Second Chance Mates: Nova & B...

By LunaBecky22

Second Chance Mates: Nova & Braxton's Story Being a werewolf is supposed to be exciting. The excitement o... More

~CHAPTER 1~
~CHAPTER 2~
~CHAPTER 3~
~CHAPTER 4~
~CHAPTER 5~
~CHAPTER 6~
~CHAPTER 7~
~CHAPTER 8~
~CHAPTER 9~
~CHAPTER 10~
~CHAPTER 11~
~CHAPTER 12~
~CHAPTER 13~
~CHAPTER 14~
~CHAPTER 15
~CHAPTER 16~
~CHAPTER 17~
~CHAPTER 18~
~CHAPTER 19~
~CHAPTER 20~
~CHAPTER 21~
~CHAPTER 22~
~CHAPTER 23~
~CHAPTER 24~
~CHAPTER 25~
~CHAPTER 27~
~Untitled Part 28~
~CHAPTER 29~
~CHAPTER 30~
~CHAPTER 31~
~CHAPTER 32~

~CHAPTER 26~

167 9 0
By LunaBecky22

NOVA- *FLASHBACK*

Nova was still in the cabin, trying to take in easy and relax. She hasn't been feeling too well. Nova, I know what's wrong; you are having a pup. Zoe, you're crazy. Brax and I only mated once, so I can't be pregnant. This has been going on for about two weeks now, and she made an appointment with the pack doctor. After leaving the pack doctor, she has an ultrasound picture and blood and urine test results that show that she is indeed pregnant. Zoe, you're right. How do I tell Braxton? Just come out and tell him Nova. He will be happy about it; I am sure of it. So, Nova heads over to Braxton's office at the pack house because he is working from there today. She went into Braxton and saw him sitting at his desk with his eyes closed. He opened them when he heard the door open.

"Hey sweetie, what brings you into the office today?" He asked, and he could tell that something was bothering her. She took a deep breath.

"I need to tell you something. It's important. So, please listen to me." I said.

"I always listen to you, babe. What's going on your worrying me. Are you sick? Is something wrong? What's going on, babe?" He asked. She handed him a box.

"Open it please, Braxton. Remember that I love you and I am sorry if this is not what you want." I said, and I walked out of his office.

He looked at the box. He was confused. Like, what the hell just happened? He opened the box and saw the top paper with both urine and blood test results for pregnancy, and they were positive. Then there was an ultrasound picture of their baby. Nova was pregnant; 12 weeks pregnant. She had been training all this time and didn't know she was pregnant. He ran out of his office after her. He followed her scent and found her at the lake.

"Nova Sky Daniels, you're pregnant? Please tell me it's true and make me the happiest man in the world. Because with your training, it could be dangerous." Braxton said.

"As of right now, yes, but my blood pressure is really high and with all my stomach cramps. They can't guarantee that the baby will make it. I am so sorry, Braxton. I am a horrible mate and future mother." I said.

"No, you are not my love. I love you," Braxton said.

Two weeks, she enjoyed her pregnancy before Braxton woke up to his mate sweating and with a high fever. So, he rushed her to the pack hospital. Not knowing what was wrong with her.

"Nova, what seems to be the problem today?" Dr. Elijah asked.

"I don't know, but I feel like I am on fire, but I am freezing." I said.

"Ok, let run some test." Dr. Elijah said.

"Ok, but I think I know what's going on. I'm losing the babies." I said.

"Well, look and see what we find out from the test." He said. She nodded and got to work on the tests. He had blood work, urine test done, and an ultrasound done. During the ultrasound, he didn't hear the heartbeats or see the babies. But that's when he saw the blood on the bed. Nova had miscarried the babies. Her blood and urine test showed that, too.

"Nova, I am afraid you were right. You not only lost one, but both of your babies. I am so sorry. Would you like me to tell Braxton?" He said. I cried.

"Yes!" I said, as if that was all I could say at that very moment. Dr. Elijah walked out of the room and to the waiting room where Braxton was sitting.

"Braxton, the pups are gone. She was in full miscarriage when she arrived. I am so sorry." Dr. Elijah said.

"Thank you, Dr. Elijah. Can I see her?" Braxton asked.

"Of course you can. She is in room 4." Dr. Elijah said.

I walked down the hall fighting back my emotions, because I wanted to break down and cry. My mate just lost our babies. I can only be here for her. I don't know what to do. I stood outside of room 4 and I walked into her room.

"Hi princess." Braxton said. She was lying in bed, crying.

"Braxton, just reject me and get it over with. You deserve better. I can't even carry our children. I killed them. I went to training for the first 12-weeks. So, it is my fault." I said and cried even harder.

"I, Braxton Lee Waylon, will never reject you. I love you so damn much. Neither one of us knew you were pregnant, babe. I know you're going to hit me for this, but Ari thinks it might help." Braxton said.

"I love you so much and thank you for not rejecting me. And saying what?" I asked.

"Maybe now isn't the right time for us to have a pup." Braxton said. She just looked at him. "We can try again after we get married, love."

"Yeah, maybe you right now weren't the time to say that. But you're probably right." Nova has been home from the hospital for almost a week. Now she is home in the cabin with me. But now and has refused to leave the bedroom, eat, shower or just simply get out of bed.

"Come on, babe, you need to eat." Braxton told her.

"Leave me alone Braxton, it's my fault that our babies are dead. How can you stand to be anywhere near me?" I said.

"Dammit, Nova Sky, that is enough. I didn't even know; I didn't notice your scent change. It is as much my fault. Now I love you and one day I am going to marry you and we will have pups. I just know it." He said.

"I am sorry Brax." I said. He hugged me after I cried. He looked at me with love.

"I know, princess. Now get a shower and come downstairs, please?" Braxton asked.

"Ok" I said. A nice hot shower is what I got into. I washed my body, shaved my legs, etc. and washed my hair. I brushed my hair and teeth. I got dressed and went downstairs.

"Braxton, where are you?" I said. I walked into the living room, and I see my mate Braxton sitting with a woman with her back towards me. She looked familiar. But Zoe still isn't fully healed yet. So, she doesn't sense something.

"Hey babe, how was your shower?" Braxton asked me and the lady turned around and it was Everleigh, my mother.

"It was great, thank you. Mom? What are you doing here?" I asked her. I was looking at both of them, shocked.

"Nova, your mom has been here for the last two days." Braxton said.

"WHAT??" I said.

"Hi baby girl, I've missed you. Therefore, Braxton has been trying to get you out of that bed, dear." Everleigh said.

"Oh mom, I am so sorry. I just needed time to process everything, and Zoe still isn't talking to me." I said.

"She will. I lost your brother Jacob at 4 months. He was older than you." Everleigh said.

"Wow mom, I never knew that." I said.

"Few people do. It's not something that your father and I got around to telling people, but you needed to know. It might help you heal. Knowing that there with be another pup soon. I know it. I can feel it, sweetie." Everleigh said.

"Thank you, mom. It helped. But my mate talking to me earlier helped a lot too. As well as him giving me the space that I needed and the push and shoved that I needed to. But I am doing a lot better now." I said.

"Are you sure, babe?" Braxton asked.

"Yes, you aren't giving up on me and my mom's here. I love you Braxton Lee. Wait, why are you here?" I asked.

"He called me, told me what happened, and I told your father I was going to see my sister and I got your aunt and uncle to lie to me. Your father thinks the three of us are going on a retreat, anyway." Everleigh said.

"Devious, mother." I said.

"Well, I had to come and help you. You needed me." Everleigh said. She hugged me and I cried.

"I had to call her. You kept mumbling 'mom help me' in your sleep. I knew at that point in time it wasn't me who was going to be the one who could pull you through this. It would be your mother. So, I called Easton and told him what's going on and he got your mother and I explained everything to her. That's when she produced the retreat and contacted your aunt and uncle and then she came here. To help you, her daughter. Because she loves you, not because she has to. As I am here because I love you and always will be Nova." He said. Nova had tears in her eyes.

**END OF FLASHBACK**

NOVA- PRESENT TIME

I woke up from that dream again. I looked at my sleeping mate. I pray that one day everything will be ok. I have stopped dreaming of the kidnapping and everything with those two psycho girls. Now is about when I was pregnant and lost the babies. I never knew what they were. I never got to hold them, name them, or do any other thing with them. It breaks my heart. I got a shower and got dressed. I finally looked at the time and noticed it was 4 a.m. This was my usual time for getting up now days. Around 5:30 a.m. Braxton got up and got into the shower and came downstairs and was already dressed. I made breakfast, and we ate quietly.

"Morning Brax, how did you sleep?" I asked.

"Morning sweetie, I slept great while you were in bed. What woke you this time?" Braxton asked.

"The same dream again. It's not a new one, Brax. It's about when I was pregnant and lost the twins and my mom came. That was the last time I saw her before this visit." I said.

"Babe, this visit is special. You're planning our wedding and spending time with both our moms. I know the dream gets to you. But I have this feeling that you will have a pup one day." Braxton said. He slapped my butt and kissed me with such passion.

"I still remember what you told me that day when I finally came out of the bedroom. I won't ever forget that." I said. Braxton smiled.

"Good, because it is true, my love." Braxton said and kissed her again.

"Now you better get going to meet our mothers or I will make sure that there is a pup in you before the wedding happens." Braxton said. We both laughed.

"Yes, my Alpha. I love you." I said. Braxton growled.

"I love you to my Luna." Braxton said. I headed over to the pack house and neither one mother was down on the first floor. So, I went up to the alpha suite. They were both sitting on the island in the kitchen, drinking coffee. I walked over to the island and sat down.

"Hello Mom, how are you both this morning?" I said. They both looked at me.

"Good morning," they both said.

"Nova, are you still not sleeping?" Athena asked. I shook my head no.

"Why not? What's going on?" Everleigh asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

"The dream is about when I lost the babies, and you came. Keep me awake at night. I have even talked to Dr. Elijah about it. He said it's normal, and it's a form of PTSD." I said.

"That makes sense. It takes time. So, what are we doing today, Nova?" Everleigh asked.

"Well, we have to meet Nora and Sylvie at Nora's and Leon's Diner. I haven't decided who I want to be my maid of honor. I like them both." I said.

"You can ask Nora to be your director of nursing of -honor since she is married and Sylvie to be your maid of honor." Athena suggested.

"That's a brilliant suggestion." Everleigh said.

"I couldn't agree more. Thank you. Come on ladies, we are going to be late meeting girls at Finley's Family Diner." I said. They all headed outside and got into Braxton's truck, and they drove to the diner.

"Nova, you are here early. I haven't got your orders in yet." Nora said. Everleigh looked at her, confused. She looked over at Athena.

"She is one of the few wolves that can see the future. Especially Nova's. She has a connection to her, like no other." Athena said.

"Aunt Everleigh, it's so good to see you. How are you?" Nora said. Everyone was looking confused.

"I am well. Your mother and father should be here in a few days." Everleigh said.

"What is going on? Why is my best friend calling you Aunt?" I said.

"Your Uncle Jackson and Aunt Marlene are her parents. You wouldn't have known because Jackson was an Alpha of the Golden-Fern Pack in the south-east of Virginia." My mother said.

"Nova, that's why I am so connected and protective of you. We're related. This is amazing." Nora said, and she hugged me. "You are really the only one I get the clearest visions off."

"Yes, it is Nora. I promise. Athena, this is great, isn't it?" I said. I had tears in my eyes. They were happy tears. About 10 minutes later, Leon brought out some food for us all and we ate. Then shortly afterwards Sylvie came into the Diner and joined us.

"Sorry I am late; Brock has an insatiable appetite these days." Sylvie said. We all laughed.

"So, how is it having your vison back?" I asked her.

"Amazing, I love it. And my mate loved me when I was blind and loves me when I can see. I am happy and can't wait to see you and Braxton get married." Sylvie said.

"Yes, about that. I don't know who I want as my maid of honor. I want you both, so I have decided that-,"Nora interrupted me.

"Yes, we both accept; I will be your director of nursing of-honor and she will be your maid-of-honor." Nora said with a smile. Sylvie looked at her.

"How did you know that? Never mind, I keep forgetting your gift." Sylvie said, and we all laughed.

"So, we need to go dress shopping for you girls, for Bella and for my dress." I said.

"Yes, we do!" Both mothers said.

"For Sylvie, Bella, and I yes. But I know who makes your dress. I've already seen it?" Nora said.

"Really who?" Nova asked. Nora just smiled and sat there.

"Come on, Nora, who makes the dress?" Athena asked.

"You and Everleigh do?" Nora said.

"Ahh, I love it, Athena. We should start on it right away." My mother said.

"I agree, any colors added to it?" Athena asked.

"Baby Blue!" Both Nora and I said at the same time. I wanted the color baby blue, as it was my favorite color. I looked at Nora and smiled, and shook my head. She really saw me, after all.

We headed to the mall to look for dresses. We had asked Rory to bring Bella so she could try on some dresses. Of course, the little princess that Bella is, she wanted a princess-like dress. We found the perfect dress for her. Then we found dresses for both Nora and Sylvia. Also dresses for Athena and Everleigh as well. Just the men need to get tuxes and my mom's need to make my dress. We headed over to the pack house. I wanted to talk to Braxton for a little before he had a meeting with Sawyer, Rory, Brock, Garrett, and Knox. I also wanted to say goodbye to Jordan. He was leaving today. His mate Sadie was due any day, and he wanted to get home for the birth of his pup. I supported that. Seeing his pup being born is more important than being here right now. Beside him, Sadie and the baby can travel out here with my brother Easton, Violet and the twin Anna Grace and Tristan Michael when they are born. Which was right around the time of the wedding.

Braxton

The wedding is at the end of the week, and I am so nervous. I have no clue what's going on. I have been dealing with all the drama with my dress. Nova walked into his office to find him talking with Sawyer, Rory, and Brock. They met and smiled. Braxton waved me over to him and when I approached him, he pulled me into an enormous hug. These hugs can make a girl get weak at the knees. Damn girl, you're lucky I want to ravish him so badly right now. It's been a few days now. Zoe, you're horrible and I know. I don't know what has been up with Braxton or Ari. Oh, trust me, Ari wants you as much as you and I want them both. It's Braxton. Ari thinks he is worried, stressed or upset. Ok Zoe, thanks.

"Hey Hun, sorry if I interrupted guy time." Nova said. They all chuckled.

"Nova babe, you're fine and you didn't. We were just talking about wedding stuff." I said.

"Oh ok, is that my cue to leave?" Nova asked.

"Oh, on the contrary, we could use your advice." Sawyer said.

"Um, Ok, on what?" Nova asked.

"Well, we have a temporary and tentative plan set up. But we were sure of your colors and where you wanted the ceremony exactly and reception exactly. Braxton thinks he got the color blue right and locations right." Sawyer said. I laughed, looking at all of them.

"You guys are weird. Let me look at it." Nova said. Brock handed me the plans, and I looked at them. I remained taken by surprise. Braxton got the color spot on. I was pleased.

"This is the right color blue, its baby blue. Now for the ceremony. Do you have it by the lake at our spot, Braxton? You know the one where you proposed?" Nova asked.

"Yes, I do, my love." I said. She smiled and blushed. "The reception she shortly ups lake where you suggested that we should have it that night." I said. She looked at me and kissed me.

"It's perfect. I don't know what you guys needed my advice on." Nova said.

"We, they more or less, wanted your approval." Brock said. I laughed.

"You all are so funny." Nova said.

"Alright guys, I am going to spend some time with my mate. How about we meet at the mall at 5 to get fitted for our tuxes? Oh, Sawyer and Rory, don't forget to bring a little man, Noah." I said.

"His sister Bella and Sylvie and Nora already have their dresses, now you all need you get your tuxes." Nova said they laughed and shook their head and waved and they all left the office leaving me and Braxton alone.

"What about your dress, babe?" I asked.

"Well, about that, our mothers are making it. I just finished my 11th dress fitting; I have lost more weight. I saw Dr. Elijah. He said everything is fine. Just stress." Nova said. I went from a dress size 14 to a size 8.

"Are you having second thoughts about getting married, Nova?" I asked.

"No, oh my god no! I have just been through a lot, and this is going to be the best things that has ever happened to me and to us." Nova said.

"But we will finish my dress tomorrow?" Nova said.

"That great. Just so you know, those plans were all I could see of our wedding ceremony and reception venue." I said.

"You to? So, you're not allowed to help either?" Nova asked. I shook my head.

"Nope, maybe we could spend some time together?" Nova said, as she is kissing my neck.

"Nova, we are getting married in 4 days. I am pulling all the restraint the I have to hold back." I said.

"Why are you holding back? I am your mate?" Nova asked.

"Because the next time I make love to you, you will be my wife, Nova." I said, and I kissed her. She had tears in her eyes.

"Braxton, I didn't know what you have been doing. A part of me was thinking you secretly didn't like my body anymore." Nova said.

"Oh, hell no, I love your body, babe. You drive me crazy. I am just waiting till we get married. Then, if you get pregnant again, you will be my wife. It won't be out of wedlock." I said. Nova laughed.

"I love you Braxton. You better go meet the guys." Nova said, she kissed me.

"I love you too, Nova." I said as I kissed her back. She left and headed home to our house. I left and headed to the mall to meet the guys.

I got to the mall, and we searched for tuxes. Finding one for Noah was easy. It's because it was so little yet. We got Brock himself. Then we found Rory and Sawyer theirs. Next was mine. Mine was a little different. My vest and tie were baby blue. As their vest were black and white shirts and baby blue ties. We got out tuxes and we all left and headed home. I had Sawyer take my tux to his house, as I will stay there the night before the wedding.

Athena

Everleigh and I started making this dress for almost 1 ½ months. It was a tedious process. With several fittings. Nova either gained weight or lost weight. As she remains stressed. Her dress is a white princess style ball gown. With blue ribbon attached to the waist and diamonds on the dress. The lace on the skirt of the dress is a mix of white and pale baby blue. We have finally finished the dress. We picked up her shoes to match her dress. As well as a tiara and veil to go with it.

Their wedding is this weekend. So, Everleigh and I are working on getting all the food prepared, the locations set up for the ceremony and reception. We both want this day to be extra special for both of them. At the lake we got the wedding arch installed, and it's covered with vines and white roses and baby-blue tips on them. And with white lights around the arch. The aisles of chairs are white and there is a baby blue aisle runner in the aisle. The ceremony location is beautiful. They have white Christmas lights in the trees. For the reception, there are four white canopies. Two are for dining and eating. We set the tables up with blue runners in the middle with candles and flowers on them. There is the head table for the entire bridal party at the front. Then the next two canopies have a dance floor that was built. There is a section where the DJ will be playing. Yes, we have our very own DJ in our pack. The DJ name is actually Dylan Jude, a.k.a. DJ, he has a love of music. Sylvie is also going to sing a few songs during the reception as well. Nora, Everleigh, Knox, Brock, Leon, Sylvia, Garret, Rory, Sawyer, and I got everything set up for Nova and Braxton. We all love them. We are all family now. Sawyer, Rory, Brock, and Sylvie all had headed back to the pack house.

"Hey Everleigh, I just want to thank you for sharing your daughter with me." I said, and she smiled.

"Of course, I could say the same thing about Braxton. He is such a nice young man. I am thankful they found each other." Everleigh said.

"Me too!" Both Garrett and Knox said.

"Hey Nora, how did you and Leon end up meeting Nova out here? I mean, you knew she was your cousin, right?" Knox asked.

"Actually, I didn't know she was my cousin. But she called Leon to look at the cabin we had for rent. I saw it and told him we had to show it to her, and when we met her, I told him she was Braxton's mate. We ended up selling her the cabin, well less giving her the cabin. As we had no use for it anymore." Nora said.

"She is right. Later that day, the Alpha needed me, and he smelled his mate on me. She needed time, and it was a few months later that she finally got her wolf and that Nova and Braxton met. Well, the rest is just fate." Leon said.

"Well, I am forever grateful for you all and what you have done for my daughter." Everleigh said. She hugged them both.

"I agree with my wife and mate. It's like you two were her guardian angels." Knox said.

"Maybe we were, but I am glad it all worked out, But I have to run back to the diner and get ready for the dinner rush, Love you, Nora." Leon said and he kissed his mate.

"See you later, babe. I will be over shortly. I love you to." Nora said.

"We will all see you guys later on." I said.

"Bye." Everleigh said and Knox waved bye and Nora waved and then she left.

"There is also something else that you both should know." I said. They looked at Athena, puzzled.

"Ok, what is it?" They asked.

"Well, it's for Garrett to explain. Garrett, you want to explain what happened?" I asked him and he looked at me.

"Did something happen to her while she was here?" Knox asked. I shook my head.

"That's for her to tell you." I said.

"Well, I went to the Elder Council. Nova deserved to have her title. I hope that doesn't offend you." Garrett said.

"Absolutely not. She has always deserved it. She had earned it by the time she was 15." Knox said.

"They, why didn't you give it to her?" Everleigh asked.

"It was supposed to be Jacob's position. So I handed it to Easton. Then I knew Charlie was going to name her Beta. So, I knew the kids were going to still run the pack together. Well, before I figured it out, she was Braxton's true mate, and I sent her away. But I was only trying to help her. I didn't mean to hurt her." Knox said.

"Knox, no one will ever replace Jacob. He died before he was born. I know he was our first baby. But our first-born child is Nova. I know he died just a few weeks before his due date, because of the attack on the pack. I know. But there is nothing we can do to bring him back. Trust me, I know. But I am thankful for the two amazing children that we have." Everleigh said.

"I know, I was being stupid, I guess." Knox said.

"Well, she is a great young woman, and we are both proud that by the end of the week she will be our daughter, too." Athena said.

"I agree, but the Elder Council agreed and gave Nova her Alpha title and her Luna title. So, she is Alpha/Luna of this pack. She holds power. She ranks just below the King and Queen of Werewolves." Garrett said.

"That's amazing," Both Knox and Everleigh said.

"Athena, I am glad that Nova is happy here. I wasn't thrilled when Knox did what he did, and he knows it. But he tried to fix it. But it was too late." Everleigh said.

"Yes, I know it was, and I have been paying for it ever since. But I am glad that I have talked with my daughter, and she forgives me. Her and I are ok now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 103 33
PROLOGUE Mates, simple word but have a lot of meaning behind it, it says mates were to protect each other love each other care for each other and the...
2.3K 24 31
I will switch to other POV throughout the story. Non-traditional ABO, Alpha, Beta, Omega Dynamics. Trigger Warning Explicit smut in details through...
2.1M 16.7K 15
Nova Lucas has always been excited about for the day she would meet her mate. Her Prince Charming, her Knight in Shining Armor, her Protector... He'd...
248K 7.2K 21
Nova: Dad always told me, that I would find my love and never let him go. He said, that he would protect me; just like dad to mom until she was kille...