Charmed [✔]

Por xxsoteria

Elise's life is never a bore. With unusual parents, mad scientist brothers, and a little sister who aspires t... Más

00.1 ▌Writer's Note
00.2 ▌Gallery
01.1 ▌Prelude
01.2 ▌The Beginning
02.1 ▌The Woman on the Shore
02.3 ▌The Woman on the Shore
03.1 ▌Her New Reality
03.2 ▌Her New Reality
04.1 ▌The Identity of the Guest
04.2 ▌The Identity of the Guest
04.3 ▌The Identity of the Guest
04.4 ▌The Identity of the Guest
05.1 ▌The Chronicles of Elith
05.2 ▌The Chronicles of Elith
06.1 ▌Hadrien's Accident
06.2 ▌Hadrien's Accident
07.1 ▌The Ancient Clan of Flamion
07.2 ▌The Ancient Clan of Flamion
08.1 ▌The Guardian Knights
08.2 ▌The Guardian Knights
08.3 ▌The Guardian Knights
08.4 ▌The Guardian Knights
09.1 ▌The Ember Isle
09.2 ▌The Ember Isle
09.3 ▌The Ember Isle
10.1 ▌The Healers
10.2 ▌The Healers
11.1 ▌His Past
11.2 ▌His Past
12.1 ▌Contributor of Medical City
12.2 ▌Contributor of Medical City
12.3 ▌Contributor of Medical City
12.4 ▌Contributor of Medical City
13.1 ▌Memories of the Rain
13.3 ▌Memories of the Rain
13.2 ▌Memories of the Rain
13.4 ▌Memories of the Rain
14.1 ▌The Association of Humana
14.2 ▌The Association of Humana
14.3 ▌The Association of Humana
14.4 ▌The Association of Humana
15.1 ▌Fading
15.2 ▌Fading
15.3 ▌Fading
15.4 ▌Fading
16.1 ▌The Overseers of Elith
16.2 ▌The Overseers of Elith
16.3 ▌The Overseers of Elith
16.4 ▌The Overseers of Elith
16.5 ▌The Overseers of Elith
17.1 ▌Banquet in Flamion
17.2 ▌Banquet in Flamion
17.3 ▌Banquet in Flamion
17.4 ▌Banquet in Flamion
18.1 ▌The Harbinger
18.2 ▌The Harbinger
19.1 ▌A Charm or A Curse
19.2 ▌A Charm or A Curse
20.1 ▌Abyss Faction
20.2 ▌Abyss Faction
20.3 ▌Abyss Faction
20.4 ▌Abyss Faction
21.1 ▌The Return of Destruction
21.2 ▌The Return of Destruction
22.1 ▌Ink Plume
22.2 ▌Ink Plume
22.3 ▌Ink Plume
22.4 ▌Ink Plume
23.1 ▌Season Festival
23.2 ▌Season Festival
24.1 ▌The Blue Moon Ritual
24.2 ▌The Blue Moon Ritual
25.1 ▌Origin of the Birthmark
25.2 ▌Origin of the Birthmark
25.3 ▌Origin of the Birthmark
25.4 ▌Origin of the Birthmark
26.1 ▌The Creation of Kalins
26.2 ▌The Creation of Kalins
27.1 ▌Truth To Be Known
27.2 ▌Truth To Be Known
28.1 ▌Blood Pact
28.2 ▌Blood Pact
29.1 ▌God's Fate
29.2 ▌God's Fate
30.1 ▌Postlude
30.2 ▌Ending Note

02.2 ▌The Woman on the Shore

766 58 11
Por xxsoteria

Year 3988, 28th Day of the 7th Moon
Ember Isle, Fliamma Kingdom, Continent of Humana

THE LATEST report regarding the House of Monarch was still in Aricson's hands when he opened his eyes. He rubbed his neck as he glanced toward the grandfather clock opposite the table. It was already three in the afternoon.

It seemed like that little nap he did have taken longer. He adjusted himself to sit comfortably when someone knocked.

"Enter."

"Rei Aricson." The man stopped just before the door and bowed before entering.

As the house steward of a prestigious family, Gerald should have entrusted menial tasks to the servants instead of carrying such a heavy tray with his old age.

"Put that aside, Gerald," Aricson ordered.

Gerald walked to the settee while Aricson returned to reading the report.

"Pardon my impudence, sire, I won't leave unless you eat," Gerald declared.

He looked up and let out a breath. "Stand there as long as you like," he muttered and resumed his tasks.

'I will not even starve if I did not eat for a month.' He wanted to add but decided not to since first of all, Gerald knew that fact.

"Lady Dryann is worried, sire. I'm afraid we will only suffer if you make her anxious."

That made him put down his papers and massaged his temples. His sister had always been a headache. It was not strange for him to pass his meal from time to time but this had been the longest when he had stayed in the study for a week straight without eating and not having enough sleep.

All thanks to the First Prince of Fliamma who loved to cause havoc.

"Tell her I ate. I'll be done by this afternoon so be rest assured. She will not lose control over this."

"But, sire—"

Gerald was about to insist when another knock resounded in the room. He opened the door and one of the footmen rushed in.

"Rei, Lord Fifth has arrived," the footman informed.

"Is that all? You may go now and you too, Gerald," Aricson stated.

But both the footman and Gerald remained in their position. The former one was shifting nervously while the other one simply tidied his monocle.

"What did he do this time?" he asked the servant.

His younger brother was the epitome of a person who enjoyed life frivolously, always spending his time in brothels and pubs across the continent. At this point, this was nothing new. He was already used to being surrounded by troublemakers.

"Lord Fifth brought a woman into the residence, Rei," the footman announced with his eyes on the floor.

"Truly?" A minuscule change from his apathetic expression was revealed but it was gone in a second.

'He actually dares.' He and his brother had an agreement and the latter was well aware of it. Erkhan promised he would never bring a woman into their residence unless he would marry her yet he bravely did.

"Where is he?"

"At the third guest room on the East Wing, sire."

Aricson nodded. "You can leave."

"Yes, sire," the servant replied and he quickly bowed before departing the room.

"I'm heading out, Gerald." Aricson stood up and took his coat.

"But, sire, your meal."

"I'll have it later."

He walked past Gerald who was heaving a sigh. The old man had no choice but to silently follow him as they proceeded to meet his wayward brother.

ERKHAN WAS sitting on the couch while the housemaids took care of the woman in the bed. He did not even notice Aricson's arrival. He lightly tapped his shoulder, causing Erkhan to jolt from his seat.

"I know what you're thinking and that is not the truth, Brother," Erkhan rambled, his arms flourishing in the air to make a point.

He signaled the servants to leave. The moment they exited, he sat in the armchair near Erkhan with his arms propped. "Enlighten me, then."

"I remember our promise, of course, but she's a special case. I was on the way here when I saw her on the shore. She was dressed differently and acting strange then she stepped into a shard fish and fainted so I had no choice but to bring her here since she was bleeding heavily because of the poison. And besides, Hadrien is still here," he explained in haste.

Aricson's gaze turned to the woman. The contrast of pink and black strands was evident even from afar, making her almost as pale as the white linen covering her up to her neck. Anyone could tell she was undeniably pleasing in the eyes with such features as if chiseled into perfection.

He looked back at Erkhan with a deadpan stare.

"In simpler words, you cannot leave a beautiful woman alone?" he inquired, fully understanding what kind of person his younger brother was. All types of the female population were welcomed to his embrace.

Erkhan scratched his head and grinned goofily. "Well... That is partly true."

"What are those Guardian knights doing that they did not even notice a trespasser? Are you sure she's not an enemy?"

"Yes. Even the Vermilions did not notice her. I was only able to see her since I was distracted and saw that there was something near the nest," Erkhan briefed with a slightly furrowed brow, his voice turning somber.

Erkhan may come off as foolish but he was not when their family's safety was talked about.

"That's even stranger. All the Vermilions would be alarmed when there is an intruder near their nest," Aricson noted as his brows scrunched.

"I asked the maidservants to check any marks on her body. They told me there was something on her upper right arm, almost like a sun. She had the fairy's hair so I'm presuming she is a Half-breed since there is no fey emblem on her body. No banished marks either," Erkhan apprised.

Aricson stood up and went to the bedside. The woman looked ethereal as she lay there. Fairies were known for their beauty and she was certainly one of them on looks alone. He kept gazing at her as if he was being pulled into her and could not seem to avoid it.

'That is odd.'

He could not stop staring and it did not sit well with him. He shook his head, trying to force himself to clear his thoughts.

"Aside from that, there are also weird things about her clothing and sword," Erkhan said who was already beside him.

"Why?"

"It's the first time I've seen one dressed like her. As for the sword, it is definitely a magic weapon but I could not activate it."

"It must be a sacred artifact," Aricson concluded and took the sword from the table.

All this information made her more suspicious. The scabbard was simple but the hilt was uniquely adorned with jewels. He took it off and examined the sword.

When the light hit its tip, it shone like a glistening moon on a starry night. It was beautiful and sturdy, too. Nevertheless, there was something peculiar about it. Sacred artifacts had magic imbued in them, he could sense it but it was unfamiliar. He put it down after he realized something.

"You told me she was at the shore but how come no one notified me until now," he asked and thought of a reason as a certain someone passed his mind. "Anyway, this must be further investigated."

His younger brother simply nodded, obviously interested to find out about the person he had brought.

"I need to question her purpose for coming here. Call me the moment she wakes up."

"Yes, Brother," Erkhan agreed.

He could not help but take one last glance at the woman before bidding goodbye. There was still a mountain of paperwork waiting for him in the study.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

464K 25.2K 166
Featured at Wattpad's Editor Picks list. Luna, an overworked Engineer, had an unfortunate end. Her spirit, feeling wronged, fights Death for a second...
22.6K 3.5K 73
FEATURED ON WATTPAD'S OFFICIAL FANTASY, ROMANCE, MAGIC, STORIES UNDISCOVERED AND SPECULATATIVE FICTION PROFILES. "Rose run!" A voice yelled from all...
197 27 30
From the time she could remember, all she had known is the scene of the evolving world of nothing less the extraordinary. The world she was in, had c...
280K 9.8K 47
A stranger to her own existence, Kayla moves to a small town with the hope of finding comfort in fresh starts. But as she steps inside the unfamiliar...