WE NEED EACH OTHER [DRARRY]

By seriouslymeh

This must be a mistake... I scanned the crowd until I found the silver eyes. They looked back, blank. *** Wha... More

Introduction
Aesthetics + Playlist
CHAPTER ONE : DRAMA
CHAPTER TWO : AGREEMENTS
CHAPTER THREE : RELATIONSHIPS
CHAPTER FOUR : THE ROYAL GALA
CHAPTER FIVE : THE ROYAL GALA (PART 2)
CHAPTER SIX : THE ROYAL GALA (PART 3)
CHAPTER SEVEN : TRAIN GOSSIPS
CHAPTER EIGHT : ENROLLMENT
CHAPTER NINE : BACK TO HOGWARTS
CHAPTER TEN : BACK TO HOGWARTS (PART 2)
✨ BONUS CHAPTER ✨
CHAPTER ELEVEN : MORNING MISHAPS
CHAPTER THIRTEEN : UPS AND DOWNS
CHAPTER FOURTEEN : NOT-SO-ENEMIES
CHAPTER FIFTEEN : EVENING AT HOGSMEADE
CHAPTER SIXTEEN : THE ACTUAL FIRST DAY
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN : MUTUAL FRIENDS
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN : FIGHT IN FLIGHT
CHAPTER NINETEEN : STANDING UP
CHAPTER TWENTY : LETTERS CREATE MATTERS
CHAPTER TWENTY : LETTERS CREATE MATTERS (PART 2)
✨BONUS CHAPTER TWO✨
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE : WARNINGS
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO : PLOTTING THE PLANS
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: SEEKERS ASSEMBLE
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR : SECRETS ARE OUT
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE : SCARED, POTTAH?
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX : MALFOY VS. POTTER
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN : HIDE AND SEEK
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT : ACHOO!
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE : DORMMATES?
CHAPTER THIRTY : LISTENER
✨BONUS CHAPTER THREE✨
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE : STUCK WITH WORK
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO : SNOGGING
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE : FROWNS AND SMILES
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR : SNEAKIN' IN AND OUT
CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE : BONDING
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX : APOLOGIES AND PRESENTS
CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN : THE INVITATION
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT : THE PARTY
CHAPTER THIRTY NINE : THE KISS

CHAPTER TWELVE : SWITCH PLEASE

233 63 52
By seriouslymeh

Draco's POV

As soon as Professor McGonagall finished her announcement, she took Potter and me out to a potions classroom, where we were faced with an excited Astoria.

"Draco!" she giggled, taking my hand.

I gave her a thin-lipped smile and freed my hand.

"I'm so excited to be taught by you!" she blushed.

Professor McGonagall cleared her throat and said, "You may begin now."

Once we all nodded, Astoria a bit eagerly, she cast a spell, and the ingredients, along with the necessary utensils, appeared. Then she walked to a corner, setting herself at a desk, and immediately started scribbling on a piece of parchment.

"So Astoria," Potter said, pulling out a book. "This potion is very simple. First, you need to add four sprigs of Lavender to the mortar."

Astoria picked the four sprigs of Lavender.

"Now, add two measures of Standard Ingredients to the mortar," Potter continued before Astoria even had a chance to add the Lavender to the mortar.

I rolled my eyes. Potter's brain functioned only in steps and calculations, but not the actual potions.

"Astoria," I said. "Pick out those sprigs." Potter looked up at me indignantly, but I didn't spare him a glance and watched Astoria instead.

Astoria blushed and finished separating four prigs from the rest.

"Now, add them to the mortar," I said, and she followed. "Remember, they are the first ingredient that should go in."

Astoria nodded. "Am I doing it correctly?" she whispered.

"Perfectly," I replied, purposefully brushing my hand against her arm in Potter's view. Astoria smiled, and Potter seemed to ripple with anger.

"Now, grab two measures of Standard ingredients," I said. "Add it in there too. Now, can you tell me what is the standard ingredient?"

"It's uh..." Astoria spoke, but Potter interrupted.

"Malfoy, I was reading the instructions to her-" he said, his face contorted with irritation.

"Yeah, well, that wasn't helping," I scowled. "Look, now, Astoria is doing it perfectly."

"She was doing perfectly fine!" he said, glasses flashing.

"No, she wasn't," I denied. "Maybe if you had time to look up from that bloody book of yours, you might have seen."

"You have the obsessive need to interrupt others and take credit for something you don't even deserve, don't you?" Potter complained.

"What did you say?" I glared at him.

"You heard me." He smirked.

"Take that back, Potter," I growled.

"Or what?" Potter walked towards me, turning his chin up defiantly. I raised my hand, wanting to knock his glasses off, but before I could move, I was stopped by a body-freezing charm.

"Mr Malfoy! Violence is not allowed in this school under any circumstances." McGonagall didn't sound pleased. "You cannot be eligible candidates if this unacceptable behaviour continues. And the same goes for you, Mr Potter. Raising your voice in front of students— is this how you plan to teach?"

"No, professor," Potter and I duly replied.

"I suggest you two figure out strategies to work together. Otherwise, I will have to take action." Her lips twitched as if she found this amusing, looking at us awkwardly.

"Yes, Professor," we both replied, and I rolled my eyes once McGonagall turned away.

We continued teaching, well... mostly I continued teaching. Potter just watched us mulishly. By the end of the lesson, Astoria had successfully brewed the sleeping drought without any of Potter's help.

I was as smug as ever. See? I don't need Potter.

"Astoria, you may leave now. I need to talk to the candidates while they pack up," McGonagall said, and Astoria nodded, leaving.

While I packed, I noticed that Potter whispered something to the Headmistress before leaving.

But I didn't wait there to eavesdrop. Potter is the least of my concerns. I was just nervous that I had made a bad impression on Astoria. If I didn't, Father wouldn't be too pleased about it.

Harry's POV

I stayed after the practice session was over. All the candidates, including Malfoy and the student volunteers, left. It was only Headmistress McGonagall and me. I had requested to have a word with her after the class.

"Yes, Potter," she said, turning to me. "What is it that you want to talk about?"

"Professor," I said, "Can I have someone else as my partner?"

She sighed. "You know, Potter, the decision of the sorting hat is final..."

"I know, I know," I said. "I was hoping if there was any way to change that."

"I'm sorry, dear," she said. "But you aren't trying to cooperate with Malfoy, either."

"I can't! It's Malfoy! It's impossible to cooperate with him. Every time I look at him, I just get so annoyed and-" I couldn't find any more words to describe my hate. "Could you please do something about it? Please, let me switch partners. Neville and Nott are partners, maybe Neville can be my partner, and Malfoy can go with Nott?" I looked at her with eager eyes.

"I'm afraid, Potter, there's nothing that can be done." She pursed her lips.

"But, professor," I said, "That's Malfoy. You know who he is. He's a... death eater. After what he has done, he shouldn't even be here at Hogwarts!"

"Potter!" Professor McGonagall raised her voice, pushing back her glasses. "I am headmistress of this school, and I don't judge my students based on their background." Her voice went soft. "I'll see what I can do."

"I was hoping we could switch-"

"It's only been a day, Mr Potter. Give the poor boy a chance," she said.

"I hardly think Malfoy is a poor boy-" I murmured, scowling.

"Regardless, your timetables match the most, and the sorting hat's decision is final, just like when you were sorted into your house. It is what you are stuck with. There is nothing I can do," she finished with a final tone.

"But-" I started, but then Professor McGonagall interjected.

"You do realise the sorting hat looks at your personality, how well you two should be able to work together, then looks at the subjects and timetable, so clearly, you two are the best match," she said like it was a good thing.

"Okay," I replied dejectedly. I was a bit pissed. Malfoy and I could never work together. He was an arrogant prat — our personalities didn't even match!

What bullshit is this? How can the sorting hat even think we can work together well?!

I strolled away, lowering my head in disappointment. When I was about to walk out of the class, I heard Professor McGonagall say, "If things become absolutely unbearable, I'll see what I can do. But for now, you two need to learn to adapt to one another."

I politely smiled as she gave me a curt nod. I wandered into the hallway. The practice went terribly. I needed to get some fresh air. So, I went into the courtyard.

"Sick of me already?" It was deep and filled with mockery. I froze, staying silent. Slowly, turning behind, I saw Malfoy sitting on a tree, scowling at me. There was no one else in the courtyard, which proved he was talking to me.

"Cat got your tongue, Potter?" Irritation laced Malfoy's voice.

I rolled my eyes and turned away without responding.

"Your mouth seems to shut off around me. Can't even answer a damn question, and then you can talk perfectly fine around your Professors." His voice was mocking, as if the situation humoured him.

"It's none of your business Malfoy," I bit out, turning back.

"Oh, it did sound like some of my business," he replied.

"Wasn't there something better for you to do than eavesdrop?" I scowled.

"I didn't eavesdrop." Malfoy narrowed his eyes. "News around here gets by. A little here and there." There was a sharp edge to his voice.

"So?" I took a few steps toward him. "You didn't like what you heard?" He was clearly visible from here. His face was set in a calm facade, but his eyes glinted with hidden anger.

Jumping from the tree, he spat, "Well, Potter, I don't want to live with you either."

"Then, why don't you do something about it rather than just standing here and mocking me?" I replied, anger coursing through my veins.

He didn't reply, just scoffed and walked away as if he didn't care.

I watched him go, my anger bubbling away and slowly replaced with exhaustion. The morning hadn't even passed, and he was already sick of Malfoy. Huffing, I continued with my walk.

"Harry!" a feminine voice called me, and I immediately recognised it to be Astoria's.

"Hey," I said, adjusting my features to suit a smile.

"I wanted to apologise on behalf of Draco. I'm sorry for how he keeps acting," she sincerely said, "He can really be difficult sometimes."

"You don't have to apologise," I said, "Malfoy has always been difficult. He-"

I stopped abruptly, realising that she was literally going to marry him. But Astoria tinkled out a laugh, shooting me an amused smile.

"Thank you for understanding. I hope we can be friends, Harry," she said.

"Yeah, sure," I replied, politely smiling, and then I laughed. "Maybe you can give me tips on how to deal with Malfoy."

Astoria laughed again. "I agree. He really was disrespectful today." Her eyes twinkled. "I'm sure you two will work out fine, and I'll do my best to help you two become best friends!"

I smiled, not believing her.

"Yeah, I'm going to head back to my dormitory now," I tell her, turning around.

Just as I turned around, I bumped into Professor McGonagall

"Mr Potter," Professor McGonagall said pursing her lips.

"Yes, Professor?" I asked, taking a step back

"I was just here to inform you that Mr Malfoy has also requested a change of partners as well. Since both of you have asked for a switch, I will consider your request now."

//////Well- I haven't updated in ages! I'm sorry for the wait 😅

But here you go! A new chapter ready for reading! 

I hope you enjoyed :)

Please don't forget to vote, comment and share this book if you like it!! 

Thank you everyone for reading this book and I hope you all are getting a laugh out of it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 2.4K 47
Draco Malfoy enemies to lovers story. Y/n and Draco are told that they have an arranged marriage, yet they are enemies. Will they be able to become...
78.4K 2.3K 79
"I used to think you were just a bully. But I'm coming to realize you're merely misunderstood." (ch. 27) Ever since he introduced himself by demandin...
2.3M 61.1K 59
"Anyone you excited to finally meet?" she asked. "Harry Potter obviously! Then again, my dad does talk about this other boy a lot and from what I've...
3.9K 125 19
The fifth part of un unforgettable story. A Wizarding World Story When Lucy Parcivall began her first year at Hogwarts she never would have imagined...