devil's advocate

By -darlingsinners

"I have a goddess in front of me, it'd be a crime not to worship her." He whispered in my ear. His lips and h... More

𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄
𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐎
zéro
un
deux
trois
quatre
cinq
six
sept
huit
neuf
dix
onze
douze
treize
quatorze
quinze
dix-sept||18+
dix-huit
dix-neuf
vingt
vingt-et-un

seize

2.6K 118 7
By -darlingsinners

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
a millisecond of peace

Waking up in a random room in Santiago's mansion wasn't what I was expecting. I could feel sweat sticking onto my skin leaving a sickly feeling to coat my skin. I definitely didn't expect to see Santiago looking my body over in worry.

"Santiago." I said in an attempt to get his attention.

Nothing.

For god's sake this man never responds. I'm almost convinced I need to get him some hearing aids for Christmas.

"Santiago." I said louder. It seems he finally heard me as he lifted his head up to look at me.

"How are you feeling love?" He asked brushing through my tresses as he kneeled down to my side.

"Fine aside from the sweat covering my skin." I mumbled while searching his face.

"What were you dreaming about?" He questioned in a soft tone of voice that only seemed to confuse me.

"I don't know, I tend to forget my dreams as soon as my brain catches up to me." I said watching his reaction. "Why?" I asked with slightly furrowed brows.

"You looked like you were having a nightmare." He said while stroking my cheek in a slightly rough manner. He looked angry, almost like he wanted to fight whatever it was in my dream that scared me. I couldn't help but to think the sight was adorable.

I could feel the walls I had built up cracking more and more. Of course he was still working away with his chisel and hammer. Even if he could break all of those walls down I don't think he would stop looking through me until our souls were entwined.

"I'm alright mon doux amour." I said as my hand reached up to the one he'd placed on my cheek. I squeezed it tightly and gave a small grateful smile at his concern. His expression returned to his emotionless one in an instant. (T: my sweet love)

My smile dropped slightly as he got up without a word and left the room.

"Santiago?" I called. My mind began racing through different possibilities of where we stood. Maybe telling him so much wasn't such a good idea. It brought back fears and traumas I thought I'd buried along with my victims long ago.

Fuck. I thought. I knew I shouldn't have told him. The only good thing I had- it was ruined completely. And it was my fault. I ruined it. Of course I did, why would he want a war with the Russians. How could I be so selfish as to put the man I'm falling in lo-

I heard his steps before he was back in the room, only this time he carried a bag with him. He gave me a sweet smile before making his way to another room. I could hear the bath being turned on which only seemed to confuse me more.

Okay he smiled at me, that's got to be a good sign. Jesus Christ what in the hell was wrong with me.

I could feel a pit in my stomach form and it seemed to cease when he rejoined me in the bedroom. He threw the blanket off me and his arms made their way under my legs and across my back as he picked me up and walked over to the bathroom.

The lights were dimmed down with a bubble bath, a few candles spread around, and a glass of wine sat waiting for me with its bottle just sitting adjacent. I felt relief flow through me. Maybe he wasn't as upset as I thought he was. He set me down as I stared dumbfounded at the sweet display.

He gave me a kiss on the temple and rubbed his thumbs in soothing patterns along my hips as he spoke. "I'll be outside when you're finished, there are some clothes in that bag." He pointed towards a bag that sat on the counter. "Wear them once you're done; we can't exactly leave with everything going on but I've set up a small surprise for you." His fingers pushed a button and I could see it was for the towels on the heating rack near us.

He let go of my hips and turned to leave before my hand grabbed onto his shirt sleeve.
He raised a brow and I could see the questioning look in his eyes.

"Stay." One word, four letters. It seems that was all it took for him to begin stripping down. He held eye contact with me as each article of clothing came off and hit the floor. His expensive watch, his leather belt, his suit jacket, all of it came off as I leaned against the counter and watched.

Once he was down to his briefs he made his way over to me. Lifting my chin with his pointer finger and thumb he gazed into my eyes before leaning in and placing a soft kiss to my lips.

His fingers played with the hem of my shirt as he looked at me. His unspoken question of 'are you sure?' Received a smile and small nod as his answer. He pulled the shirt over my head and before making his way down to my pants he caressed my sides ever so gently.

He unbuttoned my pants and dragged them down my smooth legs slowly, his eyes holding my gaze all the while. They let me know that I could tell him to stop and he would. Telling me that if I so much as looked at him then the door that he would leave with no complaints.

Instead I took off my bra and thong and moved towards the bath, my body ever so slightly brushing against his. I made sure to leave him with enough room to sit behind me and it wasn't a second later that I felt his body heat brushing against mine.

I grabbed the wine glass as he massaged my back for a while. He washed my body off slowly and carefully making sure I was okay with every brush of his hand on my skin. My hair came last and once he'd finished cleaning it I laid across his broad chest. I could feel his scars against my back but they were almost soothing. I knew the stories of each scar on his body. From assassination attempts, fighting, and even the small one on his forearm from playing with his younger brothers as a child.

We stayed in the bath until the water grew cold, simply enjoying each other's presence. The lavender in the bath added to the relaxing feeling that would eventually seem like a millisecond of peace in what seemed to be an upcoming war.

He stood and grabbed two towels off the warm rack. The first to wrap around his waist and the second to cover my body. The heat caressed my skin and warmed me from the inside out but it couldn't compare to the feeling Santiago's hands gave me.

They left a trail of lightning and electric shocks everywhere he touched.

He held me against his body for a while. Gentle kisses were littered against my neck and shoulder. Over the months we'd known each other I quickly learned that was one of his favorite places to mark with his intoxicating kisses. If he wasn't kissing there he was simply burrowing his head there and not moving. My hands would run through his hair returning it to its slightly curly state that I'd come to adore. Eventually he stopped fixing his hair as much, finally accepting that I'd simply run my hands through it messing it up again and again.

He finally released me long enough for me to get dressed as he went to get his own clothes. Opening the bag I found some underwear and a long white flowing dress that reached my mid calf. Shoes with a small kitten heel sat in the bottom of the bag and when I looked up from slipping them on I found him walking into the room. Cream pants and a loose white button up adorned his body. The buttons of his shirt exposing his tan skin almost seemed like an invitation to mark the golden skin.

The smirk that usually graced his face was nowhere to be found. Instead he had this silly little grin etched across his face. When I smiled back I swear I saw his eyes light up with happiness. He held his hand out to me and once I'd placed my hand in his he brought it to his soft plump lips for a sweet kiss.

We didn't talk as he led me towards the surprise. The entire time all I could think was 'when had he started looking at me like that?' By the time we reached our destination I found myself unable to come up with an answer.

It feels good to update again I'm finally finished with finals so updates should resume back to normal. We're also halfway through this book when it comes to chapter from what I originally have planned. It might be a bit longer but for right now we're nearing the halfway point of the actual plot. Don't forget to like and comment I hope you enjoyed this chapter :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

385K 8.9K 63
This is book two in the Lost&Found Series but can be read as a stand alone. *** I heard the bag drop on the table before he grabbed my elbow and spu...
5.3M 159K 51
(BOOK 1 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) [COMPLETED & EDITING] * "Arie," he whispered, his smile dropping as he closed the distance between us. "I'm s...
1.6M 33.5K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...
1M 16.6K 75
"Apologize, amore." he said with a deadly tone of voice. "If I don't apologize, then what?" I replied with grin on my face. He wrapped his arms aroun...