One Night Stand

By Queeeenxox

26 year old Alani Harris has just walked away from an eight year relationship with her high school sweetheart... More

Intro
Ch. I
Ch. II
Ch. III
Ch. V
Ch. VI
Ch. VII
Ch. VIII (Pt. I)
IX (Pt. II)
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
Happy Thanksgiving!
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
Book Recommendations 🫢🏽
XXV
πŸŽ„πŸŽ„ MERRY CHRISTMAS!! πŸŽ„πŸŽ„
Life update 🫢🏽🫢🏽

Ch. IV

3.1K 108 67
By Queeeenxox

Aliyah
One month later - July 19, 2022

"Hi daddy!" I said to my dad as I gave him a hug. Once a week, we get together at different restaurants and just spend time together since we're always so busy. I was currently on my lunch break and since he was in the area we decided to go to Olive Garden.

"Hey baby girl, how are you doing?" He asked as he kissed my forehead. I smiled as he pulled my chair out for me and I sat down before he sat across from me.

"I'm good, can't complain. How are you?" I asked him as I picked my menu up.

"I'm good. Your mama getting on my damn nerves." He said as he shook his head. I laughed as I looked up at him.

"Not too much on my mama, dad. What did she do though?" I asked him. Before he could answer, our waiter walked over. He took our order before walking away.

"Talking about she wants to go on vacation to the Bahamas even though we just came back from one. I told her to go sit on the pool chairs in the back yard under the palm trees and make herself a drink so that she could feel like she's in the Bahamas." He said. I laughed as I shook my head.

"Now you see where I get my spoiled ness from. You're saying all this now, but I bet you already have the tickets and the vacation planned and booked." I said. He rolled his eyes.

"That's not the damn point. Whose side are you on?" He asked as he laughed. I shook my head. "Anyways, she told me about you and Kendrick. How are you holding up?" He asked.

"I'm actually doing good dad. I cried about it for a week before my friends took me out and I got over it and him quickly." I said. He nodded.

"You already know I wanna fuck him up, all you gotta do is say the word." He said.

"I know. I know how overprotective you guys are, but I'm good." I said.

"I need to come over and change the locks and upgrade your security system. Let me know when a good time is and I'll come over and do it." He said just as the waiter brought our food out to us. I nodded and we said grace before digging in.

"Thanks for lunch dad." I said as we walked out of the restaurant after he paid. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder as he leaned down to kiss my head.

"No problem. You know I enjoy the time that we spend together." He said as he walked me to my G-wagon. "Are you good? Do you need money or anything? Are all of your bills paid?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yes, everything is on autopay so I don't have to worry about anything. But I don't mind some extra money." I said as held my hand out. He laughed as he reached in his pocket and pulled his wallet out. He counted out five hundred dollar bills and handed it to me.

"Is that enough or do you need more?" He asked. I laughed as I shook my head.

"This is good. Thank you dad, I love you." I said as I hugged him. He nodded as he hugged me back and kissed my forehead.

"I love you more princess, get back to the office safely." He said. I nodded as he hugged me one more time before I got in my car. I started my car up and pulled my phone out to check my messages. I texted in the group chat earlier to see if they wanted to do taco Tuesday at my place tonight so I was checking to see if they texted back.

Yessss. I'll bring the tequila! - Bestie Boo 🤞🏽🩷

I'll bring the appetite 😋 - Xavier 🩵

I laughed and rolled my eyes. He gets on my damn nerves.

I'll be there. Lmk if you need me to bring anything. - Mina 🫶🏽

Thanks y'all, see you later! Mina, can you pick the tacos up for me? I'm gonna order and pay for them when I get back to work, I have to stop by the store before I get home. - Me

Before I put my phone down Mina hearted my message. I exited out of the text thread and scrolled through my music before settling on a song. As I made my way back to work my mind drifted to Marcus. The way he fucked me was like no other and I've been sexually frustrated ever since that night. I bit my lip and shook my head as I focused on the road because my mind was surely about to start having flashbacks of that night.

"Alani, can you go make copies of these packets for orientation?" I heard my mom say from behind me. I paused the YouTube video that I was watching and nodded as she handed them to me. I work as an administrative assistant for my mom. She's the director over the enrollment department at an insurance agency. This isn't my dream job and I technically don't have to work because, I'm not ashamed to admit it, my parents take care of my big bills, like my car note and my mortgage payment every month while I pay the smaller ones. I only work to get out of the house because I know if asked them to pay all of my bills, I know they would without any hesitation. When they offered to do that when they bought my townhouse for me, I knew that was a once in a lifetime offer and I would have been a damn fool to turn it down. Even though they take care of my bills, I don't feel the need to depend on them. If it ever came down to them telling me that they weren't going to be paying my bills anymore, I would be okay because I've been saving my money.

"Yes ma'am. I'm leaving once I get finished." I said to her as I stood up. She nodded as she looked at her watch.

"I am too. They got me fucked up if they think I'm staying here past seven again." She said. I laughed as I started walking to the copy machine and she walked with me. "How was lunch with your big head ass dad?" She asked. I laughed as I rolled my eyes.

"Not too much on my daddy, mama. But it was good. He told me about how you wanna take a vacation to the Bahamas." I said as I took the staples out of the packet before putting it in the copy machine. I fixed the settings so that it could copy the front and back before pressing the start button.

"I did, and his ass gonna tell me to go in the backyard and make it seem like I'm on vacation. Chile I cussed him out from head to toe and went to sleep." She said. I laughed. "Anyways. You can bring those to my office when you get finished. I have something I need to go finish up before I get out of here." I nodded as she walked away. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and saw that it was going on 5:30 so I needed to hurry up and get out of here.

Once I finished making the copies I stapled them before taking them to my mom. I grabbed my things from my desk and shut my computer down and made my way out of the office. "Good night ladies." I said to my coworkers as I walked by their desks.

"Good night Lani." One of them replied. I made it outside and quickly got in my car. I stopped by the gas station by the job before making my way to the Publix that's close to my house. I parked and got out and made my way inside. I stopped by the bakery and grabbed two dozens of glazed donuts because I was craving them so bad. I then walked over to the produce section and stocked up on some apples, bananas, celery, kale, blueberries, and strawberries. As I made my way around the corner to go to the water aisle I bumped into another cart.

"I'm so sorry." I said as I looked up and my breath got caught in my throat. What are the odds that I run into Marcus after thinking about him earlier?

"You're good mama. That was my fault though, I wasn't even paying attention to where I was going." He said as he laughed. I nodded as I laughed softly. "How have you been?" He asked.

"Good, how about you? And thanks for that breakfast that next morning. I didn't eat until around three something but it hit the spot." I said as I laughed. He laughed and nodded.

"No problem. Like I said it was the least I could do." He said. I nodded as it fell silent between us. I knew I had to go because my friends would be at my house soon but I knew I couldn't walk away without getting his number because I'm gonna need a repeat of that night and I'm gonna need it soon.

"I have to go. But do you think I could get your number?" He asked. I smiled as I nodded. There is a God and I'm giving him all of the praise for this very moment right here!

"Of course." I said as I took my phone out of my purse and handed it to him just as he handed me his. I quickly put my name and number in before handing it back to him. "I'll talk to you later." I said. He nodded as he looked me over.

"See you later." He said. I smirked as I nodded before we walked away from each other. I smiled to myself as I continued on with my shopping, I'm definitely going to be using his number in the near future.

"Hey bestie!" Delilah said when I answered the door. I gave her a hug and let her in as she carried a few bags in.

"Hey love bug." I said as I closed the door behind her and locked it.

"Bitch you still need to spill the tea about what happened that night we took you out. We didn't hear from you until three the next afternoon." She said. I laughed and nodded as she took everything out of the bag and started getting our glasses set up.

"I will once the other two get here." I said. "But bestie between me and you, the dick was good enough to make my ass act crazy if he was my man." I said. She laughed as she looked at me.

"It was that good?" She asked.

"Bitch, you remember how late I slept in!" I said to her. She laughed as she nodded.

"You right. That's the type of dick you need to stay away from, but at the same time you can't help but to want to go back for more." She explained. I nodded.

"Facts. I've never been dickmatized before but I love it here." I said as I smiled.  She laughed as she shook her head. Before she could reply I heard the doorbell ring. I got up and went to answer it and saw Mina and Xavier. "Hey guys. Thanks so much Mina." I smiled as they walked in.

"You're welcome boo. The taco place was by my house anyway so it wasn't like it was out of the way or anything." She said as she put the tray on the coffee table since we were going to be eating in the living room. I went back in the kitchen and grabbed the bottles of tequila and the bowl of limes as Delilah brought the glasses in the living room. We all went to wash our hands before going to sit down.

"So bitch spill. It's been a month since everything happened and we still haven't heard anything." Xavier said as we started eating. I laughed.

"Welllll.. for starters, the guy that you pointed out to me was the guy that I had been looking at all night and vice versa." I said. "But anyways, after Xavier and I danced we went to the bar so that I could get some more liquor in my system so that I could go and talk to him. I went over, I asked him to dance, he told me that he didn't dance so I offered to dance for him, he said yes, I danced for him, we came back to my place and I'm going to leave the rest to your imaginations." I told a long story short. They kissed their teeth.

"Girl we want details." Xavier said. I laughed and shook my head.

"I don't kiss and tell. Let's just say.." I paused as I thought about what exactly it was I wanted to say. "Let's just say that I was walking with a limp for a few days, I had bruises covering my thighs, waist and neck, and I had to soak in a bubble bath with epsom salt the next day." I explained.

"Oh my girl got that devil dick. He was on demon time that night." Delilah said as we laughed. I thought about it and nodded.

"Bitch, basically!" I laughed. "But y'all, when I tell y'all I had a time that night." I said as I shook my head.

"Well I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. Did it help with what we were trying to do?" Mina asked. I nodded.

"It damn sure did. Dick had me like "what was I even in my feelings about?"" I said. They fell out laughing and I shook my head as I laughed too. "Y'all I'm so serious. But tell me why after we left the club when we got to my house, Kendrick was sitting on my porch. Then he had the nerve to try to say that I've been fucking him all along and that I was cheating on him." I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Lani please let me fuck him up." Delilah said to me.

"It's fine. My parents are going to upgrade my security system and change my locks and everything. I'll be okay." I said to her. She didn't look like she believed me but she nodded anyways.

"Well, I'm glad you had a successful night that night. Let's make a toast to Lani for getting real dick." Delilah said. I rolled my eyes and laughed as we picked our glasses up and clinked them together before putting them to our lips. I don't know why, but the smell wasn't sitting right with my stomach and I got up and dashed to the bathroom. As soon as I made it inside I started emptying the contents in my stomach. I'm not too surprised at that because I don't care for tequila much anyways, I usually only drink it when we have taco Tuesday. I finished throwing up and flushed the toilet before washing my hands and brushing my teeth. I swished some mouthwash around before spitting it out and wiping my face.

"You good?" Xavier asked me as I walked back to the living room. I nodded as I put my hair up in a bun.

"Yeah. Y'all know I don't care for tequila like that." I said as I sat back down.

"I shouldn't even be drinking while I'm on my period because it doesn't do anything but make me horny as hell, but I'm always down for tequila and tacos so there's that." Mina said. They all laughed and I swear I felt my heart drop to my stomach. "You okay Lani?" Mina asked. I got back up and jogged up the stairs to my room to grab my phone. I went into my calendar to see what day it was and I cursed under my breath.

"Fuck." I whispered as my eyes started watering. This has to be a fucking dream.

"Alani, what's wrong?" I heard Delilah ask from behind me. I turned around to see all three of them standing in my doorway staring at me. "What's wrong?" She asked as she rushed over to me and wrapped her arms around me.

"My period is late." I said as the tears fell. "I might be pregnant and it could be either Kendrick's or the guy from the club." I said. She nodded as she wiped my tears.

"It's okay, we're here for you. We're gonna figure this out. We need to go and buy you some pregnancy tests first." She said. I nodded as I slipped on a pair of sandals and grabbed my wallet and keys from my purse.

"Alright. Let's go so that I can get this out of the way." I said. They nodded and followed me out of my room. We went downstairs and walked out the front door. I locked the door and we walked over to Delilah's car. I got in the front seat and leaned my head on the window.

"What are you gonna do if you are?" Mina asked as she reached up and rubbed my shoulder.

"I'm keeping it for sure, no questions asked. But if these tests say that I'm positive, then I'm going to schedule an appointment with my OB and get my due date, and then I'll know whose it is by the date." I said.

"Let's just try to calculate it now. When was the last time you slept with Kendrick?" Xavier asked. I thought back on it.

"Uh, either June first or second. The last time I got my period was June third, so it was right before that. I slept with the guy from the club on the 17th." I said as Delilah pulled into the Walgreens parking lot. She parked and I got out and made my way inside. I quickly found the aisle with the pregnancy tests and I bought three boxes. I paid and jogged back to her car. "Girl, floor it." I said to her. They laughed as she nodded and peeled out of the parking lot. We quickly got back to my house and I hopped out of the car and made my way inside my house. I went straight to the guest bathroom downstairs and handled my business. I put the tests on a napkin and sat them on the counter. I washed my hands and walked out to the living room.

"How long do you have to wait?" Mina asked as I sat next to her on the couch and laid my head on her shoulder.

"I think it said like three to five minutes." I mumbled as she nodded.

"Well like Delilah said earlier, we're here for you and we're gonna figure this out with you." She said. I nodded.

"I appreciate you guys." I said as I closed my eyes. It was silent for a couple of minutes before Xavier opened his mouth.

"It's been five minutes." He said. My heart started racing as I nodded and stood up.

"I took six tests so hopefully they're all negative." I said as I walked to the bathroom. I took a deep breath before walking in. I looked down at the tests and my stomach dropped as I immediately started crying.

"What do they say?" Delilah asked softly as she walked over to me. She wrapped her arm around me and looked down. "It's okay bestie." She said as she hugged me.

"How could I be so stupid and wreckless? I swear I used a condom with both of them!" I said to her. She nodded as she wiped my tears.

"Things happen love. The condom could have broke, the possibilities are endless." She said. "But we are here for you. Just remember that. Whatever you decide to do, we're gonna be right there with you." She said. I nodded as she finished wiping my tears.

"I'm gonna text my cousin to see if I can get a last minute appointment with my doctor tomorrow. Can you come with me?" I asked her. She nodded without hesitation.

"You don't even have to ask, you should already know that I would be right there with you." She said.

"Thank you bestie, I love you so much." I said as I hugged her. She nodded as she hugged me back.

"I love you more Lani, I got you forever." She said.

"Okay, let's go tell them the bad news." I said. She laughed as she gently slapped my arm.

"You're so silly." She said. I threw the tests away and washed my hands before we walked out of the bathroom.

"So, are we having a baby?" Xavier asked. I sat down and nodded.

"It's a possibility. Something inside of me doesn't believe those damn tests." I said. They laughed as I pulled my phone out and texted my cousin and asked her if she can squeeze me in tomorrow with my OB because it was an emergency. She said yes so I texted my mom to let her know that I would be in late for work.

"I don't know sis, six tests were positive. I think you might be." Xavier said. I laughed.

"Well I think they're wrong. We'll see tomorrow." I said.

I felt my phone vibrate on my lap. I looked down at it to see that Marcus had texted me. I bit my lip as I unlocked my phone and read his message.

Wassup mama? - Marcus

I crossed my legs as I tuned out the conversation at hand and texted him back.

Sitting and talking to my friends, we just finished eating tacos lol. Wyd? - Me

"We're gonna get out of here boo. Thanks for tonight, and keep us informed on what the doctor says." Mina said as they all stood up and helped me clean up before I walked them to the door and gave each of them a hug.

"I will. Get home safely." I said to them. Mina and Xavier nodded as Delilah stayed back.

"I'll meet you there tomorrow." She said. I nodded as I hugged her.

"Thank you, see you tomorrow." I said to her. She smiled and walked off of my porch and I closed and locked the door. I sighed as I grabbed my phone and went upstairs to my room. I put it on the charger and laid down and before I knew it I had dozed off.

So this chapter wasn't too eventful, but it's the beginning of all of the chaos to come. The first half of the next chapter will be in Marcus' POV and the second half will be in Alani's POV. That chapter probably won't be up for another week or two, my other book is almost finished so I wanna go ahead and get that one out of the way so that I can put my focus on this one. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. 🩷

Lmk your predictions for the next chapter!

- Bri 💋✨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.2K 1.4K 31
After enduring years of abuse, Ali finally had enough. She packed everything she could and left her ex to start a new life with her four-year-old son...
374K 8.7K 41
What do you do when your boyfriend of two years cheats on you and gets caught at junior prom, in front of the whole school? You grieve, you suffer, a...
899 71 17
Fletcher Pierce- Athlete, high school heart throb, basically Channing Tatum in teenage boy form. He plays football and runs track, and he's stylish...
32.4K 1.1K 49
Annie Winston , a 23 year old sweet, innocent and a smart girl who has been having issues in her life. She believes true love doesn't exist anymore...