A Feudal Love [Koga X OC] Boo...

By CJ0340

"Happy birthday Kagome!" Hikari Okami was always interested in wolves since a young age. Little did she know... More

A/N
1
2
3
4
5
6
A/N
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
A/N
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35-
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
53
54
A/N [New Book!?]

52

119 5 0
By CJ0340

Welcome back my darling readers to another chapter! I hope you all enjoy, now let's get this show on the road already!

»»---------------------►

It's been three whole days since Okami came back to the present day. Kagome has tried to talk her best friend into coming back to the other side and has attempted to explain what happened that night, but she would just brush her off and walk away before she could get a word in. She was stubborn, always has been and always will be, so this didn't come as a surprise to Kagome. The female eventually left her alone to give her time to think things over on her own and decide for herself if she'd ever go back to the feudal era again. Over the course of the three days that she has been back Okami has taken the opportunity to move in with and explain her entire situation to Ozu from the beginning. It felt nice for Okami to finally have someone to confide in other than Kagome since she knew she wouldn't always be able to go to her for help.

As of now the two friends were in class together, with Okami trying to keep track of her notes. All the female could think about was how she acted back on the other side of the well. She had never treated Koga that harshly nor did he understand why she was upset, maybe it was her who was overreacting? Does he hate her for it now? It hurt to think about but it might just be what she deserved in her mind. 'But he was flirting with my best friend right in front of me, like what we have is worth nothing to him! Wait a minute... What do we have? He established quite clearly before that he only has interest in Kagome-chan and I told him he could go for it. As far as he's concerned we are nothing... Why do I even care if we are something more? All I care about are my friends' happiness. Both Koga-kun and Kagome-chan are my friends right? So why do I feel so jealous when I see them together?' She asked herself. At this point she just didn't know what was going on in her head. Subconsciously she had an idea of what she was feeling, but she didn't even want to admit to the thought of her feeling such things.

Then saved by the bell took on a whole new meaning when her thoughts were disrupted by the final school bell of the day ringing in her ears. The raven haired female sighed in relief and stood up, walking out of the room before any of her friends could get close to her. Yuka, Eri, and Ayumi turned to Kagome instantly since they all knew that she was the closest one of them to her, assuming that she knew what was going on. The girl in question finally looked away from the door that her friend just left out of, swinging her book bag over her shoulders as she quickly responded to her friends' stares. "Boy troubles."

"What? Did her bad boy ditch her or something?" Yuka asked sarcastically.

"Well it's a long story. He's in love with both Okami-chan and I... He just can't decide who he wants more." She said as she headed towards the door to follow after her friend.

"What!? So you mean you're getting with your best friend's man!?" All three of her friends in the room with her exclaimed in shock.

"Huh? That's not what I said at all! I'm with someone else remember? He just thinks he can steal me away from who I'm with, and since he also cares for Okami-chan, he's been trying to win her over as well. She's just upset that he flirts with me right in front of her instead of just making a decision already. Now I've gotta go talk to her so I'll see you guys later, okay?" She asked as she ran out the door before any of them could reply. Okami, however, was on her way out of the school by that time. As she walked towards the front gates to the school she was stopped by the one and only blonde bastard himself.

"Hey Okami-chan! What's got you in such a hurry to get home? Do you want me to escort you incase you get into trouble? I mean you don't have Kagome-chan with you this time so I would hate for you to head home by yourself." Hana said as she rolled her eyes.

"Now is not a good time for you to try and make moves on me Hana-kun. I'm not in the best mood and I just want to go home and be alone for a while. I can handle myself so don't you worry your pretty little empty head about me, okay?" She smirked when he realized that she had just insulted him. He began pouting and pleading with her.

"C'mon Okami-chan, why do you always have to be so mean to me? Just let me walk you home this once? I promise I won't try anything, honest!" He said, holding her up long enough for Kagome to finally get outside the school. She could clearly see them talking in the distance and wanted to take the opportunity while she was distracted to catch up to and talk with her. Before she could even take a single step towards her, however, Hojo stopped her with his own ramblings. Kagome ignored him as she looked over his shoulder to find that Okami had seemingly had enough of Hana's shenanigans and pushed past him before walking off campus and towards her home. She sighed and excused herself from her conversation with Hojo as she ran off after her best friend.

»»---------------------►

As she went through the crowds of people in an effort to find Okami, she noticed a certain white haired mongrel sniffing the sidewalk for her scent. "Inuyasha-kun! What are you doing here!?" She exclaimed, lucky for her he remembered to wear a hat to cover his ears out in public. Inuyasha perked up when he heard her voice and finally stood straight up with a small smirk.

"Hey Kagome-chan, what's up?" He asked and she narrowed her eyes at him in response.

"My question first. What are you doing out here?" She questioned.

"You said you were going to get Okami-chan three days ago! You didn't come back and I got sick and tired of waiting for you both. I came here to get you and that wolf pup back to our era even if I have to drag you both there myself." He stated as she sighed. She knew there was no point in arguing with him over this since he would be too stubborn to listen to her and so when he crouched before her she didn't hesitate to climb into his back. The two then took off towards Ozu and Okami's apartment. Speaking of, Okami had finally reached her apartment by this time, taking shortcuts and using her powers in discrete. The female opened the door and stepped inside, closing the door by pressing her back against it and sliding down to the floor with a groan, sneezing a bit as she did.  'Is someone... talking about me or something?'

"I'm home!" The teenager called out and from the kitchen of the apartment popped out the bubbly woman she just so happened to be living with now.

"Okami-chan, I'm so glad you're home! I just made finished up with our dinner and- Huh? What's with that look? You seem sad dear." Ozu said as she knelt in front of her. She smiled softly at the teen.

"Is it about Kagome-chan and that Koga-san guy you told me about? I know he flirted with her, but she's your best friend. You can't avoid them both forever you know. No matter which era you end up staying in you're always going to be reminded of them and what they meant to you." Ozu explained you her.

"I know that... I just- I can't bear to see them now. I want to at least try to forget them and move on with my life here with you Ozu-san. That era may have been where I was born, but I was raised here for a majority of my life and it is only right that I stop distracting myself there and come back to this reality. I have school here and a lot of things I'm missing out on because I've been so determined to figure out who I am and to avenge my real parents... But the more I think about it I haven't been much of a help and I don't feel like I belong there, at least not anymore." Okami said as her guardian stood up straight and pulled her child up by the arm with great enthusiasm.

"Okami-chan, ever since I've met you you've never truly belonged anywhere. I saw it in your eyes from the beginning. You always have been the outcast because you don't know where you fit in. In the world of demons you don't fit in because you're half human and in the world of humans you don't fit in because you're half demon. I'm sure that Inuyasha-kun boy felt the same way, but from what you've told me, you've both found an amazing group of people that will accept you for who you are. All of this started because you saw Koga-kun flirt with your best friend, and you think it's too difficult to coexist in that era if you're constantly pained by that fact and reminded of it all the time, right?" Ozu asked as she dragged the girl to the dinner table, taking her backpack and hanging it on a white kitchen chair.

"Yeah, and what about it?" She replied as the older woman sat her down before moving to sit across from her.

"Well I asked because I wanted to know if giving up on all of the progress you've made over there is worth a bit of flirting? Besides you said before that you just want him to be happy right? You know he can't decide between you two overnight so why not go back and focus on making him happy, not in who he chooses to flirt with? Then when he makes his decision you can start thinking about those feelings and what to do with them." The woman beamed at the schoolgirl before digging into the meal she had prepared for both of them. It was mostly made up of dumpling themed dishes, which were of course Okami's favorite. Said teen sighed before smiling slightly.

"Maybe you're right, but give me a bit to think about it okay? Also did you prepare this stuff because you knew I was going to come home in a bad mood?" She asked as Ozu nodded with a giddy grin.

"Mhm~ When my Okami-chan feels down I can always tell so I took my time to prepare what I could for you. Seeing that happy expression when I do makes it all worth it." She explained as she remembered the times she would make this stuff for her when she was younger, she always was this way even in childhood, make her favorite food for her and it eased her mind almost entirely. It was a foolproof method that worked practically every time.

"Thank you, for everything Ozu-san."

"No need to thank me. It's my job to look after you now. Now dig in before it gets cold!"

"R-Right!" Okami listened to her guardian and began to eat up what was on the plate in front of her. The two females chatted about Ozu's day in the complex and what not until they heard a knock on the door.

»»---------------------►

"Hm? Now who could that be?" Ozu pondered as the half demon's ears and tail appeared on her body. Her guardian jumped slightly when she saw her transform before her eyes.

"I know you showed me this once before when we first moved in together, but I don't know how I'll ever get used to it." The middle aged woman spoke as her adoptive child smirked and sniffed the air in the direction of the door. Her ears peeking up when she overheard two all too familiar voices arguing with one another at the door. 'Even now they can't help but argue...' She thought before reverting back to her human form.

"Huh, why'd you change back so quick?" Ozu asked curiously.

"Because my nose and ears in that form are sensitive and I recognized a certain stench off mutt as well as an annoying voice to match it coming from over by the door. I don't doubt that's Inubaka and Kagome-chan coming to try and take me back to that era. Do you mind telling them I don't want to talk to them right now for me?" The raven haired female asked and Ozu smiled softly before nodding, allowing Okami to get up from the table and wash the dishes for her while she got the door. The bright woman reached the door and opened it to see the two Okami spoke of mid-argument. Once the two noticed the woman standing there they dusted themselves off and crossed their arms as they took their attention off of one another.

"Kagome-chan, wonderful to see you again! Long time, no see! Ah, and you must be Inuyasha-kun, is that correct?" The cheerful woman asked as the schoolgirl in front of her nodded.

"Hiya Ozu-san!" Kagome exclaimed as Inuyasha raised a suspicious eyebrow at her.

"Hah? How did you know my name?" He asked and Ozu smiled softly.

"Okami-chan has told me a bit about you. Speaking of which she wanted me to relay a message to you both. Though it hurts me to say, she sadly doesn't want to see either of you right now. She wants more time to think." She tried to explain to them, but of course like the woman had heard from her adoptive child, Inuyasha was a stubborn one. He wasn't going to take no for an answer and she could see it plain as day on his face.

"I'm sorry, but we just don't have any more time to wait for her. Please... let us speak with her for just a couple minutes." He pleaded, shocking the females before him. He never acted this polite with someone he has never met before. Kagome smiles at him once she realized that he was doing it for Okami's sake because he cared about her. Ozu looked between the two knowing they both wouldn't just go home after that and sighed to herself as she weighed her options.

"Okami-chan is going to be really mad at me for this, but fine. You both have ten minutes okay?" She said as she opened the door a little wider for them.

"Great, thanks Ozu-san!" Kagome exclaimed as Ozu stepped aside and allowed the two into the apartment. Inuyasha sniffed the air and his eyebrow twitched.

"That wolf pup's stench is all over this place... Let's get her and go quickly before I pass out." He said as he continued into the kitchen where Okami was nowhere to be found.

"She must've finished washing the dishes and headed to her room to do some homework. She did mention that she had a test coming up that she needed to study for." Ozu said from behind them. Both of them looked at each other and nodded before heading off towards the bedrooms of the apartment. A two bedroom apartment is simple to navigate so it wasn't hard for them to figure out where it was. Especially when Okami had a special wolf themed nameplate on her door with her name on it. 'Ozu must've gotten her that as a gift considering how much Okami loves wolves and the culture around them.' Kagome thought as the half demon next to her didn't waste a second of time to kick the door open and burst into her room.

Okami gasped in shock as she looked up from her homework. She was studying on her bed up until they came in. "Damn it you mutt! Don't you know how to knock? What're you two even doing here? I thought I told Ozu-san to tell you to leave me alone." She exclaimed as she stood up and faced them.

"We came here to take your scrawny ass back through the well! You've been gone for three days now!" Inuyasha yelled back as irk marks appeared on both of their heads and they began growling at one another. Kagome stepped in between them quickly and told him to back down and let her handle this.

"Okami-chan listen, I know you're mad at Koga-kun and I, and I'm so sorry for hurting you like that.... But you don't know the full story of what happened that night either." She began as her friend raised an eyebrow at her before replying.

"What are you on about?"

"After we evacuated the villagers to a safer area we all saw the great panther demon was resurrected. We didn't know how that happened considering there needed to be a live sacrifice. Koga-kun realized that you were still fighting back there possibly by yourself or possibly became a sacrifice by then so he got worried about you. His face was full of fear for your safety, but he still stood down despite his promise to protect you because you told him to watch over me instead, and he told me it was because he had faith in you and your abilities. He said he knew you'd come back to him safely... He was there hoping that you were still alive, he didn't even give me an ounce of his attention because he was so preoccupied by his thoughts about you, Amber-chan." Kagome explained as she grabbed both of her best friend's hands in her own. She smiled at her as Okami's eyes widened at the use of her age old nickname. The schoolgirl never used that name on her unless it was something serious so she knew this wasn't any sort of lie to make her feel better.

"You mean that? I had no idea..." She trailed off as a faint blush appeared on her cheeks.

"Please come back with us Okami-chan." Kagome said as Okami slowly pulled her hands out of her friend's grip.

"I don't know... I don't think I can face him again after that. He probably hates me for going off on him like that over a little bit of flirting..." The amber eyed female said as she rubbed the back of her neck nervously. Inuyasha at this point was sick and tired of her attitude towards the situation and rolled his eyes as he stepped in front of Kagome.

"Okami-chan, just agree and come back with us already! You know that Shippo-kun will miss you if you don't and we'll have one less fighter on our side in the fight against Naraku-san. I thought you wanted to avenge your parents." The half breed uttered in an attempt to convince her.

"I do but I-" She began only to be cut off by the silver haired male.

"No buts! You promised to avenge your parents and that's exactly what you're going to do! Besides you and Kagome-chan promised to help me collect all of the jewel shards when we first met remember? That's how this whole journey of ours started, so if you don't come back you'll be breaking your word!" He exclaimed, using her promises to his advantage since he knew she took them rather seriously, he eyes widening at him.

"Inuyasha-kun..." Okami spoke, a little touched by his kind gestures.

"And that's not even the worst of it all! Since you've left, all that pesky wolf and his men have done is stay at Kaede-san's village and mope around waiting for you to return! They're worried about you too, and they even helped out around the village to make up for how he made you feel! I swear I can't take the stench of wolves any longer, the only wolf stench I'm willing to put up with is yours so if you don't come back I'll be stuck with that idiot for the rest of my days until he finally decides to give up on you!" He finished yelling at her as she fell dead silent.

"Inuyasha-kun! I think you overdid it with all of that shouting, were in an apartment complex remember!" Kagome said from behind him as the jet black haired girl just started laughing. Now both of them were shocked and confused.

"You two are something else! I expected Kagome-chan to try and cheer me up, but I never thought Inu-Idiot of all people would try to make me feel better! He even gave me a sort of compliment too, unbelievable!" She continued laughing, clutching her stomach as Inuyasha turned almost as red as his kimono and scoffed.

"I was not! I was only trying to get you to come back because I hate the wolf stench and I don't wanna hear Shippo-kun cry over you is all!" He yelled as Okami calmed down and wiped away some tears from laughing so hard.

"Even so, I'm glad you did, it definitely lifted my spirits. It also made me realize a couple of things so I might as well thank you both for knocking some sense into me." She explained with a heartfelt smile, a small blush dusting her cheeks. The white haired half demon just ruffled the female's hair up before turning on his heel and leaving the room as he called over his shoulder at the girls.

"No problem wolf pup... I'll be waiting outside for you two so pack up what you need and let's get going!" He muttered the first part under his breath as he left the apartment in embarrassment at his own display of friendliness. Kagome and Okami looked at each other before laughing lightly and hugging each other. The two caught up as Okami began packing up for her trip back to the feudal era.

»»---------------------►

Eventually the trio made it to the well that they all came to know as their mode of transportation between the eras. The three of them didn't waste time jumping into the well and falling to the ground on the other side of the well. They all looked up and noticed that by now the sun was beginning to set in the sky. Okami took in the fresh air of her homeland and realized just how much she actually missed this place. Kagome hopped onto Inuyasha's back and both him and Okami jumped out of the well, landing safely on the grass around it. They all glanced over to a whirlwind coming towards them at full speed. The three watched as Koga himself appeared from within said whirlwind. Kagome and Inuyasha decided to give the two some alone time and quietly made their exit as the two wolves stared each other down, not knowing what to say.

"Koga-kun... Were you really waiting for me this whole time?" She asked him as she dropped her backpack at her feet. He slowly nodded at her in return.

"Is that really you Okami-chan, or am I dreaming again?" The ocean eyed man asked in return and she smiled softly at him.

"It's really me, and I'm sorry if I worried you. I shouldn't have done that. The truth is I tried to leave this era and forget you all. I thought it would be best if I stopped distracting you from your goals. I tried to rid myself of thoughts of you and I tried to go back to my everyday life before I came here, but... No matter what I could never stop myself from thinking of you, I can't bring myself to forget about the times we shared, I just can't." She explained to him as the wind blew through their hair. He looked at her intensely for a moment, an odd look in his eyes.

"Huh? What's wrong? Was it something I said?-" Just then Okami was interrupted mid-sentence by Koga rushing over to her and pulling her into his chest, hugging her tightly like if he were to let go, she would leave him again. The dark haired female gasped softly before blushing and hugging him back.

"You scared the living hell outta me by being gone for so long! Those three days felt like three years and for a moment I thought you weren't going to come back at all! I waited for you to come back because I knew I needed to see you again and make things right. Please, don't ever scare me like that again... I don't know what I'd do if were to lose you." He told her as Okami rested her head against his chest.

"I had no idea you felt that way... I'm so sorry." She apologized for scaring him so much.

"You shouldn't be sorry, I should be sorry for flirting with your best friend right in front of you. I just... Can't decide right now and-" He started and she shook her head as she cut his speech off.

"No need to continue. I already know you won't be able to make a decision like that so easily. It's okay... I told you before that I just want you to be happy, and I still stand by that. So from now on I'm going to try my hardest to focus on your happiness. I'll continue to support you in whatever way I can no matter what happens next." The jet black haired woman smiled softly at him.

"Really? You mean that? Does that mean you'll keep coming back to this era, and I can still visit you?" He asked her with his eyes full of anticipation as he pulled away slightly to look her in her eyes. She nodded at him with a hum of approval.

"Absolutely. After all I still have to take care of the others and avenge my parents as well as our fellow wolf demons. I can't leave my work here unfinished like that." She stated and the two smiled brightly at each other. It was silent for a minute and the two seemed to be getting lost in the other's eyes. Okami noticed that Koga seemed to be leaning closer to her and her blush darkened when she realized just how close they were. Just then...

"Okami-chan!"

"Big Sis!"

"Ah!?" The two exclaimed and they jumped away from one another with bright blushes on their faces as Shippo, Ginta, and Hakkaku ran up to Okami and gave her a group hug, crying crocodile tears as the went on about how they missed her. She just chuckled at their childish behavior before they noticed the large blushes on the pair's faces.

"Huh? Did we interrupt something?" The three asked in unison as the two shook their heads no rapidly. Okami managed to get out of their grip and put her backpack on again as her fox demon companion took his usual spot on her shoulder.

"Well I can't stay for long. Kagome-chan and I have a test coming soon that we can't miss, but I just wanted to drop by and say hello as well as drop off my belongings that I need over here before leaving again. I won't be gone for long this time." She explained to them as they all sulked a bit at her words. They all agreed to start heading towards Kaede's hut for the time being, Ginta and Hakkaku taking their chance to lead the way a couple steps ahead of them as Okami and Koga followed side by side. Sneakily the wolf demon tribe leader caught a hold of the hand of the half demon next to him and interlocked their fingers as they walked along the dirt path in front of them. She blushed and glanced over at him as he smirked and winked at her. The female rolled her eyes at his behavior as Shippo looked down at their hands from his perch on her shoulder, smiling happily because he was proud of both of them for actually starting to accept some of their feelings for one another.

'Koga-kun, as silly as it may sound, I want to see you happy. I want you to feel compassion and see others as equals... I have no idea what the future holds for us, but no matter who you choose, I'll always return so I can see you again.' Okami thought to herself as they continued their way towards the village where the others awaited their return.

»»---------------------►

That's the end of this chapter, sorry if it's a little disappointing, I've been sort of distracted while writing this chapter due to my father passing away recently. So if this is seems a bit off, it's because I felt a bit off while writing most of it. Anyway next chapter will be the late birthday chapter and then we'll continue on with the main story! Cya next chapter~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 49 29
Her journey begins when both Kagome and her fall down the well, landing in the Feudal Era of Japan. Of course, the two have no clue of why they ended...
278K 8.7K 74
Mitsuki Higurashi was adopted by the Higurashi family when she was young. Years have passed and she's been happy. But what happens when a centipede m...
45.8K 1.2K 55
Three years have passed ever since Naraku's defeat and the disappearance of the shikon jewel, Kagome was separated from Inuyasha and her friends fro...
246K 5.7K 38
ReWriting you are just a normal girl, you ended up running away because your family well step family was forcing you to marry this man you haven't ev...