The Villain's Best Friend

By Helianthus_Spes

"Just because you have magic, you can do anything you want. That's not magnanimity, that's being abusive. Not... More

🔸♦️Character's Best Lines♦️🔸
∆ Special Thanks ∆
Chapter 1: Iris Death
Chapter 2: New Face, New World
Chapter 3: The Tower Master
Chapter 4: Vladimir's Wrath
Chapter 5: The Marquess Family
Story Vocabulary
Chapter 6: What are you doing here, Villain?
Chapter 7: The Tea Party
Chapter 8: The Berkin Village
Chapter 9: A New Character?
Chapter 10: The Invitation
Chapter 11: The Palace
Chapter 12: The Meeting Room
Chapter 13: Caster's Letter
Chapter 15: Damien von Caster
Chapter 16: The White Witch
Chapter 17: Darkening
Chapter 18: Heal Her
Chapter 19: Estelle's Power
Chapter 20: The Meeting With The King
Chapter 21: The Attack
Chapter 22: I Know You!
Chapter 23: It's him! the "Macabre"
Chapter 24: Meet You Again
Chapter 25: The Cave
Chapter 26: Estelle's Second Awakening
Chapter 27: The Queen's Past
Chapter 28: The Crown Prince's Arrival

Chapter 14: The House of Caster

153 6 0
By Helianthus_Spes

It's 2:30 PM, and I'm feeling anxious inside the carriage. I looked at Ollie and asked her about something.

"Ollie, do I look fine?"

"You look gorgeous, my lady."

"I look overdressed over a casual tea time."

"Of course not, my lady. You look perfectly fine."

I smile a bit awkwardly, trying to hide my anxious expression.

"Oh look! It's the Caster's mansion! We're near my lady."

What!? Oh my God!

I saw a huge mansion decorated in Gothic style and white marble. Seriously, they called this a mansion? It looks like a palace! I was in awe while looking outside the window of the carriage; I've never seen such a majestic mansion.

<At the House Caster>

The carriage stopped, and the escort knight opened the door for us. He offered his right hand to assist me out of the carriage. I held his hand, and I felt the fresh and cold breeze of the wind that passed by us.

As I looked forward, I saw a butler and 10 maids outside, who were waiting for us and greeted us with enthusiasm.

"Welcome, my lady! The mansion awaits your arrival." The butler said he was showing me the warmest welcome. He gave me a bouquet and a bow.

Oh, flowers are sweet! Hm? the smell again, sunflower and roses.

Then I heard a masculine voice, and there I saw Damien wearing his black suit and an unparalleled beauty. His smile softens my heart, and the way he approaches me while kissing my right palm gives me butterflies. Why am I even acting like a shy rabbit?

"You look stunning, my lady Mullens."

"Sir Caster, please stop the flattery; I don't deserve such a compliment. Thus, I thank you for the invitation." I said, while stealing glances at him still holding my hand.

"And for the flowers, thank you, Sir Butler."

"Oh dear, my lady, I'm simply complying with the master's order." he replied,

"Is that so, Well, um, thank you for this." I diverted my gaze. I felt my cheeks burning.

"My pleasure. I've been waiting for this moment. To bring you into my humble home. Please, this way, my lady."

"Okay, lead the way, sir."

Sir Damien showed me the massive mansion. It's my first time seeing new styles and designs different from the culture here in Chrolexia; they were so antique, unique, and masculine. I had fun walking around the inside of the mansion, sharing trivia and small talk. I enjoyed it. It was like he was preparing me for something. Like his soon-to-be fiancee? NO!

*blush*

What am I thinking? It's so stupid to think that he likes me.

"Where is this path leading to?"

"To my greenhouse"

"You have a greenhouse?" "Can we visit there?"

"Of course. In fact, it's the location of our tea time. You will love it, I think." *shy smile*

*Thump!

D*mn don't show me that shy face of yours! His face is shining; it's blinding me!

When we entered the greenhouse, it was beautiful and magical. Then again, it smells like sunflowers and roses, but I don't see roses.

*Chills! What's that chilly feeling?

Oh!

"Sunflowers." I muttered after seeing a sunflower.

"I prepared them for you. I heard you like sunflowers. Do you like it?"

"Thank you; how thoughtful of you."

He offered me the seat, and like a gentleman, he assisted me to sit. The maid prepared the tea and snack for us.

"I'm glad you came, Estelle."

My heart is beating so fast. Why are you looking at me with lovely eyes? The atmosphere became warm and sweet. This is dangerous for my heart. I need to do something to ease the energy.

"No problem; it's an honor to be here." Then I added, "I enjoyed your trivia and history lesson earlier."

*soft laughs*

"Apologies, that was silly of me to educate you; we're supposed to have tea."

"Oh dear, it's fine; I learned a lot."

"Haha, you're surprisingly entertaining, my lady."

"Humor is kind of my thing."

*soft laugh* d*mn his laugh is sexy.

"That's odd; your smell is different today. You smell like lilac; did you change your perfume?"

F*ck I said it without thinking, I sound like a pervert!

"I did, but it's just temporary."

"I like it. It suits you."

"Suits me?" He asked, wearing his teasing smile, then added, "You don't like the first?"

"I mean, I don't have any problem with the first; it smells good, but it's just weird. What matters is that this one suits you better."

"You remind me of my mother. She also loves this smell. I think I should use it often."

"You don't have to; you choose one for yourself. It's just my comment, but it's your choice. You don't need to use it just because it pleases me."

"Why not?" He sips his tea while looking in my direction—like seducing me, to be exact.

"If you like it, I will use it for you." He added.

"You don't have to please people so that they will love you. Just be real; I love honest people."

"You always surprise me. You are indeed a beautiful person, Lady Estelle. The rumors about you are wrong."

"Oh, the rumors! *small laugh* Those are just false accusations."

"I understand, then, if I may ask. The tower master, and yourself are quite close, am I right?"

He was staring at me deeply, like he knew something and was just reading me as a person.

*Chills!

Sh*t this chilly feelings again.

"True, however, Vladimir is not the person that most people gossip about. He was a good friend of mine."

"Did I hear it right? You use the word "was"?"

"Yes, he was my friend; we had some issues before, and now we decided to end it to avoid more painful memories."

"I see."

"Yeah, it sucks, right?"

"I don't quite comprehend your terms; however, I understand your frustrations based on your tone."

"Hm, you're quite observant."

Smart.

Hm, I still wonder why Vladimir ended our friendship. There is always a reason for everything. I know Vladimir doesn't take things out of context. Should I ask him?

Vladimir never had other friends, unlike me. I remember that he always visits and kidnaps me, and my father doesn't even care. He loves bringing me to his ominous tower; it's like a dungeon. How can he end our friendship just like that if there's no valid reason? Can I survive and change my future if we separate? I don't think so, What if I show him another...

"What are you thinking? You've been quiet for a minute."

"I was just thinking about him. You know, in my opinion, everyone wants to feel significant because it helps us realize our worth, purpose, and value. Without it, we start to doubt our existence and become anxious when we don't belong in a group or community. People make poor decisions when they feel lost and alone."

"I think Vladimir is someone who wants a person with whom he can feel appreciated and significant. I think I can help him change his perspective on life!" I added.

"What are you blathering about, my lady?"

"I got it!"I stood. "You got what? I'm confused." he replied,

"Excuse me, I need to do something very important!" I quickly excused myself from Damien and hurriedly walked towards the location of my carriage.

<Damien's POV>

He watched Estelle's figure slowly disappear.

"Butler Regan, what do you think of her actions?"

"Is she showing any symptoms?"

"I believe that the lady is still in a state of confusion. It is commendable how she managed to control her lust towards you." Regan replied,

"Lust? haha-HAHAHAHA" Damien laughed with contempt.

"Ranz, Rhenz. Secure the safety of the lady. Make sure she's home safe." The shadow minions of Damien quickly bowed to him and left the premises to follow Lady Estelle.

"Yes, master." *whoosh*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Angels!

Helianthus Spes here!

Thank you for reading 'The Villain's Best Friend'

Please VOTE, COMMENT, and FOLLOW me on Wattpad to show your support!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224K 6.3K 16
Lee Soohyun was known as a shameless flirt among her colleagues and friends. Although she was a virgin, she took herself to be the one who'd be eatin...
211K 3.6K 52
Lu Wanwan transmigrated inside a melodramatic and rich-businessman-type novel called The Rich Young Master's Gentle Love. In the original novel, the...
746K 30.9K 98
Song Jinxi really likes the overlord villain in a story about a sadomasochistic president. The villain is handsome and innocent, smarter than demon...
498K 28.1K 60
She had a very perfect life as she was a perfect girl. She had everything she could ask for, a brilliant mind, wealth, and many other things, hence d...