Second Chance Mates: Nova & B...

By LunaBecky22

Second Chance Mates: Nova & Braxton's Story Being a werewolf is supposed to be exciting. The excitement o... More

~CHAPTER 1~
~CHAPTER 2~
~CHAPTER 3~
~CHAPTER 4~
~CHAPTER 5~
~CHAPTER 6~
~CHAPTER 7~
~CHAPTER 8~
~CHAPTER 9~
~CHAPTER 10~
~CHAPTER 11~
~CHAPTER 12~
~CHAPTER 14~
~CHAPTER 15
~CHAPTER 16~
~CHAPTER 17~
~CHAPTER 18~
~CHAPTER 19~
~CHAPTER 20~
~CHAPTER 21~
~CHAPTER 22~
~CHAPTER 23~
~CHAPTER 24~
~CHAPTER 25~
~CHAPTER 26~
~CHAPTER 27~
~Untitled Part 28~
~CHAPTER 29~
~CHAPTER 30~
~CHAPTER 31~
~CHAPTER 32~

~CHAPTER 13~

204 11 1
By LunaBecky22

The council meeting is between me and the seven Elder Members who are alphas. The meeting with Sawyer and Rory is with two of the Elder Members. We went into the building, and we all walked up to the front desk. There was a gentleman. There, he looked up.

"Alpha Garrett, what a surprise. What brings you in to the council today?" He asked.

"Hello Beta Ace Caspian, it is good to see you. I have a meeting with the Elders at 9 a.m. and my sons meet with Elders Dakota Wade and Royce Porter when my meeting is over." I said. He looks down at the book and nods his head.

"Yes, that is correct. You do. Are your sons going with you to your meeting?" He asked.

"Yes, that is fine with me." I said.

"You two can come, but I would suggest you be more of a witness and only answer if your asked questions. So, it goes well for your meeting. Just trying to help." He said.

"Thank you, Ace." We said as we nodded our heads.

"Please follow me. They are ready for you." He said.

We all followed him down the hall and to the last room on the right. It was huge. We walked in and all the elders were sitting on the bench in front of the room. The room looked like a courtroom. From right to left sits Alpha Josiah Preston, Alpha Declan Nash, Alpha Caden Griffin, Alpha Dakota Wade, Alpha Edwin Tate, Alpha Kade Lawson, and Alpha Royce Porter. They are the elders' members that make up the council.

"Good morning, Alpha Garrett, can you tell why you have requested this meeting on such short notice?" Declan said.

"Recently, my son Alpha Braxton found his mate, Nova Daniels. He rejected her on the night of her 18th birthday." I said.

"Alpha no disrespect maybe, but rejection by your mate is no reason to call the council." Royce said.

"Wait, a minute. Did you say the last name Daniels, as in Alpha Knox Daniels? Would that be her father?" Josiah asked.

"Yes, she is his daughter. You are right Royce; I did not contact you about the rejection. Jordan wasn't her true mate. Braxton is. However, what her father did to her that night was uncalled for, and that is why I called you." I said.

"What did he do?" Dakota asked.

"He banished her on the night of her 18th birthday after she couldn't shift." I said.

"But Nova first in line to be the Alpha of the Red Eclipse Pack?" Kade asked.

"No, her father refused to give her the title because she is a girl, so Knox has given the title to her younger brother, Easton. But the issue is that the current Beta was going to name Nova as beta when he steps down instead of his son. Because he doesn't believe that his son is for the title." I told them.

"Yes, we approved Beta Charlie's requests on passing it to another candidate of his choosing as long as he/she will benefit the pack." Edwin said.

"His son, Jordan, was her mate. He mated and marked another she-wolf, and then he rejected her publicly, causing her wolf to go into hiding. Her wolves have since come back, but her father believed that Nova would have a target on her back once they gave the title to her. So that is why he did what he did." I said.

"That is still no excuse. All alpha's first-born are to receive the alpha title if they possess the gene and we already know that she has that gene. It doesn't matter if they are a boy or girl. But he should have contacted us to get the approval for the title change and banishment, for he did it." Josiah said.

"Did Alpha Knox bring thing to our attention for approval or even that to let aware of the situation?" Caden said.

"No, not that I have seen." Edwin said.

"My son Braxton doesn't care if Nova is just his Luna, or if she is an Alpha, too? She is his mate and is his equal, no matter what. My mate Athena informed me that when I return, they are having the Luna celebration for her." I said.

"That is good news to hear. No wolf should have to go through this. However, fellow Elders, what do you think we should do in the matter of Alpha Knox?" Kade asked.

"As a mother, a future Alpha twins, girl and a boy, I can see where is coming from to a point. But I am an Alpha and a mother too. But I believe Nova should still get her title, even if she doesn't want to return to her old pack." Dakota says.

"A motion for Nova to receive her title says I." Caden said.

"I." said Josiah.

"I." said Declan.

"I." said Dakota.

"I." said Edwin.

"I." said Kade.

"I." said Royce.

"I and let the I's have it." Cade said.

"Alpha-Luna Nova Sky Daniels and hopefully in the future, she becomes a member of the Wayland family. We all hope." Josiah said.

"Oh yes, I see it happening soon. My son can't keep his eyes off of her." I said.

"Young mate, love, it's powerful." They all said.

"Now, Garrett, you know that with being one of the four Alpha-Luna's out there, that she holds power and authority. She will now rank right under the Luna Queen. That is an honor for all of us here on the Elder Council to devote our lives to protect her." Alpha Royce said.

"Thank you! We all appreciate that more than you know." Garrett said. All the Elders stood and nodded at Garrett, and they all had a mental moment of silence at the new Alpha-Luna Nova's expense. The meeting was over and five of the elders left the room. Leaving only Royce and Dakota. Along with myself, with Sawyer and Rory. They were a lot calmer than I thought that would be.

SAWYER/RORY

The ride here wasn't too bad, as we slept most of it. The lady at the from desk of the hotel was a little rude. But nothing we can't handle. I mink-linked Braxton when dad and Rory were asleep.

S: Hey Braxton, just wanted to let you know we made it. All checked into the hotel.

B: Hey Sawyer, that's good to hear. How is everything going?

S: Good, both dad and Rory are sleeping and I can't sleep naturally.

B: Isn't that how it always goes when you're in a strange place, though?

S: Yes, that happens. So, what is going on back home?

B: Well, today I met Nova's wolf, and she met mine. Everything is perfect.

S: Man, that's great.

B: When you guys get back, I want to have her Luna ceremony.

S: About time brother. Ha-ha- I'm kidding. That is a great idea.

B: Thank you. I left a message for Elder Royce to perform the ceremony, like they're supposed to. I want it to be him and dad.

S: That would be great Braxton.

B: Are you nervous about tomorrow?

S: Not like I was before we left home today. I am ready to get it over with and head home.

B: I will tell you there is not that bad. Just be your little brother... I love you.

S: I love you too, big brother, and thank you.

B: You're welcome and good night, Sawyer, get some sleep.

S: Night Braxton.

I woke up to my dad shaking my arm, saying that we had to leave in half an hour for the meeting. After 3 a.m., I didn't fall asleep. I just didn't want to get up, but I knew I had to. We all got showered and dressed. We headed out the door to the council building.

Dad's meeting was up first. I was thankful that we got to sit in and watch to see how the Elder Council works. It is amazing how they work and what all they do. The meeting was quick and to the point. Then it was our turn; my nerves hit me like a ton of bricks. I remembered Braxton's words: just be your little brother, and it seemed to help relax me.

"Next on the agenda is with you two young men over there. Please step forward." Royce said. They got up from their chairs and walked up to where dad was standing.

"Good afternoon, Alpha Dakota and Alpha Royce. My mate Rory and I have come here with the application petition for the adoption of a child or children. However, in order for it to be aloud it needs the approval of the council." Sawyer Said.

"Well, I am impressed. Are you two ready to be parents?" Dakota asked.

"Yes mam? I do, I learned from the best. I had Alpha Garrett and Luna Athena as parents, and they taught me how to respect others. How to take on responsibility. I mean, we are the Betas to the pack. My pack is my family. When there is a problem, I make sure everyone is okay. I go out and fix it. I also learned from my brother. Family makes your life worth living. Rory and I need this." Sawyer says.

"Do you think you have what it takes?" Royce asked.

"Yes, sir We do! We wouldn't be here with the application if we didn't. We want this more than anything. Everyone else can have children. Why can't we? They are so many children in out of the werewolf orphanages and we just want to give them a loving home so they can grow up happy, healthy and feel the family life that Sawyer got. My mother died when I was little, and I never saw my dad. I vowed to never treat my child or any child like that." Rory said. The elders looked at one another.

"Before you give them your answer, just let me say one thing." Garrett said.

"Yes, of course Garrett," Royce said.

"These boys wear their hearts on their sleeves. They maintain the orphanages daily. Rory had been giving his wages that he earns to them to support all of those kids. So, they have learning materials, food, clothing, toys, and so much more. He even made plans with his brother to have a new and bigger orphanage built for them. These boys are one of a kind. They will make great parents. Athena and I would be happy to help them every step of the way." Garrett said. They nodded.

"Just give Elder Dakota and I a few moments or two to discuss this." They said. They left the room and about five minutes later, that came back into the room. But it seemed like all the air in the room sucked out. And none of us could breathe until one of them spoke.

"Your Petition for Adoption Application order in question, the other Elders and I have discussed, and we have decided that the best decision is to grant your application. We all feel that it is the right decision. The rest of the Elders agree too. Congratulations." Royce said. They looked shocked.

"Thank you so much. Thank you all for everything. For my mate and I, and with my dad and my brother's mate, Nova. You're all amazing. Thank you." Sawyer said.

"Well, thank you for your kind words. Safe travels back home, guys. See you soon. For the Luna Ceremony." Royce said.

"Yes, we wouldn't have it any other way. See you soon, Alpha Royce." Rory said. We left the room and walked out of the council building. I stopped, and I just looked at my dad and I just hugged him. I knew he knew everything was going to be ok today. He kept saying it all along. I just didn't believe it by myself.

"What was that for?" He asked.

"Thank you, dad, for everything. You said it would all be ok, and it was. I just needed to give my dad a hug." Sawyer said.

"Sawyer, everything always works out because we have each other and our family for support." Rory said. I hugged him.

"Let's go to the hotel and get out stuff and checkout, dad. I really want to just go home." Sawyer said.

"You read my mind, kid," Garret said.

They went to the hotel, and they packed their stuff. It wasn't much at all. It was only a night's worth of clothes and toiletries to pack. But they wanted to make sure that they had everything. Once they check and double checked and triple checked at dad's request. They went down to the main desk. There was a gentleman working this time.

"Hi checking out?" He asked.

"Yes, a day early, I know. Sorry, change of plans." Garrett said.

"Oh, it is no problem, Alpha Garrett. Here you go and here is your refund of $184." The man said.

"Oh, ok thank you." He said, and we all walked outside. There was a homeless man searching for garbage for food.

"Guys, hold on a second." He said. He walked up to the homeless man.

"Excuse me, Sir?" Garrett said. The guy looked scared.

"H-Hi, I-I'm sorry." The homeless man said.

"No reason to be sorry, here is $184. Get yourself some food. Ok?" He said.

"T-thanks you, sir." The homeless man said.

"You're welcome." Garrett said. The homeless man walked away.

"Dad, that was very you." Sawyer said, and Rory nodded his head.

"Paying it forward, boys." Garrett said.

We all headed towards the car and got in. Dad got into the driver's seat. So Rory and I got into the back seat again. Dad drove with a lead food this time. But we made it home within 3 hours. He was speeding home the entire way. I know he missed mom. But he really wanted to talk to my brother about what was going to happen to Nova. She did not know that we were even going to the Elder Council on her behalf. Hopefully, she won't be too upset or mad about it. Only time will tell once we get back home. After we got home, we got out stuff from the car. Dad headed into the house and Rory put his hand on my arm.

"Sawyer, wait a minute." Rory says.

"Rory babe, everything ok?" Sawyer asked.

"Yes, Sawyer, everything is better than fine. But I was thinking, and I know that we have only just gotten the approval for the adoption process. But before we bring a child into our lives, we need to find a home first. Don't you think?" Rory asked.

"You know what, Rory? That is a wonderful, if not the greatest, idea I have ever heard." Sawyer said.

"You really think so?" Rory asked.

"Of course, but I might have a solution already." Sawyer mentions to his mate.

"Oh yeah, tell me more." Rory said.

"Well, when my grandparents died, they gave Braxton and I their house." Sawyer said.

"That big house behind the pack house?" Rory asked.

"Yes, babe, that's the one. Since Braxton is planning on staying in the cabin and expanding it when they have pups. Nova bought that all on her on. After her father did what he did, Braxton won't take that from her. He wants to expand it with her. I think she will let him in the future, especially if they have a pup." Sawyer said.

"WOW, which is a beautiful house. I remember being there when I met your grandparent before they passed away." Rory said.

"Well, what would you say if I told you that Braxton already gave me permission to live there with you?" Sawyer said.

"I would die a lucky man; know seriously, I would be excited. Why are you asking?" Rory asked me.

"Because we have already moved our stuff into the new house." Sawyer tells him and he just looked at me shocked and grabbed a hold of my shirt and kissed me with all the passion and love that a mate could give.

"I love you Sawyer Waylon." Rory said.

"I love you too, Rory Waylon. Now let's go home." I said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.5K 1.1K 51
"I, Caden Knight, Alpha of the Mystic Falls Pack, reject you Lily Rose of Silver Moon Pack! From this day forth I release you from our mate bond". L...
207K 7.2K 33
One night changes Sierra's life forever when she loses everything except her toddler niece. In charge of the last six members of her pack, it is up...
232K 6.5K 33
FORGIVENESS is the best form of love... it takes a strong person to say SORRY and an even stronger person to FORGIVE... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
18.1K 569 32
"I'm sorry Luna," I said, with the little bit of respect I could muster and slightly bowed my head. "But I can't simply forgive you. You're still thi...