Hubris

By Moonlit_Jazz

A mystery adventure type story, about an emotionless boy named Zeldris who has received a deadly curse for go... More

Chapter 1: The chosen one
Chapter 2: Repent!
Chapter 3: Restart!
Chapter 4: Confrontation!
Chapter 5: The Battle!
Chapter 6: Resolve!
Chapter 7: Second Wind!
Chapter 8: The Brawl!
Chapter 9: The Brawl Part 2!
Chapter 10: An Offer You Can't Refuse!
Chapter 11: Change!
Chapter 12: Modesty!
Chapter 13: A New Face!
Chapter 14: Rejection!
Chapter 15: Dissension!
Chapter 17: A Little Help!
Chapter 18: A New Ally!
Chapter 19: Strike Back!
Chapter 20: Rule Of Three!
Chapter 21: Damned!
Chapter 22: The Truth!
Chapter 23: His Decree!
Chapter 24: Club Activities!
Chapter 25: Preparation!

Chapter 16: Denier of Free will!

0 0 0
By Moonlit_Jazz

The scene starts with Zeldris gasping as he stared forward. His friends broke out of their conversations to look over at him to see what was wrong.

Takeo: "Yo..Zel are you good?"

Ryo: "It appears he must've been daydreaming. Our king is quite wise to say the least."

They all laughed but Zeldris stared at them..he couldn't help but feel relief after seeing they were not about to stab him.

Zeldris: "What just happened?.."

Jack: "Huh..did you hit your head? The rich kid just got rejected by Phoebe."

Phoebe: "Rejected?.."

Tabitha: "Y-Yes..you turned down a very rich student."

Phoebe gasped before saying in her light voice.

Phoebe: "Ohhhh, so that's what I did. He's not my Zelly so it doesn't matter!"

Phoebe jumped toward Zeldris hugging his arm. Zeldris had a quick flashback in his head..he remembered her grabbing his arms and holding him still. Zeldris began to sink into despair..how would he deal with such a power? Zeldris was glad he was able to go back before the incident even had a chance to occur. Zeldris looked over at the others before saying.

Zeldris: "Later."

Once Zeldris had said that and started to walk away, everyone scattered. Phoebe crossed the road before walking down a pathway through the park. From a distance, Zeldris was seen following her quite far back watching her to see what could've went wrong in such a short amount of time. Zeldris was hidden behind a tree, he got to witness the pigtailed blonde hum to herself quite a catchy tune as she took her stroll.

Zeldris: "So carefree, how has she even gotten this far? She'd probably trust a guy offering magic beans."

Zeldris shook his head before cutting his eyes when he had noticed something off. It was Anthony.. he remembered the blonde short hair and how he wore his uniform. Zeldris got a little closer before witnessing Anthony touch her shoulder. Phoebe had froze once he had dome that, her head was slumped slightly. Zeldris gritted his teeth slightly feeling slightly enraged..but he couldn't do anything at least not yet. Zeldris saw as she nodded and followed him into the shrubbery..

Zeldris: "That bastard..so he was the one that hypnotised them, not Tristan. Then what did he mean about the curse being a gift to him?.."

Zeldris began to speculate but he shook it off for now. He followed behind them before crouching in the bushes. Phoebe walked up to the alter along with Anthony. There was a makeshift stone table along with four large rocks that were held up vertically. Zeldris had a memory pop up..that's where the others were held. Zeldris cracked his knuckles before getting ready to move..but he stopped.

Anthony: "Don't worry, she's here safe and sound Boss."

From a distance there was the sound of smart shoes getting closer, they clacked against the stone steps rather intimidatingly. Zeldris immediately guessed who it was...

Tristan: "Good, Good. This wench along with her other friends, are the ones that made a mockery of me."

Anthony: "Yeah, don't worry about her pulling anything. While I'm using my curse on her. Her free will is being denied."

Tristan: "Curse? You have mentioned such a thing before. I am a man of science and reason, such thoughts of curses are of fools beliefs. Such as voodoo and other supernatural phenomena."

Anthony laughed before saying.

Anthony: "Oh really? Then explain how I can do this."

When he had said that, Anthony waved his index finger.

Anthony: "Hey, do yourself a solid and punch yourself in the face!"

When he commanded such a thing. Phoebe raised her right hand before punching herself in the face rather hard. Her soft pale cheek darkened due to the bruising.

Phoebe: "Your. Next. Order. Master."

Tristan scoffed before he laughed saying.

Tristan: "She's only pretending, such things happen in fairytales and I rather not succumb to such childish beliefs."

Anthony rolled his eyes as he had said such things.

Anthony: "Oh right. I should probably give you this."

Anthony dug into his blazer pocket before taking out a small orb that was the size of a tennis ball.

Anthony: "Think fast."

He then chucked it up at Tristan. Tristan was surprised before catching it effortlessly and elegantly.

Tristan: "What is this?.."

Anthony: "That my friend is what'll rewrite your whole gene pool. Cheating the system God has given us. Break it and you'll be able to become a king."

Tristan was confused at first. He looked down at the pale white glowing orb. It had a crescent moon icon on it. He sighed before breaking it within his hands. As he broke the orb, it crumbled to dust and a mini white orb ascended into the sky before diving straight into his chest. Tristan was confused at first..but once it had settled in, he hunched over grabbing his chest. He let out ear piercing shrieks as his glasses dropped off his face hitting the ground. His eyes lit up a pale white before they showed a crescent moon briefly. Tristan had deep breaths as slumped over on the stone table briefly.

Tristan: "What did you to do me?! Spit it out you baffoon!"

Anthony: "Woah Woah, you should be thanking me. I gifted you something able to take down the man you hate the most haha. Test it out on blondie over there."

Tristan looked down at his pale hands that shook slightly due to the pain, but he shook it off. He held his hand out to Phoebe before saying.

Tristan: "Moon wave!!"

When he called out his chant, a white ray of light echoed through the sky undoing the hypnotism that Phoebe was under briefly before putting her into an even stronger version of it. Phoebe looked toward Tristan before saying.

Phoebe: "Your. Command. Master."

Tristan was surprised..he started to laugh before it turned into maniacal cackling.

Tristan: "Oh my...I feel such overwhelming power. This is marvellous, I can deny many of their free will. With this I can become a God among commoners!"

Anthony laughed before saying.

Anthony: "Yeah, just remember your power is only strongest depending on what phase it is of the moon. Well that's what some weird guy told me."

Tristan: "That is just minor details. We need an army..we shall start by hypnotising all the students at school and make them our puppets..that way we needn't abuse all our resources and power to take down that fool."

Tristan began to laugh once again before he looked over at Phoebe.

Tristan: "Oooh, how could I forget..a wench like you had the audacity to reject my heartfelt confession."

Tristan raised his hand before backhanding Phoebe, when she had fallen back. He began to stomp on her laughing frantically as he did so.

Tristan: "How dare you embarrass me?! How dare you look at me as if you are higher than me! You are dirt, scum and you only will belong to me. Isn't that right?"

Tristan grabbed her shirt before staring deep into her hypnotised hues.

Phoebe: "Yes. Master."

Zeldris watched all of it unfold..he gritted his teeth growling as he felt slightly enraged. Zeldris was about to get out of the bush and rush over..but his heart froze when he heard Tristan say something.

Tristan: "There's no point in hiding."

When he said that, Tristan raised his index finger and pointed it toward the bush. A pale white beam was shot out vaporising it instantly. Zeldris's pupils shrank as the beam grazed his cheek..the cut was deep, blood began to spill out slightly but Zeldris couldn't focus on it. He ran toward the two ready to fight.

Anthony: "Woah Oi, there was a rat here?"

Zeldris ignored Anthony and went straight for Tristan. His anger only boiled for him and he needed to beat him in order to free Phoebe.

Zeldris: "BASTARD!!!!!!!"

Tristan had a smug expression. Zeldris propelled his fist forward toward his face..But Tristan was unfazed by this.

Tristan: "Would you kindly block this for me, my dear?"

Once he had said that command. Phoebe swiftly jumped in front of the punch guarding it. As his fist connected with her face, Zeldris gasped.

Zeldris: "Shit!"

Tristan snapped his fingers and Phoebe swiftly palm struck Zeldris's face sending him back. Anthony let out a low whistle watching him skid back.

Anthony: "Daaaaaaamn, you ain't looking so good. Donny wouldn't of been hit by that."

Zeldris clambered to his feet as he rubbed his cheek.

Tristan: "Although watching your friend mercilessly beat you to a bloody pulp would make for quite the entertainment. I can't waste my time no longer here, having you wiped out instantly will have the main objective completed."

Tristan opened his palm facing Zeldris.

Tristan: "I feel..I am getting used to this power. Crescent passing!"

When Tristan chanted his spell, a wide pale beam was expelled toward Zeldris. When Zeldris was hit by this beam, he was destroyed from the inside. A massive hole was left in the centre of his body, his beating heart was exposed, it's continuous beating began to slowdown.

Thump...thump.....thump..........thump.

Zeldris looked down at the whole in his chest, he felt the rush of pain surge through his body..his ribs began to crumble out onto the ground. Zeldris fell onto his knees, his intestines were sprawled out on the ground along with bits of his other organs. He fell onto his side as life in his eyes started to dim.

Thump................thump.............thump

His heart started to decrease in speed..it got slower and slower before it finally stopped, Zeldris's dark pupils lost their colour. Zeldris's blood painted the grey stones, his gore decorating the plain altar. The last thing Zeldris heard was Tristans cackle before saying smugly.

Tristan: "We're just getting started."

Chapter end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Hubris: Vol 3 By Moonlit_Jazz

Mystery / Thriller

9 0 37
Now that Zeldris has gotten a few links to uncover the mystery, Zeldris and his friends decide to travel to Italy to try and uncover the piece of the...
52 6 16
A story of how a group of people who wields magic saves the world.
18 5 11
A 21-year-old part-time nurse named Carter Lament spends an afternoon with her childhood friend, Winter August, after a long and miserable day of hea...
4.7K 90 13
~ Book 1: Deadly feelings ~ ~ Book 2: Hidden feeling~ ~ Book 3 ??~ coming soon... Two years of staying together after college, officially, they're en...