Ishq In The Air

By Zivera_17

A bunch of cheesy, desi, short cute love stories and one-shots. Some maybe intense, some maybe filled with f... More

♣CONTENT♠
•|Hamraahi|• 1
•|Hamraahi|• 2
•|Hamraahi|• 3
•|Hamraahi|• 4
•|Hamraahi|• 5
•|Hamraahi|• 6 [Last]
•|Doctor In Love|•[One-shot] 2/2~Last
•|Ushshaaq|• 1
•|Ushshaaq|• 2
•|Ushshaaq|• 3
•|Ushshaaq|• 4
•|Ushshaaq|•5
•|Ushshaaq|•6 [Last]
•|Ehsaas-e-Ulfat|•1
•|Ehsaas-e-Ulfat|•2
•|Ehsaas-e-Ulfat|•3
•|Ehsaas-e-Ulfat|•4
•|Ehsaas-e-Ulfat|• 5
•|Ehsaas-e-Ulfat|•6 [Last]
•|Ehsaas-e-Ulfat|• Epilogue
We Once Loved (one-shot)
•|Sayonee|•1
•|Sayonee|•2
•|Sayonee|•3
•|Sayonee|•4
•|Sayonee|•5
•|Sayonee|•6
•|Sayonee|•7 [last]
•|Sayonee|• epilogue
•|A drive to your heart|•1
•|A drive to your heart|• 2
•|AN APPEAL TO ALL-
•|A Drive To Your Heart|• 3
A New Book!
•|A Drive To Your Heart|• 4
•|A Drive To Your Heart|• 5
•|A Drive to your heart|• 6
•| A Drive to your heart|•7 [Last]
•|Ahl-e-dil|• 1
•|Ahl-e-dil|• 2
•|Ahl-e-dil|•3
•|Ahl-e-dil|• 4
•|Ahl-e-Dil|• 5
•|Ahl-e-dil|•6
•|Ahl-e-dil|•7
•|Ahl-e-dil|• 8
•|Ahl-e-dil|• 9
•|Ahl-e-dil|• 10
•|Ahl-e-dil|• 11
•|Ahl-e-dil|•[Last+epilogue]
ISHQIYA [Sania×Yahya]
Her heartbeat-1
Her heartbeat-2
Her heartbeat-3
Her heartbeat-4
Her heartbeat-5

•|Doctor in love|•[One shot] 1/2

5.3K 185 14
By Zivera_17

A/N:

My lovely readers!!! Thank you for more than 2k reads. I honestly didn't expect this much.

This will be a one-shot and soon I will begin a new story!! Until then, ENJOY!!

WARNING:

*Since this is a one-shot, it will be fast-paced. So read at your own risk.

*NOT EDITED

*There might be a few plot holes,  since it is my first time writing such story. You can make peace with that : )

*Mention of drugs and murders.

*********

Mahi Oberoi

Fifty shades of tired

Finally in a relationsleep (Read that again)

yaar, koi shaadi karwa do meri!

Ayaan Malhotra

Look hot, be cold

Keep your head up high, and your middle finger higher

Taking hot showers to practice burning in hell

__________________________________

"Apki Mom ka number chahiye tha, apke rishta ke liye" Mahi choked on her coffee at his blunt words.

[I need your mother's number, Wanted to speak regarding your proposal]

"Excuse me what?". He sat in front of her, holding his receipt.

"Your number Dr. I am serious about you" She felt like taking out her shoe and shoving it in his mouth.

"You have lost your mind. I am recommending a psychiatrist to you because you need a psychiatrist rather than medicine for your diarrhea." She uttered, furiously scribbling down the name of the doctor on his receipt.

"Ajeeb ladki hai! Khud hi bulaya or ab keh rahi hai ke Mera dimaag kharab hai? Bhagwaan kare tumhe diarrhea hojai or saare toilets andar se lock ho jai" He snatched the receipt from her hand, threw it in the bin, and stormed out of the cabin.

[You weird girl! You were the one who called and now you are telling that I have lost my brain? May God give you diarrhea and may all the toilets gets locked from inside!]

Mahi just stared at his back, wondering what she did to get her patient to ask for her proposal.

Another patient entered the room and watched her with wide eyes.

"Wahh! Aap toh tasveer se zyada haseen hai! " Mahi lost her cool.

[Woah! you are more beautiful than your picture!]

She stood up and walked up to the man with murderous intent in her eyes.

" Haseen? Ek injection phenk kar marungi na, Zindagi bhar koi haseena ko dekhne layak nahi rahoge! Dafa ho jao! " She growled at him. The man looked scared at her outburst and quickly went out of the room.

[Beautiful? I will throw an injection at you and you will not be able to see any beautiful lady in your life ever! Get out!]

"aj Saab ka qatal kar dena hai Maine! " She walked out of the room straight to her colleagues' cabin whose outpatient duty ended.

[I am going to kill all of them!]

"Dulhan ji ghar aye, kya saajan ji mil gaye?!" Aryan started to sing in his hoarse voice making Farha slap his mouth to shut him up.

[ The bride has arrived? Was the groom found?]

Mahi grabbed the surgical scissor and walked towards them. They both realized that their effort to get her a suitable groom failed and she was extremely pissed at them.

Aryan squealed before jumping off his chair and getting under the desk. Farha cursed when he stepped on her leg.

"Mai jail chale jaungi lekin tum logon ko zinda nahi chodungi!" She bent down and pointed the scissors at him.

[I will go to jail, but I won't leave you both alive!]

"Meri toh abhi shaadi bhi nahi Hui hai! Na kar yaar, Tera bhala hi toh sonch tha!" His voice held a pleading tone and she would have melted like every other time if not for the stunt he pulled at her.

[I am not even married! Don't do this, I only thought it good for you]

"Bhala? Meri picture cabin ke bahar chipka kar, Rishte ke liye sab ko bulaya hai! ye hospital hai Aryan! Agar Dean ko pata chala toh vo toh mujhe kaccha chaba jate! " She breathed heavily trying to calm herself down.

[Good? Pasting my picture in front of the cabin, you invited everyone to my proposal, Aryan! If Dean gets to know about it, he would chew me raw!]

"Mama ne Kaha hai na tujhe? Mere liye rishta dekhne ko?" She suddenly realized their whole scheme and turned furious.

[Did Mother ask you to do this? For my marriage?]

Farha approached her slowly, fearing that she would stab her with the scissors."She wants to see you settled"

"Tum toh rehne hi do! aise dhundte hai matches? tumhari shaadi mai Naagin dance nahi rakha na toh Mera naam badal Dena! " Farha's eyes widened as she looked at her horrified.

[Is this how matches are searched? Change my name if I don't keep a Naagin dance performance at your wedding]

"Behn! Meri behn hai na? Aise-"

[Sister! You are my sister, right?]

The sudden opening of the door cut her off. a nurse stood panting and looking everywhere

"Emergency case! Come on!" She barely said those words before turning back and running away.

Mahi glared at them one last time before walking out. She tore down the pamphlet that her dearest friends pasted outside her cabin, and entered the elevator.

She walked into the emergency room and saw a whole bunch of doctors surrounding three patients on each bed. She walked up to her Dean who stood in the corner, going through the reports.

"It's a police case," He said as soon as he saw her approaching.

"Accident?" She asked staring at the man covered in blood, laying lifeless.

"It seemed to be a fight! You need to handle patient 456. He has been shot" She nodded before reaching the patient's bed.

He was like all of them, with blood on his body. The other doctors gave her all his examinations and she found out that he was shot in the arm and had a broken leg. They soon shifted him to the operation theatre.

He was bulky and so tall, that his feet hung outside the bed. After cleaning his blood-smeared face, she had a better look at him and was genuinely surprised. He was handsome. With his sharp nose, full lips, and a perfect jawline crafting his face into a Greek masculine sculpture, he was incredible. She blinked away and tried to focus on her business.

The last thing she needed was to ogle at her patient when her mother is worrying her head off regarding her marriage. No, she is better than that.

Taking a deep breath she wore her dress and started the surgery with her assistants.

The surgery was long and only ended after midnight. She purposely put her phone on silent before shooting a text to her mother regarding her late return.

"We need to shift him to ICU, his condition is still critical. Major blood loss, and no sign of consciousness. Adi, I assign you, for tonight" Her words were firm. She glanced at her handsome patient who lay covered in several wires and walked out of the room with slumped shoulders.

"So you are finally here!" Her brother, Ryan, stood leaning on his car, outside the hospital. His dropping eyes brightened when he saw his sister finally approaching him.

"Yeah! Come on" She smiled at him before grabbing his hand and dragging him into the car.

"Na call receive Kiya, na hospital mai Milne aane Diya, raat ke 1 baj Raha hai, ek baat bata, kya is hospital ko tumne apna maika samjh rakha hai?" He said in a grumpy tone before leaning against his seat, with his eyes closed.

[You didn't receive the call, nor did you allow me to enter the hospital, tell me one thing, Do you take this hospital as your home?]

"Phir Mama ne na khud Sona hai na mujhe Sone Dena hai! " He groaned when she started the engine and took a reverse.

[And neither does mother sleep, not she lets me sleep!]

"Acha naa, ab baas karo! Mujhe pehle hi bhook lagi hai" She joined the road and started looking for any food courts.

[Okay, enough! I'm hungry]

"Ghar par Pulao bani, chalo chup chap" She immediately started driving home.

[Pulao is made at home, shut up and let's go]

********

"There is still no sign of consciousness Ma'am! But his condition is stable" Aditya informed as soon as Mahi did his check-up.

"What about the bills?" The nurse undid his bandage and Mahi took a close look at it.

"They are paid. His name is Ayaan, no information regarding who exactly he is"

"And what about the police interrogation? " She recommended another dose of ointments and medicines and handed it to the nurse.

" They will be soon here Ma'am, They told us that they will come in the afternoon"

"Okay! Good. You can take your leave now" Aditya nodded with a polite smile before going out of the room. Mahi looked at Ayaan and nodded to herself with a tiny smile on her lips.

"So the handsome hunk has a charming name" She muttered to herself.

She turned to leave but stopped in her tracks when her eyes fell on the tub that was kept on the table, filled with clothes. What intrigued her was a part of something white color.

She approached it carefully and picked up the black jacket Ayaan wore when he came in here first. Those were his clothes.

A small transparent packet with white powder rested safely in its pocket making her eyes widen.

She grabbed the packet and stared at the man with horror. She slipped it in her coat before running out of the room.

"Mahi, are you still mad at us?" Farha walked up to her with guilt in her eyes. However, Mahi was too shocked to see it.

"Come here!" She dragged her into the Nurse station and a corner. She was glad no one was there until Aryan showed up.

"Party without me? Nah nah!"

"Look at this!" She held the packet in the air for both of them to see. Their expressions changed from carefree to comical. They stared at it for straight 2 minutes.

"Koi kuch bolega?" [ Will someone say something?]

"Jaana I know you are single as hell, but you shouldn't turn to this! I will find you a ma-"

"Shut up! This isn't mine. I found it in his jacket."

"His? Whose?" Aryan asked perplexed.

"The patient whose case I am handling. The patient I operated on last night"

"Oh! But why did you take it?"

"Because... the police would have found out!"

"And why does that concern you?". Aryan finally asked the million-dollar question making her shut her mouth immediately.

"Can somebody tell me what it is?" Farha finally broke her silence and roared at them.

They looked at her with a blank face trying to figure out if she is joking.

"White powder, in a pocket, found in the jacket of someone who was shot, what do you think it is F?" Aryan asked holding his patience.

"Um... A chalk powder? It seems like one" Mahi looked away, not able to bear her innocence.

"Tu jaakar pogo dekh, pata nahi doctor kaise ban gayi" Aryan dismissed her with a scoff.

[You go and watch Pogo, I don't know how you became a doctor]

"Arey! Please tell me what is it?" Farha pleaded.

"It is Drugs, F" He explained calmly.

"WHAT?" she exclaimed too loudly.

"Drugs. D.R.U.G.S" Farha blinked at him shocked.

"I know what is drugs, idiot! But why she is carrying it? Keep it back, Mahi"

Mahi looked down at her feet trying to figure it why she is acting so impulsively. Just then, her phone started to ring.

"Ma'am! It is patient 456- Mr. Ayaan. He is awake" The nurse informed frantically.

"Okay! I will be there. Anything serious?"

"Ma'am it's better if you come and see him" She uttered with fear in her voice.

Mahi immediately reached his room and was met with his beautiful yet angry sight.

His Jet Black hair fell on his forehead. His green pair of eyes which held fury in them, stared at her. Mahi has never been this intimidated by any man in her life.

"Mr. Ayaan! How are you feeling?" Her voice was breathless and she internally smacked herself for behaving that way.

"Where are my clothes?" His question made her frown. He didn't answer her question.

"How are you feeling?" She asked again, approaching him. Her steps were cautious yet she managed to pour some confidence in them. With a stoic expression, she stood near him.

He glared at her. "Not fine. My head feels like it has survived an apocalypse, my arms are probably dead and my feet will soon become a treat for all the ants!" He raked his gaze over her and she gulped.

"Perfect!" She checked his arm.

Ayaan basked in her closeness momentarily forgetting his initial question. As soon as she pulled away he gained his compose and asked her again, this time with politeness.

"Where are my clothes doctor?" Mahi stiffened for a while before loosening herself.

"It's with the nurse, Why though? something important?" Her question seemed innocent yet both of them knew the importance.

"Yes, Can I see it?"

"Yup! Only after you are better enough to be shifted to the general ward" He frowned at her words but she just ignored him and walked out of the room.

********

"So, what are you going to do with it?" Aryan asked. They all were sitting in the cafeteria, munching on their lunch.

"I don't know! He seemed to be going crazy after it" She played with her food, her mind stuck on the green-eyed male.

"Anyone would Mahi, it is drugs for God's sake!" Farha explained to her.

"By the way, show me once. Are we even sure it is drugs? what if he is as stupid as Farha to carry a chalk powder?" Aryan received a slap on his arm from Farha at that.

"Geez Woman! You are abusing me!" Aryan said dramatically.

"It's animal abuse" Farha rolled her eyes. She received a smack at her head.

"Wait what?" Mahi stood up, with her hands in her pocket, searching.

"What?" They both asked.

"It's missing!" She whispered horrified.

"What?" They both shouted again.

"I swear it was here, I kept it myself!" She murmured.

" Mahi, Are you sure? When was the last time you took it out of your pocket? " Mahi looked at him.

"It was in front of you all, then I visited him, and then- Oh wait!"She pulled back her seat and sprinted out of the cafeteria, with Farha and Aryan following her.

" You! " She burst open the door and stormed in only to see him on his phone.

He looked up to her and smirked.

"Yes, Dr. Mahi! What can I do for you?" She locked the door and took angry steps toward him.

" You have it, didn't you? " She leaned forward staring right into his eyes. Ayaan stared back into her chocolate brown ones which were warm, yet held the fury of the mountains.

"What are you talking about, Dr.?" He asked looking away. There was something in her eyes that made him weak.

"We both know what I am talking about. Give it back to me! Or I am going to report to the police " She threatened and heard a chuckle from him.

Geez! When did he even take it from her pocket.?

He didn't come to her, but she did while checking his arm.

"Is that why you took it in the first place?" He asked folding resting his head back. He hissed when he moved his arm slightly.

Mahi's eyes went to his arm and she looked at him again."Y-Yes!" She lied.

She knew she was never going to give it to the police, instead she unknowingly planned to save him and she hated herself for that. She felt a strange attraction towards him, a kind of attraction that made her do something she never thought she would do. The sudden realization made her head spin.

This man was hazardous to her! A part of her was now ready to give it to the police and throw this hunk behind bars.

"Then why should I give you? You are going to report no matter what" His tone was all business, his eyes holding her captive. She didn't know how on earth this man was affecting her in so many ways.

"Look! Police will find out no matter what" He raised an eyebrow at that.

"No, they will not"

"Then I will say them!"

"And they will believe you? Do you even know where I hid them?"

His arrogant smirk was making her anger rise with every passing moment.

"You will regret this! I can't believe I met someone with so low morals! How Much do you use it huh? Or wait! Are you a drug dealer?" She tried pushing his limits, but he didn't faze. Instead, he watched her amused. The fact that she was willing to save him, made him surprised.

It was clear as day that she stole it to protect him, or else Why would she keep it to herself without informing the police? He would have thought that she had bad intentions regarding the drugs, but now seeing her all riled up, red, and embarrassed he knew she was innocent.

Too simple and innocent.

At least he has enough experience to know peoples' intentions by their composure.

It has been so long since someone wanted to protect him that it made his heart warm, and unknowingly he smiled at her retreating. A dazed smile.

It was love at second sight for him...

********

It has been three days since the drama in his ward, and Mahi avoided all types of interactions with him. She would check up on him only when he is asleep and would keep all tabs on him with her assistants. Her eyes were dying to stare in his green ones but she refrained.

"The ship can still sail!" Farha entered her cabin with a huge smile on her face.

"What?" She looked up from the computer and asked her confused.

"Ayaan! He is a police officer. It was found that he was injured while on a mission to catch the druggists. The drugs which were with him were what he raided." She announced, her happiness shining in her dark black eyes. Mahi just stared at her in shock.

Did she lecture a police officer?

Did she accuse him of drug dealing?

Did she call him a man with low morals?

Yes, yes! She did!

Is she regretting it?

So bad.

"God! Why am I such an idiot!" She stood from her seat, with her head in her hands.

"I wonder the same" Farha muttered. Mahi sighed before walking out of her cabin.

"I need to apologize to him, I said so many bad words, he probably would be hating me" She exclaimed helplessly.

"He doesn't hate you, Mahi. He kept asking about you every time I visited him." Farha confessed. Mahi's heart skipped a beat when she heard that.

Could this be... mutual?

Putting aside her thoughts, she took a deep breath and entered his ward. Her eyes took in the scene in front of her. Dr. Swathi was leaning on him, her hands on his bandage, yet the seducing smile on her lips was there. Mahi boiled in anger.

"What the f is happening here? " She seethed with a glare. Swathi immediately pulled away, wiping off her hands. Ayaan sat with an uncomfortable look on his face. His eyes almost twinkled as he saw her at the door.

Oh! how he missed her! Two encounters were all it took for him to have that girl on his mind 24/7.

His eyes took in her form, and he felt a surge of happiness in him.

"I was bandaging!" Swathi explained, standing on her feet.

"This isn't your case!" Mahi was pissed. Her hands on his body were fueling her anger.

"You haven't checked him up for three days! someone must have checked up on him" Her reasoning made her roll her eyes.

"Why do you worry so much? Were you keeping tabs on me, Dr. Swathi?" Mahi took a step forward in her direction. Swathi has always been her rival since the day she stepped foot in this hospital.

"I am worried about the patient" She shrugged.

"Keep your worries to yourself Dr. Your patients are waiting! Next time I see you around my cases then I would have to drag Dean into this" She dismissed her. Swathi walked out with a huff of annoyance.

Mahi was alone in the room with him. Ayaan looked at her in surprise with her jealousy at its peak.

Mahi walked up to him slowly and grabbed the cotton. She sat by his side and slowly undid his bandage. He hissed when she slowly pressed against the injury.

"How are you?" He suddenly asked. She was grateful that he began their conversation since she was at a loss for words.

"I'm good." She applied the ointment to the bleeding that suddenly started. She gulped lowly when she saw him groaning. Her heart hammered in her chest with pain creeping her heart. She wasn't happy that he was suffering and that fact surprised her again.

"Did the nurse clean it in the morning?" She asked hesitantly. She already instructed the nurse to clean his wound thrice a day and seems like she is not doing her duty properly.

"No" His words made her look up at him. Her brown eyes met his pale green eyes and there she saw all the pain.

"I'm sorry!" she whispered. His breath tickled her face yet she couldn't take her eyes off him.

"It's not your fault that the nurses are lazy" He chuckled lightly trying to cool down the environment.

It was suddenly hot, in her presence. He could feel his heart going bizarre every time she looks at him with those warm brown eyes, which unknowingly calms the raging horses in his heart, the brewing storm of mountains in his eyes. He was at peace after such a long time.

"I am still sorry! For.. for accusing you that day, for calling you names... I apologize for it" she murmured looking down. Her heart has not known peace since the day she said all that to him.

One look at his smile, one stare in his green hues and she found her home.

It is crazy how one person you met a few days ago, could make you feel all that.

"It's alright! In fact I should be thankful! That you kept it safely with you or if it fell into the wrong hands it would have been a disaster!" He tilted his head and stared at her. She nodded looking away.

"Are you married?" His question took her by surprise. She suddenly was nervous to answer.

"Uh... No!" She looked down, bandaging his arm properly.

"Engaged?"

"No!" She sighed.

"Thank god!" He muttered under his breath.

"Huh?" She asked looking up at him

"Nothing!" He smiled that charismatic smile of his that captivated her since day 2.

"I could be dating" She uttered in the sheer silence and he froze.

"Are you?" he asked in fear.

"No!" She laughed at the way he asked her that.

He smiled too, bathing in her infectious laugh.

"So... Mr. Ayaan, You are a Police officer. Why didn't you say that before? I said all that to you and you silently listened, why?" She moved away, disposing of the previous bandage. She made a mental note to talk to the nurse privately.

"You look cute when you are angry " She blinked. Her cheeks turned red at his words. How can he be so smooth?

"B... But it's not okay to take unnecessary shit from someone" She bit her lips to stop herself from smiling like an idiot.

"I know, but you were worth it" He smiled at her flustered face, thinking how she is so natural and beautiful.

"I must say, Mr. Hasan, You surely have your way with your words" She finally giggled, with her cheeks on fire. She has never blushed this much in her entire 26 years of life.

"Is it working?"

"Yes, it is" She laughed.

"Then I think I do deserve something in return" He wiggled his eyebrows at her, in a dramatic way.

"Like what?" Her laughter died when his eyes turned intense. A serious look in them is taking over.

" Like a... Date?" He leaned forward testing the waters. She was surprised at his boldness.

"With an injured hand, in a hospital? " She asked nervously.

"Anywhere with you, in any condition. It would be perfect" A beautiful smiled graced her lips, and her eyes twinkled with excitement.

"That's nice. But it would be better if it is after you are completely fine. I don't want our first date to be like this" She explained patiently to which he nodded in acceptance.

"Okay, If that's what you want" He agreed.

Just as she wants!

********

Mahi entered his room with a bright smile on her face. Her eyes twinkled more than usual making his heart race.

The woman had him Bewitched!

"It's children's day today!" she chirped excitedly. He nodded back with a soft smile on his face.

She did his checkup, scribbling down his progress. She would come alone to check him up so they could have a little of their private time, and it wouldn't be a good thing if someone gets to know about them.

"It's going to be a small celebration in the pediatric ward today! Wanna come?" She sat beside him on the chair, staring into his green eyes.

She never came across such a beautiful pair of eyes before!

"It will be appropriate?" He asked taking her hand in his. His fingers traced small circles on the back of her hand, making Goosebumps erupt on her skin.

"It will be. Besides the management themselves had asked the other patients to join. You will love it! " She insisted and who was he to say no to this amazing woman?

"If you want me to be there, then I will be. For you!" he whispered, leaning towards her, his eyes pinned on her lips.

Her cheeks flushed red, as her lips curved up forming a shy smile. The door suddenly burst open as Farha walked in, followed by Aryan.

Mahi pulled her hand away and leaned back in her seat and so did Ayaan. Aryaan widened his eyes dramatically and placed his hand on his eyes, turning back.

"Maine kuch nahi dekha! I am a virgin!" He said in a loud voice. Farah laughed at him before turning his body to face them. Mahi just rolled her eyes whereas Ayaan sat with a shameless smirk settled on his face.

[I didn't see anything!]

"Agar tum log ka chumna chatna hogaya ho toh chale ?" Aryan's words made Mahi gasp and she immediately jumped on her feet to catch him.

[If your kissing and licking is over, shall we go?]

"Mai batati hu chumna chatna kisi kehte hai! Bandar ki aulad!" She shrieked when he dipped down under the bed.

[I will show you what kissing and licking are!]

"Aye! Baab pe jaane ka nai!" Aryaan called out, with a road of laughter.

[Don't go on my father!]

Farha's nerves kicked in and she ran to Mahi and held her arms to stop her.

"Mahi, Ye hospital hai, hum baad mai is languor ki ache se khabar lenge. Ab chale? Gifts bant ne ka time agaya hai" She rubbed her arm to calm her. Mahi was a short-tempered lady, who is often teased the shit out of by her friend Aryan.

[Mahi, this is a hospital, we can deal with this languor later. Shall we go now? It's time to distribute the gifts]

With a sigh and deep breaths, she calmed herself down and motioned for him to take Ayaan to the wheelchair. Aryaan smirked at her before he helped him onto the wheelchair.

"Special guest hai bhai! Jeeja hai vo-" [ He is a special guest, He is Brother-in-law.. -"

"Ek lafz or, tumhare saare daant halaq mai utaar dungi" Mahi growled at him.

[One more word and I will put your teeth down your throat!]

They all entered the maternity hall where the children sat with their parents. The hall was decorated beautifully, with flowers and colorful balloons, the poems playing in the background. The nurses laughed and played with the kids who were shocked to see the sweet side of the witches (nurses) who would usually come to stick needles in their butts.

The other patients sat across, admiring them. It was a sweet gesture so that the people battling for health would find something good in their surroundings it would increase their will to fight back and bring smiles to their faces.

Ayaan soon was surrounded by kids who started telling him about their little adventures in the hospital, how they gave a hard time to the nurses, and how excited they are leave this hell. Mahi stood behind him, admiring how he not only patiently listened to their rants, but also got involved with them.

"Alright, kids!" Farah clapped her hands to gain their attention They all looked at her with curiosity.

"Before we go to the amazing surprise, let's together pray for our little champ Sahil, who is battling with his life since he was born"

The pure silence was heard.

" Shall we pray for our little friend?" she said loudly with a huge smile.

The kids yelled altogether." YESS!"

Giving them a thumbs up she began."Come on! Close your eyes, clean your hearts, and pray for your little friend!" Mahi heard several whispers and smiled at them.

" Oh, God! Please make Sahil all good again!" She heard the little Ruhi say beside her. Her eyes were closed and her brows focused as if she was convincing her God.

"Oh, God! Please" The little Salman pleaded.

"PLEASEEE!" she heard all of them saying this and a tearful smile lighted her face.

"Come on! Since you have been good children, it's time for the surprise!" The other doctors gathered in the hall and brought a huge box wrapped in a cover with them.

The children looked at it curiously and surrounded it. The box was opened to reveal hundreds of toys present in it. The children screamed in excitement and laughed before grabbing onto the toys.

Mahi came to Ayaan's side and saw him lost in watching the kids. She leaned into his ear and whispered

"Shall we go back?" He was pulled out of his trance and felt her behind him. He nodded in approval.

Back in his room, she asked for some male attendants to let him get to his bed. After making him comfortable they all left the room leaving them alone.

"So you enjoyed it?" She sat on her chair as usual, taking her coat off. Her blue dress complimented her pale complexion making her look like an angel. Ayaan couldn't take his eyes off her for it was the first time he saw her without her white coat.

"Y... yeah!" He said forcing his eyes to look away. She was indeed beautiful.

"You like kids, don't you?" She tilted her head in his direction moving closer to him. He smiled at her words.

"Yes... I love kids! Thanks for taking me with you. It was wonderful" She looked down bracing her fingers together. The thoughts that ran through her mind were entirely different from the clean intention of his words.

He noticed her and was surprised to see her so flustered. He tilted her chin to look up into his eyes and saw the intense emotions swarming in them. He gulped staring into her brown orbs holding the ship of feelings.

She took a sharp breath as his cold fingertips caressed her cheeks lovingly. They never broke eye contact until they leaned forward at a slow pace. Her eyes flickered to his full lips awaiting hers until she gave away herself.

Their lips crashed onto each other, moving slowly at first. He wrapped his hand around her hair and pulled her close to him and she obliged. Clutching his dress she cupped his cheek and deepened the kiss.

He bit her bottom lip teasingly making her lips part their ways. Their tongues met and she gasped at the intrusion. With slight hesitation, she matched his pace and soon their tongues danced on their rhythm.

The passionate moment felt like prey to the oxygen and soon they pulled away gasping for air. Her face was red, her eyes closed, her hair disheveled. Their lips were swollen after the intense makeout. Their eyes met each other's before they looked away in shyness.

********

"Ma'am, patient-456 Mr. Ayaan isn't allowing me to change his bandage" The nurse informed with her eyes low. She was scolded ears off by Mahi when she was skipping her duties. Mahi sighed knowing his tantrum. She hasn't met him since three days and this was his trick to summon her.

It has been three weeks and his fractured leg and his arm have almost healed. She was planning to discharge him this weekend.
Mahi has been extremely busy with surgeries for two days that she barely had time to eat. She would send other doctors to check up on him and take information from her assistants.

"I will come" She sighed and closed her screen. Her heart yearned to see him once and this time she couldn't control.

She rushed to his ward and saw him sitting with a dull look on his face.

"Ayaan?" She called out to which he immediately turned his head towards her. A bright smile came to his lips making her smile too.

"Fursat mil gayi?" He tried maintaining an upset look but when she came near him and kissed his cheek, he melted in her arms.

[Got the time?]

"Busy thi yaar! Sorry!" She whispered. He held her in his arms tightly, her scent calming his nerves. Mahi sighed, resting her head on his chest, forgetting all the worries of the world.

[I was busy! Sorry.]

"Bandage change karne kyu nahi Diya nurse ko?" She asked in a low voice.

[Why didn't you allow the nurse to change the bandage?]

"kyuki nurse tum nahi ho!" He huffed making her smile.

[because the nurse is not you!]

She opened his bandage and saw the wound almost healed. She caressed it with her fingertips, feeling the uneven terrain of his skin.

"Kal discharge ho rahe ho tum" Her words made him stiff. She noticed his change in body language and pulled away.

[You will be discharged tomorrow]

"Itni jaldi?" His uneasiness worried her. [ So early?]

"Tum thik hogaye ho Ayaan" She explained.

[You are cured]

He leaned back, his mind and heart falling into turmoil. She cupped his cheek, gazing into his worried eyes.

"What is it?"

"Us" his reply made her heart stop.

"What about us? We can still see each other after you are discharged" She tried pointing out but he didn't budge.

His eyes softened as he saw the worry in her eyes. "Yes..." She smiled and nodded at him in reassurance. He leaned forward gazing into her beautiful eyes and she stared at his lips in return.

The distance between their lips ended as they met in a passionate kiss, which touched their souls and calmed their restless hearts.

********

Mahi walked into her cabin the next day to find Farha and Aryan. They looked cautiously with an uneasy look. Mahi noticed their expressions and asked.

"What's wrong?" they both looked at each other and then finally opened their mouths.

"Ayaan..."

"He left last night"

She froze.

"What? he was going to be discharged today," She asked with furrowed brows. A cold feeling dreaded in her stomach and she knew something was wrong.

"The dean gave him the discharge and he left " Aryan carefully approached her, knowing very well how she was in love with Ayaan.

They might not have realised it but he could see how much she had changed in the past 3 weeks after meeting him. With her frequent smiles and her positivity, she has changed a lot, for good.

And only love can do that.

She ran out of her cabin, straight to the dean. The old man sat in his chair and was surprised when she showed up.

"you discharged him?" He looked confused at her behavior.

"Who are you talking about?" He kept his own on the desk and leaned back in his armchair.

"Patient-456, Mr. Ayaan Malhotra! " She hurried out, standing in front of him.

"I did," He said looking away. He took his pen and started scribbling down again, without looking into her eyes.

"I thought he was my case," She said slowly, not wanting to sound disrespectful.

"Yes, but I hold the authority too, Dr. Mahi! He was needed back to his duty for an emergency and so he left" He gave away his words making her nod in understanding.

Coming out of the room she immediately dialed his number. Her heart sank when she realized his number was switched off.

It shouldn't be a big deal, but somewhere in her heart, she knew there was something wrong.

*******

Three days.

two nights.

And there has been no communication between them.

He didn't contact her in any way and it was killing her to know where he was.

Until she saw him on the TV.

As a murderer.

He was arrested for murdering the ACP. She stared at the screen blankly, her mind going empty.

•••••••••

TO BE CONTINUED...

____________________________

So.....How was it so far??

The next and the last part of this one-shot will be posted very soon.

I wanted it to be in one part, but it was going too long.

Anyways, do VOTE and COMMENT down your views, I appreciate it a lot.

FOLLOW me to get notified of the announcements : )

Have a happy day, lovelies!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 5.1K 29
Searching for a world of stories, then let's dive in. Here you will find thousands of stories, some long some short, some love some hate, some happin...
109K 2.9K 44
𝐻𝑜𝑡 𝑤𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑛 𝑖𝑛 𝐺𝑒𝑛𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑛 & 𝐻𝑜𝑛𝑘𝑎𝑖 𝑋 𝐹𝑒𝑚𝑎𝑙𝑒 𝑅𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑒𝑟. 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠: 𝑆𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑚𝑎𝑦 𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑙𝑢𝑑𝑒 𝑚𝑎�...
1.7M 104K 40
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
37.8K 1.4K 29
𝗔𝗙𝗥𝗘𝗘𝗡 - Beautiful ✨🤍🪷🦢🌻 This is a collection of Desi Short Stories. The stories: 1. Dilkash ✨ [Complete] 2. Mukhtalif 🤍 [Complete] 3. I...