Second Chance Mates: Nova & B...

By LunaBecky22

Second Chance Mates: Nova & Braxton's Story Being a werewolf is supposed to be exciting. The excitement o... More

~CHAPTER 1~
~CHAPTER 2~
~CHAPTER 3~
~CHAPTER 4~
~CHAPTER 5~
~CHAPTER 6~
~CHAPTER 7~
~CHAPTER 8~
~CHAPTER 10~
~CHAPTER 11~
~CHAPTER 12~
~CHAPTER 13~
~CHAPTER 14~
~CHAPTER 15
~CHAPTER 16~
~CHAPTER 17~
~CHAPTER 18~
~CHAPTER 19~
~CHAPTER 20~
~CHAPTER 21~
~CHAPTER 22~
~CHAPTER 23~
~CHAPTER 24~
~CHAPTER 25~
~CHAPTER 26~
~CHAPTER 27~
~Untitled Part 28~
~CHAPTER 29~
~CHAPTER 30~
~CHAPTER 31~
~CHAPTER 32~

~CHAPTER 9~

341 10 0
By LunaBecky22

ATHENA/GARRETT

After leaving our son's office, we went to the kitchen in the alpha/beta suit that we share without our sons and their mates. We prepared a special dinner for Nova. We wanted to make her feel welcome in our home and our family.

"Athena darling, I think that you have outdone yourself again. My dear, this all smells amazing." Garrett tells her. She looks at him and smiles and kisses his cheek.

"Well thank you, Hun, but I want Nova to feel welcomed as she should. She has been through enough already. She deserves to be spoiled and happy." She tells him.

"Garrett, can you set the table and add more places? I believe Sawyer and Rory will join us as well." She tells him.

"Did you mink-link our sons and tell him about dinner tonight?" He asked her. She laughed.

"No, I'm busy with dinner. Why don't you do that, my love?" She said, then kissed his nose and walked back into the kitchen. He laughed and shook his head. He mink-link his son Sawyer.

G: Sawyer, if you and Rory aren't too busy, we are having a family dinner to welcome Nova this evening.

S: Ok, I knew she was Braxton's mate. Let me guess, mom wants us to attend dinner?

G: Yes, you know how your mother is, Sawyer.

S: HAHA Dad, yes, I know dad, we will be there. We wouldn't miss it. What time is dinner?

G: We are eating dinner at 5 and it is 3, so be here before 4:30, please.

S: We will be there shortly, dad, no worries.

G: Thank you Son, see you soon.

S: No problem dad and see you soon.

Once I finished talking with my son, I finished setting the table for six people. I had just finished putting the finishing touches on the table when I heard the elevator to our floor ding. I wasn't sure who was here. Was it Sawyer and Rory? Or was it Braxton and Nova? I turned around and saw Braxton and Nova walking into the apartment from the elevator entrance.

"Dinner isn't quite ready yet sweetie, but if you would like to freshen up, you can." Garrett tells her.

"As much as I would love to, I can't I have nothing here." Nova says to Garrett.

"Nonsense. I asked one omega to run and get you something. I hope that was ok. You are the same age and size as her, so it was easier for her to shop. There are clothes sitting on Braxton's bed for you and bath stuff for in the bathroom if you would like to get cleaned up." Athena told her.

"Babe, it is ok if you want to go up and get cleaned up before dinner, you just had your first shift. That can be hard on anyone. Especially someone with alpha blood. Here, I will show you the way." Braxton tells her.

"Thank you, Athena and Garrett. It means a lot that you are doing all of this for me." She says with tears in her eyes. Which were happy tears.

"Of course, darling, your family is now. Now go up and get cleaned up and we will eat when you're ready." Athena said.

"Come on, I will show you to my room so you can get cleaned up." Braxton tells Nova. He grabs her hand and then he walks her upstairs. To his bedroom, so she could get cleaned up. He knew she was feeling uncomfortable, but he was trying to make her feel comfortable as he could.

NOVA

I was a little torn back when they mentioned me getting cleaned up for dinner. Then I realized I was still just wearing that shirt of Sawyers. I walked up the stairs, following Braxton, and we went into his bedroom. The walls are gray; it has a king-size bed with blue bedding and white sheets. Nightstand with a lamp on each side. Two dressers on each side of the bedroom. There is a desk and a tv stand with a 65-inch tv on the wall. There is a walk-in closet and an ensuite as well. It has a huge jacuzzi bathtub and a walk-in shower. I saw the clothes for me on his bed. I grabbed them and followed him into the bathroom. He stared at the bath for me. I saw the towels in the sink. They even got my favorite shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. Like how on earth did they know? There was a note addressed to me on the towels and I read it. As I was reading it, a smile grew on my face and I couldn't help but feel loved and wanted here. I am going to thank her after I am finished and when I get downstairs.

Nova,

I know that going through your first shift is hard enough on your body. But having to go through it all alone and go through everything that you have been through. You deserve to be treated like a princess. You are mine and Garrett's daughter now. If you let us, we are going to spoil every chance we get. We love you already.

So, please enjoy a relaxing bubble bath. I hope you like the bath stuff I picked out; I just took a guess. It's one of my favorites. Once you're finished, come downstairs and we all will enjoy dinner.

XOXO,

Athena-MOM

I cried happy tears after in finished reading the note from Athena. Braxton came over to me. He put his arms around me and held me.

"Nova are you ok? Why are you crying? What's wrong?" He asked me. I handed him the note from his mother. He read it.

"My mother is something else. Relax in your bath, sweetie. It is ready and I will be in the bedroom waiting for you." He tells her.

After my bath, I got out and got dressed. I put on the blue lace bra and thong underwear set. I put on the black tank top and the blue cardigan with dark blue denim ripped skinny jeans. Paired with cute ankle heeled boots. I looked in the mirror and I looked good. When I came out of the bedroom, Braxton was just sitting on the edge of the bed, waiting for me. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Nova, you look so beautiful." He said.

"Well, thank you Braxton." I said. He looked at me so intently and stood up and walked towards me. He placed his lips on mine and gave me a soft kiss at first, and then it went into a passionate kiss. It stopped when my stomach growled.

"We better get you some food, my lady." He said, and we both laughed.

"Of course, my good sir." I said he just shook his head and laughed as we headed down towards the kitchen.

BRAXTON

Nova was crying, and I didn't know why. It was bothering Ari and me. When she showed me that note? Ari laughed it off. My mother was being my mother. The caring and loving person she is and always will be. I knew she would love Nova. Hell, I already do. She walked out of the bathroom, and she took my breath away. She was absolutely beautiful. I still can't believe that this woman is my mate. I can't wait to mark her. So, I can stop the urge to do so every five seconds. When I kissed her slowly, Ari took over, and it turned into a passionate kiss. I regained control when I heard her stomach growl.

"We better get you some food, my lady," I told her, and we both laughed.

"Of course, my good sir." She says I just shook my head and laughed as we headed down towards the kitchen.

NOVA

We went down to the kitchen to see where everyone was at, but no one was there. So, we checked the dining room, and that is where everyone was currently. Garrett and Athena, we are finishing putting dinner on the table. Sawyer and another guy were standing by the window with arms around each other and then they were sharing a passionate kiss.

"That is Sawyer's mate Rory. They found each other last year." Braxton tells me.

"Cool, that would be why your dad said finally getting a daughter, then?" I asked him. He laughed and nodded.

"Yes, Nova, that would be the reason. But no one cares about my brother's choice." He said.

"Braxton, it doesn't bother me. I lost my family when my father banished me. But I found my true mate; his parents accepted me, and I got not one but two brothers." I said. Everyone heard me say that. They all looked at me, shocked.

"Well, I am glad that you accepted my mate, Nova. It took a long time for a lot of the pack to accept me for who I am and accept my mate." Sawyer said.

"What? So, you're gay, big deal. Who gives a shit? The only person you need to make happy besides yourself is your mate, which is Rory. Fuck what others think and believe. I spent too many years doing what they expected and doing exactly what everyone wanted me to do. And I still got treated like shit. So, no, I don't care what people think of me. If you're happy, Sawyer, then be happy with Rory. Don't let people change that. Promise me." I said.

"Promise Nova." Sawyer said.

"Nova, this is my mate, Rory. Rory, this is Nova, Braxton's mate." Sawyer said.

"Nice to meet you, Nova. Thank you for what you said before. You will make an excellent Luna." Rory said.

"It is nice to meet you, Rory, and thank you. But I meant it. Just be happy with who you are and happy with your mate." I told him he nodded.

"Dinner is ready, let's eat." Athena says. All six of us sit down at the table to eat dinner together as a family.

"So, Nova I don't know why, but I know you are going to make a great Luna, but why am I getting an Alpha vibe from you? Because what you said was told like an Alpha, if I can say so myself." Rory asked her. Everyone agreed with him. I just shook my head in disappointment.

"Well, Rory, you see I am Alpha's daughter. But I am no alpha and never will be. Alpha Knox didn't want me to have the Alpha Title." I told him.

"Why the hell not?" Rory asked me. He wasn't happy.

"Because I am not a male. My father believes that the alpha of a pack has to be a man, not a woman." I told him. I noticed Braxton and Garrett looking at one another like there were in deep conversation with each other. Honestly, I do not know about what, but at the moment I don't care.

Throughout the rest of dinner, we kept talking about how Sawyer and Rory met. Garrett talked about how met Athena. Braxton opened up about how he had been to my pack three times before. The first two times he didn't catch my scent, the third time was in the middle of February, just a few months before my birthday. He talked about how he caught my scent but couldn't tell where it was coming from. It was because I was still underage. But he knew I was from there.

After dinner, Braxton and I cleaned up the kitchen and dining room. Since Athena and Garrett cooked and served dinner. Rory and Sawyer went back to their part of the suite after dinner. Athena and Garrett had gone to their suite shortly after. theirs sons did. Everyone was tired. It was a long day. Braxton had gone out onto the balcony of his suite and was looking up at the stars. He looks over at me and smiles. He reached his arm out for me to join him. I reached for his hand. When our hands touched, I felt those sparks again. They were like sending shockwaves up my arm and down my spine. I could get used to this feeling.

To be honest, I am scared, and I don't know if I am ready to meet his wolf yet. I don't know if he will like what my wolf looks like. I am still afraid that he will send me away and reject me. A part of me wonders if I should just run away and just set him free. I am just broken, and I don't know how to feel or even to make him happy. Zoe, what am I to do? Nova, we just need to give him a chance. He is different, he genuinely cares for you, I already feel that he might already love you. Ari loves us. Just give him some time before you make any rash decisions. You're right Zoe, maybe I am just using what happened in the past to cloud my judgement on what could happen in the future. I can't let the past haunt me and ruin my whole life.

BRAXTON

Dinner was a success for Nova. We all learned so much about her and she learned a lot about us to, this was a great welcoming dinner for her. After dinner, we cleaned up and everyone retired to their suites. We went up to my room, well now our room here at the pack house. I was out on the balcony looking up at the stars. She was inside and was standing by the doorway. I reached my hand out and gestured for her to join me.

"Care to join me in love?" I asked her. She smiles.

"Sure, I was thinking you would never ask." She said.

"Well, we can't have that now, can we?" he said. We laughed.

"Of course not. So what were you doing out here? It is chilly out here." She told me.

"To be honest, I was thanking the stars and the moon goddess that you're finally here." I told her.

"Oh, Braxton, that is so sweet." She tells me. Then she kissed me.

I picked her up and was still kissing her. Her legs we wrapped around my waist and my hands were under her ass. I carried her into the suite and laid her on the bed. I kneeled over her. I kissed her again. She looked up at me with lust and love in her eyes. She unbuttoned my shirt while she was still kissing me passionately. But stopped.

"Nova, are you ok? I'm sorry I went too far." I told her.

"No, I'm sorry. I'm just not ready yet." She said.

"It's ok Nova, you can have all the time you need. I'll wait till you're ready." I tell her and then smile as I kiss her on the cheek.

"What you need and want is more important right now than anything else." I tell her.

"Thank you, Braxton, it means a lot to me." She said and then hugged me. She went into the bathroom and came out with a confused look on her face.

"What wrong sweetie?" I asked her.

"What am I supposed to wear to bed?" She asked me. I chuckled and walked into my closet and came out with a smaller pair of shorts and a t-shirt.

"Here, my love, wear these. These shorts I have outgrown, and I would love to have you sleeping in my t-shirt." I told her, and she nodded and giggled.

"Okay, Braxton, and thank you." She said and went into the bathroom to get ready for bed. I went into the closet and changed into a pair of jogger shorts and came out into the bedroom when I was done.

I sat on the bed waiting for Nova to come out of the bathroom. She comes out, and she looks so good in my clothes. She is sexy and gorgeous as hell. Giving her the time she needs is going to be difficult.

"Which side do you want, sweetie?" I asked.

"Is the right side okay with you?" She asked me.

"Of course, I usually take the left side of the bed." I said, well you can tell all my stuff was on that stand.

We both laid down in bed and she laid her head on my chest. I heard her purr. Her wolf loves it as much as mine does. Because Ari is on cloud nine right now. I was holding her and loving her every moment.

"Hey babe, Ari is driving me crazy about this, but he wants to meet you and your wolf. I know it might be too soon. But whenever you're ready." He told me.

"Okay, we can talk more about it later; I am really sleepy." She tells him.

"Ok Princess." I said and kissed her on the cheek.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 103 33
PROLOGUE Mates, simple word but have a lot of meaning behind it, it says mates were to protect each other love each other care for each other and the...
Finn By riley

Werewolf

9.1K 222 54
"Bullshit." Cillian's eyes flashed black at my outburst, and I saw his body shaking to control his wolf from lashing out at me. I didn't back down. I...
44.7K 1.1K 51
"I, Caden Knight, Alpha of the Mystic Falls Pack, reject you Lily Rose of Silver Moon Pack! From this day forth I release you from our mate bond". L...
105K 3.6K 27
"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I questioned trying to get out of Tommy's grip as he pulled me down the stairs. "We're leaving." He respon...