A Girl, her Wings, and Everyt...

Da Mineshafter61

Claire was a beautiful girl living in Carren, a country located on Earth II, a planet about 45 light years aw... Altro

Chapter 1: A Normal Day In Carren City
Chapter 2: School
Chapter 3: Through the window
Chapter 4: The Wedding
Chapter 5: Down the stream
Chapter 6: is deleted.
Chapter 7: The Wizard
Chapter 8: Bomby's hug
Chapter 9: Finding Natalie and Christine
Chapter 10: "It's an Emergency!!!"
Chapter 11: Aquaria City
Chapter 12: King's Orders
Chapter 13: Octopus-flavoured ice-cream
Chapter 14: Claire's second charm
Chapter 15: Elizabeth's help
Chapter 16: Too Beautiful
Chapter 17: Xanthophobia
Chapter 18: Hauled up like a fish fished by her brother
Chapter 19: A zoo animal
Chapter 20: Back to Carren City
Chapter 21: In her diary
Chapter 22: Visiting the aquarium
Chapter 23: People.
Chapter 24: Exhibition. For real.
Chapter 25: A little girl
Chapter 26: The Beach
Chapter 27: DNA Reports
Chapter 29: Fail... or pass?
Chapter 30: Becoming a King
Chapter 31: The Execution... or what?
Chapter 32: Saving People
Chapter 33: Wings?
Chapter 34: The wizard
Chapter 35: A new palace
Chapter 36: A new hand, and a new palace
Chapter 37: Around the area
YJJ City, or Why Gay Gay Ceetie
Chapter 39: The long, long road
Chapter 40: Secrets of The Hotel
The Shafterlands, or Mineshafter61's City
Chapter 42: A Rooftop House
Chapter 43: A clothing shop
Chapter 44: Homestay
Chapter 45: The Roller-coaster
Chapter 46: Getting back home
Chapter 47: Reborn
Chapter 48: The Spider
Chapter 49: Sounds
Chapter 50: The Fairies
Chapter 51: "We must go further"
Chapter 52: The Torturous Tattoo
Chapter 53: Fairyland
Chapter 54: Getting Used
Priseria...
Chapter 55: Shannon
Chapter 57: The Exploration
Chapter 58: 187 Frester Street
Chapter 59: Sleep
Chapter 60: Burn, Claire!
Chapter 61: Caged
Chapter 62: Elements
Chapter 63: The only person better than Herobrine
Chapter 64: Stack of Ropes
Chapter 65: Flight or Fright?
Chapter 66: The Exit
Chapter 67: Traveler
Chapter 68: Made of Parts
Chapter 69: Harry
Chapter 70: A Week of Claire
Chapter 71: A Someone Named Harry
Chapter 72: Home, again
Chapter 73: Natalie receives a letter
Chapter 74: You Can't Run Away!
Chapter 75: A Girl and her Wings
Chapter 76: Wanna Go Home
Author's Note

Chapter 28: A Poll... and a visit?

24 3 1
Da Mineshafter61

"YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!" The King shouted through the microphone while making an important speech. All the national broadcasters were filming this speech down.

"MY TWO DAUGHTERS HAVE RETURNED AND I HAVE CHANGED THEIR FINS TO LEGS SO THEY CAN WALK! TO CELEBRATE THIS HAPPY OCCASION, I WILL DECLARE TOMORROW AS A PUBLIC HOLIDAY! ALSO, I'LL OPEN UP THE PALACE TOMORROW AND SEE WHO WILL DARE TO CHALLENGE ME TO A POLL. I'LL GIVE UP MY SEAT IF SOMEONE ELSE WINS! HOWEVER, I THINK THAT NO ONE WILL WIN OVER ME."

At home, Herobrine was watching the television. His mind boiled when he heard what the king had said.

I must get him... he thought.

*****

The next day

Herobrine woke up the first. Looking at the still dark sky, he presumed that it was 6am. To check, he switched on his super-fast computer (he does not have a clock) and looked at the time. 5.59am. Still very early.

However, he decided to wake up. Rubbing his eyes, he looked around to find the light switch. He groped around until he touched something like a switch. He pressed it and... KABOOM! All the lights in the house was switched on!

Herobrine then remembered that his room had a master switch to switch all the lights in the house on!

"Who turned on the lights?" Claire shouted from her bedroom in the attic, or third level, whichever you prefer.

Her father shouted from below,"It's me! I'm terribly sorry!"

"Never mind, as I just wanted to wake up right now," Claire said.

"That's good..."Herobrine trailed off.

The two woke the others up.

"Dad, Sis, why did you wake me up so early in the morning? It's still 5.59 am!" Brian complained.

"Being an early riser can help you concentrate more in your experiments!" Herobrine lied. However, the lie backfired. Brian did not do any experiments for the whole month!

*****

When all the others have risen, both Claire and Herobrine made breakfast for the whole family in order to compensate for the time they woke up. Then he told the family about the plan.

*****

After talking to the family...

"Dad, Mum said that I cannot go in case I get kidnapped again!" Claire told her father.

"Victoria, is that true?" Herobrine whispered to his wife worriedly. If Claire could not go, she would miss the fun at the poll!

Victoria nodded her head sadly. "To prevent anyone from coming in, I'm staying at home too," she told the others.

"Okay, so you two ladies stay at home, while we gentlemen go out for the challenge," Herobrine told Victoria.

"Wait a minute... aren't you taking Bomby along?"

"Remember the last time the boys went for an outing with Bomby? They threw Bomby around like a basketball and after the trip, Bomby vomited and we had to take him to the veterinarian."

"Oh yeah, so Bomby's also staying at home."

They then kissed and bid farewell and good luck.

Since Herobrine knew that the MCRT lines would be closed, he, together with his two boys, drove his car to the palace. As he also knew there will be LOTS of people on the streets, he decided to put more fuel into the car using the spell, "/addpetrol CR1-2957-3A 67". That will add 67 liters of gas into his car with the car plate number of CR1-2957-3A. Why did I mention the car plate number? Actually, Herobrine had two cars and the other car had a car plate number of CR2-1753-7F.

The car Herobrine was on whizzed past the city. As there are two types of speed limits—one for the day and the other for the night and public holidays, Herobrine followed the second speed limit to drive faster.

"DAD! YOU'RE SPEEDING!!!" shouted Herra.

"No, I'm not! The night speed limit says '200 km/h'!"

"But it's still day!"

Herobrine suddenly pulled over near a speed limit sign. "Bomby bomby bomby..." The horn of a Shafterlandean car could be heard.

"Stupid car..." Herobrine muttered under his breath.

"As you can see, the night speed limit is also used during public holidays!"

"Dad, you're still speeding. The night speed limit says '70km/h'," Herra tried to convince his father.

"That's the day speed limit, son!"

"Ugh..." said Herra as they got back into the car.

*****

Back home, Claire was playing "My World" with Bomby. With reference to Chapter 1, My World is the Earth II version of Minecraft, is it? Never mind, this is just a story about the Brine family (Victoria Victorian, Herobrine, Claire Brine, Herra Brine, Brian Brine) and it is not necessary for me to talk about other games.

"Clare, how do I fly?" Bomby asked.

"You could only fly if you have wings. I have them, so I can fly!"

"But your wings are frozen to your chest!"

"In the game, I mean, in the game."

It was a great laugh and some great fun.

*****

In the car, Herra and Brian were sitting back, "enjoying the ride". Herobrine drove past King Street 1 and was about to drive into King Street 2 when all traffic lights went off. Drivers blocked the junctions.

Luckily, King Street 2 was a left turn away from King Street 1 and there are no traffic lights for left turns. So, Herobrine just turned.

When the trio reached the palace, Herobrine went straight up to the King and just said,"I'm here to oppose you in the election."

"I'm amazed! Are there no one supporting you except for these two little kids behind you?" asked the King in an amused tone, but he was actually very angry upon seeing this.

"The whole world is supporting me!"

"The whole world minus two, I guess. The two are me and the crown prince," said the king slowly.

"Y-yeah! I'm su-supporting my fa-father!" The crown prince backed up from behind, but from the tone of his voice, Herobrine knew he was supporting he himself.

"Write down your particulars, your parliament members, which I think you don't have and your motive in the form at the side of the throne room," said the King.

"Thank you," replied herobrine as he went to the side of the throne room.

*****

Back at home again, Bomby got bored of My World and decided to play a new game, 8NAC. "8NAC" stands for Eight Nights at Clipper's and it was a few times more challenging than Five Nights at Freddy's. It involves pressing a fast-draining dynamo every now and then. If the dynamo finished draining, the dynamo dar will disappear and you cannot do anything. Also, two doors which can be controlled but when closed, the dynamo will drain even faster, will open.

Bomby's high score is 9 nights out of 8 nights. Claire did 11 nights. (You can do up to 800 nights, but that will be very challenging and no one had ever reached that number, EXCEPT the creator.

"Knock knock!" Someone knocked on the door. Victoria opened it to see who it was.

"Hello! I'm Claire's boyfriend, Harry," the 'someone' at the door said.

"Since when did Claire had a boyfriend? This is getting weird—" Victoria said.

"Mum, you might say I don't have a boyfriend but actually, I do, just that I did not tell you because I'm forced to have one! Also, he's a prince! He just claims that I'm his girlfriend because I'm pretty," Claire interrupted.

"Yeah, it's true..." the prince-at-the-doorstep trailed off. "Why do I need this verification?"

"Claire was kidnapped twice, and I mean it!" Victoria was getting frantic.

"Okay, and I'm not here to take her away. I promise."

Victoria opened the door and let him in.

"Claire, should we go upstairs to talk? I am not comfortable here!" Harry said.

"That's the best!"

Both of them walked upstairs.

Harry stared at Claire's feet as they walked.

"Why do your legs look so normal when your tail is so... pretty?"

"Well, I think a mermaid's tail is always beautiful, regardless whether her legs are pretty or not when she transforms into a human," Claire replied. "After all, I'm not a mermaid and I don't have a brain of a mermaid."

"Sounds true."

The duo reached Claire's bedroom. "When I reached the shore, I saw all the traffic lights were switched off. Is there a war here?"

"You can say so!" Claire laughed. "Our king is the worst king ever seen in history!"

Why is her smile always so beautiful, even on land? Did she put invisible blush on? Harry thought, then asked the same thing.

"Actually, no, but I always blush when I smile. I guess it's an inheritance from my mother. When she smiles, her cheeks turn a little cyan."

"Oh. From your speech, I guess your mother is... nicknamed the Ice Girl, right? Oh, now I know why you're so beautiful!"

"How did you know?"

"You said 'cyan'."

"Okay. I draw back my words."

Then they both laughed out loud. However, Harry had other things to do.

"Claire, I have something to tell you. If one day, someone that looks like me but has blue eyes come and visit you, do not let him in. He is my elder brother and wants you to be his concubine. Do not go with him. He tortures his wives and concubines. Also, if he marries you, my father will gladly pass his throne to him!"

"What if I could not tell the difference?"

"I won't visit you again, and if I do, I'll show you my IC and passport."

He showed her his IC and passport first, then said, "I love you."

"I love you too?" Claire asked.

Harry then told Claire about his elder brother again. "If, and I mean if, you got married to my elder brother, before the wedding ceremony, remember to run to the forest that separates Carren City and YJJ City. When you see a flower that is as large as the Rafflesia but is pink in color and has the smell of honey, climb in to hide. I will try to find you. Also, remember to sink your feet into the nectar as the flower petals will shut completely when you reach the bottom. The flower petals are strong enough to withstand any bullets, the sharp end of a sword, and the moving end of a chainsaw."

"What if I get hungry in the flower?"

"Don't worry, as tubes from the flower will seep into your body systems and give you food. Also, light will not be able to shine through the petals so you cannot see the scary process going on. But, you will feel the pain and agony. Also, to repay for the pain and agony you might experience, the plant will heal your injuries, and in addition to that, it will make you beautiful. With that, I shall go back to the sea. Bye."

"Bye!"

________

The longest chapter I've ever written.

Te long'st chapter I'v ever lritten.

The second one is Shinglish, which is the official language of The Shafterlands.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerΓ  anche

350 41 48
At the age of eighteen, Avery Whitewing is crowned High Priestess of Iden. And at the age of eighteen, Avery Whitewing becomes a fighter. In the wo...
104K 4.4K 88
Amber chose to become a VILLAIN Amber had worked all her life to become a surgeon and had died on her way home from her graduation ceremony. She'd do...
31.8K 1.9K 45
Twenty-year-old Claire must deceive a vampire prince to infiltrate the monarchy and discover their secrets while resisting her desire for him. --- No...
105K 1.4K 7
Awakening to find myself in a world teeming with magic, dragons, and fantastical wonders was like stepping into the pages of a novel - quite literall...