Young Justice: The Lightning...

By young-warrior120

(Season 1) ✅After Black Canary and Green Arrow discover a boy with no memory of his life, Canary takes the bo... More

OC BIO
Prologue
Independence Day
Fireworks
Welcome To Happy Harbor
Drop Zone
Schooled
Infiltrator
Denial
Downtime
New BIO
Bereft
Showdown With A God
Homefront
Revelation
Family Matters
Failsafe
Confession
Movie Night
Secrets
Misplaced
The Last Prophecy
Coldhearted
Insecuritiy
Usual Suspects
Auld Acquaintance
Announcement (im really getting tired of this)
Season 2 BIO
Happy New Year
Reunion
Alienated
Depth
Desertion
Vote (not a chapter)
Stage Three
Before The Dawn
The Truth
Story Of Ragnorak
Death Of A God
The Summit
Endgame
Season 3 BIO
A Luxury
The New Lightning Rod
The New Prophecy
The Future
A Fate Far Worse Than Death
It's In The Past
Tartarus
The Tragedy Of Patrick Lance
Earth 68
The Day
A Few Minutes Left
He's Back
Season 4 bio
Starting Over
The Party
The Wedding Of The Century
The Titan War
Mother And Son
True Lesson
Epilouge
Final author message

Two Years Later

306 10 0
By young-warrior120

Two Years Later

CENTRAL CITY

JANUARY 11th

Wally: (on comms) you almost done? you're going to miss your meeting with Dinah before they go into space.

Donna: Did she give me a location?

Wally: yup.

Donna zapped the last thug with lightning. She snapped her fingers and was gone.

Unknown to her, a figure in glowing silver armor was watching her, waiting. For he had waited two years for this moment.

STAR CITY LOCAL BAR

Donna: so how has the program gone?

Dinah: great. Just a little bit annoying when the kids get out of hand. There's one that looks just like Patrick when we first found him.

Donna: What's his name?

Dinah: Mike. But we're not here to catch up. We're here to remember someone (she raised her bottle) to Patrick Lance. Two years since he died. And now his sister is doing a amazing job with his bolt.

Donna: well, it's all because of you. I don't know what would have happened if you didn't take Patrick in. Or me.

Dinah: well, he still would have been a hero.

Donna: you made him a better one.

Dinah: he made us better heroes too. (She put her tab out and got up) well we should head back to the Watchtower.

Donna: one more thing.

Dinah: Yes?

Donna: do you think I'm doing enough with my powers? With Patrick's mantle?

Dinah took a deep breath.

Dinah: are you inspiring people? Are you watching over the world like a... guardian angel? Are you attracting hope, like a lightning rod?

Donna smiled and nodded.

Dinah: Patrick chose you to continue his legacy. You are the Lightning Rod now. Don't ever forget that.

WATCHTOWER

Batman: as you all know the Justice League is gonna be off world for about a year or two.

Wonder Woman: we trust you all to guard the planet while we are gone.

Superman: you are the Justice League now. Any questions?

Donna: who is going to lead us?

Wonder Woman smiled

Wonder Woman: Lightning Rod and Aqualad will lead you while we are gone.

Donna was shell shock while Wonder Woman looked at her proudly.

The League went through the tube into the hanger. Aqualad and Lightning Rod turned to the team.

Aqualad: Are you ready?

Lightning Rod: let's begin!

1 HOUR LATER

Nightwing: I may have a mission for us. For the past year I've been investigating a new cult. They call themselves the cult of the new.

Kid Flash: well, that'll be fun to keep saying.

Kaldur: it is our understanding that this cult may be working with the Titans.

Nightwing: that was our first theory.

Robin: until we found the body's of every single Titan in on of their grounds. When we captured one of them, they claimed they worship someone they intend to summon. With something call the Hesperides Apple.

The Zeta Tube activated.

Recognized Artemis B-0-7

Lightning Rod turned around to see Artemis in a brown and golden suit. She nodded.

Artemis: it's Huntress. B-0-7. Update.

Artemis turned to the team.

Artemis: well? What did I miss?

Red Hood emerged from the team and gave Artemis a hug.

Red Hood: sorry I wasn't there.

10 MINUTES LATER

Lightning Rod: Kaldur, you take Wonder Girl, Robin, Red Hood and Nightwing. I'll take Kid Flash, Impulse, Superboy and Huntress.

Aqualad: understood. The rest of you will be backup. Understood?

BLUDHAVEN

Aqualad: Beta to Alpha, are you in position?

Lightning Rod: ready when you are.

Red Hood took out his two guns, shocking Wonder Girl.

Wonder Girl: why does he have guns?

Red Hood: relax blonde. They're non lethal.

Robin: (he grabbed her hand) we can trust him.

Wonder Girl: fine.

Lightning Rod: move in!

Aqualad's team entered through the roof. Red Hood instantly started shooting the cultist. Robin smacked one with his bo-staff, he stood back to back with Nightwing while Wonder Girl used her lasso to throw four into a wall.

Lightning Rod blast one with thunder while Kid Flash and Impulse zoomed around knocking as many out as they could. Huntress fired her crossbow at one and hit him in the shoulder.

They were all down.

Huntress: that was too easy.

Red Hood: agreed.

Nightwing picked one off the ground and the lead cultist was kneeling. His voice was heavy and sounded more robotic than human.

Leader: that was a grave mistake.

Lightning Rod: it's over. Who are you and what do you want?

Cultist: I am called the Oracle. That dose not matter. You have no idea, what's about to begin.

Suddenly the team notice white flashes around the room. The team went on guard as one knock Red Hood and Robin into a wall. Nightwing ran to their side.

Wonder Girl heard the Oracle talking in her head.

Voice: Cassandra. Cassandra Sandsmark. (Cassie looked down and saw a golden apple) take your power.

Robin saw her leaning towards the apple.

Robin: Wonder Girl, Don't!

Donna: Cassie!

But it was to late, once her hand came into contact with the apple, she froze as a giant layer of orange slime engulfed her. The team stared in shock but they didn't have long until a massive metal armored figure grabbed Lightning Rod by the throat and slammed her in the wall. His armor was glowing silver and resembled a snake.

Lightning Rod: (panics) what are you!?

Figure: Atlas, the destroyer of this world

Donna struggled to get off of his grip while the team stood paralyzed by fear. All except Red Hood who was reloading.

Atlas: you may serve the world Donna, but I rule it! You are only a Amazon, while I am a god. Your god! I. Am. Atlas!

Red Hood drew a pistol and shoot him to zero effect. Atlas chuckled.

Atlas: let's go for a run...

Atlas zoomed away with Donna in tow. The two were surrounded by blueish energy until they ended up in Greece. Atlas slammed her into the ground and punched her face in. He grabbed her again and ran to Star city in under a millisecond. He threw her across the field and let her roll. He grabbed her again and this time they were back in his base.

Atlas: still alive? You are merely a shadow beneath my throne. You are the past. Where as I'm and the future, Lightning Rod.

Superbly punched him back and he roared and ran away.

Kid Flash: you ok babe?

Donna: I'm fine Wally.

Red Hood: we better get Cassie out of here.

THE WATCHTOWER

Donna: so this, Atlas. Your saying he has the powers of the entire League?

Nightwing: no. The scans show he only has Canary's scream, Flashes Speed, and Manhunter's phasing abilities.

Red Hood: Where's Tim?

Donna: with Cassie.

Red Hood: I'll go check on him.

Red Hood ran off.

Aqualad: this cult leader and Atlas have the same voice. I believe he can possibly possess other people into he's body.

Nightwing: that makes sense but the host would have to be willing.

Donna: we do have a way to pull whoever it is out.

Tim: I'll do it.

The three spun to see Tim having his arms crossed.

Tim: Cassie will be ok. But I need to do this.

Nightwing: fine. But we need to get everything. Senior members will meet back here tomorrow.

MEANWHILE

Artemis: new big bad showed up today. You would've love to fight him.

She stared at the memorial.

Artemis: you'd be so proud of everything Donnas been doing over the years. She's done a lot of good.

She started to tear up.

Artemis: I'm trying to move on but I can't. Just can't believe it's been two damn years. You and I were supposed to exchange vows. But I promise. I'll make it right by you.

She took a deep breath.

Artemis: see you tomorrow, thunder brain.

And that's a wrap.

What will be the fate of Wonder Girl. And more importantly what does Atlas have planned for her?

That's all for now and until next time. PEACE!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 104 18
Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Speedy (later revealed to be a clone of the original Roy Harper) Zatanna, Miss Martian and Artemis investigate a fire at C...
25K 694 15
The Young Justice team is give a mission by Batman to go on an undercover mission at Gotham Academy. Their mission is simple. They have to figure out...
8.7K 347 25
Young Justice Fanfic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rewritten ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Noire is a superhero tha...
619 5 14
My friend dared my to try and write a young justice one-shot (maybe two-shot) sadder than Le Mis. I completely failed but oh well. I do not own You...