, Or at least she wouldn't have been abandoned by her love.

Just as she was drowning in her trauma again, her eyes caught the familiar jacket.

The one she would never forget in her seven lives.

There he stood in all his glory, speaking on the phone and walking on the footpath. Her eyes just stared at him for a moment before she took out the money, paid the bill, and ran out of the shop. She saw him sitting in a black BMW and driving off. Reaching her car she started the engine and started to follow him.

His car stopped at the signal and so did hers. She had been following him for the past 15 minutes and for not coming out as suspicious she quickly took a reverse and parked the car. Hiring an auto he asked the driver to follow him.

Almost half an hour later she found herself in the outskirts of the city. The driver was losing his patience. They drove far from him, barely keeping him in sight.

The car stopped in front of a building that was under construction. There was no one around. Ayaan got out of the car and walked into the building.

She paid the driver her bill and entered the building from another place, keeping herself out of his sight. Her heart hammered in her chest at what she was about to see. She didn't want to witness a murder.

He took a left and climbed the uneven cemented stairs walked even further and met with a man who was in a suit. She climbed the stairs with her eyes pinned on his back. Her steps were extremely careful, making sure that they do not make a sound.

"Your name is cleared. It will soon be declared as a suicide since he lost his entire family." The man in the suit said in a low voice but since it was a deserted area she could hear it. Her mind clicked immediately as she realized who they were talking about.

"Good. The investigators are nothing but rascals who only know how to make matters worse! I gave them a hard time nonetheless " Ayaan said with a dangerous glint in his eyes.

"Sir has personally sent an apology and suggests that you stay under the radar for a few months and then you can rejoin the forc-" His voice suddenly stopped.

The next thing she realized the voice of footsteps approaching her and a hand grabbed her neck from behind, pressing a cold metal on her temple.

"Who the fuck are you?" His cold voice rang in her ear and she felt her blood turning cold.

"Mahi?" Ayaan came in front of her and was shocked to see her.

"Wait! Do you know her? Who is she?" Mahi took the benefit of his confusion and pulled his hand down to bite it.  The man went easy on her and released her when Ayaan nodded at him.

"His girlfriend!" She hissed and glared at him.

"What? A girlfriend?"

"I am his girlfriend, you idiot! And who are you? his boyfriend?" Her eyes widened when she realized there could be a possibility for that.

"What?" The man was perplexed.

"What?" Ayaan shrieked.

"You are his boyfriend! Oh my god Ayaan! What the fuck is this?" Mahi yelled.

"Am I your boyfriend? What is this Ayaan? " The man screamed.

" SHUT UP BOTH OF YOU! " Ayaan growled at them.

" He is not my boyfriend," He told each word clearly to Mahi whose face washed with relief.

" You are not my boyfriend " He turned to the man and declared who only nodded.

"How did you get here? " Ayaan asked once he was sure she got her mind back.

"After two months, this is what you ask me?" Her heart broke at his coldness.

"Mahi.." He started but she placed her hand in front of him.

"Who are you Ayaan?" She snapped, losing her patience.

Ayaan grimaced at that. He motioned to the man beside him who looked warily at Mahi. Mahi threw him a glare making him look away and walk out.

Mahi folded her hands, took a deep breath, and stared at him, ready to listen to whatever he had to say.

Ayaan sighed, his heart yearning to take her in his arms. He has been through hell in the past few days and her presence was all he needed now.

"Mahi..."  He fell short of words. He didn't know how much she had heard his previous conversation and was in a complicated position.

"Are you an undercover agent?" She asked when he failed to explain himself. Her voice sounded strange to her.

Ayaan took a sharp breath when he realized she knew. There was no need for beating around the bush.

"Sort of..." He stared into her eyes trying to figure out what she is feeling. Those brown orbs were very expressive. They can hold the darkest secrets of the world and yet would remain joyful.

Mahi felt her heart thumping in her chest as she let the information sink in.

"Tell me everything now Ayaan!" He took a deep breath before opening the chamber of secrets buried in the deepest part of his heart.

Only for the one who owns his heart.

"I lied when I said my parents died in an accident. They didn't die that way, Mahi. My father was an FBI agent, who was framed and falsely accused of the murder of a higher official. He was executed. Mom lost her mental stability and grieved for Dad to death." Mahi gulped, a nervous feeling settling in her chest. The look on his face was something she never saw before.

Gone was the usual charming man who would flirt with her shamelessly making her beet red.

All she saw was a broken man, who stood strong against all the trauma that he went through.

"After Mama's death, I was devastated. I was going to quit my job as a police officer until I was found by this intelligence agency that worked directly under the government. They guided me toward my father's murderers until I succeeded. Since then I started working for them. I was their eyes and ears in the police dept, keeping track of all the officers, seeing who is involved with the politicians and all that deep Mafia shit.  In simple words I am an undercover agent, carrying the secret operations for the government."

He sat on the ground, leaning against the pillar. Mahi stood rooted to her place, the shock of his story absorbing in her mind.

He went through so much, and yet he was such a lovely guy! He hid all his pain behind his smiles, his winks, and his words whenever she spoke about her family. He was just a broken man who needed to be loved and he found it in her.

"The ACP I killed was involved with a wanted criminal, who he helped escape last month. It was my duty to figure it out and when I did, I was ordered to execute him immediately. We could have proceeded legally but it would have taken time and his connections would have saved him. It was the first time I was caught and hence I was away for a long time."

"Ayaan... I-"

"No, Let me say everything first. I need to get it off my chest. You need to know everything before you decide for yourself, Mahi! I'm a broken and dangerous man, who you don't deserve " His voice croaked at the end. She sat on the ground on her knees in front of him.

" You were like a new ray of hope in my dark life which was breaking with each passing day. I admired your kindness, the way you treat people, The way you care, and every damn thing about you, Mahi! I couldn't stop myself from falling in love with you." His eyes turned glassy, as he held himself back.  Mahi was speechless with his confession.

"I swear it wasn't in my control Mahi! I tried to get you out of my mind, but it was too late! You already stole my heart." Tears gathered in her eyes with all the pent-up longing she went through.

She leaned forward and grabbed his hand. It was cold as usual and she rubbed with her own hands like old times.

It was just their thing when Ayaan would speak something serious.

"Those three weeks were the best days of my life. I wanted to say everything to you, but it was hard. I thought you would freak out or worse, leave me. And then the night when you said you will discharge me, I realized our time was near. That night I was asked to kill him. Just like that all the dreams I had in my mind, to live with you, turned to dust. I realized that I was not good for you! My life has no secureness, I will always be on the radar, I couldn't risk your life as well, so I left! ".

She wiped the tears that dropped from his forest-green eyes.

Oh, how she missed getting lost in them!

"Who do you think you are to decide what's best for us in this relationship all alone, Ayaan?"  She finally asked. Her heart broke at the fact that he didn't trust her, nor did he know her well.

He already managed to break down the tough walls she made around her heart. He awakened a new side of her that she didn't even know existed.

Can't he see she was risking it all, just for him?

"You said you love me, then how could you think of leaving me alone? How could you be the only one to make the decisions? " her eyes were now burning with tears as she felt her heart crumble.

"Did you not think of me once during all this time?"

He shook his head in a no, and her eyes changed, Her heart was lost.

"I didn't need to think of you Mahi, because you were always in my mind" He grinned through his tears making her hit his chest.

"You will kill me one day with your stupid words, you idiot!" She hit him again making him laugh. He finally caught her hands and pulled her down on his lap.

"I missed you!" He whispered, burying his face in her neck.

"I missed you too !" She replied. Her heart cherished the feeling of his arms around her and she realized she was finally home.

"I love you, Mahi!" He kissed her neck, making her shiver.

She just hummed in response making him pull back. He stared at her with a frown.

"Don't you love me? Say that you love me too!" She smirked at him, shaking her head in a no.

"Mahi!!!" he growled. She giggled at him.

"After all the shit you put me through, you expect me to say that to you? You should be thankful I didn't cut off your balls" She bit her lips looking at him playfully.

"So, you are sticking with me, huh?" He asked with slight hesitation.

"Oh! Mr. Ayaan Malhotra, I'm sticking with you for a long long time, even if you don't want me to. We are in this together!" She traced her fingertips along his face, memorizing his features.

"And about dangers you said, We all are fated to die one day Ayaan. I would rather die by your side now than live a hundred years with another man"  She declared passionately making him smile so wide that his cheeks hurt.

" Tumhari in baaton se hi mai mar jaunga ek din"  He whispered in her ear. She closed her eyes as his hot breath fanned against her skin making her feel all those forbidden emotions.

[I will die one day due to your words only! ]

"Tumhe chai pasand hai na? " She asked when he pressed his lips on her earlobe, slowly nibbling it. She bit her lips hard as the tingling feelings erupted in her skin making her close her eyes in pleasure.

[You like tea, right? ]

"Hmm," his lips traveled down her neck, leaving sloppy kisses along the way. Her breathing started to turn uneven as he grabbed her hips and pulled her impossibly closer to him.

"Good"  He tilted his head towards her and slammed his lips against her. She moaned in delight, kissing him back with equal passion.

"You are Mine, Ayaan! Get that in your stupid brain" she murmured making him smile against her lips. He ran his hand through her hair, ravishing her lips just as she deserved.

"So, are you ready to tolerate me for your entire life?"

"I don't have a choice" she whispered.

"I love you Mahi Oberoi and there is nothing I want more than to spend every moment of my life with you!" She wrapped her arms around him and leaned forward.

Bringing her lips to his ear, she whispered something before burying her face in his neck out of shyness. He nearly teared up at her confession, and pulled her into a deep soul-searing kiss, making her see stars.

For what is better for a man than hearing the passionate declaration of love for him by the woman, he loved to the moon and back?

Nothing!

And this was the story of Mahi and Ayaan, who after their misunderstandings, pains of heartbreak, longing, and separation, found each other for their entire lives.

It was the doctor's first and only love.

~•THE END•~
_______________________________

How was it?

Do VOTE and COMMENT down your views, I would love to read your opinions.

And yes, Stay tuned, A new and beautiful story awaits you! 

Very very soon, I may add.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.2K 1.4K 29
𝗔𝗙𝗥𝗘𝗘𝗡 - Beautiful ✨🤍🪷🦢🌻 This is a collection of Desi Short Stories. The stories: 1. Dilkash ✨ [Complete] 2. Mukhtalif 🤍 [Complete] 3. I...
156K 5.1K 29
Searching for a world of stories, then let's dive in. Here you will find thousands of stories, some long some short, some love some hate, some happin...
70.3K 3.4K 10
A Collection of Short Love stories which will flutter your heart and create a zoo in your stomach. Starting date:15 April 2021 Cover cr:@authordira_...
569K 25K 106
A beautiful collection of short stories where love always wins.❤️