WE NEED EACH OTHER [DRARRY]

seriouslymeh tarafından

This must be a mistake... I scanned the crowd until I found the silver eyes. They looked back, blank. *** Wha... Daha Fazla

Introduction
Aesthetics + Playlist
CHAPTER ONE : DRAMA
CHAPTER TWO : AGREEMENTS
CHAPTER THREE : RELATIONSHIPS
CHAPTER FOUR : THE ROYAL GALA
CHAPTER FIVE : THE ROYAL GALA (PART 2)
CHAPTER SIX : THE ROYAL GALA (PART 3)
CHAPTER SEVEN : TRAIN GOSSIPS
CHAPTER EIGHT : ENROLLMENT
CHAPTER NINE : BACK TO HOGWARTS
CHAPTER TEN : BACK TO HOGWARTS (PART 2)
✨ BONUS CHAPTER ✨
CHAPTER ELEVEN : MORNING MISHAPS
CHAPTER TWELVE : SWITCH PLEASE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN : UPS AND DOWNS
CHAPTER FOURTEEN : NOT-SO-ENEMIES
CHAPTER FIFTEEN : EVENING AT HOGSMEADE
CHAPTER SIXTEEN : THE ACTUAL FIRST DAY
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN : MUTUAL FRIENDS
CHAPTER NINETEEN : STANDING UP
CHAPTER TWENTY : LETTERS CREATE MATTERS
CHAPTER TWENTY : LETTERS CREATE MATTERS (PART 2)
✨BONUS CHAPTER TWO✨
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE : WARNINGS
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO : PLOTTING THE PLANS
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: SEEKERS ASSEMBLE
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR : SECRETS ARE OUT
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE : SCARED, POTTAH?
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX : MALFOY VS. POTTER
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN : HIDE AND SEEK
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT : ACHOO!
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE : DORMMATES?
CHAPTER THIRTY : LISTENER
✨BONUS CHAPTER THREE✨
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE : STUCK WITH WORK
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO : SNOGGING
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE : FROWNS AND SMILES
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR : SNEAKIN' IN AND OUT
CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE : BONDING
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX : APOLOGIES AND PRESENTS
CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN : THE INVITATION
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT : THE PARTY
CHAPTER THIRTY NINE : THE KISS

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN : FIGHT IN FLIGHT

218 47 28
seriouslymeh tarafından

Harry's POV

After the break, the whole day went quite decently. It was my second last class of the day, and I hadn't faced any difficulties until now. The previous class was a class of student program with Malfoy. Thankfully, we were able to coordinate with minimal talking.

We hadn't planned anything like we were supposed to since we were partners. I was late for Potions class by a minute because I needed to use the bathroom. Meanwhile, Malfoy wrote the important points on the board to teach the class properly. I was surprised that Malfoy had actually shown some interest. Until now, I thought he wasn't taking the student program seriously.

We were in the courtyard now. It was the student program's flight class for first-year students. And there were two difficulties that I needed to overcome. One— handling the children, and two— cooperating with Malfoy. Unlike the previous classes, we needed a lot of cooperation in this class since first-year students were new to Hogwarts. Plus, on top of that, flight class was an outdoor activity and required to be handled with utmost caution.

As soon as I arrived, I was bombarded with a group of first-years rushing toward me. They all formed a little tight circle, with me in the middle. I raised my hands in surrender, trying to calm them as they called my name with excited little faces. I was used to popularity by now, but I had never encountered a herd of school kids trying to jump on each other to get to me. I tried my best to calm them.

"Are you really Harry Potter?" one of them asked.

"You are my hero," the other one piped in.

"Wow! You are so brave!"

"I'm a Gryffindor, just like you."

Their insistent chatter didn't stop. I was flattered that I was an inspiration to so many young minds, but at this point, it would be a miracle if I came out of this class alive. Helplessly, I tried to calm them down, and my eyes landed on Malfoy.

He stood at a distance with his arms folded over his chest and his mandatory bored expression. I could almost hear what he thought of me at this moment.

"Alright, everyone," I tried to say, glancing at Malfoy occasionally. "Please get in line."

The students continued chatting, seemingly ignoring my requests. I saw Malfoy roll his eyes and stride in my direction. "Are you all deaf?" he snapped at the students. The students immediately fell silent and looked at him with fear.

"Didn't you hear him?" he continued. "Get in a line!"

"Do you know him?" a voice muttered from among the students.

"He's Draco Malfoy," another voice whispered. "I heard he was a bully in school."

A few gasps emerged.

I sighed, rubbing the back of my neck in exasperation. This was going well...

"Yes," another voice said, "He bullied my older brother. He would call him mudblood."

Another set of gasps.

"That's enough!" Malfoy snapped, with his face still a blank mask. I noticed his fingers flex slightly like he was preparing to strangle someone.

"He was also a death eater!" The voice was loud enough for everyone to hear this time. It came from a group of boys.

I saw Malfoy's expression change from annoyed to furious as he stormed toward the group, his face set.

"Who the hell said that?" he shouted, his face flushing, "You little prat! How dare you?!"

The students all cowered, shrinking back as Malfoy purposely walked towards the group of boys who had made the claim. If looks could kill, all the students would have dropped dead from the glare Malfoy shot at the whole crowd. I couldn't just stand and watch Malfoy hurt the kids. I had to do something.

I rushed and blocked his way, stopping him from moving any further. "That's enough, Malfoy," I said firmly, giving him a tough look.

Malfoy's cheeks were tinged with pink, his glittering grey eyes narrowed to slits. He seemed to be pulsing with anger, his jaw set firmly.

I stood my ground, and he probably realised I wasn't going to move. Because Malfoy took a step back, a harsh exhale forced through his clenched teeth.

"Of course. The bloody chosen one had to save the day." He scoffs, a faint condescending smirk playing on his lips.

"You can't hurt the kids," I muttered, trying my best to stay calm.

"Don't lecture me, Potter," he scowled. "It's none of your business."

I was about to speak, but he turned his back and walked away.

That's when I saw red.

This git always did whatever he wanted and got away with it. My anger rose, and I blurted out, "He didn't say anything wrong, you know."

Malfoy stopped and turned after a second as his fists clenched ominously. I stared him in the face with a smirk. Before I could blink, he had closed the distance between us, holding me by the collar.

"What the fuck did you just say?" he growled, his eyes flashing.

Our faces were inches apart. His teeth were bared, making my eyes flit towards them multiple times.

"I said," I started, "The student didn't say anything wrong. You are a..."

"YOU!"

Malfoy drew his fist back, ready to punch my face. I squeezed my eyes shut, waiting for the impact. But the hit didn't come. Instead, my ears are attacked as a voice thundered in the courtyard, "DRACO MALFOY AND HARRY POTTER!"

I opened my eyes, and Malfoy let go of my collar immediately. We saw Headmistress McGonagall standing before us.

I released the breath I realised that I had been holding this entire time.

"Stop this at once!" she ordered, looking extremely affronted, "You both will see me in my office. NOW!"

Draco's POV

The anger still prickled under my skin as McGonagall led us to her office. She quickly turned to us, looking grave.

"This behaviour is unacceptable!" McGonagall said, moving towards her desk to take a seat, gesturing for us to do the same. I took a seat, relaxing my posture slightly.

"What in Godricks name did you think you were doing?!" Her hands were set in front of her in a disapproving way. "Those are the first-year students. And they will look up to you as their inspiration. This program is to boost their development."

Her gaze shifted between Potter and me as she continued speaking.

"You two are meant to be an example for the young students. Fighting with each other in front of them is absolutely indecent!"

Potter opened his mouth to protest, but McGonagall held her hand up, stopping him as her voice turned stern.

"Don't you dare give me excuses, Potter! I saw what you said to Mr Malfoy."

Potter shut his mouth. I exhaled softly. Looks like I won't be getting into trouble.

"As for you, Mr Malfoy," McGonagall turned to me, "Your father will be informed about this little incident. In fact," she turned to Potter again, "I'll be informing the Weasleys in your case, Mr Potter."

Potter turned a bit pale. But it was nothing compared to how I felt.

Father will be so mad.

I closed my eyes briefly, sucking a breath through my teeth.

"Mr Malfoy," McGonagall addressed me again. I sat up straighter. "You can leave. I want to have a word with Mr Potter in private."

I nodded and stood up shakily, slipping out of the door without a second glance.

Walking out of McGonagall's office, I almost jumped when I saw Astoria waiting for me outside. Just what I needed right now. I think, plastering on a pleasant expression.

Harry's POV

"Harry," McGonagall said once Malfoy closed the door behind him.

I sighed deeply, looking at her sheepishly.

"I'm very disappointed in you," she said.

I nodded slowly, feeling shitty myself.

"Sorry," I mumbled.

"Do you realise what you called Malfoy?" she asked. "Have you, for even a second, tried to think how he might be feeling about all this?"

I felt my gut clench. I shook my head slowly.

"Malfoy is a death eater-" I started, but the glare McGonagall sent me was enough to make me shut my mouth.

"It's none of your concern what Mr Malfoy was in his past," she said in a commanding voice. "I am very discontented that you, of all people, can't understand what Mr Malfoy has gone through."

That felt like a punch to the guts, so I spoke, "And what is that supposed to mean?"

"Malfoy can be changed," she muttered, "You can change him if you try to cooperate with him."

I let out a derisive snort, making McGonagall's eyes narrow.

"You do not believe me, do you?" she asked me, her expression hard.

"Well... it's Malfoy," I stated.

"Does that mean he doesn't have a heart? Mr Malfoy is still dealing with the trauma of the war. We all are. And no other person than you know what it feels like to be at the centre of the war."

I sighed, averting my eyes.

"Harry," McGonagall said, her voice a degree softer, "Sometimes we just need people to understand what it feels like to be where we are. Instead of reminding Mr Malfoy of what the war had forced him to do, why don't you both work towards healing and moving beyond the destruction? Could you try that, Harry?"

"I can try," I shrugged. "But I won't make it a priority."

"Well, then that's settled." McGonagall pursed her lips.

"Could you at least try to change our rooms?" I asked, clutching at straws at this point.

"I will do as I see fit, Mr Potter," McGonagall replied. "You may leave." She gestured at the door.

I gave her one last look, turning to the door. As I walked in the corridor outside, I saw Malfoy and Astoria talking in a corner.

I was not the type to eavesdrop, not usually, but I couldn't help myself to listen in on their conversation.

"...adjusting to him may seem difficult, but I really don't think you've tried hard enough," I heard Astoria say. "You two are about to spend a whole year together."

Malfoy chuckled slightly. "I probably won't even last until Christmas. I'll freeze to death because of the cold."

"Why can't you borrow another blanket from Madam Pomfrey?" I heard Astoria's indignant voice. "Or Harry can share the one you already have."

Malfoy scoffed. "Sharing the blanket? He would rather see me freeze out of the cold."

I stopped listening, guilt eating my insides once again. I did watch Malfoy being crumpled on the couch last night. McGonagall's advice echoed in my mind, I sighed, resentment and guilt carving out my insides.

Draco's POV

I was in my dorm after dinner, writing a letter to my mother as promised. I was fulfilling my duty. My hand was cramped, with pieces of parchment littering the floor. My desk was blotted with ink. I couldn't find words to describe my days so far at Hogwarts.

"Dear Mother," I wrote in my neat and precise handwriting.

"The student program is going better than expected," I rolled my eyes. Honestly, I hadn't expected much.

"Potter is being a brat, as usual."

I wanted to write more about Potter, but didn't want to get into a tangent as I did with my previous letters.

"I'm cooperating with Astoria. She's a nice company."

Sure. I scoffed. That's one way to put it.

"Other than that, it's all good. I hope you are doing well. Hope to see you soon.

Your son,

Draco."

The letter was short, but I didn't know what to write without revealing too much. I couldn't bear to write about McGonagall, how I'm being put off by Astoria and even the incident of being called a death eater. I inhaled shakily, closing my eyes at the memory.

He was also a death eater!

I inhaled sharply, my gut clenching. If Potter hadn't stopped me, I probably would have scared the shit out of that first year. But then, of course, Potter had to rub it in as if I didn't already know what I was. Always sticking his nose blindly in everyone's business.

He didn't say anything wrong, you know.

"Shut it," I growled at no one in particular.

I rolled up the letter, called my owl, tied the letter up hastily and sent the bird off.

"It's only the first day," I murmured, pulling the sleeve of my shirt, examining the black mess on my left arm. It was still there— the dark mark. A stark contrast to my pale skin.

The black serpentine figure cut through my pale skin like a sharp, angular blade. With a whisper of a touch, I traced my index finger slowly over the mark, trailing my finger from the mouth of the snake and slowly twisting up and around the skull.

It was disgusting.

Every time I saw it, it still made a sweat break out, reminding me of what it was and who I was.

I pulled my sleeve down, glancing around the dormitory, my previously written letters were still scattered along the floor, and I quickly picked them all up, effectively vanishing them with my wand.

I exited the dormitory, settling my face into a calm facade. I was greeted by Lovegood, who waved at me dreamily in the common room. I gave her a short wave back with the briefest smile.

Potter glanced at me from where he was sitting next to Lovegood. He shot me a quizzical look like he couldn't believe Lovegood would wave to me. I rolled my eyes and walked over to where Theo and the twins were seated.

I was immediately sucked into their conversation. They were talking about Quidditch. It took up most of our time, and by the end, when everyone was returning to their dormitory, my mood had lifted quite considerably.

I realised it was late, so I returned to my dormitory. As I entered, I noticed the blanket neatly folded on the couch. I turned to see Potter was sleeping without it. I wasn't sure if he was cold, but he could have had it if he wanted to. Instead, he kept it here. So, I assumed Potter did it on purpose.

As expected, the blanket smelled just like Potter. But I didn't care, I was able to ignore the smell. I was happy I didn't have to spend another night in this cold. I smiled slightly, finally getting the nice sleep I needed.

// Well, and interesting chapter by far-

I hope you guys enjoyed :D 

 I'm gonna do some ✨spoiling✨

*cough cough* Y'all, look out for chapter 23 ;)

You'll see why ✌️✌️

AND DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT! I appreciate every single one of your comments and love reading them, it really warms my heart :D

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

1.6K 122 69
You are a hard-working Hufflepuff in your 4th year. You are nice to everyone and absolutely LOVE Herbology and Potions. You love to experiment with t...
78.3K 2.3K 79
"I used to think you were just a bully. But I'm coming to realize you're merely misunderstood." (ch. 27) Ever since he introduced himself by demandin...
94.9K 2.1K 48
❝Loving your enemy is not easy. Some accept it, while some are hellbent on destroying.❞ Students returned back to Hogwarts to complete their final ye...
2.3K 67 31
The world is a web of decisions. What we decide today changes our tomorrow. Each one of us is interconnected in this web. After the decisions of the...