Captured Hearts

By HRKitson

Being the son to the infamous leader of the Italian Mafia Isn't always easy! Dean Sorento counts his blessing... More

Owning her
Two Sorentos
Maid for me!
Skittles
Big Brown Eyes
Frozen Pizza
Let's Cook
Locked Doors
Jelly Babies and Wine Gums
Salty popcorn and wet lips
The Ghost who haunts her
Already Touched
Deep Betrayal
First Taste
Finally Tasting Skittles
Mother
Interupted
The Raid
You have how much!
My New Drug
Broken Heels
Morning wake up call
Hot wax
Happy Dance
Loving the smell of the sea
Bleeding Heart
You Don't Know What I want
Time to Clear the Air
Waiting Until its the Right Time
Taken
Whatever it Takes
Numb
Conditions
Dark Roots
Husband
Stir Crazy
Recovery
What Wedding
Shower Time
Nightmares
Big Talk
Pressure Points
Padded Room
Mine
All Clear
Hidden Demons
The Perfect Merlot
Defient Brat
A day to remember
Muffled Voices and The Scream
Dahlias
All the Wiggles
Wake up calls and Cocktails
New Contracts, Old Flames
Rotten uncles and best aunts
Simple is never Simple
Clouds and clubs
New heights and deeper destinations
Lavender fields
Broken promises
A menace and a cell
Stepping up
My time and my angel
Done being alone
Pulling pants down and chin ups
After Glow
Dinner and a Shot
The dress
Shots, Strippers and Skittles
Wedding bells and gun shots
Good cakes and Goodbyes
old blood and new blood
Epilogue- The End!

Fair fights, playing dirty

71 1 0
By HRKitson

Dean 

I woke up and my vision was blurred, I saw strings of lights, and moving blobs as I heard voices around me. I could smell burning, almost like someone had singed their hair. I was hot and yet my skin damp with sweat causing my shirt to stick to my skin like an old paper mache school project gone wrong. It honestly felt like I was in the pits of hell.  

I had no idea where I was or how I got to this place but I knew it had to be the work of the spy; the mole. I was so close to finding out who was responsible for betraying me and my brethren. I had the Gambinos in place and the money ready to pay them for the name they would acquire. Only, the last thing that I remember is talking with one of my men who was joining me for the money transfer. 

Now I was confident that the Gambinos didnt double cross me, not when the agreed amount was 50k, all for a name. It's easy work, anyone can and would do it. They had no reason to betray me or my trust and by extension the trust of my father who would've had their heads. He would not stand for such betrayal, he suggested I put a bullet in all my men's heads and started from scratch by finding new men to be my associates who would work their way up under me. I hate to admit it, but that would have been easier than breaking my back on the daily to impress Davide's old men and pray I earn their respect. 

Father believes respect is earned and not given or threatened but when these men are already loyal to my sociopath of a brother I know I have a challenge ahead. Shooting them all would be a fuck ton easier, only I am not my brother who takes enjoyment from peoples suffering or pain. Also I know father likes to tie loose ends quickly but I valued the life of all those men willing to be loyal over any of the few who may have betrayed me. I valued them enough to only end the ones who had in fact betrayed me. 

Now I am here, locked away with a throbbing head while people are talking around me like I simply do not exist. Treating me like no less than dirt or dog dung off the bottom of their shoe! Whoever attacked me shall pay for this. I wince in pain as my head continues to throb and what I assume to be blood drips down my forehead and over my brow into my sore swollen eye.

I was meant to be having dinner with my girl later, I left her a note and honestly hoped to really talk, I know I have fucked up! 

I planned to get a large true Italian pizza, after all I once said I would bring her to Italy and when she tasted real pizza she would understand why I strongly dislike any other form of it. I had not had real true pizza from Italy since I visited Dad around the age of sixteen. I hated going to visit him, he wanted me to train with my brother so oneday when he took over I would be his underboss, only that was not what I wanted. 

Pizza was the highlight of coming to Italy, only I soon learned it was fathers way of bribing me into doing the things he wanted. It was like a payment for agreeing to train. That was until I realized it was a fake and meaningless sentiment. I then resented pizza and all the blood shed I saw before being given pizza! It was an empty sentiment, not like mum's chicken stew which was home made and cooked with love. 

Only my Caris loved pizza, in all forms even the greasy and dirty takeaway kind. She would devour any pizza and seeing it bring her joy and making her happy dance was enough to stop me hating the dish. 

She is my world, only I know I need to do better. That's what tonight was supposed to be about

Now I am stuck in a life I never wanted, one I in fact rejected and I don't blame Caris but if I had never met her and fell in love I never would have made such a deal with my father to save her.  

Only I am thankful that I have her, she has given me purpose because without her I would have lived a dull life where I would have nothing to look forward to at the end of the day. Even through the last few weeks where we have barely spoken, I work hard and fight hard just to climb into bed next to her every night. 

Even without having to make an awful deal I always knew I was at risk of being captured, people who knew who my father is would seek to use me to get to my father. Not that he would have cared much before I agreed to be his heir. So I may be stuck in this web, building a future I never had cared for but I am not alone, having Caris by my side makes this future worthy of my efforts!

I wanted nothing more than to get back to my girl, I hope she doesn't think I forgot or chose work over her. She is probably getting ready right now and I have no way to tell her she is wasting her time. That I won't make it in time for our dinner, I just pray she is safe but the fact I know this was an inside job I have my concerns. I need to escape but that is not a possibility right now.

I lose my train of thought when my head meets the metal tip of a crow bar and I hear thrumming ringing through my ears like a drum being hit periodically but with a brick instead of a stick. I blink up at the cause of my sudden intense pain and blink through a haze of blurred vision. I see a man, or two, maybe even three all blond or maybe it is just one blond man. I need this room to stay still, Fuck! 

Another bash to my head as the chair I am tied to meets a wrack so harsh it shatters beneath me leaving me to hit the concrete solid floor with a bang that echoed and added to the ringing my ears already were experiencing. 

Sharp splintered wood poke into my hip and right shoulder, with my hands tied behind my back and the rope no looser in the chairs absense I landed towards my right and can feel all the fibers of the wood cutting its way into my flesh.

That"s when one voice is heard above all others, one gruff and husky voice. Only the man's voice is not Russian and I knew the voice well! Marcus! He was Davide's top dog, Davide cared for no one but Marcus sure came close along with his brother Malcolm!

This meant it was Marcus who was the spy, how did I not figure this out from the start. It was obvious; he would always do what Davide asked, actually he only ever did things if Davide asked and never for his own investments. Everything he did, hell everything he was, was for Davide and his brother Malcolm just followed blindly. 

This means somehow my brother has sought them out from his white padded cell to seek revenge! Only I know the only visitors he has had have been mother and myself. 

"Look at the runt now" A man laughs sardonically before kicking me harshly in the ribs.

 I try not to show any reaction but the blow was enough to take me by surprise and snap a rib as it did. I heard my bone crack and I felt a tear run down my cheek. I questioned if when Davide hurt my Caris, did she hear her pelvis break. I had to endure this pain, I had to or they would seek to hurt the only person I love; Caris!

"That all you got you pathetic guard dog, what was you lost without your owner" I snarl and as I spit my words he looks at me with so much anger and stops laughing. Marcus thought he was a hardman, a gangster but that's not how the Sorentos lead!

He was misinformed by my brother who had him idolize the power Davide had, all corrupted and manipulated through fear. No power given from respect or from hard work. 

Malcolm kicks me hard in the back not once, not twice but three hard blows! I was done for, they had me nailed two to one!

"Can't you fight fair, one on one, me you the ring" I spat again at Marcus, I knew I was in no fit shape to fight! I had to try otherwise I would never get out of here alive. 

"Ha, you want to fight me, in your condition! Now that hardly sounds fair Dean!" He cooed as to sound concerned, only it was bitter sarcasm that leveled his tone. 

"Yet you need your brother's help, even with me like this! How sad." I taunt as Marcus grits his teeth practically growling like the mangy mutt he is! 

Marcus spat down at me, his dirty phlegm coating my cheek. He was vile and his brother an idiot. I had been fighting in the underground rings for nearly a month now. Marcus had not fought in a ring since his making in days. This gave me an advantage!

"Fine, you, me and that ring. Think you can beat me, show me but I am not sorry to tell you I am far too busy today. You can simply starve here until I am free and prepared to spend my time getting your dirty blood on my shirt." He laughed and then left, instructing someone near the dark metal door to not feed me until he was back. 

athr dirty scoundrel, he wouldn't know a fair fight if it hit him in the face, wants me weaker so he has no trouble knocking me about. What a waste, I have to find a way to keep some strength.  

I heard the metal doors slam shut and as they did I rolled away from the broken wood that had been digging into my back.

I rolled past a dirty puddle of water, and licked some of the water, it was disgusting but it would be my salvation!

Thanks again for reading!

Can Dean get out of this alive?

Find out in 3 Chapters,
next chapter expect evil!

Will Caris help save her man
The Lioness will always defend her king!!

comment, vote, and share!! Thank you!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 34.7K 29
"P-please. I'll be good. Please don't hurt me." I begged him, wrapping my arms around myself, as though that would keep me from completely falling ap...
45.8K 524 17
Arabela feels as if she has no place in the world, she feels lost. Arabella Hernandez is a young girl that got kidnapped by her mother at the age of...
156K 4.1K 32
Girl is abused, right? Wrong! Boy saves girl, right? Wrong! Boy is the boss, right? Wrong! Boy owns the Mafia, right? WRONG! Not this story. This is...
405K 5.6K 58
The failure to put trust into a stranger's words and a simple act of judgement became the catalyst for a tragic night. Arabella's pleasant life becom...