Young Justice: The Lightning...

By young-warrior120

(Season 1) ✅After Black Canary and Green Arrow discover a boy with no memory of his life, Canary takes the bo... More

OC BIO
Prologue
Independence Day
Fireworks
Welcome To Happy Harbor
Drop Zone
Schooled
Infiltrator
Denial
Downtime
New BIO
Bereft
Showdown With A God
Homefront
Revelation
Family Matters
Failsafe
Confession
Movie Night
Secrets
Misplaced
The Last Prophecy
Coldhearted
Insecuritiy
Usual Suspects
Auld Acquaintance
Announcement (im really getting tired of this)
Season 2 BIO
Happy New Year
Reunion
Alienated
Depth
Desertion
Vote (not a chapter)
Stage Three
Before The Dawn
The Truth
Story Of Ragnorak
Death Of A God
The Summit
Endgame
Season 3 BIO
A Luxury
Two Years Later
The New Prophecy
The Future
A Fate Far Worse Than Death
It's In The Past
Tartarus
The Tragedy Of Patrick Lance
Earth 68
The Day
A Few Minutes Left
He's Back
Season 4 bio
Starting Over
The Party
The Wedding Of The Century
The Titan War
Mother And Son
True Lesson
Epilouge
Final author message

The New Lightning Rod

294 12 2
By young-warrior120

The New Lightning Rod

Athens

June 12th

Patrick: Wally.

Wally woke up with a jump. He spun around. He was in the pantheon.

Wally: Hello?

Patrick: turn around you idiot.

Wally turned around to see Patrick standing there with his leather jacket. His hands in his pockets.

Wally: Patrick?

Patrick said nothing as Wally hugged him.

Wally: oh, Artemis is going to be so happy.

Patrick: You failed.

Wally let him go and stared at him confused.

Wally: what?

Patrick: you failed me. You let me die. And now you let Donna take my mantle. That mantle will only get her killed.

Wally: (miserable) No.

Patrick: You failed to save me. You were too slow. As always.

Wally: NO!

Wally punched him in the chest only for the fist to go right through him.

Patrick: Yes. My blood is on your hands, West.

Patrick grabbed Wally's arm

Patrick: You are a weakling. A failure. You. Are. no. Hero!

CENTRAL CITY

Wally: NOOOO!

Donna: Wally!

Wally: No no no no.

Donna: Wally, focus on my voice!

Wally listened as Donna spoke, calming him down. He stared at the woman he loved with tears threatening to fall.

Donna: (she put a hand on his cheek and wiped a tear with her thumb) what was it? Voices again?

Wally: yes, but this was different.

Donna: (softly) how so?

Wally: it, it was Patrick himself say things like, "you failed me" or "you were too slow as always" (he took a deep breath) what if he's right? What if I could've stopped him. Maybe I could've took his-

Donna: Don't say that! If I had lost you, then I would've been destroyed! Patrick would want you to keep living. He sacrificed himself so we could keep living. Don't you dare imply it was for nothing.

Wally: o-ok

Donna: Did he say anything else?

Wally: (he thought for a minute) no. Nothing. Nothing else.

STAR CITY

Donna was in her Lightning Rod outfit overlooking the city. She heard gunshots below. She jumped down into the warehouse where she spotted Black Canary and Green Arrow fighting armed thugs. But Donna noticed something wrong. They had faces full of rage. Black Canary started beating a thug to the point where Donna couldn't recognize him. Arrow knocked another on the jaw, dislocating it.

Donna: my god...

All the thugs remained unconscious, blood on the ground. One groaned just for Dinah to kick his face again knocking him out.

Donna: Dinah?

Dinah spun around to face her.

Dinah: what are you doing in Star City, Donna?

Donna: I need your help.

Oliver: with what? We're busy.

Donna: busy letting your grief consume you?

Oliver: back off.

Donna: please. I need you two to train me.

Dinah: the last person we trained is dead, Donna. We aren't making that mistake again.

Donna: You two aren't the only ones who lost him! I lost my brother and I have been trying to live up to his mantle and I can't do it! I need your help.

Dinah looked at the girl and sighed.

Dinah: you sound just like your brother. We'll train you to be like him.

Donna: (she grabbed the two in a crushing hug) thank you!

Donna disappeared in a flash on yellow.

Oliver: just like her brother.

Dinah: we should visit Artemis first.

BLUDHAVEN

Nightwing stood on the roof hugging his knees trying his hardest not to punch something. He heard someone land behind him. He spun around to see and man in a black, white and red leather jacket and a red mask.

Nightwing: Red Hood.

The figure pressed a button on his helmet.

Red Hood: I'm not here to fight.

The helmet dropped off his face. Nightwing stared in shock.

Nightwing: Jason?

ARTEMIS'S HOME

Artemis was laying on the couch with a cup of coffee on the side when the doorbell rang. She reluctantly got up and opened it.

Artemis: what do you want Hades?

Hades: to comfort my niece in law.

Artemis: I don't need comfort. Is he actually gone.

Hades: Im yet to find him. But he is among millions of souls. And with the the death of Thanatos I am unable to find him easily. Im sorry my dear.

Artemis: it's fine. I'll deal with it.

Hades: very well.

ITALY

Demeter was running through the jungle trying to avoid was was chasing her was he suddenly appeared in front of her.

Demeter: Please! Let me go!

Voice: I need you power. And I cant let you live.

A blade spears out of his armor and he stabbed her through the heart.

Voice: your next, Donna Troy, Cassandra Sandsmark, Wally West. Your all mine. Two years will pass quicker than you think

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.8K 1.9K 21
Young Justice Fanfic Amber, a girl with the ability to control fire. She loved the group she was apart of, feeling like the villains were her family...
95.4K 4.1K 57
Now calling herself "Jade," a girl must delve into the risky business of cat burglary in attempts to keep her sister safe from a dangerous past. As t...
587K 22.2K 51
When Batman gives Robin (Dick Grayson) the Okay to tell the team his identity, he decides to let them try and guess it which results in a lot of trol...
25.1K 694 15
The Young Justice team is give a mission by Batman to go on an undercover mission at Gotham Academy. Their mission is simple. They have to figure out...