The Nomu (Child Reader x MHA)

By Hayshi7107

Name Y/N L/N You have been all alone for many years in an abandomed underground testing facility. Until one p... More

Chapter 1 Darkness...
Chapter 2 Shopping
Chapter 3 Something Illegal!
Chapter 4 Investigation
Chapter 5 Busted
Chapter 6 Interrogation
Chapter 7 A Small Visiter
Chapter 8 Back To School!
Chapter 9 New home
Chapter 10 Hanging out with new friends
Chapter 11 Class 1-A
Chapter 12 Change in plans
Chapter 13 The Same Suffering
Chapter 14 Not a Bystander
Chapter 15 The Promise
Chapter 16 Brainless
Chapter 17 A difficult situation
MHA Special! (Part 1)
Y/N Facts
Chapter 18 Freedom?
Chapter 19 Welcome Home!
Chapter 20 UA Tour!
Chapter 21 Anger and Questions
Chapter 21/5 Anger and Questions (Part 2)
A/N's Note
Chapter 22 Let It Flow! School Festival!
Chapter 23 Small Visits and Training
Chapter 24 Emergency Drill (Part 1)
Chapter 25 Emergency Drill (Part 2)
Chapter 26 Emergency Drill (Part 3)
Chapter 27 Late Nights
Chapter 28 Joint training with Class B
Chapter 29 Class Brawl
MHA Heroes Rising book
MHA Special (Part 2)
Chapter 29 Class Brawl (Part 2)
Chapter 30 Thank you!
Chapter 31 Rewind?
Chapter 32 Snowball Fight!
Chapter 33 Merry Christmas!
Chapter 34 Quirk Apprehension Test
Chapter 35 Underground
Chapter 36 Problems Arise
MHA Special (Part 3)
Chapter 37 The Offer
Chapter 38 The League of Villains
Chapter 39 The Golden Pocket Watch
Chapter 40 Personal Outing
Chapter 41 Doctor Who?
Chapter 42 Something Illegal...again.
Chapter 43 Round 2!
Chapter 44 Vigilante Mode
Chapter 45 Death's Whistle
I'm opening a Q/A!
Chapter 46 The Meta Liberation Army
Chapter 47 The Interview
Chapter 48 The One Man Army
Chapter 49 Liberation Army vs LOV
Chapter 50 In Every Darkness, Light Shines
Chapter 51 Doctor's Appointment
Chapter 52 The Paranormal Liberation Front
Chapter 53 The Plan
Chapter 54 Attack of the Phantoms
Chapter 55 The Raid
MHA Special (Part 4)
MHA Special (Part 5)
Chapter 56 Disaster Grows
Chapter 57 Battle for the Throne
Chapter 58 A 'Bigger' Problem
Chapter 59 Chaos Ensures!
Chapter 60 Grim Situation
Chapter 61 Walking Siren
Chapter 62 Gym Hangout
Chapter 63 Strength in Teamwork
Chapter 64 Wanted
Chapter 65 The Human Sniper
Chapter 66 Lone Stars
Chapter 67 Round 3
Chapter 68 Our Hero Academia
Chapter 69 Home Sweet Home
Chapter 70 Random Shenanigans
Chapter 71 Restricted
Chapter 72 Oboro Shirakumo
Chapter 73 A Deal With The Devil
Another Book...
Chapter 75 Little Hero
One Shot - Training Camp
One Shot - Training Camp (Part 2)
One Shot - Training Camp (Part 3)

Chapter 74 Tales Of The Underground

271 7 7
By Hayshi7107

I can't really leave you guys alone can I? While I like the other book, I really gotta give some of you readers some satisfaction on this book. Besides, no update equals a boring book...

Here's something that happened a while back!

2 years ago...

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" One of the teenagers asked, worryingly.

The boy laughed, "Of course! I mean, who else would be in a secret underground facility?"

"Why did I agree to this?"

"You didn't, you lost the bet." He turned towards his other 3 friends, "Go on, tell her."

"All you gotta do, is go into the place, and bring-"

"Back something interesting, got it." She gave a lazy thumbs up. "Remind me not to gamble in the future."

"You're an addict, Keiko. It's your fault."

"Shut up!"

When she gambled for her life, Keiko did not expect or even see the consequences of her actions. She and her 4 friends are standing in what could be an unknown research facility. The place was a mess, cracks on the walls, dusty halls, she didn't even want to know where the horrible smell was coming from.

She's equipped with a flashlight, and a knife for self defence. Although having a weapon did not make her feel any safer. She had no experience in defending herself from anything, mostly because she didn't feel the need to since nothing ever goes wrong.

Now, she wished she agreed on taking those karate lessons.

"You'll be fine." said Yamato, placing his hand on her shoulder. "If anything happens, scream and we'll come running!"

"Can we do this like, another time?"

"Nope! Too late for that!" Her friend lightly punches her arm. "Besides, you know what they always say, face your fears!"

"I hate you, Ema."

"Love you, Keiko!"

She groaned, before turning on her flashlight and walked down stairs. Her friends waved goodbye at the entrance as she disappeared nervously around the corner at the end. They stood there for a few moments in silence.

.

.

.

"So, what do you guys wanna do?"

"I dunno, wanna make out?"

"NO?!!"

_____________

Tonight was one of those nights.

The room you're currently in was a mess, scratched walls, holes in the walls, broken furniture. The light on the ceiling was flashing, letting out a lightning-like effect in this horrible place.

You stood there, tentacles sprouting from your back, sharp long metal like claws from your hands. You were breathing heavily, but you couldn't feel anything. You hated it, you hated everything, you hated All For One. You couldn't understand why.

'Why?'

"WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY?!!!" With all your anger, you punched your fist at the wall, creating a hole in it. "WHY IS IT ME?!! WHAT DID I DO?!!!"

You've been a good girl like every parent wanted, greet everyone respectfully, table manners, knock patiently before entering a room, take your dish to the sink, and generally never break any rules. For what reason do you deserve this?

Surely your father must had a Quirk, everyone you saw in your life had a Quirk. There was surely no way that he was Quirkless, right?

You pulled your hand out of the wall and fell onto your hands and knees, letting your tentacles fall down, lying on the floor. Black tears fell from your eyes, running down your cheeks and dripping onto the checkerboard coloured tiles, creating more dark squares than white.

It's been around a year and or so since you've seen your parents. You had no idea where they were, but by All For One's statement, they're both likely already dead. You had no Aunts or Uncles, and your grandparents are living across the country right now, they're too far away to reach out.

It feels so hopeless, you can see after months, nothing about your body has changed. You still have your Web Quirk that fires out of your body, but this new black Morph Quirk has changed you entirely, you should be 12 or 13 years old by now, a young teenager, so why aren't you?

You theorised that your new Quirk can change every part of your body however you like it. You're able to live without lungs, heart, or any vital organs. Of course, your brain is still there, but without it, you'll be knocked unconscious until your cells rebuild it in a matter of hours.

Are you perhaps...immortal?

If that's the case, then you can't die...?

Do you want to die?

Immortality is a pain in the ass. You asked yourself the same question many times, but you continued to resist the urge to attempt it. Besides, you got another problem heading your way.

Your ears twitch as you hear an echo through the halls of the underground. You looked up from your sad life questioning moment and turned towards the door leading outside the room.

Someone is here...

You didn't expect someone to be down here, after all, no one came back after a whole year. In fact, you didn't think anyone would ever think to go down here. All For One sealed the entrance shut, the only way someone could get out of here is by through the vents that goes around the entire underground, connecting all the rooms and halls together.

Your curiosity wanted to know why, it was always a unique thing about you, wanting to know why. So, with curiosity, you walked out the room, peering around the corner.

Light.

A flashlight to be exact.

_______________

There wasn't really anything of interest down in these halls. So far, the only thing that Keiko ever found that would be called 'interesting' was an old book about body functions. But nobody would be interested in that, it's too boring for teenagers, except perhaps nerds.

But she took her chances and took it with her, just in case it was actually worth something.

She turned her flashlight towards a giant hole in the wall, as if something flew right through it.

"That's...not normal." She questioned. Usually places like these often leave many walls intact, or some collapsing onto the ground. But this one had a clean hole right through it, with rubble on the other side.

A broken shelf has been burst apart with its books everywhere on the ground. There was also a broken table, like it had been violently thrown by someone.

"Like a Yeet...?" Keiko slammed her palm into her face with annoyance, "Now's not the time to make a meme that should have died long ago!"

She shone her flashlight down the hallway that was beyond the hole. Seeing that there's another area to explore, she decided to investigate further.

Keiko carefully stepped through the hole, avoiding loose rocks. She then saw more scratch marks on the walls, making her more nervous of what's been there. After all, everyone fears the unknown, anything could happen.

The stink was getting stronger, she covered her mouth with her hand to prevent her from gagging.

"Ew...What is even that smell?!" She would describe it like some sort of dry tomato sauce along with car oil mixed together, along with an old porridge.

She was definitely not looking into that.

Keiko turned to one of the doors in the hallway and opened it up. Inside, there were a bunch of file cabinets all around the walls and a desk, and a chair alone with a working lamp. There were papers and files on the desk, still relatively clear. She walked over and took a glance at the papers.

It seemed that this place used to be some sort of laboratory, and they were conducting research or experiments on different types of Quirks. These files were about different types all together, some even planning on combining them.

'Jackpot!' She thought to herself. Although it was certainly weird that a secret laboratory was somewhere in the middle of a huge city, she shook it off. She found something interesting, that's all she needed to know.

Deciding that she could look around for more information or anything, she went ahead and randomly opened one of the file cabinets.

There was something very odd, there was a file labelled 'Nomu'.

Nomu, from what she can recall, means the term 'brainless'. Looking through that file, it explains how humans are only able to hold at least one Quirk, any more than that would be too much for their brains to handle and they would be stuck in a state where they can't think for themselves, ceasing all brain functions or even death.

From what Keiko has seen, she never saw someone having two Quirks before. She wasn't sure if that was even possible, how could someone have two Quirks if they were born with one?

She suddenly felt something drop on her shoulder on her left, she turned her head and found what seemed to be a drip of blank ink or oil. She quickly brushed it off, creating a stain on her hand and clothes.

But a low quiet breathing made her cease everything else, and slowly looked up in fear.

She didn't know what she was looking at. She saw a face, seemingly split open to show the dark flesh underneath, along with sharp canine-like teeth, black eyes with white pupils glaring back at her with their brain exposed. Black tentacles clinged onto the ceiling above as sharp metal bladed claws fidgets and twitches.

"Boo."

She stood there for a few seconds, wide-eyed and visibly shaken. Without a second though, she dropped everything and bursted the door open.

You got her good, she ran out of the room screaming like a girl.

Oh wait...she is a girl.

You didn't know what she was down here for, but you can only assume that everything that happens down here is always a sign of bad business. Besides, you've been alone for a year, you didn't know who to trust at all. For all you know, they could be working for All For One.

So you darted out of the door and rushed after her.

Keiko ran down the hallway and into the darkness, in all of the commotion, she dropped her flashlight back at the file room, leaving her to blindly run around the darkness.

'What was that?!' She panicked, 'Who was that, what even is this place?!'

Before she knew it, she ran into a wall. Stumbling, she quickly felt her way around and rushed down another corridor.

Keiko saw a shadow of herself extend down the hall, she risked a glance behind her and saw your eyes lighting up like car lights beaming down the road. She didn't know whenever to be thankful for the light or be scared of you.

She turned a corner, much more smoothly thanks to your light. You followed her, but as you crashed into the wall at the end of the corridor...

*SLICE*

You ran into what seemed to be a glowing white line, slashed in the air, causing you to suddenly fall apart as your head hit the floor.

'What?' You questioned, 'What happened?'

Your glowing eyes looked at the girl who was still running away down the other hall. Something shiny reflected back from her right hand.

'Ah, of course. I should have known.' You rolled your eyes, 'Everyone has a Quirk.'

Quirk: Line Cut

The user is able to create a sharp white glowing line in the air using a sharp object such as a knife.

"I'm sorry!" You heard her called out.

You scuffed in annoyance before standing up with your body, picking up your head and reattached it where it belongs.

Wait...Sorry? Now that's something you haven't heard in a long time. Who was it who said sorry last time? You can't remember much, just short memories of the past. It makes sense of course, people would go insane being stuck as a monster for a year, or even the fact that they can't die anymore.

You looked up from your thoughts, what were you doing again?

Your hear footsteps fading away from you.

'Dangit! She's getting away!'

You darted down the hall, chasing after her again with your tentacles running like spider legs. Even at a far distance, you can still hear her footsteps. You can't let her get away, otherwise other people will know.

You don't want to be experimented on again...

Keiko doesn't want to die either, she turns another corner, still holding the box cutter tightly in her hand.

'Oh my god, did I just really do that?' She questioned herself. 'Did I actually kill them?'

She felt really bad now that she cutted your head off, but also quite traumatised knowing that she just killed someone. Keiko was nearing the entrance, but started slowing down into a walk, feeling the guilt slowly build up to her.

"I actually killed them, didn't I?"

"No, I checked."

Before Keiko had time to react, a black tentacle wrapped around her leg and pulled her backwards, tripping her up. She screamed again as you pulled her back towards yourself. You turned her around and got a better look at her.

She was around 15 or 16 years old, with long ginger hair extending past her shoulders, freckles on her face and green eyes. She was quite beautiful in some way, a shame really, she's not getting out of here alive.

"No! No, no, nonono!" She screamed as you pinned her down with your tentacles.

"It's a shame, really." You said, opening a part of your own face to show a part of your flesh underneath. "To let a face so great to go to waste."

"W-Wait...what?"

"I'm saying you're beautiful, and you're going to die." You rolled your eyes. "Do you honestly know what you were doing once you stepped foot in this place? Why would someone want to spend a night in a place like this?"

"Can...can you please, let me go?" Keiko asked, still scared and afraid. "I-I promise I won't bother y-you again."

Your eyes stared back into hers, making her feel the cold down her spine.

"Unfortunately for you, I don't want anyone to say a word about this place." You said, flexing your claw-like fingers. "Trust is a hard thing for me, and so that means I have to silence anyone who comes here."

Keiko's eyes widened in shock. "Bu-But why?! Why are you doing this? What did I do wrong?!"

"What did you do wrong?" Your eyes narrowed, annoyed by not being able to get this over with sooner. "First of all, you were trespassing into private property which now belongs to me for the past year or so. Second of all..." You trailed off.

'What did she do wrong?' You repeated in your head. Now that you think about it, you were attacking her for trespassing without a second thought. Perhaps you thought she was related to All For One in some way, or that she discovered who you are and planned on calling the police to take you into custody.

But maybe she was actually innocent, came here either out of curiosity, or maybe a result of a dare?

You looked back down at her, who was still laying on the floor, restrained by your tentacles, scared for her life.

"Name?"

"...W-What?"

"I said NAME!" You roared into her face.

"K-KEIKO!"

"Keiko...That means blessed, right? Lucky child, happy child, or adored one?" She nodded, "Alright, 'Keiko'. I want you to tell me, why are you here-"

*BANG!*

A loud gunshot echoed through the halls. You tried to turn your head towards the owner, but only managed to catch a glimpse of someone standing and holding something in their hand before falling to the ground. Keiko sat up as the tentacles easen their hold on her limbs and quickly crawled backwards, away from you.

"Keiko!"

"Yamato!" She jumped up from the ground and ran into her friend, jumping straight into his arms and into a crushing hug.

"Oh, thank god you're ok." He sighed, "We heard you screaming, so we came running like I said."

"Don't. Ever. Make me do something like this again!" She broke the hug, "I thought I was going to die!"

"We kinda guessed that." Keiko's other friend, Ema, came from behind Yamato, "Although we didn't expect it to be so literal."

"Um...Where's Ai and Ren?" She asked, glancing behind Ema.

"Make out season."

Keiko facepalmed, "Of course those two...They can't get enough of each other."

Yamato sighed, "Welp, you've brought us an 'interesting experience' so I say we call it a night and head home." He turned towards Ema, "Do we know where those two are?"

"Probably in an alleyway or something." She shrugged.

"Alright, let's go get them and get out of here." He turned back to Keiko, who was looking at you as you tried to desperately crawl slowly towards her. He expected her to slowly back away from you before turning around and leaving without a second thought, but instead, Keiko just stood there, watching you. "Keiko?" He called out, causing her to jump and turn around, "You coming?"

"Uh..." She glanced back at you. "Yeah, in a minute."

Yamato slowly walked up to her and placed his hand on her shoulder. "Are you alright?"

"I-I'm fine!" She exclaimed, "Let's just go, I don't want to be here anymore." She hugged herself.

Yamato nodded, and the three of them turned away and left you there on the floor in the darkness of the underground. You watched as they turned the corner and out of sight and their other flashlights fading away.

What did exactly happen there? What were you shot with?

Well, it appears to be a regular gun, one someone could easily buy with the right requirements. Perhaps that boy stole it from his father just in case something were to happen during this 'dare' or something. But a simple gun shouldn't be able to knock you down so easily, right? Unless it was shot directly in the brain and into your frontal lobe, where most body functions receive commands from.

'No! They're getting away!' Your movements start returning back to normal as your Quirk slowly fixes that hole in your skull. 'They can't know, everything will be worse if this gets out!'

You continued to crawl across the floor, your tentacles started shifting and tried assisting you by pushing your body forward.

'Come on! Move damn it!' You told your body intensively.

"Hey, stop pushing yourself." You looked back up to see that Keiko had returned, kneeling down to you.

You growled at her. "What are you doing back here? Are you gonna shove victory in my face? Or show sympathy to someone who just tried to kill you? If so, you better start running before my brain fixes itself..."

"No! I'm not doing either of that!" She paused, "I...just wanted to say sorry for what happened earlier."

You raised an eyebrow, "Sorry?"

"For cutting you, I mean." Keiko looked at her hands, "For a moment there, I thought that I actually killed someone. I haven't felt something so traumatic before, so thank goodness you're still alive."

"...You cut my entire head off my shoulders."

"I DID WHAT?!!"

"I guess it's fine." You somehow managed to shrug, "You can chop me into a thousand pieces, I can't really die anyways."

Keiko blinked, "You're...immortal?"

"You can imagine all the questions people will ask me." You rolled your eyes, "If I can't answer something, then they'll put me into another lab again. Then they'll test whatever they can on me, from what type of things I can do, or what type of chemical reacts to my body..." You looked up to her again. "That's why I was trying to kill you back then, I don't want to go back to that."

"Oh, I didn't know, I'm so sorry."

"You just said sorry a few seconds ago." You groaned, "Look, I know we just met, but I actually don't want to kill you. Do me a favour, and don't say a word about this place..."

Keiko wasn't sure what to say. She looked at what seemed to be someone just trying to hide from other 'dangerous' people. But in doing so, you almost tried to murder her on the spot.

"Well..." She started, "I think I can promise that." She kneeled down to the floor, "But there's ONE thing that I want you to do first."

"Oh yeah? And what's that?"

_______________

Yamato, Ema walked out of the building in the dead of night. No cars, no one walking around, buildings all dark. There was a dim shine behind the clouds in the sky, leaving no moon tonight. You'll only find stray cats or night owls at this time of the day (or rather, night).

"So..." Ema glances around, "Where do you think those two are?"

Yamato looked behind him, "I dunno. Where's Keiko?"

She squinted at him before smiling. "I told you~! You're in love with Keiko!"

Yamato folded his arms and rolled his eyes. "Still on about it?"

"You know I'm not gonna call it off until you confess~!"

"Still no."

"Oh come on!" She exclaimed, "You two are just perfect for each other!" Just then, footsteps came from behind, Ema turned around, "Oh look! Here she comes!"

Yamato turned around and saw Keiko catching up to them.

"Hey guys!" She called out, "Wait for me!"

"Keiko, where did you go?" Yamato asked, "You were just by us for a few seconds then just suddenly vanished."

"Oh, that!" She exclaimed, "Well you see, I went off to-

"AAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

A loud scream echoed through the dark night of the city, disturbing the quiet peace for a moment. Seconds later, 2 teenagers, one boy and girl, ran out of the alleyway, screaming their head's off.

"RUN FOR IT!!!" Ren shouted.

"GET OUT OF HERE!!!" Ai yelled as they both dashed away to the opposite direction of the group, leaving the rest of them confused, except for Keiko who stood there with a smug look on her face.

.

.

.

"Uh..." Ema glanced at the alleyway they just ran out from. "What's up with them?"

"Gee, I dunno?" Keiko shrugged, putting up a good act. "Maybe something spooked them?"

"We gotta catch up to them," He sighed, before running after them. "Hey! Ai! Ren! Hold up!"

Ema followed after him, "Don't leave me here! Wait for me!"

Keiko walked to the alleyway and looked down at it, a few moments later, she saw you pop your head out from behind a trash bin. She waved and gave you a thumbs up. "Great job! Thanks!" She mouthed.

"Thank you!" You mouthed back. "You can expect the greatest results from me." Your expression quickly faded, "Now get out of here and don't tell a soul, or else I'll come to your house and murder you in your sleep."

Keiko laughed, but then stopped for a moment. Ren and Ai ran out of the alleyway because you scared the life out of them, meaning they must have seen you. Her eyes widened in realization of what she just did. She clutched her head in panic, causing you to give her a questioning look.

"Oh no! They saw you!" She mouthed.

Your eyes narrowed in anger. "You what?! Why didn't you tell me that would happen?!"

"Why didn't you stop me then?!" She shouted. You scoffed in annoyance and pulled up the middle finger. "Ah..." Said Keiko. "Of course..."

Police case file: Strange Monster in the dark.

Until season 7 comes out, expect a few posts in between. Do you guys want One-Shots in the meantime? You can expect different timelines and universes, more stories of our 'Nomu-Child'.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 57.8K 71
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
173K 8.4K 53
Four siblings, two elder brothers and two younger sisters living with their rich parents!! Get ready to enter the life of these siblings and their fa...
184K 6K 78
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
158K 5.7K 91
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...