Second Chance Mates: Nova & B...

By LunaBecky22

Second Chance Mates: Nova & Braxton's Story Being a werewolf is supposed to be exciting. The excitement o... More

~CHAPTER 1~
~CHAPTER 2~
~CHAPTER 4~
~CHAPTER 5~
~CHAPTER 6~
~CHAPTER 7~
~CHAPTER 8~
~CHAPTER 9~
~CHAPTER 10~
~CHAPTER 11~
~CHAPTER 12~
~CHAPTER 13~
~CHAPTER 14~
~CHAPTER 15
~CHAPTER 16~
~CHAPTER 17~
~CHAPTER 18~
~CHAPTER 19~
~CHAPTER 20~
~CHAPTER 21~
~CHAPTER 22~
~CHAPTER 23~
~CHAPTER 24~
~CHAPTER 25~
~CHAPTER 26~
~CHAPTER 27~
~Untitled Part 28~
~CHAPTER 29~
~CHAPTER 30~
~CHAPTER 31~
~CHAPTER 32~

~CHAPTER 3~

384 10 0
By LunaBecky22

NOVA

I woke up to my alarm clock going off. I shut it off and went back to sleep. It's Saturday. I don't need to be up at 6:15 a.m. today. I fell back to sleep and when I woke up, I heard a knock at the door.

"If you want breakfast, you better get downstairs before it's all gone, Sky. Oh, and mom maid your favorite." Easton said. My brother and my best friends are the only ones who really call me Sky instead of Nova.

"Fine, I will be down in a minute." I really didn't want to get out of bed. I was comfortable right where I was.

Another knock on my door, but this was a little louder this time. I sighed. I really didn't want to get up yet.

"Come in." I said.

"Happy Birthday Sky!" Violet and Easton said. Yes, my best friend is mates with my brother. Which I couldn't be any happier about.

"Thank you. I still don't want to get up yet." I said, they laughed.

"Don't worry, sis, I saved you a plate of your favorite birthday breakfast downstairs in the kitchen." He said.

"Oh my god, Easton, you the best brother ever. I love you." I said.

"Umm, well, yeah, you should. I am your only brother." He said, and we all burst out laughing. He handed her a box.

"What is this?" I asked.

"Just one of your birthday gifts. Another one is lunch with Beau and girls on me." He said.

"Yes, my mate really outdid himself. He already chose the restaurant and so forth for today." Violet said.

"Well, what can I say?" I said. I open the box and I see matching earring, necklace, and bracelet.

"Thank you, guys, for this. I love it."

"We will see you later. I have training and she needs to get ready for your birthday lunch. Happy birthday, sis. Love you." Easton said.

"Thank you both and love you both." I said. They both left, and I was lying on my bed. After a few minutes of looking through my phone, and saw a group text message from Violet, Stella, and Beau. I opened and read them.

S: Happy Birthday Bitch. XOXO Love you! Hope you kick ass today!

B: She is going to make her mate drool with the outfit Violet Picked out. Happy Birthday, we love you. XOXO.

V: Yes, wear the outfit in your bathroom. Love you Happy Birthday Babe! It's the gift from your best bitches ...

N: Aww, you are all the best. I love it, and you know I love blue!! I am so excited about today! See you all soon. XOXO.

S: See you soon, XOXO.

B: Later XOXO.

V: Later gurl XOXO.

I can't believe my friends did this. It means a lot to me. I took a shower and put on the outfit. I put on my white lace bra and thong set. A white tank top with lace at the bottom, a blue silk cover top. A pair of black skinny ripped jeans and black heeled boots. I also put on my favorite diamond hooped earrings and diamond necklace and bracelet. I put on some makeup. I did the whole smokey eye look, did my mascara eyeliner and red lipstick. Once my look was complete. I looked in the mirror. I look pretty damn good.

I finally went downstairs and saw both of my parents talking. They looked happy together after all these years together. Especially with dealing with my brother Easton and me as we were growing up.

"Hello Mother and Father." I said, and they turned around.

"Well, look at that Luna the birthday girl has finally gotten out of bed," Says Dad and I just looked at my dad.

"WOW Is it really June 28th already?" I said, and we all laughed.

"Ha-ha, you're funny, Nova Sky, but in case you really forgot your own birthday. Yes, it is June 28th. I Cleary remember the day you were born and all 10 hours and pain I went through to see my beautiful little baby girl." Everleigh said. I just shook my head.

"Yes, mother, I know. I was just messing around. I love you, though." I said.

My mother just shook her head. She handed me a plate of French today with fresh strawberries and a cool whip, my favorite.

"Eat up kid, lots to do today. You have training for an hour and then lunch at 3 with your friends and then your party at 7. Plus, your shift at midnight. Hopefully, you will meet your mate somewhere in between there." My dad told me, and I just nodded my head and continued to eat.

"Happy Birthday Princess," my dad tells me and handed me a box. I opened the box, and they were keys, and they had a jeep key chain.

"Thank you for this. You didn't have to do this." I told them.

"Of course we did, sweetie," they said.

"So, how do you feel about your first shift tonight?" Mom asked.

"That I am excited about. I've been looking forward to it for a long time, especially since Zoe started talking to me a few weeks ago." I told them.

"That's a good thing, but what about finding your mate?" My dad asked.

"I am not sure. I am confused about that. We must wait to see if my mate will reject me or not. Only time will tell right, dad." I told him, and he nodded.

My dad and mother walked out of the kitchen and into his office. But as they were leaving, my mother just looked at him with this weird look. I knew something was up. But I didn't know what.

Zoe, my parents are weird sometimes. She laughs and says not sometimes Nova, there weird all the time. But relaxing today should be ok. I think. So far, I have a good feeling about it. Zoe said. Well, I hope you're right Zoe. I told her.

I went for training. I did my warmup, which is a 7-mile run. Which took me about 12 minutes. It took the rest of the group about 18-21 minutes. I waited on the training grounds for the rest of the group to return. They all return, and Evan comes up to me and smiles.

"Impressive time grasshopper, let's spar then you're done for today." He speaks.

We got into position; he is a tough sparring competitor. But so am I. I may not have an Alpha title, but Finlay and Evan have given me a Warrior Position. I am a fierce fighter. We have been playing cat and mouse for about 10-15 minutes now.

"Come on now Evan, any day now, I'm not getting any younger." I growled.

"Give me your best shot Nova," He growled.

I punched his right shoulder, and he kicked my leg, but I avoided it. We took each other punch after punch and kick after kick. Finally, Evan took his eyes off me for a second and I threw all my weight on his midsection and took him down.

"Ok Nova you win today, Happy Birthday." We both laughed.

"Thanks Evan, I'll see you later." I told him.

"Yea, you will be at your party. Save me a dance, after the beating you owe me." Evan says, and we both laugh.

"You got it." I said, and I walked back to the pack house.

I left and went to the pack house and up to my bedroom to get ready for my birthday lunch with my friends. Once I was ready. I went downstairs and waited for them. I received a text message from Stella telling me where to meet them.

S: Hey girl, meet us at Naples Restaurant at 2 p.m. love you.

N: Ok see you there. Love you too.

I looked at the time and its 1:30 p.m. and it's like a 20-minute drive to Naples. At least they are still in our territory. Thankfully, I can appreciate them for that. I got into my new Blue 2022 Jeep Avalanche. I played Rewrite the stars with James Arthur and Anne-Marie. Which is one of my favorite songs. The drive to the restaurant was rather peaceful today. There wasn't too much traffic. But enough to keep my mind entertained and to stop me from wondering.

-----At the Restaurant-----

S: Hey Birthday girl over here!

N: Hey I thought I was going to be late!

B: Nope, right on time sweetie!

V: Hey, so we already ordered a cherry coke for you as well as chicken Alfredo with extra mushrooms and your broccoli on the side.

N: Oh, my you didn't have to do that, you know me too well. Even expected what I would eat!

V: Umm, you get it every time you come here, girl.

B: She is right, but any ways. Are you excited about your party tonight?

N: Yes, I am, but I am nervous too.

S: Why are you nervous?

N: What if I meet my mate and he hates me and rejects me because I am not pretty enough or because he claims I am too weak?

V: Hello are you hearing yourself Nova? You're in line for Head Warrior when Max steps down. Besides, you're beautiful as hell. If I were a lesbian, I would be all over you.

N: Well thanks, I think. Violet. But it upsets me. I can't be an Alpha, but I can be a head warrior. It makes me so mad.

Violet and Stella noticed Nova was getting upset. So, they nodded at Beau. Beau nodded at them.

B: Hey what about your shift you looking forward to it?

N: That yes, I am.

Server: hello who had Alfredo?

N: That's me.

Server: who had spaghetti and meatballs?

B: Mine.

Server: The Linguine and claims?

S: Mine.

Server: and chicken parmesan?

V: That's me.

Server: Do you need anything else?

S, W, V, B: No, we're good, thank you.

(The server left)

B: So, you all know that I am 19, and I am mate less.

V, S, N: Yes!

B: Well, I am going to travel to find my mate. I don't want to be lonely forever. I have played the gay best friend forever and well I'm not gay girls.

V, S, N: You're not?

B: Nope, thought I was, but I am really attracted to one of you and if I don't leave now, I will only torture myself.

V, S, N: WHO?

B: Stella.

S: Beau, you're an idiot. I'm not 18 and won't be till August 5th. But honestly, I have felt something for you for a long time. I have felt a pull for you for like a year now but shrugged it off because, well; I thought you were gay. (We all laughed.)

We all ate our meals. The server came over to check on how we were doing,

"How is everything?" the server asked.

"Good, fantastic." We all said.

"Are we thinking about any deserts today?" She asked.

"No, not today. Just the check, please." Beau asked.

"Sorry Sir, I can't do that. Violet and Easton have already taken the bill care of." She said.

"I could have paid for my share of lunch, Violet. Please let Easton know I am no freeloader." Beau tells her.

"Trust me, Beau, he knows. Aren't you in line to be Delta or Gemma or something.? Besides, we did this for Nova's birthday today." Violet said.

"I know and I understand. Nova deserves the absolute best." He said.

"We all mean that, Nova." Stella said.

"Thank you all. It means a lot to me." I said.

They headed out of the restaurant and, once they were outside, Stella pulled Beau aside and kissed him. Then she took a step back.

"Oh, my god Beau, did you feel that?" Stella asked him and he nodded.

"That means you don't have to leave. Because your mate is right here in front of you." He shook his head. Because his mate had been right in front of him all along.

"Yes, Stella. You're right. I am staying as long as you will have me." He said.

"Of course, you dummy. We are mate's goofball. I love you." She said and grabbed him and kissed him.

"I love you too, Stella.' Beau said.

I left the restaurant and headed home. I was happy for Stella and Beau. I really was. Even Violet has a mate, which is my brother Easton. But not me. I am the matless one out of our group. Makes me feel unattractive. Maybe I am not smart enough or strong enough for my mate. That is enough talk like that, Nova. You know you are strong or you wouldn't have been at the top of your class when you graduated from high school. Besides, boys always threw themselves at you. You have just been saving yourself. How do you know that, Zoe? I may not have made my appearance till recently, but I have always been with you. Now stop with all negativities. You're right Zoe, thanks. Of course, I am Nova. I'm your wolf, your other part of you. I know you. But the other part of you is your soul mate. He will love you. Ya, I know.

I got back to the pack house and seen the decorations for the party being put up. I felt overwhelmed. I don't know why it was overwhelming me. I mean, I had been looking forward to this all day. Zoe, why is this bothering me? But she didn't or wouldn't answer me. So, I went to my sanctuary for a little while, the library. This is like the only place in the pack house where no one ever comes in besides my mother. The library and the pack gardens are my happy places. They are where I find the most peace, harmony, and tranquility in the world. There are only two places where I don't have to think about life and what is going on and how complicated everything is and is going to be.

I can't wait till I know what Zoe, my wolf, looks like. I draw a sketch of what she might look like. She would be black and tall. I won't know for sure till we shift tonight. I have been talking to her for a few weeks now and every so often I get these sharp pains in my chest like someone is stabbing me. When do I mention it to Zoe, she can't explain it? Is there something wrong with me? It happened to me while I was in the library, and I almost fell. Afterwards, I went to find my mom. I found her in my dad's office.

"Hey mom, hey dad, I have a question?" They looked at me.

"Sure, sweetie, what is?" my mom asked."

"Why do I keep getting these stabbing pains in my chest like, right in my heart? Is something wrong with me?" My mom looked at my dad.

"No, sweetie, there isn't. It means you're probably getting ready to shift." My mom tells me.

"You are worrying about something that you have no control over, Nova. Just let things take the natural course. But are you sure you aren't imagining it?" My dad asked. I looked at him, shocked.

"NO! Dad, it hurts, and it causes me to collapse, and I have passed out." I told him.

"Now Nova, I think you are being dramatic, aren't you?" He said.

"Ugh no I don't, but you don't believe me, anyway." I stormed out of his office before he could say anything.

KNOX/EVERLEIGH

"You shouldn't be so hard on our daughter," said Everleigh. He looked at her.

"But she is being dramatic, darling." Knox said.

"But what if she isn't?" Everleigh said.

"Well, that means what?" Knox says.

"Either she is getting ready to shift or the mate she doesn't know yet is already being unfaithful and he is closer than we realized he is, like from our very own pack." Everleigh mentions.

"Hmm, well I'll be. I hadn't thought of that. But either way, she handled it wrong." Knox says.

"Yes dear. I have to go help the kids with their studies." Everleigh says and walks out of his office unhappy with the Alpha/husband.

"Ok darling" Knox said. He kissed his wife/Luna before she left his office.

I knew Luna was right. Jordan has been being unfaithful to his mate that he found out about when he turned eighteen a few months ago. I figured it out, because the only she-wolf affected by his sex-scandals with Sadie is my daughter. That, and Charlie knew it was true. I can't believe he would willingly put his own mate through that. That is cold and heartless.

Alpha Knox sat there at his desk and wondered if he handled the situation with his daughter the right way or not. Wondering if he overreacted or was, she was just being over dramatic. He knew that being a parent wasn't even easy. But he knew that parenting Easton was always easier than with Nova. Easton was calm and did as his father told him. As Nova was fierce, but dramatic, and fought every step of the way. But she studied her ass off to be the top student when she graduated high school. So, I am a proud parent of both my kids. Nova is saving herself for her mate and, well, Easton saved himself for Violet, his mate and they found each other a few months ago. She found him when she turned eighteen; him being alpha blood can sense his mate between 16-18. So, when she approached him, he already knew that she was his. He was happy that they had one another.

Luna Everleigh left her Alpha husband in his office to think about what he needed to do. She knows what is wrong with their daughter. It is one of two things. One-Her mate, who is rather close to her, is being unfaithful. Two-Her body is preparing her to shift. I am going with the number one. Her mate is a member of this pack, and he is sleeping with another she-wolf. This is causing my daughter all this pain and suffering. I just wish Knox would see it. I love him, but he is as stubborn and bullheaded as they are. Easton and Nova get that honestly though.

NOVA

I went for a walk to cool off after leaving my father's office. The pack gardens were where I ended up. I was about halfway down the third path when I smelled the annoying but intoxicating scent of ginger and chocolate. When I found who it belonged to, I followed it. I looked up at the person and it belong to the pack's most arrogant player, the Future Beta Jordan Pope. He saw me and we stared into each other's eyes. But he had this conflicted look to him. Maybe it was just me. We both walked towards each other and when we reached each other, we reached out for one another.

"Mate" He said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 16.7K 15
Nova Lucas has always been excited about for the day she would meet her mate. Her Prince Charming, her Knight in Shining Armor, her Protector... He'd...
33.9K 1K 77
"I, Alpha Dylan Langley, Alpha of the waterside pack Reject you, Esme West pack member of waterside west to be my mate and Luna" On Esme's 18th birth...
248K 7.2K 21
Nova: Dad always told me, that I would find my love and never let him go. He said, that he would protect me; just like dad to mom until she was kille...
44.6K 1.1K 51
"I, Caden Knight, Alpha of the Mystic Falls Pack, reject you Lily Rose of Silver Moon Pack! From this day forth I release you from our mate bond". L...